5% : The Question

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I was young, I wanted to be a baker because I love to eat cakes (I know it’s silly but I was a kid) and Baekhyun wanted to be an astronaut because every boys thought it was cool and they assumed that once they venture into space, they would have a chance to fight with aliens. But as both of us grew older, our dreams and aspirations took a 18o degree change. I want to enter into business sector and have a plain job at an office, whereas Baekhyun wants to be a singer. He is a good singer, and every time he goes on the stage, he will always mange to steal everyone’s hearts. He is one of the performers that I have seen that has so much stage presence in one body. And I am proud to say that Baekhyun discovered his dream mainly thanks to me. He told me before that he found his love for singing when he would try to search different songs online and learnt them just so that he could sing for me that night.

In addition, he is a heartthrob. Maybe, it started around when he was fifteen. Baekhyun had a sudden growth spurt, and his looks changed drastically. He wasn’t the usual geeky Baekhyun that I had known since we were young. But personality likewise, he is still the same. He still acts cheeky around me, but when he is in front of girls, he turns into this sleazy cheeseball of flirt.
He is popular among girls, and I am also popular among girls— I am known as the infamous wall between Byun Baekhyun and the girls. 

The girls think that in order to get his heart, they will have to win over my heart so I got nice gifts from random girls every single day. At first, it seemed great, actually—fantastic since I was gifted with expensive make-up that I couldn’t afford with my mere part-time salaries during breaks from school, but eventually it became annoying. Every gift comes with annoying requests from girls for me to set-up Baekhyun with them. 

Now, I refuse to accept any ‘briberies’ from any girls even if I am slightly close to them. 

I wait for Baekhyun at the bus stop right in front of the gates of our university. He has practices every Friday, and I will usually wait for him since my classes end early on Friday.

I hear Baekhyun’s chuckles, so I look up from the ground that I have been staring at all this while. He is with a girl, and I don’t recognise her. I frown a little but try to push the thoughts that are starting to becloud in my brain.

Both of them are tootling at their own pace towards my direction, and occasionally, Baekhyun will look up and our eyes meet.

He knows that I am feeling confused about the sudden appearance, but he is obviously enjoying the fact that I am dying to know who the hell she is.

“Hello,” I always try to be friendly with Baekhyun’s girl friends because there is always a chance that she might turn into the love of Baekhyun’s life, and she will be very important to me too. Even though Baekhyun’s popularity is as comparable to an idol, Baekhyun never dates any girl unless he has been hiding it from me successfully for all these years.

The new girl friend of Baekhyun smiles back sweetly at me, and bows as a greeting. 

“Don’t you remember me? We went to the same primary school!” She looks overjoyed, but I still couldn’t exactly remember where I had seen her before. She looks kind of similar now that she mentions she went to same primary school as me, but I am still stuck.

Noticing the confused expression on my face, she introduces herself, “I am Kim Geumji!”

There is a click in my brain once I heard her name. Baekhyun’s love confession back in the primary school days, the overly girly love note, and Baekhyun making fun of me for never receiving love confessions before.

“Oh, I remember you.” My smile widens. Kim Geumji was a nice kid from what I could remember. She always baked cookies for the class and she would give Baekhyun three extra cookies which would eventually end up in my stomach. Of course, that was a secret.

“Long time no see. It’s so good seeing you.” Geumji flashes her pearly whites. I have to admit—Geumji has evolved into a really pretty lady. She wasn’t the awkward child with braces on her teeth who loved baking more than her life.

“Yep. Brings back memories, doesn’t it?” I sniff a little, my body has already begun freezing up from the constant cold breezes. Baekhyun hears my soft sniffs, and he automatically takes off his hoodie that he is wearing. 

“How long have you been waiting for me?” Baekhyun’s eyebrows are arched down, as he questions me. I can see that his maternal instincts have been kicked in almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter