80%: Labels?

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sit on my bed, and my legs are shaking really badly as I think to myself. If we kiss, does it automatically mean that I am dating my best friend? Am I supposed to say something? Was I supposed to ask him out?

But I kissed him! It should be pretty obvious that it meant that I like him. Right?

I bite on my lips and frown. Why am I getting nervous over this? I should just pretend that nothing has happened and wait for Baekhyun to start the conversation.

Would he even mention about this? What if the kiss meant nothing to him? Well, it couldn't be. He kissed me back. And it was honestly a good kiss, and I smile after remembering about that magical night.

Wait. That was not the point. Focus. Right. Focus.

Am I supposed to say, hey, you are now mine! No. No way, that sounded too cheesy when I said it out loud. How come the lines worked in dramas?

"Woojin, Baekhyun is here to meet you!"

I pause. And I in a deep breath. Why is this so nerve-wrecking? Why am I getting nervous? Is this normal? Or am I just turning insane?

I carefully stand up from my bed and go straight to the living room to find Baekhyun conversing with my mom like any other usual day.

"Hey, what's up?" I carefully greet Baekhyun as I take a seat next to him.

“Oh, hey." Baekhyun looks up at me, and grins. "You really look horrible when you have just woke up.”

I look at him weirdly. Am I even sure that he likes me? I thought guys are supposed to compliment the girls that they like? 

“Well, do you think that you look nice right now?” I hiss at him as I take a seat next to him. “Mom, why are you feeding the guy that just called your daughter ugly?” 

My mom laughs, and just shakes her head. 

“Well, technically, I didn’t call you ugly. I just said you look horrible when you have just woke up. Horrible doesn’t equate ugly, Woojinnie.” Baekhyun grins mischievously.

“Yea, right, whatever.” I sigh, as I eat the breakfast prepared by my mom. But deep in my mind, I couldn’t help but to ask myself: What exactly am I to Byun Baekhyun? What exactly are we?

 

The trip to the school is the usual with our never ending bicker, and the thing is…it’s too usual. I thought something must have changed after we kissed but apparently not. It was as if the kiss has never happened. So now was I supposed to forget about that kiss too? But how am I supposed to forget the most memorable kiss with my best friend? That is too impossible.

Someone pokes me on my nose, and when I look at the culprit, he is just smiling at me. “So what is brewing inside your head?” 

“Ways to murder you.” I glare at him.

“What? I hadn’t done anything to you!” Baekhyun gasps in surprise, “Or wait, did I?” 

“I don’t know. Try to recall every single thing that you did wrong.” I tell him, pretty pissed off by now.

“Oh, ok…that’s scary.” Baekhyun squirms. “Oh hey, isn’t that Sodam? I am going to say hi to her. At least she isn’t that scary.” Baekhyun mumbles the last part but I heard it clearly.

“Right, why don’t you go and kiss her too? And maybe tell her that you like her?” I smile at him rigidly and storm off to my class. Right now, if I ever catch a glimpse of Byun Baekhyun right now, I might murder him straight on the spot.

The whole day I manage to spend my time avoiding Baekhyun. I want to gather my thoughts as well as  to plan my confrontation to him. We can’t—no I can’t just ignore what just happened for the past few days and act as nothing has happened. That .

Surprisingly or not surprisingly, I spot a Park Sodam waiting for me at the outside of my class.

I smile at her and walk away from her but she calls out my name.

“Hey, I was waiting for you,” Park Sodam says. 

“Why—Is there anything you need?” I try my best to be polite but I was certain I am definitely coming out as rude.

“I need to talk to you about Baekhyun, that’s all.” Sodam said, and she looked worried. 

“What about Baekhyun?” I try to act nonchalantly as I ask her.

“About his stalker. I think I might know who it is.” Sodam said solemnly. 

I heave a sigh, “Then let’s go to a cafe nearby to talk about it.” We went to a cafe that was  in our campus.

We sat down at a table awkwardly, I didn’t know how to start the conversation. 

“As I had said, I know who’s the stalker.” Sodam breaks the ice between us.

I nodded my head. “Right but shouldn’t you inform Baekhyun about this rather than reporting it to me?” I asked curiously.

“I did.” Sodam says. “But the problem is Baekhyun wanted to approach the stalker all by himself, and we don’t know how dangerous that stalker could be so I was worried and I tried to stop him but he didn’t listen to me. And I was hoping that he would listen to your words instead.” 

“He knows about the stalker.” I repeat myself. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter