How to be a Hearthbreaker

Kollege Soul Affair

đŸ„đŸŻđŸ„đŸŻđŸ„đŸŻđŸ„

[Tuesday]

"Three turns should do it, I think.” Jimin said to himself, audibly enough that it would be heard anywhere in the apartment, while burrowing his brows, intently looking down at his watch and turning the crown in a anticlockwise motion “If I succeed, more than one innocent life may be severed tonight."

“Well, first, Sailor Pluto-” Taehyung yawned from his place in the kitchen “-you ain’t got no time turner. Second, why would you want to Severus (wink wink) my life like that?”

“I thought we had agreed that I was Sailor Uranus and you were Sailor Neptune, Taetae” Jimin reminded his friend whilst he hastily gathered his belongings scattered around the living room (where was his backpack?). “You think you’re so funny with your puns, don’t you?”

“You’re laughing, aren’t you?” Taehyung asked, pointing the spatula at Jimin’s face, which could not contain the smile and little huffs of air leaving his body.

“Pseudobulbar affect is a neurological condition involving involuntary, sudden and frequent episodes of laughing. Not my choice” Jimin shrugged, picking a banana from the fruit bowl and throwing it inside his recently found backpack (it was behind the sofa). That would have to do it for his mid-morning snacking as he had no time to put together something more elaborate.

“Oh, so you mean you’re the Joker now?” Taehyung didn’t sound surprised while handing the coffee pot to Jimin so that the other could fill his to-go cup “Why does my Puddin’ want to kill me in my new cooking gloves?” Taehyung rested his elbows on the kitchen counter and his face on his hands in a desperate attempt to use his chaotic aegyo powers to save his life. It wouldn’t work (it did work).

“They’ve got Hello Kitty on them for one” Jimin pretended to be appalled by it, even though he was the one who got that pair for Taehyung (where were his keys?).

“Exactly! They are fashionable.” Taehyung said while taking them off and carefully placing them on the kitchen counter, picking Jimin’s keys from the top of the fridge and throwing it to his friend before continuing “Shhh my babies, your other dad didn’t mean to be a bully”

“Yah! Stop changing the subject, Kim Taehyung.” They both knew they were arguing for s and giggles (which were plentiful), for they loved to pretend to be an old married couple. Thus, Jimin only rolled his eyes at Taehyung looking personally attacked after he used his full name “You know exactly why I need to kill you! You messed all my clocks up and now I gotta run to catch the bus!”

Having already gathered all he would need, with all his belongings inside his backpack, his to-go coffee cup filled and in hand, Jimin didn’t necessarily have to kick up a fuss. But still, complaining was essential in their role playing.

“The Jibooty was in dire need of some jiggly running exercise” Taehyung nodded, throwing Jimin an apple.

“Excuse you! Who said you could name my ?!” Jimin was properly (fake) affronted now as he bit down the green apple that would serve as his breakfast.

“Soulmate rights” Taehyung shrugged and mischievously smiled, knowing perfectly well that he would get away with whatever based on his boyish cuteness.

“You are impossible” Jimin sighed.

“Was just trying to help you be more spontaneous again” the other all but whispered.

“I’ll have you known-” crunching sounds of Jimin biting down the apple while he put on his shoes flooded their space “-more than one of my dates have accused me of being overtly spontaneous at times”

“They don’t really know you though, do they? They never stick around past the 3rd date mark...” Taehyung let his voice trail off.

“Thank you for the shaming along with my coffee so bright and early in the morning” Jimin answered, raising his cup in a fake cheer, before lowering it on their table and turning away from it, moving towards the door. He was no longer hungry.

“That’s not what I meant- Minnie, please” Taehyung begged, grabbing the cup and going towards Jimin to make him take it before the other could go out. “I just don’t think your serial dating is gonna compensate for-”

“Yeah, yeah.” Jimin accepted the coffee back in a let’s-not-let-this-become-a-real-fight gesture. He also didn’t like hearing the concerned tone in Taehyung’s voice, he sounded the best when he was being his random happy self. Besides, Jimin knew the other was trying to breach a subject that need not be touched, since it didn’t matter at all and was 100% resolved within the dancer’s mind. “Well, take your judgment over my ty away of living and transform it into money on my bank account so that I can go on more dates”

“As if you paid for the dates
” Taehyung scoffed, returning to whatever experiment he had boiling in the pan in the kitchen.

“Not my fault my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard” Jimin’s sassy comeback was accompanied by him popping the Jibooty in Taehyung’s line of vision followed by him dropping on the spot. Jimin was petty, sue him. “And that they are always jumping at the opportunity to pay to spend time with me”

“I love spending time with you
” Taehyung mumbled.

“But you ain't gotta pay for dates for that” Jimin said when he went to give his soulmate a reassuring back hug. The smell coming from the pan was good, maybe Tae was back at making scented candles.

“But- I'd like to take you on dates
”

“Deal! We'll have a date on Sunday, alright Taetae?” Jimin left those words and the sound of a smacking kiss on Taehyung’s left shoulder blade in the air.

“Yeah, Chim!” Taehyung unabashedly smiled.

Friends’ dates with Taehyung were the best after all. They were always chaotic in nature and yet always ended in a puppy pile, with Taehyung being his overgrown golden retriever pup self who thought was still small enough to be a lap dog or just with Tae watching videos on his phone and Jimin trying to get his daily quota of soulmate cuddles.

With those happy thoughts in mind and seeing Taehyung’s tight lipped smile and his signature V pose (which had earned him the nickname ‘V’ back in high school), Jimin left. He didn’t stick around to see Tae’s happy mask falling.

Jimin was late after all.

-------

đŸ„đŸ„đŸ„đŸ„đŸ„đŸ„đŸ„

Feet kissing the asphalt, breathing steadily, heart beating strong and a bouncing booty jiggling brought Jimin to the bus stop. The driver gave him a judgmental stare that read ‘You’re half a minute late’, to which Jimin’s only answer was to say “Sorry I’m late” while giving his best crooked smile.

Jimin had always smiled like a person who’s in love, forever stuck in the honeymoon period of a perfect relationship - which always melted everyone’s hearts and got him whatever he may have wanted. That smile could fool almost everybody. The only exception was Jimin’s soulmate, a person who was able to discern between his fake smile and his real one. That bus driver was not his Taehyung, thus he did not notice that he was being played and opened the bus door, allowing Jimin’s entry.

Catching his crowded bus, Jimin found a place standing in front of a couple sitting down, holding hands like they didn’t even noticed the way their fingers were intertwined. Maybe Taehyung deserved rights and his point about Jimin’s serial dating strategies were to be questioned. But he was just having fun, being his 20 something carefree, no-strings attached self. It was fine and completely under control. That’s what he said to himself while messaging Hoseok to ask him to set up a lunch date with his friend on Saturday.

-------

Having gotten his Saturday date secured, Jimin was feeling pretty good as he made his way from campus to the bus stop that afternoon. The lazy pace his feet assumed were in contrast with how hurriedly they’d moved that morning.

Siting to wait for the bus, the dancer watched the sunset spreading its colors through the sky. Rich hues of red blended with oranges at the center, bleeding into pinks and blues, that tangled themselves to form a majestic purple (Taehyung’s favorite color).

Jimin snapped a photo to send to Taehyung to celebrate the happiness that flooded him in that precise moment in time. The feeling was heightened when his and Taehyung’s song started playing randomly on Spotify. Naturally, Jimin sang along.

You are my favorite everything

Been telling you that since 2015

Shut up, I love you

You're my best friend

Memories of their last year of high school drowned Jimin on a wave of nostalgia. Memories of how the promise of having the best years of his life as a teenager came alive with Taehyung by his side, getting into all kinds of trouble with Taetae usually taking the fall when they were caught, with only the use of their puppy eyes to protect them from punishments.

Get you under pink skies, I know exactly where we should go

'Cause I love the way your green eyes mix with that Malibu indigo

Talkin' under pink skies, I think our hearts are starting to show

That it's better, you and I, under pink skies

The pink skies were Jimin, whereas the Malibu indigo was Taehyung and their hairs mirrored that. Jimin smiled at the thought while getting his bus card out of his pocket and moving towards the spot where the bus door would soon open.

We can work it out

You and I are meant to be together

This is how it's supposed to feel

I'm in love with how this feels

There was one essential truth in Jimin’s core and that was that him and Taehyung were made from the same atoms of the same star. As long as they had each other, they could take on the world.

The smile that graced his lips that moment and that followed him into the bus was a real one. Nothing major had happened, yet Jimin felt happy and safe...until he turned his eyes upwards and away from his chat with Taehyung, pocketing his cellphone and leveling his stare on a figure standing with their back turned to Jimin.

Breathe in.

Jimin would have recognized that Winnie the Pooh badge attached to that Fila backpack anywhere.

Breath out.

Fear sat itself on Jimin slowly, like it was a pillow over his mouth and nose. Just enough air to allow his body to keep functioning, but crippling all the same. He walked with the fear of re-encountering the owner of those items everyday, sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller, but always there - even if Jimin pretended it wasn’t.

Breathe!

After it had settled over Jimin, fear talked to him in its cackling voice. It told his legs to go weak, his stomach to lurch and his heart to ache, dislodge itself and move upwards to his throat to choke him from the inside out. The urge to throw up manifested itself uninvited, he could taste the saliva thickening in his mouth to a rancid paste.

Where did the air go?!

Although the other’s face was turned away from him, the infamous Cruella De Vil hairstyle left no space for hope to inhabit Jimin’s body. Jiwon was in that bus. Just a few feet away from Jimin. The adrenaline coursing through Jimin’s system and the lack of air were shutting down his ability to think logically. His fight or flight instinct was ordering him to run.

He ended up freezing for a minute too long.

A sliver of that angled jawline was now on sight, just as one of those doubled pierced ears. Bobby seemed to have sensed the distress in the air like a predator would or maybe he just felt Jimin’s eyes burning holes into his back. Jimin didn’t want to find out which one was the right option.

Taking in a sudden intake of breath that felt like knives stabbing his lungs on the way in and out and stumbling backwards, jamming his heel into the stool behind him, Jimin rushed to the driver.

“Open the door” Jimin demanded.

“I can’t. This isn’t a stop” the driver deadpanned.

“Open the door right now!” Jimin was growing desperate and he could feel his voice raising in volume. He was going to spare no effort: if he had to make a scene to get out of there, he would. “Open the door! Open the door! Now! Open it!”

-------

đŸ„đŸŻđŸ„đŸŻđŸ„đŸŻđŸ„

If one were to ask Park Jimin to describe the sequence of actions he took after leaving the bus, he wouldn’t know how to answer. It was all a blur. Suddenly he was in front of his shared apartment with Taehyung. An apartment they had decide to rent after what had happened (but nothing had happened. Nothing). An apartment that was located further away from campus (only because they had had enough of the craziness of dorms). An apartment whose door Jimin couldn’t open that moment because his hands were shaking (they were not shaking).

Breathe.

Taehyung was still out when Jimin finally got inside.

Why did he have to no be home yet?!

The prospect of turning on the lights would have been horrifying if Jimin felt anything at all in that moment. Luckily, he felt numb as if static was being tuned inside his brain while a high-pitched sound kept ringing on his ears.

Stumbling to his room like a drunk man, Park Jimin was avoiding any reflective surfaces inside their home. He could feel that his eyes were swollen, even if the memory of crying hadn’t registered in his mind (something must have fallen in his eyes. Both of them. At the same time. He hadn’t cried). He would have felt angry at the prospect of having walked around looking like a mess when he made everything in his power to always look pretty and ethereal on a daily basis. He would have felt furious about feeling unsafe on a bus he took daily. He would have, if he had enough strength to feel anything (strength and reason. He had no reason to feel angry nor afraid. Everything's fine).

Easier it was to decide to not take the bus anymore and just walk wherever he needed Taehyung did say that his ‘Jibooty’ was in dire need of a workout. Taehyung was right after all.

Suddenly inside his room, Jimin felt confused about what his purpose in there was, until his eyes landed on the nightstand. More precisely, on the rectangular shape of his friendship lamp. He turned it on. The soft purple light didn’t hurt his eyes and made him think of pink and purple sunsets after volunteering on the animal shelter where Taehyung got Yeontam, or after the wine tasting class they took and that had burnt all their sweet-and-cheap-wine-only taste buds, or after the yoga class they once took just to have a reason to wear their yoga pants.

All good memories from before he entered Jimin’s life (but there was no he. Everything's fine).

Leaving the door to his room open, Jimin walked out of it and moved to the living room where he sat rigidly on the couch, rooted on his spot, looking frozen, unable to speak and certainly white as snow, as he couldn’t feel if there was any blood left in his body (which was okay, because good posture is necessary and looking pale is valued in their community).

“Honey, I’m home” Taehyung’s impersonation of that 90’s show about dinosaurs always greeted the house, even if Jimin wasn’t there. “Jiminie?” the happy and loud sound of Taehyung’s voice bounced around. “Are we playing hide and seek again, Chimminy? Ready or not, here I go!”

How long had Jimin been sitting on the floor, hugging his knees? Wasn’t he sitting on the couch? He didn’t know. But that was how he was when he saw Taehyung entering the room.

“Minie! You’re supposed to make it difficult-” Jimin followed the features of his best friend’s face while the other took stock of the completely dark apartment, aside from the foyer light Taehyung himself had and the purple twin lights coming from both their rooms.

It took about half a second for Taehyung to drop his backpack and come embrace him.

“I’m sorry, Taetae” A single rouge tear moved down Jimin’s cheek without his permission. “You know I’m not good at hide and seek”

Yeah, that was the real problem.

“That’s okay.” Taehyung answered squishing their faces together “We’re soulmates. I would have found you in a blink of an eye anyway”

“Yeah... you would”

Jimin fell asleep on the ground that night and yet he woke up in Taehyung’s bed.

đŸ„đŸżđŸ„đŸżđŸ„đŸżđŸ„

[Friday]

Rule #1 - You gotta have fun, but you also gotta be the first to run.

After the small incident on the bus (which Jimin didn’t even remember anymore, because it obviously never happened), Jimin had spent the past few days working out on his choreo at an almost punishing pace, being the one to open and close the studio. Thankfully, Saturday was coming right around the corner and he would have a good time.

Under normal circumstances, Jimin hardly ever had to do much more than get doll up for his dates, much less think about them beforehand because, normally, whichever guy he went out with already seemed to have a 5 step plan on how they intended to woo Jimin, including where they wanted to meet, what they wanted to do and eat and how they would propose on sight.

Jimin got to have fun. Sometimes it was so over the top that he had to tell Taehyung about it. For some reason he ignored, his soulmate never outright laughed at the dude who had brought a calico cat with a ring in their collar nor at the math student who tried to prove with A + B that he and Jimin had to date.

That’s to say that Jimin had been thrown for a loop when Hoseok messaged him after The Pack’s training.

Hoeseok:

So


( ͥ° ͜ʖ ͥ°)

Chim:

Yes

I’d sleep with you...but it’d probs be a ons only

Hoeseok:

wat?

Chim:

wat wat?

you used ur eyes

and i stand by my words

😌

Hoeseok:

nice

my agent will be getting in contact with yours to coordinate our schedueles

letz geddit!

but what i was gonna ask was

where r u taking my babie Kookie tomorrow?

The honest answer would have been ‘What do you mean he won’t be the one spoiling me?’. The answer Jimin sent was another altogether.

Chim:

it’s a surprise...

he’s gonna luv it

Hoeseok:

bet

or it’ll be on sight next time I see u

luv u

have a nice time

:)

Chim:

thats a psycopath’s smile, Hoseokie-hyung

Hoeseok:

not at all

...

:)

...

rmb

on sight

Never had Jimin half assed plans for a date as much as he had for this one. This Jeon Jungkook might have looked hot on the picture Hoseok showed him, but the stakes for him making it worth Jimin’s time had just escalated very quickly.

-------

đŸ„đŸ°đŸ„đŸ°đŸ„đŸ°đŸ„

[Saturday]

Rule #2 - Don’t get attached.

In retrospect, Jimin shouldn’t have asked his cousin for dating advice. It was a well known fact that Park Chanyeol had royally ed up every single one of his wooing-Do Kyungsoo attempts, before the culinary prodigy decided to take pity on the big oaf that was Jimin’s older cousin and had publicly sang him a version of Boyfriend (that had all the female words adequately adjusted to male ones) by Just- đŸ€ąđŸ€ź Justi- đŸ€ąđŸ€ź Jimin couldn’t even think about the singers name (why did Purpose had to be so good though?!), but the gesture had been loud and valid and Kyungsoo had gotten himself a lap full of a crying Chanyeol.

Maybe that was for the better as well. Jimin didn’t want to come out too try hard-ish by having a perfect date planned. Still the italian restaurant on the other side of the city was starting to seem more and more like the worst date option ever. Which was made even worse by the fact that Jimin had to walk there. Public transportation (buses) wasn’t an option and Jimin had every dime counted as to how they’d be spent, so no Uber either.

The restaurant was full of empty tables, with only a few of them being occupied. One by an old couple eating side by side, one glass of wine each, studiously bent over their meals. Another with a group of middle aged women collapsing with helpless giggles as they were sipping their colourful (and probably disgustingly sweet) drinks. A family and their teenage son were sitting to the right in what looked to be a ‘You’re addicted to your cellphone’ intervention if the mom holding the cellphone away from the teenager while the latter tried to lurch for it was any indication of that. The noise level was low. The smells in the air weren’t the most attractive Jimin’s ever smelled. And in the back, what could be a young man was sitting alone.

Could be being the key words, since Jimin couldn’t see his face considering that the other had a bucket hat covering almost his entire face, only letting the silver hoops of his earing glint in the dim light. Jimin studied his clothes for a moment: indiscriptive black undershirt, blue and white checkered shirt and a fake leather biker jacket. Not exactly 5-steps-plan-ready-to-seduce-Jimin kind of outfit. What a nice change.

“Are you Jungkook?” Jimin asked when he had came close enough to be heard and to which he received a nod “I know I’m late but ain’t it too early to already be mourning my loss?”

“In your dreams!” Jungkook scoffed “I’m mourning my sense of pride, my hopes and dreams”

“Too intense for a 1st date, don’t you think?” Jimin laughed, sliding himself on the booth.

“I’ve been told I’m the all or nothing type of guy” Jungkook shrugged.

“Well, in that case...” Jimin held out his hand to be shook before he got properly comfortable "My name is Park Jimin, I'm 21 years old and I'm a ing libra. What’s your star sign?"

Hercules had to go through 12 almost impossible labors that included killing a Hydra and fighting off Cerberus. From Jimin’s point of view, asking a tricky question (that didn’t have a right answer) to all his dates shouldn’t even be considered an inconvenience.

If the person answered saying anything bad about horoscope and the people who liked it, Jimin would know that person wouldn’t interact well with Taehyung. It’s not like Jimin was looking for a boyfriend whom would be perfect to introduce to his soulmate (that’s serious business). But if, on principle, someone couldn’t work well with Taehyung then they certainly were not the type of people worthy of spending time with. More than one had been left standing while Jimin went home after that question.

“Nice. I’m 19, but I don’t remember much of my horoscope” Jungkook answered while he intently looked at his bucket hat as if it had all the answers. “I have a friend who would know that though...I could message him?”

“No need.” Jimin shrugged him jacket off. “You good.”

Rule #3 - Wearing your heart on your sleeve is dangerous. Better wear it on your cheeks instead.

So far, Jeon Jungkook seemed to be about 140 pounds of pure delightful stupid, which Jimin could respect since his Taehyung was basically the same. Those two seemed to have suppressed every possible aspect that would have helped them survive in the world to just rely on their cuteness. It worked for Taehyung because Jimin’s soulmate just had the most beautiful, artistic, happy, shameless, likeable, interesting and chaotic soul ever.

Jungkook on the other hand...he just seemed the type of person who showed his every feeling on his face. Which was both stupid and dangerous. Jimin felt pity for him, people like that sooner or later get scarred for life...Jimin should know.

“This date ” Jungkook muttered and even if he hadn’t, Jimin could have read that on the way the other’s lip were protruded.

“I’m sorry...didn’t wanna be rude.” Jimin had a stern face on that made Jungkook visibly twitch a bit “I thought I had just like...thought that?...inside my head?”

Laughing as hard as he hadn’t in a long while, Jimin agreed. “This place is really beaten down, isn’t it?”

“It truly is the most depressing place I’ve visited, Jimin-ssi” Jungkook let it out all at once.

“Jimin-hyung” Jimin corrected, but the younger didn’t seem too eager to adopt the hyung “At least we found out that the dude having with Karen and Cristina was the same dude and they were roommates!” Jimin whispered pointing to the table next to them.

“Honestly, how could they not talk about the dude to one another?! Weren’t they best friends? Could never be me and Hoseokie-hyung” Jungkook seemed very proud about that “Wanna go someplace real fun?”

Rule #4 - Put your pure looking disguise on: leave them begging for more.

“No way. I’m not doing that” Jimin had thought Jungkook had used the “someplace fun” code to try and get him and his Jibooty to go back to his apartment for some Devil’s tango, but the reality was much, much worse.

“No, come on! It’ll be fun” Jungkook pleaded standing in front of the first game on the arcade.

“No...I don’t dance on those things” Jimin didn’t want to go into detail about the last time him and Taehyung had been in an arcade and allegedly set fire to one of those dancing machines.

“Look, I said I’d take us somewhere that makes me feel happy. So now we’re here and you gotta do it...or are you gonna chicken out?” Jungkook emphasized his requested by dancing the 2010s Chicken Noodle Soup song and clucking.

Jimin wanted to deck him.

There were a variety of ways that night was going to go, but Jimin losing on a dancing game was not gonna be one of them. He place the coin inside the machine and once both of them assumed their places, a remix of What is Love started playing.

-------

“Okay, that was fun” Jimin said between pants after the song was done and over with.

“Yeah! Can’t believe I lost, though” Jungkook pushed his bangs out of his eyes before continuing “But you! You smashed it!” The unbridled happiness on the younger’s tone did something to some internal organ of Jimin’s, but he couldn’t quite figure out what or which organ.

“You didn’t lose.” Jimin flicked him on the forehead. “It was a tie”

“Potato potato.” Jungkook answered with an eye roll. “I never loose. I wanna a rematch!”

However, none of them moved to put a new coin on the machine. Jimin was intently staring at Jungkook’s face for one or two minutes, trying to pinpoint what exactly he was feeling. When the taller ducked his head down with what could only be an embarrassed blush on his cheeks, Jimin figured it out.

He was having fun. On a date. After so long, Jimin was genuinely having fun on a date. He didn’t know exactly how to express his thankfulness. He didn’t think. In a blink of an eye, Jimin had his lips on Jungkook’s. It was only a peck, an honest thank you in the shape of a peck.

On previous dates, Jimin would only kiss his partners at the end of the day, only if the date had gone right and most important of all: if he felt like. Even then, it would only be a kiss on his date’s cheek to make them crave him more.

That peck startled both young men. Jimin noticed how dry Jungkook’s lips were. In contrast with his own, those were in dire need of lip balm. Jimin had one on his pocket, but he never did learn how to share his stuff. When Jimin’s face moved away, he noticed that the younger’s eyes seemed like saucers.

“You? You- just...kiss me?” Jungkook asked touching his lips with the pad of his fingers.

“Yeah.” Jimin readily agreed “Let’s play again.”

And without waiting for an actual response, Jimin just deposited a coin in and started looking for another song.

It was a thank you peck, nothing worthy of a second thought.

-------

They played at least another ten rounds, of which Jimin won one (because he cheated by distracting his date), Jungkook won another (fair and square) and the rest ended up tied.

“C’mon! Let’s change games!” Jimin again didn’t wait for an answer, already pulling Jungkook by the hand and towards the Guitar Hero station.

“Don’t wanna sing” Jungkook said in pout, even if he did put his body through the toy electric guitar. “Not good at it”

“Stop being such a baby!” Jimin teased. “It’s just a game”

“I am not a baby!”

“Bua-bua! Baby doesn’t wanna have his handed to him”

“Stop it!” Jungkook demanded.

“Make me!” Jimin challenged, arching his eyebrows.

The owner of the arcade had to quick them out when closing time came.

-------

đŸ„đŸŻđŸ„đŸŻđŸ„đŸŻđŸ„

Before crossing the threshold of their apartment, Jimin was already feeling terrible for having forgotten about his plans with Taehyung that afternoon. That’s why he had vegan Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream in one hand and paprika chips on the other (Tae liked to use the ice cream as dip for his chips). It might be late, but Taehyung sometimes woke in the middle of the night because he had just had a crazy dream that needed to be transformed into art right that moment.

A “Sorry” post-it stuck on his peace offering should do it.

But it had not been Jimin’s fault though, had it? Not really. Yes he had promised Tae he would meet him to help him with some project of his, but. Jimin had gotten late for the date because he had to walk there, so he had a plan to make it up to Jungkook for an appropriate amount of time, then he’d excuse himself and leave to go meet Taetae.

It was actually Jungkook’s fault for being a lot more fun than expected that Jimin had lost track of time, only remembering to text Taehyung after he was already at least 1 hour late. But Jimin was genuinely having fun on a date...he had had to stay and enjoy it.

The door to Taehyung’s room was closed, which had red flags fluttering in the wind inside Jimin's head. With a sigh, he stored the ice cream inside the fridge before moving to his room to change out of his sweaty outfit. If Taehyung was mad enough at him to close the door to his room, there was nothing more Jimin could do that night.

Or so he thought.

Jimin’s room was bathed in that soft purple light that was a constant in their lives, even though he was certain it had been turned off when he left the apartment earlier that day. Taking his pajamas, Jimin went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and change.

When he stood directly in front of Tae’s room, Jimin noticed that the door was not, in fact, closed. It just seemed that way. Inside his bedroom, Taehyung was not sleeping on his customary starfish position. He was sleeping curled up, probably feeling cold since he had kicked his blanket to the ground.

“You’re helpless, Taehyungie” Jimin murmured “But Jiminie-hyungie is here to save you” he giggled.

Climbing into bed and assuming his big spoon position, Jimin wrapped himself around Taehyun, threw the duvet over both of them and off to dreamland he was.

-------

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

In a land far, far away, Jungkook was kicking himself in his bed because not only had Namjoon completely hated his voice (Jungkook could tell by the lack of response on the older’s face both during their rehearsal and during the glee club meeting) but also sent him a message (which Jungkook had yet to grow a pair to read), that probably read something along the lines of:

(00:29) Namjoonie-hyung:

lol

u

drop the glee club

Which made him feel terrible to be imagining that, because Namjoon would never! He would probably let him know that his services were no longer required in the glee club in a much more articulated and gentle way that would still crush the younger’s heart.

But if all that was yet not enough, Jungkook had gone out with a really hot dude who (gasp!) had kissed him! On the lips!

“!”

Jungkook had forgotten to ask Jimin for his phone number (sigh!), which meant Taehyung had free rein in choosing the younger’s Halloween costume.

When did his life become this?