His whisper is the Lucifer

Kollege Soul Affair

uuhhhh...i promise im not dead? sorry i disappeared for a month?? Also, yes. The title comes from SHINee's Lucifer.


[Tuesday]

🐰🐿🐰🐿🐰🐿🐰

Jungkook was not supposed to be home, just as Hoseok wasn’t. The architecture major was supposed to be on the library, trying to force knowledge into his brain. But that Tuesday night in particular, he hadn’t felt like exposing his neurons to more damage than they had already sustained so far (poor things were barely able to make their synapses, after all, he was only working with 2 brain cells - thanks to a certain dimpled someone - shush!). Thus, he was home making poor choices as of what to eat.

Einstein was right when he proposed his relativity theory, for the 3 microwave minutes Jungkook had to wait to heat his food seemed eternal to his hungry stomach. At least his latest tweet had gathered quite some attention.

While Jungkook waited, he arranged the couch cushions on the ground in front of the coffee table (throwing everything that was on it on the ground to make space for his food) and put some crappy Halloween movie on (on the lowest volume. He wasn’t planning on really watching it).

Hoseok would skin him alive. But he wasn’t home, was he?

Beep! Beep! Beep!

“Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen” Jungkook prayed as he sat down to eat “Hoseokkie-hyung!” he called, knowing pretty well the other wasn’t home “I’m eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!” He snickered at his own silliness.

After eating dinner, Jungkook could be found splayed on the couch on a state of semi-consciousness, drifting to sleep with the button of his jeans popped open due to eating too much and the TV still on, but muted, when he heard that sound on the front door.

Jungkook knew that Hoseok would never knock on any door (which time and time again had ended badly for him). He also knew that if it were Taehyung, the blue haired tiger cub would be incessantly ringing the doorbell with the enthusiasm of a 4 year old high on sugar. So there was only one possible explanation.

That shy, barely-there knock on the door followed by some metallic ramblings sounded like someone was picking on the lock. Jungkook's mind went into paranoiac mode trying to summon any knowledge he possibly had about how to deal with burglars trying to break in.

Escape, if possible, should be one's first course of action.

Which had Jungkook thinking about running out the fire escape, banging on 4A's window, throwing himself in Namjoon's arms when he'd opened said window with a worried look on, eyebrows pinched together and jaw locked (Gawd! That would be a y look on him) and Jungkook would have a perfectly valid reason to tuck his face between those mighty pecks and have his hair petted by the older, because 'A burglar just broke into my house to steal all my valuables (those being his gaming laptop and his Nintendo switch) and kill me!'. Jungkook would look up and Namjoon would be looking down (as if they had such a height difference...but Jungkook was sure he could will his cells to make him shrink for the right man, if need be), they'd lock eyes, their mouths would slowly be getting closer and-

The sound of the floorboard creaking outside of his apartment pulled Jungkook out of his musings and back into the present. Also the building didn't have a fire escape outside the windows. It was an internal staircase. With top notch fire insulation. Near the elevator. Which was outside. Past the home intruder. So there goes all his hopes and dreams for a Spiderman kiss moment (granted, that only happened near a fire escape staircase, not on it, but Jungkook was certain he could emulate Tobey Maguire's pose if given enough time).

Having the alternative of running (into his true love's pecks) taken away from him, Jungkook was left with only one option: confronting the burglar.

Unfortunately, it was not December yet, which meant there were no Christmas decorations to turn into weapons to fight off the intruder with. Which, in turn, translated to not going full Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone. Sigh!

Going to the kitchen to grab a knife was out of question once the thief’s noises started to get more and more frenetic trying to open the door. His second thought was to find the baseball bat he was sure Hoseok kept somewhere, but it was probably in the elder's room and Jungkook didn't have time to go pick it up.

The truth is, one doesn't need conventional weapons to fight someone off. What one needs is to strike weak points to incapacitate the burglar. Groin first, then eyes, nose, neck (karate chops!), knees and stomach. So Jungkook wasn’t too frightened now that his eyes had landed on the baseball ball lying near the TV. He’d just need to throw it like it was the first pitch on a very important Tigers’ game.

“This is my house and I will defend it.” Jungkook murmured while positioning himself.

Slightly closing his eyes to hear better, Jungkook waited for the precise moment to throw the ball. What happened after the ball left his hand seemed to be in slow motion. The door opening. The shadow of a head appearing through the door. Metallic instruments being dropped to the ground. The baseball ball flying one centimeter away from the intruder’s head as he bent down to pick what were certainly his trespassing tools. Jungkook’s heart stopping. The hallway light turning on due to the movement of the ball. Hoseok’s frightened yell forever piercing Jungkook’s ears.

“WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!” They both yelled.

There was enough time for Jungkook to blink before the ball hit the wall in front of their apartament, leaving a permanent indent on the hallway (that would certainly be reason for an extern lecture from the manager of the building), breaking the slo-mo spell.

“I knew you were a sore loser, but taking me down just because I won D Day is low, Jungkookie” Hoseok said as he got inside the apartment, caring 2 overflowing groceries bags. “I thought I taught you that-”

“Revenge is never going to satisfy you. Revenge is gonna poison and kill your soul” Hoseok said as Jungkook mimicked him like a spoiled kid would do upon being lectured (which was pretty much what was happening).

“I know, hyung. I know” Jungkook dismissed the other’s words as one would dismiss a mother’s advice to ‘Take a coat, it’s gonna get cold later’ in the warmest day of summer. “I wasn’t trying to kill you. You were trying to kill me! I thought you were a burglar. Why didn’t you just get your keys and get in?!”

“I...plead the fifth” Hoseok said as he dropped the bags on the couch “Care to use those muscles of yours to help your hyungie?” he batted his eyelashes.

“Ewww!” Jungkook’s nose scrunched up just as he carried the groceries to the kitchen “Yikes...will you ever stop saying the word ‘hyungie’, that’s so-”

“Yeah, yeah. I know how much you dislike it. Just like you hate people calling you cute. We been knew” Hoseok shrugged the coat of his shoulders, leaving it laying on the ground when it failed at staying hanged on “Anyways, wanna help me bake cookies?”

-------

[Wednesday]

🐰🐯🐨🐰🐯🐨🐰

Jungkook had racked his brain trying to find the perfect song to sing that afternoon. But all in vain as he had set his expectations too high. The song needed to be uplifting, happy, a bit cheeky and if he could fit in a bit of a flirty tone, it certainly wouldn’t hurt. So it came as no surprise when he was still empty handed of songs that would fit all of those criteria at the same time and he had less than 5 hours before his meeting with Namjoon and Taehyung was supposed to happen.

Yoongi-hyung thought it was a good idea to serenade his crush, but what did he know about seducing people anyway?! Jungkook was lost in his thoughts when a sudden realization hit him like a truck. OH MY GOD! I have a crush on Namjoon-hyung! (surprise surprise) Jungkook was left paralyzed in the middle of the sidewalk after leaving Blooming Days and heading for the gym.

Maybe that realization should have come sooner.

Maybe it should have hit him the night before when he had put too much effort into picking an outfit. Maybe it should have hit him this morning when he packed his tinted sunscreen and the light brown eyeshadow in his gym bag. Maybe those should have been enough of a warning, but if Jungkook had disregarded all the other red flags (ing to the memory of Namjoon’s smell and light touch that one time being number one), those other little details never stood a chance.

A whole session of hardcore exercising with Chanyeol latter, Jungkook found himself sitting in front of the studio department, trying to kill time to not get there so early as to not seem as eager as he really was. He didn’t regret his choice of skinny black jeans, secured in place with a simple fake leather belt, and a simple polka dotted black shirt, though. 100% worth having spent so much time picking an outfit.

“So...I learned in class yesterday-” No introductions. No greetings. Just Taehyung throwing his bag on the ground, laying himself on the bench with his head over Jungkook’s lap and going straight into the conversation like there was exactly where they had left off. A.k.a.: rude. And also exactly the way one would treat a best friend.

Jungkook loved it.

“-that coconut water can be used as an emergency blood transfusion and of course my first thought was 'Can a vampire drink coconut water?'. Like, can you imagine tropical vampires being horrified when old world vampires visit and they're still drinking blood like some sort of monsters?!"

Jungkook, who was Taehyung’s hair, stopped his motion, pushed the other away from his lap and got up from the bench and asked “You know what that means, right?” as Taehyung got himself up from the bench. And both of them screamed.

“Vegan Vampires!!!”

That set them hugging while jumping in circles and patting each other’s backs (because they were so smort!).

“Twilight was onto something after all” Jungkook thoughtfully hummed while his chin before his mind got dragged to more pressing matters. “Side question: what are you graduating in? Exactly, what kinda classes do you take? And why have I never seen them on any syllabus ever?”

“Irrelevant and confidential.” Taehyung waved him off with an elegant hand gesture as they sat back down, side by side “Also, I don't want to have to kill you afterwards...too much trouble to get rid of the body. Dexter made it look so easy. Tsk tsk.” He really sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

“Okay?”

Should one be scared when one's friend displays serial killer-esque behaviour?

“You know what we should do?” Taehyung asked like he hadn't basically just threatened to kill Jungkook to later chop him up into quarter pieces and throw the remains in the ocean. “We should test this theory!”

“Do you, perchance, know any vampires?” Being threatened with death had nothing on hunting vampires (worries about your friend being a serial killer adjourned. Tribunal dismissed).

“I’m pretty sure I’ve seen one on campus” Taehyung answered as he started looking around like he had forgotten where he had placed this supposedly vampire of his (relatable).

“Nice! So, we need to buy coconut water and then we can go full Buffy, the vampire slayer on them.” Time to bring forth his leather pants and jacket!

“YEAH! Once we’re done with Namjoon-hyung (Jungkook could try and deny it, but he did get jealous at the other being able to be so effortlessly casual and friendly with Namjoon while he had barely reached the 'hyung' stage), we can go to that convenience store near your house and-”

“No, no, no, no, no! We can’t go there.” Jungkook vehemently shaked his head while making an X with his forearms.

“Why not?” Taehyung asked as he raised his eyebrows “What did you do?”

“Nothing!” Maybe Jungkook was too quick to answer, which led to Taehyung pressing his eyes semi-closed in a suspicious manner. Or it might have been just Jungkook’s body betraying him (as per usual) for he knew that the first stage of feeling embarrassment (cheeks turning tomato red: check!) was probably showing on his face.

“Did you make out with the ahjussi that owns it?” Taehyung teased while wiggling his eyebrows and bumping shoulders with Jungkook.

“No! What the ?!” Jungkook had reached his second stage with neck also turning tomato red, only this time was due to the absurdity of Taehyung’s proposition.

“DID YOU?!”

Jungkook didn’t answer that, instead he covered his ears as he got redder and redder by the minute. God! He wished he had a weird make out story behind that. Anything would have been better than the awkward first encounter he had with Namjoon. Jungkook was thankful the older never brought it up, but also mortified. What if Namjoon thought he was a loser? (he was, but let’s not destroy the kid’s illusions of grandeur). Taehyung, who had gotten fired up with the other’s silence, proceeded to burst his bubble .

“You did, didn’t you?! I always sensed you were in for the daddy type” Taehyung was nodding like he had figured out the answers to all philosophical questions.

“No! It’s-” Jungkook sighed. The only way he was getting out of this situation was by telling the truth. But certainly he didn’t have to disclose all of it, right? “It’s nothing like that. I can’t go back there because...because I accidentally shoplifted?”

“I’m friends with a thief?!” Taehyung asked as he jumped to his feet, looking shocked as Jungkook though he would die of mortification “Minus one bucket list item” The way the blue haired flashed his boxy grin was in complete contrast to his previous (obviously teatrical) display of shock.

“What even…? You know what, forget it.” Understanding Taehyung was something that Jungkook was both amazing and terrible at. “I can’t go to that convenience store anymore and now I have to walk three extra blocks to go to the next one to get my banana milk and it’s a literal nightmare!” His tone had gone from outrageous to straight up whiny.

“Your life is so hard” It might be difficult to determine if Taehyung was mocking him or actually relating to him, as he held Jungkook’s shoulders and nodded. “You have to tell me all about how one accidentally shoplifts.”

“It started as all good stories”

“With alcohol?”

“Wha- No!” Technically speaking Jungkook had had the permission to drink alcohol since he turned 18, but even though he was 19, he didn’t feel the need to try it yet. He’d do it eventually when it felt right. Or not at all. He might feel peer pressured to do other stuff, but drinking and smoking were never things he was particularly interested in doing any way.

“Are you sure it’s a good story?” Taehyung sounded skeptical. Jungkook was annoyed.

“Will you shut up so I can tell you how I humiliated myself in front of the leg witch?” Was Jungkook ready to admit that leg witch actually went by the name of Kim Namjoon, who was both his upstairs neighbor and their mentor? No, he was not.

“You met Ursula?! Do you think she would give a tail instead of this overhyped limbs?” Taehyung pointed at his legs when he asked that “Can I have her number? I’m in dire need of a protection spell as well. Still haven’t figured out if that vampire is friendly or not” his voice assumed a distant tone that made it seem like he was thinking aloud.

An answer was about to shoot itself out of Jungkook’s lips as to why Taehyung didn’t need to ask him for the witch’s (*cof* Namjoon’s *cof*) number since they already had it, what with the group chat with all glee club members being created and with all of them now following each other on instagram and (public) twitter profiles (did Jungkook have a secret twitter account where he vented (whined about) all his post-teen pre-adult frustrations? One will never know for sure), when Namjoon appeared as if summoned (Was he a witch for real?! OJO)

“Hey, guys” Namjoon had the nerve to wave, smile and show his dimples (!) to Jungkook as if the latter wasn’t on to his witchy schemes “Shall we go?”

“Y-yeah” Jungkook managed to get out. He had gone for nonchalant, not pathetic (You better get it together, brain cells! 2 is one too many!).

The studio itself was pretty simple, being divided in two parts separated by a window and a glass door. The first part was the control room, where everyone who would be in the studio could relax and listen to what was being recorded in the live room. It was also what one would see upon entering, with a mixing table, a computer and two chairs. The live room was behind the glass wall and it was equipped with a microphone on a mic stand and huge concealing headphones. Jungkook and Taehyung were baffled.

“Who wants to go first?” Namjoon asked with the biggest closed lip smile that made his dimples pop like they were moon craters.

Jungkook was too hypnotised picturing being on astronaut gear, getting out of the Apolo 11, feeling his whole body float upwards a bit before it started descending upon Namjoon’s right dimple ("That's one small step for a smitten young man, one giant leap for gaykind!"), to beat Taehyung's excited yell of:

"Me! Me! Me! Me! Pick me, hyungie! Me! Meeeeeeeeee!"

This time around it didn't feel like Jungkook's stomach was full of sailor knots tying themselves up in an attempt to strangle him from the inside out when he heard Taehyung's excessively fake cute whines to Namjoon, like what happened when they went to the museum the previous week. Not at all. Jungkook could convince himself that the stiffness he felt straightening up his spine like a tense crossbow was just the mention of the word ‘hyungie’. Arght! That’s probably it. That’s certainly it. A crush can’t mess with someone’s emotions like that, right?

Thus, there was really no specific reason for why Jungkook didn’t sit himself by Namjoon’s side, opting instead for crossing his arms in front of his body while Taehyung got inside the live room and Namjoon opened the recording program and gave Taehyung the green light to start singing.

A chilled-pop track invaded the space, demanding Jungkook’s and Namjoon’s attention back to the both were Taehyung began to sing like he had not a care in the world.

Just a couple lonely kids

Tryna find a crown that fits

Call us the kings and the queens of the dead end streets

Just a couple kids

Namjoon let out a half silenced “Wow” and smiled happily like Taehyung’s baritone voice had brought him a safe and happy memory at the same time that Jungkook felt like he was dreaming of teenage adventures promised on every American movie (that rarely, if ever, happened in real life).

We got no plans

Recklessly follow the sunset dreamin'

Give me tomorrow and I'll take your hand

Two rebels, ride or die

Two rebels, you and I

The mellow pop track, but most importantly Taehyung’s interpretation of it, perfectly emulated that unstoppable feeling of being uncontrollably and recklessly in love, without being able to do anything to stop it. Not that Jungkook would know from personal experience. He thought he was in love once, but it turned out to be more infatuation with a heavy dose of obsession than anything else.

Not a problem though. Now Jungkook had the soundtrack for his hopeless romantic dreams and future reckless late night adventures with the person he would one day actually fall in love with (crushes don’t count!) and that he wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about.

Just a couple midnight rides

Streetlamps are our kingdom lights

Ain't nobody need to know

We'll sneak the cards

You must drive and we ride

 

“Hyung” Jungkook murmured and was brave enough to touch Namjoon’s shoulder and let it linger a bit longer than necessary “Which song is Tae-hyung singing?”

“Ah, Jungkook-ah” Namjoon took his eyes from Taehyung in the live room and looked into Jungkook in such a way that made the younger think that the older had totally forgotten he was also there. That did not hurt. “Come. Sit next to me” he pulled the other chair so close that when Jungkook sat down, their thighs felt the ghost touch of one another “It’s called Rebels by Ivy Adara. I never heard it before either, so don’t feel bad” Namjoon said and knocked their shoulders together lightly, effectively sending an electric wave that shattered Jungkook’s entire world (thanks!).

When Taehyung got out of the other room he seemed to be lighter than air with the happy aura that floated around him. However, his body was pretty solid when it collided with Jungkook’s while a series of delighted giggles erupted out of both of them.

“Someone’s in love” Jungkook teased, hugging his friend with the clear intention of breaking the other’s ribs (in a lovingly manner, of course).

“Of course I’m in love!” Taehyung told him while disentangling their bodies “I’m in love with life and with people and animals and songs and-”

Before Jungkook had enough time to articulate that Taehyung knew what he was talking about and ask his friend if he had romantic feelings for someone in specific, Taehyung was bouncing in Namjoon’s direction and asking “Hyung! How did I do? Did you like? Ah! I liked it so much! Doesn’t matter if you didn't! But you did, didn’t ya?” he seemed to be talking his excitement out and not seeking for validation. Nonetheless, Namjoon answered.

“Of course I liked it, Taehyung-ah!” and he sounded sincere “Very clever how your tweaked the song to fit in your vocal range. The ad libs were good as well, maybe we’ll need to talk about some adjustments here and there but it was amazing, Taehyung-ah” And there again was that enormous tight lipped smile that made Namjoon’s eyes look like two half-moons.

How many times was Jungkook going to go empty brained because of those? Top 10 questions science is yet to answer.

"Jungkook-ah, you still with us?" Namjoon asked with a threat of a different type of smile in his voice "Can you give me the flash drive with your choice of song so I can take the voice out of it?"

"Oh" Jungkook's mouth assumed it's 'O' shaped position that seemed to be the default for his interactions with Namjoon "The flash drive? With the song? Now?"

The series of little nods Namjoon gave him weren't patronizing ones, he was really answering Jungkook's obvious question (own!). The thing was though. Jungkook had not brought his flash drive, he hadn't even actually chosen a song (I swear to God!). What was he going to do now?! (“In case there is a loss in brain pressure, yellow oxygen masks will deploy from the ceiling compartment located above you. Please secure your own mask before assisting others around you”. Jungkook's brain alarm, possibly.)

Jungkook was moving before his brain had time to process what he was doing. He just handed his cell phone to Namjoon after opening his (illegally) download(ed) folder and saying "First song on the folder, hyung" before moving inside the booth and putting the headphones that would allow him to hear what Namjoon would say to him on.

Jungkook had never been self conscious about his singing. It had always been something he just did because it was fun, because he liked it, because he was good at it. But it all felt different being inside a booth with Taehyung and Namjoon on the other side of the glass looking intently at him. Suddenly, Jungkook had a terrible case of stage fright inside those tiny 4 walls.

He couldn't do it.

He was going to do it.

He was gonna do his goddamn best. He wanted to hear Namjoon complimenting him like he had Taehyung.

Jungkook missed the opening to start singing.

“It’s okay, Jungkook-ah” Namjoon’s voice reverberated directly in Jungkook’s ears and it sounded like a fleece sheet enveloping him during a cold winter night. “Can you open your eyes for me?”

When exactly did Jungkook close his eyes? He wouldn’t have known how to answer that, but he opened his eyes, instantly following the commands of the voice in his ear.

“Are you okay?”

A nod.

“Do you want hyung to start again or do you need some time?”

Another nod.

“That doesn’t answer my question, Jungkook-ah” what sounded like an endeared giggle ringed in Jungkook’s ears making him swallow (did he have his mouth open this entire time?!) “Use your words, Kook-ah”

The endearment jolted him back to life. “I’m okay. I’m good. I’m great, hyung!” Did he need to use this overabundant amount of words? Debatable. “I mean. Can you start the song again, hyung?”

“Sure. Let me hear you, please” a shiver ran down the entire length of Jungkook’s body when he heard that soft and rough whisper. That whisper made him feel like he couldn’t find a place to hide. Couldn’t deny Namjoon’s request, for his whisper was the Lucifer.

The first beats of the song started again and thank God, Jungkook’s brother was obsessed with The Neighbourhood, forcing him to learn all the lyrics to all their songs. Thus, Jungkook breathed in and out and started singing Daddy Issues.

Take you like a drug

I taste you on my tongue

You ask me what I'm thinking about

I'll tell you that I'm thinking about

Whatever you're thinking about

Tell me something that I forget

But you might have to tell me again

It's crazy what you do for a friend

The moment he started singing, Jungkook started trying not to think too much about his audience and failed. Thus he used one of his shaking hands to grip the microphone while the other slid down to the mic stand, he closed his eyes and let the song flow through him. If Jungkook was asked what his body had done during the 4 minutes and 20 seconds the song lasted, he wouldn’t have known.

Go ahead and cry little boy

Nobody does it like you do

I know how much it matters to you

I know that you got daddy issues

And if you were my little boy

I'd do whatever I could do

I'd run away and hide with you

I love that you got daddy issues

And I do too

Suddenly Jungkook was out of the booth, but Namjoon was giving him no compliments nor (in the worst case scenario) pointers as how to improve his singing and Jungkook couldn't verbalize why that made him feel upset.

Namjoon had a worried look on, his eyebrows were pinched together, his jaw was locked and he looked distant like he was deep in his thoughts (God! That was not a y look on him. That was a disappointed look on him).

Jungkook wanted to think of an excuse as to why he needed to flee the studio right that moment, as he couldn't he just stared into his feet wondering why weren't those traitors obeying him and removing him from this awkward situation.

"Jungkookie!" Taehyung almost screamed in such a desperate way, Jungkook thought his terrible singing might as well have given Namjoon a fulminant heart attack "Oh my fur and whiskers, would you look at the time?! I'm late! I'm late for a very important date! I'm late! I'm overdue, I'm really in a stew! And you promised me to help me with the thing!"

"What thing?" Jungkook's brain was being slow to catch up in its shame.

"That thing! Don't you remember that thing?!" Taehyung had already gathered their backpacks and was manhandling Jungkook out of the studio "Bye, Namjoon-hyung!"

Jungkook wanted to say goodbye at least, but when his eyes met Namjoon's and he saw concern (about Jungkook ruining the glee club?!) there, his words died in his throat and he let Taehyung take him out, finally understanding that his friend had created a thing for them to escape. The most basic and pathetic excuse on the book. Sigh.

"What do I owe you for shortening my humiliation?" Jungkook asked "Bear in mind I'm a broke college student like yourself"

"Who says I'm broke?" Taehyung mindlessly retorted "Anyways, I've already got my payment" his smile was wicked.

"And that would be…?"

"The confirmation of you having a ." Taehyung sounded like he had just won the lottery and Jungkook really wanted to deny that information, but- "Now I have more ammunition against you!"

In reality, Jungkook felt grateful that Taehyung was being extra nonsensical, which forced his mind out of the fact that Namjoon had hated his presentation, hated his voice, his singing abilities, even the song he picked out. He might as well quit and never go back to the glee club!

No! Not doing that!

Not when Namjoon had asked to let him hear it. Jungkook would improve. The fierceness that surfaced to make him strive for better, to prove himself had him planning his glorious return on Friday when he would shine bright (like a diamond!) and finally see and hear Namjoon appreciating his performance.

-------

[Thursday]

🐰🐹🐰🐹🐰🐹🐰

“That’s enough!” the angry voice came accompanied by a slam of hands on Jungkook’s table that had him jolting out of his thoughts. “I came here to pretend to study while I rate the other men in the library and your sorry 7 is disturbing the enjoyment of my 10 past-time activities”

“I’m only a 7?!” Great. Time to sulk harder.

Truthfully, Jungkook knew he had been annoyingly sulking, constantly blowing raspberries and sighing out loud. Nonetheless, he thought he had picked the right empty corner of the library to do that in. Turns out Adonis had chosen a close enough spot to hear all of Jungkook’s stressed gay noises.

“Spit it out” Adonis said while sitting himself down on the chair in front of Jungkook. “What is this about?”

Letting his head fall back into his arms, Jungkook sputtered out a sound like “terdisguydatilikbut”

Adonis sighed again, interrupting Jungkook and sounding less exasperated this time around “This is about a boy, isn’t it?” to which Jungkook answer with a “nngh”

“Of course this is about a boy.” Even without seeing the other’s beautiful face, Jungkook knew he was rolling his eyes. However, Adonis’ next question came softly and with a gentle nudge “What about this boy of yours? Tell hyung and I shall help you”

“What is it to you?”

“I once said if I had time I would adopt you. I’m in need of new minions and I have time now that I’m ignoring my responsibilities, so…” Adonis shrugged.

“I can’t get his attention” remembering how seriously unimpressed Namjoon had looked after his singing the day prior dampened Jungkook’s mood further.

“I don’t know what you’re doing to get him to pay attention to you, but if it ain’t working it’s because you’re doing it wrong” Adonis paused and looked into the void before he came back with a snap of his fingers “The easiest way to get a guy’s attention is by setting thirsty traps. So that is what I propose you do” Adonis flashed a satisfied smile like he just taught a particularly dumb kid that 2 + 2 = 4.

“I have too much dignity and self respect to do that” (No, he didn’t).

“No, you don’t.” Adonis scoffed “You asked for advice from a guy you’ve only met twice. Granted, it has been established that I’m a powerful demigod, so I will be benevolent and not judge you too hard. Anyways, chaos is not gonna cause itself, baby gay. You gotta help the entropy gods a bit.”

“Hmm...I don’t know...doesn’t that sound too desperate?” Jungkook asked.

“Aren’t you desperate for this guy’s attention though?” Adonis countered with another question. Well, touché.

“You know what?” Jungkook said as he threw his hands in the air “Why not? I haven’t ruined my life this week yet. Let’s get it!”

“That’s the spirit!” Adonis yelled, completely ignoring they were inside a library “Now, let’s talk about your selca taking skills.”

“I’m okay, I guess…” Jungkook shrugged.

“No. That’s not acceptable” There was a pause during which Jungkook could see determination settling over Adonis’ features. “We need better than okay” The demigod went on as he got up and circled Jungkook (probably to assess what he’d working with). “We need you to be talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.”

“That sounds...scary and too much.” Maybe Jungkook should stick to what his mom taught him about stranger danger and not ask for literal strangers’ help on seducing his crush. Maybe.

“That’s me on a bad day” Adonis rolled his eyes. “Gawd!” he pinched his perfect nose with his long fingers and looked at Jungkook like he was an almost lost cause (which, he was). “It’s fine. It’s cool. I can work with...this”.

“Thanks?”

“Come on, you buffy baby gay! Show me your selfie game” Jungkook eagerly pulled his phone out, unlocked it on the camera and had already taken at least 3 selfies. “Take your time” Adonis sounded like an excessively tired teacher, so Jungkook stopped what he was doing, took a deep breath as if his life depended on the next selfie he would take and then, pressed the button.

“Make a meal out of it.” Adonis continue to instruct him “Puff those cheeks up like the gorgeous and mighty hamster. Or a bunny... I guess” He said that like it was obvious that hamsters were superior in cuteness. “Make those eyes pop, boy. Give the camera some deer caught in highlights realness. And bring it. Boom (a selfie). Boom (another selfie). And... that’s not it. Yikes.”

“I’m sorry.” Jungkook felt defeated, now was the time he would be exposed as the confidence fraud that he was. “I’m wasting your time.”

“You are a disaster homoual.” Adonis sighed, but it almost sounded like a challenge to prove him wrong...and who is Jeon Jungkook to pass up on a challenge?

“I’m trying my absolute best! It’s just, you know, still objectively terrible.” Jungkook said as he looked at his feet, kicked the corner of the table and pouted, looking absolutely dejected.

“Okay, okay, okay. Think, Mr. Worldwide Handsome, think.” Adonis was clearly talking to himself. “Gayreka! You gotta draw attention to your lips. And nibble like this. A nibble goes a long way, baby gay” Jungkook hesitantly took another selfie. “Good. That’s better” Adonis said and Jungkook preened under the compliment over getting better at a task. “Now, smile. You look terrified...you really took the ‘deer caught in highlights’ to heart, didn’t you? Well, forget about that.”

“I think I’m getting it!” Jungkook said excitedly as he pouted for the camera.

“Easy on the pout if you’re going for a more organic vibe” Another 5 selfies later. “You are getting it! Go, baby gay, go! Now, keep your lips slightly parted, like- Yeah, not gross, just relaxed. Touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Like this.”

“Like this?”

“That’s ‘I’ll only treat you as a baby brother for now till forever’ realness. So, no.” Adonis answered as he demonstrated again “A bit more ‘I didn’t know I was this y’ vibes. Like this.”

“Like this?”

“Yeah! Wow! I think you’re ready. You go get your man, baby gay.” Adonis sounded so proud of him, Jungkook beamed “I think you just moved to an 8...maybe”

“Thanks! But, I have a name, you know.”

“I don’t. You haven’t told me yet” Adonis smiled in such a heartwarming manner that Jungkook felt like a baby chick being protected by its mother hem.

“Jeon Jungkook!”

“Enchanté, Kim Seokjin. I go by Mr. Worldwide handsome. Or Jin.”

“Thank you, Jin-hyung” it felt easy to treat and be treated like a friend by him, so Jungkook had no qualms about hyung-ing his new acquaintance.

“You’re welcome, Jungkook-ah!” Seokjin said as he got up and messed up Jungkook’s hair, scribbled something down on a paper and passed it on to the younger “Here’s my number and social media handles, let’s hang out sometime, but I have to go now. You know how it goes. I have an army to build. A college to rule. An enterprise to take over. And boys to blackmail. A normal Thursday evening, really. So, see you later”

-------

[Satruday]

🐰🐨🐰🐨🐰🐨🐰

-------

🐹🐯🐹🐯🐹🐯🐹

When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them. But if someone is trying to hide their tears, it may also be noble to pretend you did not notice them.

Thus, Seokjin tried to quietly move away from the beautiful blue haired man who, quite honestly, had stolen his favorite spot near the Han River (a bench in a sort of outpost that felt like being inside the river but still maintaining privacy due to the tall bushes that protected the place from prying eyes ... really a great place to go crying), but as he walked backwards a twig cracked and the sound attracted the other’s attention to him.

“D-did you-” there was a pause while the man in front of him made a disgusting wet noise of nose fluids being right back in “Did you finally come to drink me dry, Lestat?”

A man whose first interaction with you is to reference Interview with a Vampire, is certainly a man to keep tabs on. At least in Seokjin’s book.

“Only if you act like that depressed basic that Louis was” Seokjin scoffed, looking away in the direction of the sunset to give the other an opportunity to compose himself. A wet chuckle had Seokjin turning his face back towards the other.

"I'm sorry...I think my blood will taste like radishes and sadness" the blue haired flashed him a small and shy boxy smile. Seokjin felt his heart and knees want to give in. Luckily, the other patted down the bench by his side in a clear invitation to be joined by him.

"Eww...no pretty face is worth that sour taste in my mouth...so I'll spare you this once" said Seokjin as his face contorted into an exaggerated expression of disgust. “How’d you know about my radish weakness anyway?”

“I knew I was right all along!” the gleam that spread through the younger’s eyes had Seokjin wishing he could help bring that back for good, but before his thoughts strayed farther away, the blue haired was talking again “Guess I won’t undie to see us killing, adopting and raising baby vamp Claudia then. Shame.”

"Ah Louis...she would have been beautifully spoiled" Seokjin said as he stared into the sunlight dancing on top of the river "And she'd hate me because she'd forget that you'd been the one who actually killed her, placing the blame in me and deep down she’d also know that you'd love me more than her, because come on, everybody falls in love with Lestat and-" Seokjin knew he was getting fired up "Sorry...I’m being over the top, am I not? Humor is my coping mechanism when I don’t know what else to do…"

"You're doing great really" the other patted his knee in reassurance “I feel better already” and, to prove his point, he showed Seokjin the biggest smile he could provide. Just the smallest bit forced.

“That’s better. With a face like yours, you should only cry of joy. Why were you crying anyway?” containing his curiosity over other people’s lives was never something Seokjin tried to control, he always meant well, so there was no real reason why not to throw himself into solving his friends’ (and unknown people’s) problems, right?

“I- humm- I’m just overwhelmed with college and I thought I was going to get started with one of my final projects today, but” he paused as if trying to find the words while staring at the cellphone in his hand like it had personally killed all his family “My model had to cancel...last minute. Important personal business, y’know. He wouldn’t have cancelled if it wasn’t important, I’m sure” his voice, which started strong, went thinner and thinner as if trying to convince himself more so than to give Seokjin an answer.

“Well, if it’s a model you need, look no further!” Seokjin said as he put each of his fists in his waist, giving his best side smile while tilting his head ever so slightly to the side in the best Superman pose to ever be displayed (cry your heart out, Henry Cavill). “I’m Kim Seokjin, by the way” he finished, pretending to run his fingers through his hair.

“Wow!” the other said (and that was precisely the type of impact Seokjin always went for and always got) “I’m also a Kim!” he sounded as that was enough of a reason for them to automatically be friends “Kim Taehyung...and oh my god! You have such perfect proportions! It would be perfect for my project!”

“Damn right. Because I’m what? Sickening, beech!”

The snickered laugh Taehyung tried to contain was followed by him asking “So...would you do me the honor of being my model, Seokjin-hyung?”

“Oh!” Seokjin’s fake display of shock shocked a total of 0 humans “Don’t tell anyone i’m being kind to you, it would ruin my reputation. But yes. I'll help you” he sighed as if greatly defeated “What’s up with this me saving baby gays left and right?” He said to himself getting up and shaking his to get the small specks of dust to go away.

“Maybe you’re trying to climb your way into gay heaven?” Taehyung mused as he got up as well.

“Who knows?”

The spectacle of the purplish sunset was over, their fingers were starting to feel numb from the cold, but that did not deter the exchange of numbers that followed.

...And so the plot thickens.


Enjoy the NamKook Playlist (consider this as a playlist Jungkook would make by the end of the story to summarize his and Namjoon’s relationship):

Aanysa x Snakehips - Burn Break Crash

Conan Gray - Crush Culture

Katy Perry - Thinking Of You

Jiwoo - Comme des Garçons

Kim Petras - Do Me

Troye Sivan - What a Heavenly Way to Die

LANY - ILYSB