70%: The Room

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is on the floor, while I sit on the edge of my bed. We stare around my room awkwardly, as both of us don’t know how to start the conversation properly. 

“Say something,” I cough awkwardly.

Baekhyun chuckles with unease, as he rubs his nape. “I-I wish I could but right now my mind is just filled with questions and I don’t really want to bombard all the questions to you.” 

“I won’t give you an excuse to why I did that.” I say firmly. “It’s definitely not because of  the alcohol, and I can’t give you a definite answer or an explanation just yet—so do you mind if I ask you to wait again?” 

“I will wait. But I’m glad to hear it, and I’m very grateful towards you for not making up random excuses for me. Thank you, Woojin.” Baekhyun stares up at me, and gives me one of his cheeky grin.

“Y-You’re welcome.” I clear my throat and shift my eyes away from his face when I feel my  face burning up in embarrassment. 

“So…what’s with the sudden coming over to my house for a sleepover?” 

“I couldn’t sleep, so I thought why not just swing by to your place and see if you could sleep as well. I will go back, don’t worry. I don’t want to be scolded by either of our moms, so… I will go back after you sleep.” He shudders when he mentions about our moms. And Mrs. Byun is very strict about sleepovers and I understand her very well. After all, it’s pretty weird for two grown friends of opposite genders to be sleeping together.

“Woojin, where’s your dad’s guitar?” He asks as he cranes his neck while inspecting my room very carefully.

“Just a sec, I will get for you.” I got up from my bed, and go over to a storage room where we keep most of the things that we don’t use often. I haven’t seen the guitar for a very long time because it always break my heart whenever I see the guitar and remember about my father and secondly, I don’t know how to play the guitar so there is really no point of keeping it in my room. 

I wrap my arm around the guitar tightly against my chest, remembering about the days when my father used to strum beautiful melodies for me to listen to. I walk back into the room, and carefully hand over my father’s guitar to Baekhyun.

“Mr. Park, please lend me your skills for a short while for me to serenade your daughter and maybe charm her into falling in love with me.” Baekhyun winks at me, as he settles the guitar in between his legs.

He does the usual thing of tuning the guitar, and somehow today, he looks…just a little bit more charming while tuning the guitar.

“Ok, so is there any song you want me to sing to you?” He asks.

“I am fine with any songs.” I shrug my shoulders.

“Ah, I see, so you just want to hear my voice.” Baekhyun smirks.

“Do you really have to be this arrogant every single time?” I glare at him.

“Alright, so let me just sing for you Yoo Mirae’s Flower.” Baekhyun clears his throat as he begins to warm up his vocals. 

“Isn’t that the OST for Hyun Bin’s drama?” I ask him.

“Yep, it is. And I know you watch any dramas with handsome actors in them, so I know you will watch his new drama.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes at me. 

“Geez, you are really scary because you know me too well.” I frown.

“Yea, exactly. I know you too well yet I still fell for you. It’s ridiculous and insane at the same time, isn’t it?” 

“Shut up.” I groan.

“Alright, I am going to start singing now.” Baekhyun clears his throat, and sits up straight. “Be prepared to be charmed by me.” He sends me a wink.

He begins to strum, and the familiar melody makes me smile. I watch Baekhyun’s beautiful fingers moving ever so effortlessly across the fingerboard of the guitar. 

“On the street I was walking, I saw a flower, smaller than my hand. Just like my eyes going to it, my heart goes to your slight trembles. What if you fall when it rains, what if you freezes when it snows, so I am worried about you. And I’m worried about you. I am not used to pretty words like that. Although I have never given them to you, my heart was always yours. My worry is always on you. Always, your way.” 

Baekhyun adds some of his own touches to the song, and it is truly magical. I don’t even realise that I am smiling as I watch him sing wholeheartedly. 

Is this what it feels to be the luckiest girl to be alive?

This performance feels different as compared to when he is singing on a stage to the crowd. There are more flutters in my heart, and I couldn’t stop smiling; it is as if I am entranced by him.

Baekhyun ends the song with a smile on his face, and he asks, “So how is it? How is my singing?” 

“Beautiful.” This is my sincere reply to him.  

“Aww. Thanks.” He chuckles. “It’s my first time singing that song, so I was kind of scared that it wouldn’t meet your expectations. But I am happy to hear that you found my singing to be beautiful.” 

“Baekhyun, if there is one thing that I definitely like about you—it has to be your voice.” I say. “My father is a musician, but I am so tone-deaf. Do you know how frustrating it is?” I groan, while punching the pillow. 

“Maybe, you got your genes from your mom?” Baekhyun laughs.

 “How I wish I could sing,” I sigh, before lying down on the bed. Then, there is this silence. I just stare at the ceiling, while wondering what on earth Baekhyun is thinking.

“Woojin,” Baekhyun suddenly calls out my name.

“Yea?”

“Can I go up and lie down beside you? I promise I wouldn’t take too long. Please?” He pleads. 

I stop breathing, and suddenly there is this lump of excitement in my throat.
“B-Baekhyun, I don’t think that’s a good idea?” I squeak nervously.

“Why not? I mean we did this all the time when we were young.” He dares to say that to me cheekily.

“Baek, it’s different. We are adults now.” He doesn’t listen to what I said, as he flops down on my  bed and lies down beside me. 

“Can I just hold your hand for a few seconds? And I promise I will leave.” Baekhyun tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter