50%: The Heart

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recently, there have been few incidences that have been irking me. First, I recevied some post-its on my locker telling me to back off and break up with Baekhyun. These post-its were a tad annoying but I could just easily crumble them and throw them into the rubbish bin. And that's it. 

Then my things started to disappear. Usually when I go to the library, and I have to go to the toilet, I was fine with leaving my things there and go for a short break. However, now I couldn't even study in library anymore without fearing that my things would disappear because someone stole my textbooks, my pencil case and even my lecture notes. I was very pissed off that day, and to my dismay, my school librarian didn't do much to help me, instead I got blamed for being irresponsible.

I haven't tell Baekhyun about these incidences because I didn't want to worry him unnecessarily. 

However, today ticked me the fu*k off.

As soon as I opened my locker, piles of rubbish fell out and that horrible stench of rotten food greeted my nose.

I swear that I was so damn close to screaming into people's faces when this happened. It will take me three good hours of thoroughly cleaning up my locker, if I actually could stand the smell, and also my expensive college textbooks are now ruined all thanks to those annoying little pricks.

I slam the locker door shut, and storm off to somewhere so that I could scream to vent out my frustration without getting those judgemental stares.

I couldn't bare to tell Baekhyun about this, I didn't want to worry him. And I have already expected this to happen someday, when I accepted Baekhyun's offer to act as his fake girlfriend.

I just need to find the stalker as soon as possible and my fake relationship with Baekhyun will end and I will be free from all of this!

However, I halt in my steps when I remember something.

Baekhyun. He likes me.

Do I really want to break his heart?

What about my feelings? Would I be able to reciprocrate my feelings for Baekhyun? 

I heave a sigh, forget about screaming. Right now, I feel like crying out of frustration. And I know staying in school for lectures would only result in me wasting my time, so I decide to be a rebellious student by skipping lectures.

 

 

 

I heave a sigh, as I look at the store in front of me. I have no idea why on earth I came here even though there are many places that I could have gone to. My consciousness just have to bring me to here.

I stare up at the cafe's sign, and maybe, sweet things on my taste buds might be able to make me feel less angry.

I enter the store, and Sehun is there, tending to the customers. He looks up, and his eyes widen in surprise. He is genuinely surprised to see me visiting the cafe without giving him any notice.

"Hello," I greet him awkwardly, and sit in a table that is the nearest to the kitchen counter.

"Hi, what're you doing here?" Sehun flashes me a smile, while icing a freshly baked cake.

"A lot of things were on my mind, so I decided to skip school and here I am." I smile rigidly. 

"Did you have a fight with Baekhyun again?" Sehun asks.

"Nope. My locker was trashed by some Baekhyun's fans." I frown.

"Why would they do such a childish thing?" Sehun copies my facial expression.

"That's exactly what I am thinking of too. Why would they even want to waste their energy and time to make someone's life miserable, I just don't get it." I shrug my shoulders.

"So do you want a strawberry shortcake with lots of strawberries?" Sehun smiles at me.

"Yes, please. I need something sweet." I nod my head at him.

"Have you told Baekhyun about this incidence?" Sehun bends down, and cut a slice of the cake and put it on the plate gingerly before he hands me over the plate.

"Nope, he will just be a drama queen." I shake my head.

Sehun humms, and says, "You should tell him, Woojin. Right now, it might be a small incidence but what if the bullying gets worse? And Baekhyun will be angry with you for not telling him about his fan girls bullying you earlier."

"I guess...you are right if you think of it that way." I mutter to myself, before digging into the cake. "Wow, this cake is really nice!" I compliment Sehun.

"Of course, since I bake it, it is bound to taste nice." Sehun chuckles, while wearing a smug look on his face.

"Oh wow, I can't even argue with that." I giggle.

"Jokes aside, I was planning on going to this amazing cafe that I found. Do you want to follow me?" Sehun asks shyly, his cheeks turning red from embarrassment.

"Well, I did make a promise to you and I've got a lot of time to kill, so why not?" I smile at him and pick up my bag that I put it beside my chair.

"Ok, let me just inform my mom." Sehun looks really excited, kind of like how a child would look when they receive a candy.

Baekhyun didn't have to know about this, actually, he shouldn't know about this. God knows how he will react when he finds out that I am going to somewhere with Sehun.

Sehun soon comes out from the back of the kitchen, with Mrs. Oh following him.

"Hello, dear." Mrs. Oh smiles affectionately. "Sehun has been telling me that he has been wanting to go to cafe-hopping with you, and finally he gets what he wishes for." She giggles. "Hope you guys enjoy your little date!"

Sehun blushes, and I turn into a stone as I stand there rigidly, not knowing how to respond.

"Mom, we are not going on a date, so stop making things awkward for us!" Sehun pouts while shaking his head.

"Is that why you took one and a half hour in the bathroom?" Mrs. Oh's eyebrows arch upwards.

"Mom!" Sehun raises his voice out of embarrassment. Well, I was embarrassed too. 

"Ok, I will stop talking if not both of you will really start to look like tomatoes." Mrs. Oh giggles, pushing both out of the cafe. "Enjoy yourselves!" She tells us one last time before shutting the cafe's door in front of our faces.

We stare at each other, not knowing what to say to each other in that situation. Silence was slowly consuming us, as we shift around each other nervously. And that's when I deicde to be the first one to break the ice.

"You know you and Baekhyun have really nice and loving mothers." I smile, while the image of my cold-hearted mother came into my mind. I have never seen the woman smiles at anything, not even when I gave her a cake that I baked when I was fifteen years old as her mother's day gift. And I cried because she didn't touch my cake at all, and that was also the day when I finally decided that I would stop trying to get closer to my mother.

And that was when I started to treat her as my roommate, a stranger just staying together with me, and occasionally sharing the dinner table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter