65%: The First Kiss

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can we have four sets of Korean beef, please Aunty?” Baekhyun smiles up at the old lady who came to take our order.

She looks very pleased to see him acting cute, as she nods her head and leaves our table with a big grin on her face.

“Wow, now you’re even charming old ladies, huh.” I scoff at him, while shaking my head. Ever since we were young, Baekhyun's smile could shoot arrows to every adults' hearts meanwhile I was a grumpy kid because I rarely smiled. So of course, almost all of the adults doted on Baekhyun. But growing up, I don't think anything has changed. People are still charmed by Baekhyun's smile, and right, the only thing that has changed is- I became grumpier. 

“Why didn’t you order any alcohol? I feel like I could drink two bottles of it.” I ask in disappointment.

“Did you just forget the fact that I cannot drink alcohol?” Baekhyun asks in disbelief. 

“You can just watch me drink, what’s the problem?” I roll my eyes.

“Right, I can. But I don’t want to." Baekhyun sticks out his tongue. Two can play this game, Byun Baekhyun.

"Honestly, I should just ask Sehun to be my drinking buddy, since he loves to drink.” I don’t honestly know why I brought up Sehun, but I was feeling annoyed. (And I don’t know the reason for my sudden irritation towards Baekhyun came from, but it did.) 

“You better don’t!” Baekhuyn’s eyebrows are furrowed, and he honestly sounds like a dad lecturing his daughter.

“I can do whatever I want.” I mutter.

“Do you know how ridiculous do you get when you are drunk? You get all physical, and start acting like a really clingy girlfriend.” He makes a face at me.

Feeling embarrassed about his sudden attack, I retort back, “Since when did I ever do that? I don’t act like that and I certainly don’t have any bad habits when I am drinking.” 

“When you got drunk for the first time, who’s the one that clung on my arm for four hours straight.” 

“I-I…because that was my first time drinking, and that’s why I acted that way. Now drinking is easy. Really easy.” 

“But still I don’t like it. Don’t drink with other men. If you want to drink, drink in front of me and that’s the only way that I will feel safe.” Baekhyun raises his hand, and calls for the old lady once again. She scurries over to our table with a big grin on her face, and Baekhyun grins back at her, “Can we get one bottle of soju, aunty?”

“Sure, sure! It will be on the house!” 

Never once did I ever receive something free from strangers, and this whole thing just amazes me. How is Byun Baekhyun such a charmer? 

“What?” He asks me once he notices that my eyes were on him.

“I am just wondering how many hearts have you broke?” I tilt my head, as I look at him in disbelief. 

“But you are the owner of this playboy’s heart.” He winks at me.

“Don’t ruin my appetite by saying those gross things.” I mumble at him. I couldn’t believe that he is still saying those ridiculous pick-up lines. Those sweet words may have worked on other girls, but to me—nope, it will not. I will guard my heart.

I will not be swayed by those words. No. I will not be.

“Fine, I won’t say anything. But I am just reminding you of my true feelings since you might have forgotten about it.” Baekhyun heaves a sigh. “You know…it’s kind of hard to be just left hanging. I am not trying to rush you or anything, but I’m just telling you that it’s hard for me too.” 

“Ok.” I nod my head. 

“I can treat you like the luckiest girl in the whole world.” 

“Hmm.” 

“I really love you.”

“I know.” 

“Then do you feel the same way too?”

“Hmm.” 

“Is that a yes or a no?”

“Hmm.”

“Now, you are not even paying attention to me.” Baekhyun huffs as he pouts.

“I am paying attention, just that I don’t know how to reply to you. I am not sure of my own feelings.” 

“Then can I ask you for something?” Baekhyun asks.

“Sure, what’s it?” 

“I want to hold your hand.” 

I almost spit out the water in my mouth as I stare at him in disbelief. 

“In a BBQ restaurant? Are you insane? Do you see anyone holding hand?” I almost yell at him.

“The stalker is here. We have to do something to piss her off so that she would do something to me in retaliation and we will have evidence and we can finally go to the police.” Baekhyun subtly moves his eyeballs so that I know where the stalker is at.

“And I receive a text message from the stalker actually.” He smiles rigidly. “Apparently she thinks that we are not actually dating.” 

“Were we that obvious?” I whisper to him. 

“I think so.” Baekhyun nods his head.

“. Then what else do we need to do?” 

“Promise me that you will not be angry with me after doing something.”
“You need to give me a signal at least.” I warn him and he nods his head. The aunty finally comes back with two platters of raw beef in one hand, and one soju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter