15% : The Wall

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is being extra clingy ever since he has revealed our so-called big news. And he has done a good job in spreading words about our ‘new’ status to the whole university. Everyone wants to what has happened overnight for us—how we finally decided that we are compatible with each other. 

Baekhyun’s enjoying the situation a little too much, while we are walking side-by-side, he would always wrap his hand around my, squeezing my body a little bit too close to his. 

And I hate it. I hate how it gives me flutters, the jitters and the butterflies. I shouldn’t have these feelings. Baekhyun is not just a boy to me, he’s my freaking family. It feels wrong.

“Can you stop?” I hiss at him, pushing him away slightly, giving me just enough space to breathe properly.

“No. Can you stop?”  Baekhyun tries to imitate my voice, and pulls an annoyed face. “No one is going to believe us if you always try to wiggle your way out whenever I try to touch you. You won’t become a boy just by touching a boy.”

I look at him, and scrunch up my face in disbelief. “Why the hell are you saying that out of the blue?” 

“You used to believe it when you were young, and wouldn’t let any boys touch you, remember? I literally have to wrap a handkerchief around my hand whenever I touch you.” Baekhyun heaves a sigh, “I really had to endure a lot just to be friends with you.” 

“I-I didn’t believe in that!” Despite my effort in trying to sound as if I am not lying straight in his face, I failed nonetheless. 

“You did. Must I add that you believed in it for like three months, and then when you finally saw my mom holding hands with my dad, then did you believe in that nothing happens when you touch a boy.”

I wasn’t a dumb kid, just in case you are thinking of it right now. I was actually a pretty smart kid. The only reason why I didn’t let anyone hold my hand was because I had always thought that you only let the boy, that you love and will marry in the future, to hold your hand. So I always thought that once I held that boy’s hand, I would have to marry that boy. And Baekhyun had somehow assumed that I didn’t let anyone to hold my hand because I was afraid that I would turn into a boy. I have no idea how he came up with that idea.

“You’re such an idiot!” I hiss at him, stomp on his feet, and storm off. 

Somehow, all these years, I have always thought that the excuse of ‘touching a boy makes me a boy’ is better than ‘if I touch a boy, he will become my future husband’. 

 

 

I hate it. I can’t concentrate on anything the professor is saying. A few girls were sitting around my table, and out of nowhere, they suddenly had a good idea of throwing paper balls at me and started asking me questions. Too many questions about Baekhyun. 

I almost scream at one point and maybe flip a finger at some of the girls. 

But of course, I endure all of their burning curiosity. 

My mouth feels stiff, and all my muscles around my jaw are pretty exhausted by the time the lesson ends. 

Baekhyun, like a textbook boyfriend, awaits for me outside of the classroom, making girls swoon over him—once again.

“How was your lesson?” Baekhyun asks.

“I feel like murdering people.” I hiss under my breath. Baekhyun grins, “They really gave you a hard time in there, huh.”

“Totally. Since when did you become this popular?” I asked.

“When I got this face?” Baekhyun blinks, as he tries to act innocent.

“Your face isn’t even that special!” I spew out in annoyance.

“OK, now you are just blatantly insulting me and I’m hurt.” Baekhyun feigns an expression that awfully looks similar to that one of a look that a puppy might gives you when it wants something. And I hate how convincingly he looks at being a sad wounded puppy.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” Baekhyun nudges me, and mumbles into my ear.

“You! The whole thing! Everything!” I fume, stomping my way out of the school.

“Geez, don’t be such a drama queen. Be calm and tell me exactly what happened during your lesson. Something must have triggered for Park Woojin’s volcano to suddenly blow up.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes at me. 

“I need a cake. Let’s go to Sehun’s shop.” I say, without much thought. And god, how I regret my decision.

 

 

 

 

I feel like standing in a demilitarisation zone, with both of the opposing leaders glaring right at each other, and I am in the middle of it all.

Hot spot. Perfect. 

“Can I eat this cake in peace, please Baekhyun?” I turn to face my best friend, and plead with him.

“Oh, so you’re telling me that I am the one who makes you feel uncomfortable?” Baekhyun snorts and looks at me with a look of disbelief. 

“So you will choose someone whom you have known for four weeks over your own and only one best friend in the world that you have known each other for like what? Nine years? I can’t even believe you!” Baekhyun spits out his fiery words at me, frowning at me like I just committed the biggest sin in the world.

“Now, who’s being the drama queen?” I croak my eyebrow at him, shaking my head in disbelief. “All I am ever saying is I just want to eat the cake peacefully.” 

“But you are accusing of me of trying to start a fight with that guy!” Baekhyun retorts back, pointing an accusing finger right at my nose.

“No, I wasn’t. And that guy has a name, it’s Oh Sehun.” I grit my teeth in anger. If Baekhyun is the cause of Sehun firing me, I swear I will cut the out of the guy sitting beside me.

“You two must be really close.” Mrs. Oh’s voice causes both Baekhyun and I to look up from our bickering session and greeted the elderly woman with a smile.

“Unfortunately.” We both said the same thing simultaneously. 

“Oh, that’s cute.” Mrs. Oh laughs. “I always wanted a childhood best friend for Sehun too, you know like a close friend that you can’t really differentiate with your sibling because they are like your family? But yea, Sehun really has this aloof character since he was young.” 

“Mom? What are you doing? I thought you went to buy ingredients for din

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter