40%: The chance

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is ignoring me. When I went to his house to go school together, Mrs. Byun opened the door for me with a surprised look on her face. She had thought that Baekhyun told me about his early practice for his band.

I chuckled nervously, and had lied to her saying that I must have forgotten about it because I didn’t want her to be worried about both of us.

The fact that I knew this was going to happen left a bitter feeling inside me. This was precisely why I knew that we shouldn’t ever be involved romantically.

I know I’m a selfish person, and I won’t deny that. 

I couldn’t really pay attention to the lectures or the seminars. I am just distracted, and worried. How should I exactly fix my friendship with Baekhyun? How could I make him come back to me? How could I make things go back to the way it was before?How could I get rid of Baekhyun’s feelings for me?

I go out of the classroom, and is finally it is time for me to go home and rest for the day. I have decided to give Baekhyun some days to sort out his feelings before confronting about us before we drift apart anymore further than this. The invisible gap between us is growing, and it scare me. I can’t lose Baekhyun from my life.

Maybe, it was for better that I didn’t get to see Baekhyun today. Maybe, if I saw how battered he was over last night, I would have been so guilty…and I wouldn’t know how to comfort it. 

“I am such a horrible best friend.” I mutter under my breath, finding myself to be really a hateful person.

You know I used to laugh at how directors of cheesy rom-com movies always set up one scene in the movie, where both characters will miraculously meet each other even though the school compound is very big and the probability of meeting each other was super low?

Yea. Used to laugh because this ridiculous scene is playing right in front of my eyes.

 Baekhyun is walking towards my direction, busy talking to Mina that he hasn’t noticed me.

And I just stand there, in the middle of the pathway, my eyes only focusing on my best friend. 

What should I say to him? Hello? Sup? I missed you?

Although I haven’t talked to Baekhyun for just one night, but I was missing him so badly. And right now, when he is in front of my eyes, I could actually feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I just want to hug him and tell him that I miss him.

Baekhyun notices me, and his body turns visibly stiff. 

I hold up my hand, wanting to say at least a greeting to Baekhyun. But I couldn’t even do that because Baekhyun walks off, treating me like an invisible thing.

Arrows pierce inside my heart. Is this supposed to be this painful? I in a breath of air that cause me to be even more breathless and suffocated.

He was hurt by me, he has all the rights to ignore me. I should give him time to recover. I look back to stare at his cold back, I just hope that I could have him back as soon as possible. My tiny world feels so empty without Baekhyun. 

 

 

 

Sehun notices that my mood was really bad as soon as I came into the cafe. I decided to hang around Sehun’s cafe since I got really nothing to do at home. I used to hang out with Baekhyun to watch movies, but without him, I was really alone. 

I was practically a loner without Baekhyun, while he had a lot of people to hang out with and I realised that Baekhyun doesn’t really need me, but it was me who need him more.

I gaze at the space, feeling really dampened about Baekhyun treating me like air when Sehun places a cup of coffee drink in front of me.

“You know when I’m upset about something, I love to drink something really sweet.” Sehun smiles at me. “And you look like you need something sweet, so I made something for you.”

“Was I that obvious?” I laugh awkwardly, and sip the drink. It is really sweet, and somehow, Sehun is right. I find myself smiling after drinking the drink.

“You look like someone just took away your favourite item.” Sehun shrugs his shoulders. “And let me guess, did you have a fight with Baekhyun?” 

My eyes widen. “What? How did you guess that!” I gasp in surprise.

“He is always here whenever you are here, and today he’s not here. So…something might have happened between both of you for that overly protective guy to be not here.” 

“You should become a detective.” I laugh, approving of Sehun’s deductive skills. 

“It’s all elementary, Waston.” Sehun smirks. And I couldn’t help but to chuckle as he struggles to pronounce Waston.

“Ok, although I embarrassed myself, it’s good to see you smiling again.” Sehun gives me a sincere smile.

“Baekhyun will be back to you soon, don’t worry.” Sehun assures me, as he wipes the table.

“This time I feel like I screwed up too much, Sehun. I really…hurt him a lot.” I say, as remembering the face that Baekhyun made when I rejected h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter