25%: The plan

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Girlfriend? How in the end did you even think of that idea?” I stare at him; feeling pretty flabbergasted at how bold Baekhyun’s idea was. The whole school knows that Baekhyun and I have been stuck together at our butts since forever and they have accepted the fact. And if we were to tell the whole world that both of us have decided to date, no one would believe it.

“Because you are the girl that I would be the most comfortable to have a fake relationship with. Just help me out, Woojin.” Baekhyun pleads, pulling up his puppy eyes card on me.

“But...the stalker just texted you about how pissed off she was because you interacted with some random chick. If we somehow fake a relationship, wouldn’t she want to kill me? I don’t want to get my killed just because of your stalker.” I shake my head.

“If I do this, then the stalker would probably try to harm you. I wouldn’t deny it. But that also means that I would get to know the identity of the stalker, and I can report this to school.” Baekhyun reasons with me. “Don’t worry, I will protect you and make sure that the stalker can’t even touch a strand of your hair.” 

“I don’t exactly trust you with my life, Baekhyun.” I shake my head, feeling really uncomfortable with the whole situation. I don’t think Baekhyun really knows how dangerous a stalker can be.

“I can protect you.” Baekhyun says firmly. “If you help me out, I promise you that I would treat you one year of ice-cream.” 

To say the least, I am tempted by his offer and I almost want to nod my head. 

“Baekhyun, as much as I want to help you, you know that I’m not a very reliable person to play pretend with you.” I shake my head once more. 

“You just need to be still, and I will do the work.” Baekhyun says convincingly.

“One year of ice-cream…” My lips trail off those words, getting really tempted to say yes. “But what will happen after the stalker is caught?” I ask him.

“Then we will go back to being friends in front of everyone.” Baekhyun replies back, as if he has this whole thing figured out.

“But wouldn’t people be suspicious about it?” My eyebrows narrow, as I stare at him in confusion.
“Who cares?” Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders. “They can say whatever they want, just don’t care about it.”
“Let me think about it.” I mutter, not really wanting to say yes immediately without thinking about all the pros and cons of the facade that Baekhyun wants to pull.

 

 

When I say ‘let me think about it’, it actually means that I would need three or four days to consider about this. Baekhyun knows this too, but he has been pestering me non-stop about my response to his plan. And it is really annoying me to the point that I wish I could kick him to the edge of the earth, far far away from me.

Wednesday quickly rolls in, and which means I have a shift at Sehun’s cafe. Sehun texted me at Sunday’s night (after the ice-cream treat from Baekhyun) saying that I was accepted as a part-timer at their cafe. I was beyond elated and texted Sehun ‘thank you’ multiple time, and now that I think about it, I would have been annoyed with me if I was Sehun.

I stand behind the counter, busy making smoothies for the sudden large inflow of customers. The time is now 2p.m in the afternoon, and it is no surprise at the large number of customers. The customers mainly are the middle-schoolers and high-schoolers, and most of them are girls. And I have a gist of the reason why they came to this cafe. All of their eyes are fixated on Sehun and his every little movements. Sehun seems to be aware of it, because his actions seem to be a little bit more exaggerated than the usual. I snicker to myself, even Sehun likes the attention he is getting from all the girls, just that he isn’t so flamboyant about it unlike certain someone that I know.

“How do you feel about being a Mr.Popular?” I nudge Sehun a little, while wiggling my eyebrow. It is a surprise at how comfortable I am with Sehun, despite knowing him for only a few days. I guess that his quiet and kind character soothe me, and I have a liking towards guys like that. A polar opposite of my best friend to be exact.

“I-I am flattered?” Sehun stammers, as his cheeks redden in embarrassment. 

“Your girlfriend must be jealous.”I while cleaning all the plates and cups.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” Sehun shakes his head. 

Huh. This surprises me. I thought for sure a girl would have already claim Sehun as hers. 

“That is a surprise.” I say.
“Why is it so?” He asks me back. 

“Since you are handsome, I would have thought that you would have meet a girl that you like and you wouldn’t have a problem getting her heart.” I shrug. 

“Is that so?” Sehun smiles to himself. He pours in a few strawberries into the blender, and starts to blend the fruits to make the mix fruits smoothie. 

“Yep.” I nod my head.

“Then how about you? Are you taken?” Sehun asks softly, as if he is unsure of whether to ask the question.

“I’m not. Single.” I shake my head. “I don’t think I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter