The Great Bunny Lord

Kollege Soul Affair

“...and that is why you are the single worst best friend to ever friend in this friendly world. Thanks for coming to my TED talk entitled: My best friend and I can prove it”. Jungkook's 15 minutes rant is over with that statement and Hoseok’s ears are buzzing, he in a breathe and decided to play dirty.

“I know...you know...that I’ve made these mistakes maybe once or twice” he started out slowly, taking care to pronounce every single word like he was serenading his friend and was interrupted by Jungkook’s whining “Damn right! You’re always lat...”. “Let me finish you brat! As I was saying: by once or twice...I mean...give or take, maybe a couple hundred times”. Hoseok was struggling to keep a straight face and so he winked at Jungkook (who had crossed his arms in his chest and was making a point to not look his best friend in the face) before he said: “Come on Kookie! You know how this goes! You have to recite the lyrics Shakespeare style with me!”

“Come on! Come on! Come on!” Hoseok began tickling the sides of Jungkook just how he knew the younger wouldn’t be able to defend himself. “Jungkookie! Oh Jungkookie! Great bunny lord, let me redeem! Oh redeem my poor self tonight! If you would just kindly give me one more shot at second chances, how happy would I be!”

While doing this part of the declamation of the song, Hoseok moved his arms in a frantic way, placing one of them palm facing outwards on his forehead as he turned his face and body slightly to the right, as helpless danzels of old movies did while sliding down to his knees. “Oh my god! Get up! ... It’s not too late to say sorry...at least now you know, oh undeserving best friend, that I give thee my forgiveness, even if you’ve let me down”. Hoseok finally got back on his feet cleaning his jeans and not a second later they were already laughing and hugging each other like they meant to squeeze the lungs out of the other’s body.

They had this old habit of randomly start speaking the lyrics of any given song, only making it 100 times more dramatic and fun. They like to say it was what made them become friends in the first place. It all started when they were younger and went to a water park with their school on an especially hot summer day. They were only acquaintances back then, since Hoseok was a year older, but their school wasn’t really big and they lived quite close to each other as well, so they took the same bus every day.

Jungkook didn’t know how to swim back then, so he was just floating around on a buoy and somehow he had let his favorite necklace fall to the deep bottom of the pool without even realizing it. He was sad the rest of the afternoon thinking he’d lost it forever.

Before they parted ways, Hoseok came up to him and said “Before you go, there's something I want you to have” while holding the necklace tightly on his hands. “Now, which hand do you choose?”

Jungkook, always the lucky brat, had chosen the right hand and gasped “Wait a minute…! Isn't this...?! I thought I dropped it into the pool!" he said when he saw his necklace in the palm of his friend’s hand. "Well baby, I went down and got it for you" was Hoseok’s answers. “...Wow! ...You shouldn’t have! … Wait! Did you just quote Miss Spears to me?”. “I was wondering how much longer would it take for you to notice” was Hoseok’s cheeky reply.

Ever since then, they’ve been best friends and the number one rule in their friendship was: you always have to go along with your bro if he is singsonging a dramatic version of pop songs.

--------------

After Hoseok had given him one of his Ragusa filled croissant and Jungkook had stolen the caramel macchiato the other was planning on drinking, he finally asked “Okay...so now are you gonna explain why you were late this time?”

“You ain't gonna believe how gorgeous our upstairs neighbor is!” Hoseok beamed, Jungkook scoffed...of course Hobi would be late because of a guy - or a girl for that matter. “Don't give me that judgmental look! I had about enough of that while making my walk of gloriousness back home this morning”

“Wait... I thought you were with the upstairs neighbor. Why would have to walk in shame if they live in the same apartment building as us?” Jungkook was confused (then again, when was he not).

Hoseok proceed to tell him all about the dance competition and how he almost hooked up with Hwasa (“Seriously Hobi, again? Why not date her?”...Jungkook would never be able to live in a world without commitment), but ended up sleeping with Jongin (again).

“And then I graciously happened to share the elevator with our white hair wonder of a neighbor! His monolids are something else! And that hair color goes so well with his skin tone! And he just smells like sin!”. Hoseok was probably exaggerating again - he had dreamy eyes while talking, bad sign. Jungkook rolls his eyes and suddenly says “Hold on! ‘he smells like sin’...?! How would you know that if you just graciously happen to meet him?”.

Their banter lasted all the way back to their new home and they were almost kicked out of the subway for singing “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton as high as they could. Rude and uncultured people! How can one not sing along to ‘making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass and I'm home bound?!’ Hobi and Kookie would never understand it.

--------------

The building itself wasn't ultramodern. Quite classic actually. It was six stories tall, white and blue walls, two huge trees in the front that would provide shelter from the sunlight during summer, a small patch of grass and a couple of benches scattered around it.

The first floor was just the entrance with a front desk and a doorman. And what a gorgeous doorman that was. To be perfectly honest Jungkook got a little intimidated by him at first glance. The guy was probably around Hoseok's age and taller than both him and Jungkook. Long legs, slender body and broad shoulders. All features Jungkook usually looks for in a man, but that guy's facial expression made him feel extremely scared. He looked bored and his eyes scanned over Jungkook like he was measuring him up and down and when he turned his eyes away, Kook was left feeling like he had disappointed the other.

“Hi there Hobi”, the voice that came out of his mouth was cheerful...what a contrast from his stern face. “Is this the guy you'll be sharing the apartment with?” His smile was adorable and he extended his hand towards Jungkook. “The name is Oh Sehun by the way. I go to the same university as you two and I'm part of the same dance group as Hobi”

Jungkook shook his hand and with a small voice said “Jeon Jungkook” and downcasted his eyes.

“Hi Sehunie! Yes, this is him! The golden boy  I was telling you about” Hoseok's face was all teeth as he animatedly greeted and fell into everyday life conversation with the other. Jungkook has always been a little envious of Hobi's ability to be friendly and make fast friends with any creature that might breathe (he might even end a zombie attack by befriending the monsters, if anybody can, that’s Jeong Hoseok). Jungkook himself was always a little awkward around people for the first time and there were normally two outcomes: either his eyes would bulge out of his skull with him losing the ability to form comprehendible words or he would say something completely idiotic.

Sometimes it's so hard being Jungkook. At least this time around he just died a little in his embarrassment. Gotta count your blessings kid.

The elevator ride was  ordinary. Jungkook had been kind of expecting a white haired individual to jump out of thin air, but that did not happen, sadly so (real life 1 vs magic 0). The apartment's white door had a “3A” engraved on metal on top of the peephole and it opened to their tiny living room. There was this old looking black couch that could fit four people at once, a big tv in front of it and a small table to the side, where both him and Hoseok could have their meals together. The kitchen was integrated with the living room, a little cramped but there was all two barely adult men could wish for: a stove, an oven, a microwave and a fridge. Meaning coffee, pizza, lasagnas and ice creams were food items they could easily have.

“Isn't this the most amazing place you could have ever imagined to live with your bestest pal?!”, Hoseok jokingly exaggerated, gesturing with his whole body as he spinned in place with open arms. Jungkook could see the nervous glint in his eyes like suddenly Hobi was feeling insecure. An absurd idea if you've ever seen him.

“It's amazing Hobi!” for once in his life Jungkook decided not to be a little . “Which is my room?”. He truly was excited. Sure the apartment was small, and of course his parents house was much more comfortable and let's not forget it was for free, but this tiny apartment was glowing in Jungkook's eyes with the sparkle of freedom and adulthood.

Down the small hallway there were 3 doors. Two right in front of one another and the third by the end of it, which turned out to be the bathroom. Hoseok's room was the one to the right while Jungkook's was the one to the left. “Ready for the big reveal?” said Hoseok turning the doorknob to open Kook's room.

The first thing Jungkook noticed was the window, which provided tons of natural light to pour into the room. “I took the liberty of placing your drawing desk by the window, young master”, Hoseok's fake English accent was terribly hilarious. “I hope the placement and the chambers will suit the young Master's academic and kinkiness desires”. He bowed.

That earned Hoseok a headlock from Jungkook and they were fake fighting for a while until Hobi slapped the ground repetitive times to signal he'd accepted defeat. Like he could ever win... Jungkook was younger but he'd worked those muscles out hun*smacks tongue*ty!

“This truly is amazing, hyung” Jungkook said as they both laid on the bed catching their breaths and staring at the ceiling. “I'm really glad that I can share this moment in life with you, Hobi”

“Oh Kookie!” Hoseok fake sobbed and whipped an invisible tear from his cheeks. “I can't deal with you being anything else other than the annoying brat that you truly are! I get too emotional”

“I'm a brat just like you helped raising me to be. Now gimme food, hyung!” was Jungkook's immediate response.

“You're lucky I'm soft as Downy for you” Hoseok muttered under his breath, but got up nonetheless. “Unpack your stuff and change clothes while I order pizza”

--------------

They ate the pizza while sitting on the ground. They talked about their past and their future. They sang old songs off-key (on purpose), but they were laughing too hard by the time they performed (dance moves and man buns included) “Before The Dawn” by Infinite while wearing bath towels as fake emo hair, so they kind of had to stop - not fun being kick out on their first night in the apartment. But God, were the 2010’s a great age to be an edgy darklord emo teenager or what?!

It was night already and they were half-way through watching The Lion King (whichever Disney movie marathon they might have, it always has to start with that one. Aside from being the classical Disney movie, they had long decided which of the movie characters they were, with Jungkook being the impatient baby lion cub version of Simba who wants nothing more than to grow up and prove how good he is and Hoseok being the crazy, big hearted guide to life that is Rafiki) when Hoseok let out a loud gasp “I forgot the toilet paper!!”

“One does not simply forget the toilet paper, hyung!” Jungkook was pulling his best Sean Bean impersonation. “Just how useless are you?”

The pillow knocked him on the head before he could dodge it. “Well, I was gonna get those. But since you like being such a little , you go buy them at the convenience store down the road”.

“Why are you so mean to me, hyung?!” Jungkook tried to whine his way out of that, but the thing about Hoseok is that he’s all love and bright smiles, but he’s also the most stubborn, vindictive, shady little you’ll ever meet if you get on his bad side

“I don’t know why you’re complaining, Kookie...I’m not half as bad as Minseok hyung. He is the actual Lord Satan if you ever manage to piss him off...which to be fair is quite hard”. Hoseok all but shrugged his shoulders.

“You say he taught you all you know about being mean and you call him Satan, you do know what that makes you, right, Hobi?” Jungkook paused for dramatic effect “It makes you the spawn of Satan!!!”...and he was hit by another pillow, only harder this time.

--------------

Reaching the convenience store, buying the stuff he needed and heading back home wouldn’t take Jungkook more than 15 minutes, so he didn’t mind that he was wearing his comfortable (meaning incredibly old and torn in some places) pair of grey sweatpants, one leg being rolled up to his knee, converse sneakers that had once been black and that he didn't even bother putting on properly and was wearing them as if they were sandals, a pink shirt - product of his learning the hard way not to mix colorful items with the white ones, and his varsity jacket from when he was part of the rugby team in his high school. Summing up: he looked like a beggar.

He already had the double sheet toilet paper that he liked using back at his parent's (was this always this expensive?!). He was softly singing along to Miley Cyrus playing on his phone until the best part of the lyrics came on “And a Britney song was on! And a Britney song was on! And a Britney song was on!” he was full on signing now “So I put my hands up…” he sang as he threw his hands up in a kind of abandonment that only stupidly happy shameless people would do in public, but instead of hitting air. He hit something more solid behind him.

Jungkook turned around so fast he got some whiplash and dropped the fancy toilet paper. Nothing much, the poor victim of his carefree attitude had his glasses on the ground, alongside with his groceries (strawberries, gummy bears and a bottle of vodka) and a keychain. Jungkook reached out for the guy’s glasses and his keys, which seemed to be the most important items to grab, that was when he noticed a “4A” engraved in the keychain. He tore his eyes away from it and up to the person on the ground next to him.

A gray loose fitted t-shirt with a canoe neckline that only made the simple choker he had on stand out more. Black broad-brimmed witchy hat on top of a head of fluffy looking white hair that contrasted beautifully with tan skin. An exotic look with monolided eyes that felt like they could kindly pierce your soul and read all that was in there. Thick, juicy lips with soft cheeks and jawline. This stranger was also wearing a pair of fitted short shorts. Long thick thighs. “Wow! Thighs!”

Oh my ! Jungkook realized two things at the same time: White hair. Monolids. 4A. That was the sinfully smelling upstairs neighbor. Also Jungkook had just complimented the guy’s thighs. Out. Loud.

“Well, that's not a reaction I can say I've gotten before” hot stranger said with a solid chocolate candle smoke voice - it was just that addictive.

4A proceeded to smile, a soft smile while he picked himself up and… HE. HAD. DIMPLES! How much worse could this get?! Jungkook flushed red and wished to die when he heard a “Cute” being whispered by the other under his breath.

Rather than using one of his remaining 4 brain cells, Jungkook shoved the other guy’s future belongings in his hands and then proceed to get up. He was sprinting out of the convenience store as fast as his feet would carry him. So much for feeling like an adult on his first time buying toilet paper.

--------------

Jungkook only noticed he still had the toilet paper tightly close to the chest when he got home. Great. Now they will put signs up about the freshman who stole toilet paper. He ain’t that desperate....yet. That was just a perfect little regret cherry on top of his ice cream sunday of shame. Why couldn’t he just drown in his stupidity?! It would be a more honorable death.

At least now he knew Hobi wasn't exaggerating when he said their upstairs neighbor was gorgeous.

Somebody please put him out of his misery.