75%: The Christmas

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week before the winter break is always very hectic. Baekhyun has been busy with group project, meanwhile I have been busy shopping for the coming Christmas season. We barely had time to meet up, and we only passed by each other in school. People said that we are getting too distant, and we might break up very soon. Rumours do fly around the school very fast, but we don’t even have time to clear those misunderstanding. We were just that busy. 

Baekhyun has ben getting along very well with Park Sodam, and he was always smiling whenever he talked with her. Well, I mean they have similar personalities so it was not a surprise that they got along very well.

I am not jealous. I am just stating what I saw. I see them everywhere, in the cafeteria, inside the library. Whenever I spotted him together with her, he would just say that they were doing the project together.  

During this period, I tried to help out at the cafe and I got a little closer to Sehun as well. 

Miyeon, just like what she had promised, continues to come to the cafe. And Sehun being a persistent person, he is still keeping his name a secret. 

I feel like I should set Sehun up with one of my friend but I didn’t know if he would like it. I don’t want to be seen as someone who was too nosy.

Just as I exit the seminar room after the last lesson, a group of girls approach me.

I don’t know them but I think I have seen them before. 

“How may I help you?” I ask them politely. 

“You know you should really keep a watch on your boyfriend. We…think that he might be cheating behind your back.” One of them takes one step closer to me, as she says.

“And you are telling me this because…?” 

“Because we thought that the girlfriend should know what her boyfriend is doing behind her back.” 

“Ah. Thanks.” I nod my head.

I should really tell Baekhyun about this. 

I frown, it’s not that I care a lot but I just…want him to be careful of his actions at least before we can catch the stalker. Talking about the stalker, she has been really quiet these days. I guess even the stalker has to do her school work and finish them before the holiday starts.

I take out my phone from my jeans’ pocket, and quickly text Baekhyun to ask him where he was at. Since I am free right now, I should bother him a little and catch up with him.

I receive a message from him just then.

Baekhyun:

Our group booked a room at Building 2A and we are having a group discussion. Why? Do you need anything? Sth happened to you?

I text him again, to ask him if I could come over and join his group while promising him that I wouldn’t disturb their group discussion.

Baekhyun:

I think today is not a good day, sorry Woojin :( we are really rushing against the time so i don't want any distraction even if it's seeing you.

I have already promised him that I wouldn't be a distraction to him, yet he is still rejecting this. This somehow makes me feel uneasy. Is it because of Park Sodam?

Should I go and spy on them? 

I stop walking, and do a U-turn and head straight to where Byun Baekhyun is.  I mean I would just be--you know take a look at where he is and see if he is actually doing work and not slacking off.

 

 

I could easily spot Baekhyun even from ten meters away, one of the main reason was because of his hair colour. That guy is obsessed with hair dye. One day you might spot him with pink hair, and the next day he might be in blue. I pity his scalp.

And the most frustrating part is that he looks good in whatever colour he chose to dye his hair. Once he turns up looking like a Japanese Spitz and I would have to admit it that even my heart fluttered when I saw him with his white hair. But of course, this is one of the secret that I would be taking to the grave. If he finds out about this, he wouldn't stop teasing me about it and I probably wouldn't be able to tolerate his teasings.

Luckily, the group discussion rooms’ doors are transparent, and I could easily see what Byun Baekhyun is doing.

There are circular tables outside of the discussion rooms which students can use to study if they couldn't book the discussion rooms and I chose a seat where I could easily see inside Baekhyun’s group discussion room but he couldn’t easily see me because there is this table full of people in his line of vision that is blocking me. I didn’t want him to make fun of me for being so clingy so it would be better for me to secretly spy on him instead.

It is rare to see Baekhyun being all serious and concentrated in his work because he always jokes around me. And I have gotten used to seeing Baekhyun as a jokester. So seeing this serious Baekhyun really captures all of my attention on him.

My eyes twitch as I watch him being really physically close to Park Sodam. Their arms brushing past each other whenever one of them moved, but they didn't look like they mind it at all. They look really comfortable around each other.  No wonder people were getting the wrong idea. 

I scoff as I watch him smile at whatever she is saying to him, and I could literally see hearts coming out from his eyes.

What exactly am I doing? This is not good. Nope. I am showing symptoms of jealousy and I hate it. Why should I be jealous of Park Sodam? 

I quickly take my things and pack up, and as I turn my head to look into the room one last time, that is when our eyes me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter