55%: The Date

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

:) thanks for all the support so far hehe<3

“I’m telling you that this is a bad idea.” I shake my head adamantly. There is no way that I’m doing this.

“How is this a bad idea?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, his patience is slowly thinning. 

“You know I can’t do this, right?” I sigh. “That’s why I don’t want to go there.”

“But I will be there for you, you just got to trust me, Woojin.” Baekhyun sighs. “It’s about time that you step out of your comfort zone.”

“You asking me to step in there is equivalent to asking me to die, Baekhyun.” 

“Let’s not exaggerate the situation here, Park Woojin.” He rolls his eyes again. “All I am asking is for you to learn ice skating. Since when did ice skating become equivalent to asking you to die?” He snorts at me in disbelief. 

“Because I can fracture my bones!” I raise my voice.

“I am skating together with you! And by three hours, I promise you that you will be Elsa—the queen of ice.” Baekhyun smiles at me.

“I don’t like Elsa, nor do I want to become Elsa.” I shake my head. “And I only like Olaf from the whole Frozen franchise.” 

“Your favourite character is not the topic here! Come on, I already paid money, and it made a hole in my wallet, so can we just go in there? I know that you hate wasting money the most, so let’s just go in there? Please?” 

I heave a sigh, and is on the verge of crying. Ice skating became a phobia of mine when I was young. As a playful kid, I thought that it would fun to ‘slide’ around on the ice, without knowing the consequences that I could fracture all of my limbs. 

And that was what happened. I broke my leg, and my arms. And I was hospitalised for two weeks. Not to mention, my parents had a big fight because of me. So I stayed away from the ice, until today that is. Byun Baekhyun thought it would be a great idea to bring me out for ice-skating on a Sunday. I could have spend this three hour on my bed, binge-watching some shows but nope. 

“Give me your hand, and just trust me.” Baekhyun said, handing over his palm towards me.

“If you ever dare to let my hand go, I swear I will slaughter you, Byun Baekhyun.” I threaten him, as I take his palm. Baekhyun is the first one to step out into the ice rink, and being a coward I am, I slowly take a step towards him. 

The cold air sends shiver down my spine, as my legs turn rigid while trying to balance myself on the ice.

“You won’t fall, I’m supporting you.” Baekhyun reassures me, and I grip harder on his palms. 

Slowly, we make our way around the ice rink. And my wobbly legs were not helping me, meanwhile, Baekhyun looks like he enjoys watching my clumsy self balancing in a comedic way. I swear he is sniggering at me under his breath.

“Don’t you think that we already had enough fun skating?” I ask, while my legs are not cooperating with me as I slide forward and lost control of my upper body. Baekhyun is not successful in controlling his own balance as well, because he too slide backwards in an attempt to avoid colliding with me and instead of catching me, he falls on the ice. 

He groans when his falls on the ice. However, when he realises that I am falling on top of him, his eyes widen in surprise.

“,” He groans under his breath, it must have been pretty painful for him.

“Are you ok?” I ask timidly.

Baekhyun breathes out shakily, before laughing. I look at him in surprise, and then proceed on punching his chest. “I told you, didn’t I? It’s so freaking dangerous. What if you fracture one of your bone? You know that since you are a musician, you shouldn’t injure your limbs?” 

“Geez, I thought I am the mom in this relationship.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

“Friendship.” I correct him.

“Calm down, woman. You really didn’t need to break my heart like that.” He scorns.

“I was just—“ I halt myself, because I didn’t know what to say.

“I was just what?” Baekhyun asks me teasingly. “And as much as I love you in my arms, when are you going to stand up? It’s not that I mind but I think we are attracting too much attention and I thought you didn’t like the attention on you?” Baekhyun chuckles.

Baekhyun is right, people are already starting to stare at us, while some people are nice enough to ignore us, some are just outright staring at us and laughing at us.

I blush, feeling really embarrassed of myself.

“Baek…” I call out his name quietly. “I don’t know how to stand up.” And admit this embarrassingly, and Baekhyun laughs—not just in a normal way but he laughs so loudly that it echos in the ice rink. And I just wish I could burrow myself under the layer of ice beneath us.

 

 

 

“This cake looks really delicious.” I say happily.  

“Yep, it’s very obvious. Your eyes are sparkling just by looking at it. Why can’t you look at me in the same way as you look at the cake?” Baekhyun shakes his head. “I can’t believe a cake is better than me.”

“Shut up. I will choose a cake before any guys, even before Jung Woo Sung, even before So Ji Sub, even before Nam Joo Hyuk. Get it?” I take the fork and put a piece of cake inside my mouth. It is heavenly. 

“Oh my god, I need to tell Sehun about this cafe.  They really got killer cakes here.” I mention Sehun’s name without much thought, and without realising the obvious frown on Baekhyun’s face.

“Why are you mentioning Sehun’s name in the middle of our date?” Baekhyun heaves a sigh. “You are just trying to get me all work up, aren’t you?” 

“I—It was an honest mistake.” I admit it to him shyly. “You need to loosen up.” I point my fork at him.

“I’m just jealous that the girl I like is thinking about some other guys when I am right in front of her.” Baekhyun says, and he take a big chunk of cake to eat. 

I stare at him in horror, when I realise that not even a quarter of the slice of cake is left.

“Hmmm. You are right, this cake really does taste better than Sehun’s tangerine cake.” Baekhyun seems to be happy about this fact. He always turns happy whenever Sehun is not being complimented. 

“We should take a picture and post it on my Instagram to let my stalker knows about our relationship. She has been awfully quiet these few days.” Baekhyun says.

I am not a big fan of social media, I mean—I have my own Instagram account to follow what my favourite stars are doing, but I have a very small followers unlike Baekhyun.

Baekhyun literally has everyone in school following his Instagram account. He is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter