15% : The War

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wearing a white tee, and blue jeans, I stand behind the counter nervously. This is my first day of work, and obviously I am absolutely scared. Sehun has taught me some basic skills; from how to take customers’ orders, how to handle the money and even how to deal with rude customers. He told me that this will be what I would need to do for these few days, and he will see how my progress goes. If he is satisfied with it, he will hire me permanently and I will be actually taught by him how to brew some delicious coffee and bake some cakes. I am excited for that.

Despite his cold exterior, Sehun is actually a nice guy, he is somewhat sarcastic, with a little tinge of narcissism. He kind of reminds me of Baekhyun, but of course, he’s still way more mature than Baekhyun. The latter is actually a kid at heart.

I drum on the table, anxiously waiting for the first customer— that I will serve—to arrive. The jittery feeling in my stomach makes me feel like my head is spinning, and I am kind of seeing different universes in one sitting.

And so, my time comes. The bell jiggles. I look up anxiously, and you can tell how disappointed I was to see Baekhyun standing there. Screw me, he’s really here to make my life a living hell or he’s actually here to check out how Sehun really looks. 

He smirks a little as he notices my stare on him. And he passes a quick glance at Sehun who is washing cups in the sink. His face falls when he realises Sehun’s pretty handsome even for his high standard. 

“Hello sweetheart, I will have an iced americano.” He smiles at me and hands me the exact change.

I look at him weirdly, wondering why he is acting like he doesn’t know me. I tell Sehun the order, and that tall lanky guy immediately gets to making the drink for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun is attracting a lot of attention from female customers who were initially eyeing Sehun. All of them seem to be really happy about having two cute boys to feast their eyes on.

I hand over the cold drink to Baekhyun, who accepts it, and he doesn’t just leave like a normal person. Of course not because Byun Baekhyun is not a normal person, I believe that my best friend may have a loose screw in his head.

Instead, he takes a piece of tissue paper, takes out his pen from his pant’s pocket (which I believe, he only brought the pen for this sole purpose) and he writes down his number (the only number that I remember by my heart). He hands over the piece of tissue to me, freaking winks at me, and says in a husky voice, “You’re kind of cute. Call me.” 

I almost puke and my fist is so itching to actually punch him right in the face. What the heck is wrong with him? 

Girls look really sour that Baekhyun was using a pick-up line on me instead of them, and I only wish I could tell them how cunning that man really is, and he is actually my best friend and the fact is he is having too much fun teasing me about this.

Does he really need to pull this kind of prank on his own best friend?

“Hey, are you ok? Do you need me to kick him out? If you feel uncomfortable, I can always ask that guy to leave the cafe.” Sehun appears behind me, and he glares right at Baekhyun, who is sitting at a table that is quite close to the counter. I am pretty sure my best friend can hear what my boss is saying about him.

“Oh no, it’s ok. I actually know that guy. He just likes to tease me.” I shake my head. 

“Ok, if he makes you uncomfortable, just tell me.” Sehun eases up a bit, and he quickly adds in, “I don’t like customers who make my employees uncomfortable.” 

After that, Sehun goes back on placing icing on the freshly baked cakes.

I turn around to glare at Baekhyun, but realise that he is too busy glowering at Sehun’s back. It seems that my best friend has heard everything of what Sehun said to me just as what I had suspected. 

He picks up the cup, and stomps out from the cafe quite angrily. I do not quite understand why Baekhyun is so pissed off when he’s the one who obviously did something wrong. I stare at the retreating back of my best friend in worry. Why is he so pissed off?

I can handle annoying Baekhyun, cringe-filled Baekhyun, sad Baekhyun but never an angry Baekhyun.

 

 

My shift finally ends when Mrs. Oh comes into the cafe. She looks very similar to Sehun, except that she is warm and bubbly (just like Mrs. Byun), meanwhile her son looks oddly similar to grumpy cat.

I bow at the woman, take my bag from the cabinet, and prepare to leave when Sehun calls out my name.

“Woojin, take this cake.” He says, while holding out a box. I look at him weirdly. Even Mrs. Oh looks really surprised at her son’s actions.

“I tried to bake using a new formula, so I want you to try it and give me a feedback. An honest feedback,” Sehun says shyly, rubbing his nape. 

I accept the box gleefully since I have a sweet tooth, and I couldn’t really say no to sweet things.

“What flavour is this cake?” I ask him.

“Tangerine,” He answers back. 

“Cool.” I nod my head, “Thank you for the cake, I will eat it well!” I bow at Mrs. Oh once more, and leave the cafe, almost forgetting the fact that my best friend is angry.

I only remember about it when I take out my phone from my bag, and the electronic device is actually flooded with messages from Baekhyun. He is super furious actually.

From: BBH

What the hell? That is so arrogant.

From: BBH

Who does he think he is? Your boyfriend? Freaking trying to act cool in front of all the people. I hate guys like him.

From: BBH

I hate you. How am I just someone who teases you? I am your freaking bff.

From: BBH

BFF means best friends forever if you have forgotten about what it means.

From: BBH

 You know what? I will come by to your part-time job more often just to piss off that guy. And why does he have to be so freaking tall? Did he like drink all the milk available on earth when he was young? Freaking giant.

From: BBH

And I hate giants.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter