The Dimpled Squad

Kollege Soul Affair

 

(23:58) Existencial_Void

Hey, you up?

(23:59) Music_Meow

I’m a creature of the night

Course I’m awake.

What’s up?

(00:00) Existencial_Void

Y’know...Still adjusting back to that single life.

Not having him in my life anymore kinda

Mostly because of the disrupted daily routine

Wow. I just sounded like the biggest on the planet

(00:00) Music_Meow

That’s my title and I’ll fight you for it

Also

Don’t beat yourself up

U knew that was a long time coming

and the best for both of you

And...it’s been two months...u gotta let that guilt go some of these days

How was the first day?

(00:01) Existencial_Void

Good, I guess. I found a way to earn those “teaching experience” points

It’s gonna take me awhile to get around the bureaucracy tho

And...remember that day I had to buy supplies for the party?

(00:03) Music_Meow

Niceu

Yeah…? what about it?

Also, you bought the worst vodka there was to buy

congratulations, you failed in life

(00:04) Existencial_Void

YOU KNOW I DON’T DRINK!

How was I supposed to know about the no-female-named-vodka rule?

And...I met a cute guy at the store

(00:04) Music_Meow

NOW YOU KNOW!

Tell me the deetz!

All I’ve manage to meet was a player

and a bratty kid who stole my lamb bread!!!!!

(00:05) Existencial_Void

Oh no!

Not the lamb bread!

Wanna go out for ramen?

I miss you bud

(00:05) Music_Meow

Ur the one who moved out!

But sounds good

Same place, same time?

(00:06) Existencial_Void

Meet you there.

-----------

Jungkook liked to believe that after so many hours playing video games, he’d become some sort of stealth master but when he heard Hoseok’s toneless and quiet voice asking “Hey...did you perchance eat my powdered donuts?”, he started reevaluating his abilities. But far be it from him to own up to his mistakes and grow from them. He did the next best thing and shamelessly lied “...No...” with his mouth still full of donuts.

“Oh really? Then, what’s that white powder all over your jeans and face?” Hoseok had crossed his arms in front of his body and tilted all his weight to his left side, plastering a condescending smile on his face while lifting one of his eyebrows. Daring his best friend to come up with a believable excuse.

A long minute passed them by before Jungkook answered the first thing that came to his mind (which is forever going to be something very stupid) “....Umm...that’s …” Maybe he should get a new brain-to-mouth filter.

The moment that came out of his mouth, Hoseok pinched the bridge of his nose as if concentrating all his remaining willpower to think of reasons why killing the younger would be a bad thing. Jungkook saw the dancer scanning their leaving room before he spoke up again. “What happened?” Hoseok’s voice was demanding, blunt and straight to the point. “Did you do something stupid?”

“Why do you think something happened?” Jungkook was weakly trying to deflect the question by staring at his phone in his hand and not looking in his friend’s eyes “And why do you assume I’d done something stupid?! You cut me deep, Hobi. You cut me real deep just now”

“Oh, stop it with the cartoon quotes.” that earned a roll of eyes from Hoseok “And I know something’s up because it’s the first Wednesday night of the semester with Fresher’s Week’s parties starting today and you’re here watching that hairdresser’s videos on YouTube again while stuffing your face with my cheat treats. That could never be a good sign.”

“I could just really enjoy watching a professional make fun of people who decided to bleach and ruin their own hair at home. It’s all based on facts and professional knowledge, y’know?” Jungkook tried holding eye contact with Hoseok as if to prove his point “Okay...okay...stop giving me that judgemental y stare of yours...it’s just...it’s been a tough first couple of days and I haven’t made any friends yet”.

In Jungkook’s mind, flashes of the past three days were shown as proof that he was already failing this grown up stuff. On his very first day, he had to stay in line for approximately 5 hours just to get his student’s ID card that would give him access to the library and other university facilities. Then he had to wait another hour or so to activate his gym membership pass. Through it all, he had barely exchange more than a couple of words with his peers.

He had wanted to talk to others in line with him, but everyone seemed to already know each other and he felt like the odd one out. Which didn’t make any sense, since most of the people were freshmen much like Jungkook himself, but his brain was nothing if not stubborn and it had already decided that everyone was actively avoiding talking to him. That had filled the tightness in his chest, it felt like a really intense workout just to get a few words to fall from his clenched jaw. Not that anyone who didn’t know him well would have picked up on that. He had spent a long while replaying every scene of that first day over and over in his mind, obsessing over every little detail and which things he could have said or done differently. All options now seemed way better than the things he'd actually said and done.

The second day hadn’t been much better. His classes really started then and the amount of students and the size of the auditorium had overwhelmed him a bit: his History of Art class had at least 100 students! Granted it was a class for both people from his Visual Arts degree and from the Performing Arts as well. By the end of the third day he already had an enormous amount of reading to do. Jungkook had already complained about all this to Hoseok, so he just pouted at his best friend.

“You should join a club! Come to the dance club with me Kookie...we have cookies...get it?” Hoseok was laughing about his own terrible joke before he was even finished. He used to have better skills than to resort to making puns with Jungkook's nickname before he started university... wonder whatever happened to those . But Jungkook felt happy that the other was being silly just to cheer him up.

“No, thanks, hyung. As much as I enjoy dancing, I only have time for one extracurricular activity this semester and I was looking for something related to singing.” He cleaned his face up and continued “I’m sorry I ate your sweets...I just needed a boost” Jungkook could have left it at that, Hoseok’s gaze had already soften up to him, but that boy’s got zero skills at not being a ty brat “Also, I wanna make friends on my own. I don't wanna just steal all your friends with all my awesomeness. Also also, you should thank me. Those donuts weren’t even that good...you shouldn’t be so cheap with the sweets you buy for us” That earned him a headlock. Well-deserved.

-----------

“You got any clothes that need washing, Kookie?” Hoseok had asked after they had had dinner “I’m already almost out of clean sweatpants...gonna try doing a load of laundry downstairs”.

Turns out Jungkook had a few items to wash, but Hoseok didn’t mind throwing them to wash alongside his own clothes. He went down to the first floor with the elevator and took the stairs down to the underground area where the washing equipment was located. Two rolls of washing machines positioned back to back and one roll of dryers stacked on top of each other. At first it felt weird to do laundry on the basement like that, but it was better to get butchered by It, the Thing than to walk outside during winter just to do laundry.

Hoseok put his headphones on and started to slowly and sensually dance to Feeling Myself  by Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé while loading the washing machine ( male or female, it makes no difference...his body movements can stop the world until he told it to carry on ) . There was nobody downstairs and no other washing machine was running, so whenWet by Flowsik feat. Jessi started playing, he didn’t think twice about pulling his shirt off and throwing in the machine as well.

He was considering taking his pants out as well to get everything cleaned all at once. He might have a bit of an exhibitionist kink, but he was wearing dancing shorts underneath his sweatpants - much like that Jimin kid wore . Hoseok smiled at that recollection. He was glad The Pack had decided to accept all three dancers that had auditioned, even if they were only planning for two. Telling the newbies the group's decision was going to be his job and he always loved spreading good news.

Hoseok was lost in thought when he felt a pair of eyes on his back. He saw a white reflection on the door of the dryer and decided to be a tease. He took his pants down taking all the time he could to make it look as sinful as possible while still dancing, only this time to Special Affair by The Internet. He made sure to work his hips. Good thing his one way ticket to hell had already been bought and paid for, one less thing to worry about.

After the song was finished, Hoseok decided to turn around and see if his audience was still there. Sure as his joining Satan after his demise, 4A was still there. His neighbor was holding a laundry basket and a backpack on the ground near his feet, but he didn’t seem fazed nor impressed by what he had just witnessed. That’s a first . Hoseok smirked and said “Enjoyed the show?”

“Certainly…” 4A sarcastically deadpanned “...will enjoy it even more when you go deaf. You might be a ert, but at least you have good taste in music. Guess there is a silver lining to everything”. 4A bowed down to get his backpack from the floor “Guess my near-midnight Wednesday wash will have to wait. Don’t wanna be here when you decide those shorts should be taken off as well”

“Are you already imagining me , 4A? That could be easily arranged” Hoseok wasn’t ashamed of his body “You haven’t told me your name yet”

“And I’m not planning on doing it at any given moment” the other male was already turning on his heels.

“Can I borrow that pen?” Hoseok just wasn’t gonna let the conversation die down so easily, so he held onto the first thing that came to his mind and that was the pen tucked on the other’s left ear. Using his best puppy eyes he continued “I need to write down something real quick before I forget”.

“Ugh...fine, I guess” 4A had said, handing the pen over.

Hoseok tried scribbling down on his hand before he said “It doesn’t work”. He would have to thank his drama friends for teaching him how to give such great performances.

“Yeah, it does. I was just using it a moment ago”. His prey was sounding angrier by the minute and was probably not aware of Hoseok’s plot.

“Oh really?” Hoseok was employing his most flirtatious tone of voice “Then how about you try writing your number here. We can do no names” Hoseok offered his arm to the other, who only scoffed.

“Honestly not the worst I’ve ever heard, but you’d have to do so much better than that” his neighbor lifted one very unimpressed eyebrow, collected his basket of dirty laundry and his beg and his heels to leave the room without sparing another glance at Hoseok, which didn’t stop him from retorting.

“Nice! That means I only have to work harder and that I still have a chance. Lucky for you, I like a challenge” Hoseok winked even though he knew the other wouldn’t see it, but apparently he managed to make that very clear with his tone of voice because he heard 4A hiss. Just like a cat...wonder what would it take to make him purr .

Hoseok put his headphones back on and turned around, by the beeping sound of the washing machine, it was already time to take the clothes out and put them to dry. He fumbled with the coin and dropped it before putting it on the new machine - because he was caring all his clothes at once. Why do things in an orderly manner when you can try to rush it and it up?

He finished loading the dryer then squatted to look for the coin (when you are a broke college student you can’t afford to lose a single penny), that was when he saw an envelope near the place where his neighbor’s backpack had been. He took the coin and the envelope, used the first to pay for the drying and checked what was on the inside of the latter. A flash drive with a white ribbon tied to it and a business card, not the most impressive one, but it was kinda classy. The card was dark grey, there was the silhouette of a cat on the top left side and “Suga” written on the bottom right. Turning it around there was a cellphone number and no other information.

Gotcha .

-----------

What is it with universities and long queues? If someone asked, Jungkook wouldn’t be sure how he ended up in another almost hour-long line on Friday around lunch time. Hell, when he got in line he wasn’t even sure about what it was about, only to find out it was for free pizza. Beggars can't be choosers, in line he stayed.

At least the university’s radio station was playing Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber’s new release. Jungkook was weak for both of them. I don’t care if people might be staring...nobody’s even looking at me in my eyes.

“Yo yo yo, Loey over here! Did y’all miss me over the break? I know you did” the radio host laughed a bit “I have something new for you today. You know I’m a very confident gay with no problem showing my emotions and I’m about to get sappy, so bear with me” there was a dramatic pause “This next song is something I came up with myself as a gift to a very special someone at the culinary department for a very special date. I hope he enjoys it. This one’s for you, babe”

The song that started playing had a chill summer vibe. It was the kind of music Jungkook could imagine himself listening to while watching the sunset at the beach and it spoke of love enduring the changes of seasons, from the cherry blossoms in spring till the cold of winter, growing stronger because of the adversities. It’d sure be nice to have someone like that .

After the song ended, Loey started out again, but this time it felt like he was talking to only one person even if his voice came out of every loudspeaker across campus “Did you like it babe? I hope you did. It wasn’t easy keeping this hidden from you. Thank you for balancing me out and keeping me grounded. I've loved you from day one, ever since you spit water right at my face. I fell in love with you out of spit! Happy one year anniversary. You mean the world to me and I fall in love deeper and deeper with you the longer you put up with me.” Apparently laughing came easily to this Loey guy, but this time it sounded like it was coming straight from his heart “Okay, wow...that was even sappier than I thought it would turn out to be. Time to balance it out with some hardcore rap by our local mysterious rapper - whom, might I add, I know personally” Jungkook could hear the smirk on the guy's voice as he made ghost noises “Here we go with some Never Mind by Agust D”

“Wow...that’s like an 180 from the song he was playing before”. Jungkook had this habit of speaking his thoughts out loud without even realizing it, that was why he was so surprised when he heard a voice from behind saying “I know right! And nobody’s even seen this D guy, he doesn’t perform live...but with that soothing little daddy voice of his I bet he’s hot as hell”

When Jungkook turned around he was met with a bright, big and boxy smile that somehow seemed familiar. It took a while for his brain to work it out, but when it did “TIGER CUB GUY! It’s you, isn’t it? Wow! Your hair’s blue now” he shouted and pointed like he suddenly had won a detective board game.

“I’m so flattered you remember me” his honeyed low voice said while he bowed down like a prince from a Disney movie “As much as I like being known as ‘ tiger cub guy’ -grrrow! I happen to have a name, you know. It’s Kim Taehyung, at your disposal, my fair human being acquaintance...you’re human right?”

“Since last time I checked, yeah. 100% human...”

“Sadly so...I have this bet going on that I’ll be the first to befriend alien life. If I win, my best friend will have to share an eight-course insect meal with me. It’s gonna be awesome! What’s your name?” his rambling connected different points of conversation like all of them were clearly related.

Jungkook squinted his eyes. Maybe this guy was a little too out of his mind to  be safe to befriend him “Jungkook. Jung Jungkook that is.”

“Before a play another song, let me just make a quick announcement. And no, I’m not gonna declare my feelings to my squishy boyfriend again. Although I love you, babe.” The radio host really is whipped for his boyfriend and laughed before picking back up on the subject “Alright, back on track before I embarrass him too much and my ears suffer the consequences later. This one goes out specially for the people on our prestigious art department. I know many of you can or have to get credits with choir activities… sooooooo….there’s this new project a dear friend of mine is trying to launch, which envisions to bring music, philosophy and literature together. Did I or didn’t I just sound super smart by using those fancy words?” There was a scoff that clearly did not come from Loey “I’m gonna let him introduce his ideas briefly for those interested”

“Thanks, Loey. RM here guys. What can I tell you about this project of mine…” there was a pause as if he was looking for the best words to let his feelings show and Jungkook felt kind of entranced, like he had heard that disembodied husky voice before “...Well, my number one motivation is to get people to try new things. It's going to be a joint effort between me, Loey and another one of our friends, Lay. We aspire to use music as a means to make people learn how to listen to each other and to their own feelings. If you’re interested, the first meeting is going to take place today at 4pm at the choir room, which is pretty close to the dance studios, for those who aren’t familiar with the campus yet”

“Bear in mind, guys, this is not restricted to art students.” The host and his guest gave a few more details that Jungkook was writing down on his cellphone. This sounded like the type of activity that came with his name written over it.

“Who even came up with that expression?! Is not like a bear could ever fit inside my brain”. Taehyung was a lost cause. Jungkook liked him already.

“It probably came up when there were lots of wild bears around and you had to be careful while walking around”. At least Jungkook was pretty sure that was how the expression came to be.

“That makes so much sense!” Taehyung’s eyes were wide as plates. “You’re quite smart...so! My new non-alien friend, are you going to this meeting as well to see what they are up to?”

“Y-you going as well?” even if Jungkook wasn’t feeling like going, being addressed as someone’s friend appealed highly to him and this was his first opening in talking to another student, he wasn’t going to let it slide between his fingers.

“Sure! I need credits and it sounds easy enough to get those. I can’t be as lazy as I was last year.” Jungkook was gonna ask how old ten other was and what he  studied, but he couldn’t get a word out before Taehyung blurted in all seriousness “You know what has always bugged me? The thought that as Andy grew older, all of his toys had to sit motionless and watch him e...they were probably so traumatized and relieved to be donated to someone new.”

A really serious conversation about Disney and Pixar movies followed that. Jungkook gathered really important information about his new friend, like how he thought of himself as Timon, which only brought them closer since Jungkook was always considered Simba by his friends from school. "That means you were raised by a vegetarian gay couple and I was one of your dads!". A great start to a friendship.

-----------

The first thing Jungkook heard, upon arriving at the place where the first ever meeting of the Glee club would take place, were electric guitar strings being softly played. It sounded very similar to the song the radio host had played that day at the Pizza Rant. That song hadn’t left Jungkook's brain and he wasn’t sure if he loved it or hated it, either way he started humming to it immediately.

Passing through the door he saw this guy sitting at the front of the class with a yellow guitar covered in red hearts. His jacket was at least two sizes too big and the man already looked like a giant's offspring, so Jungkook imagined that could fit at least three normal sized humans in them.

The purple jacket was sliding off his shoulders letting the bright orange from it's inside peek through. Jungkook could see the outline of the other man's arms and chest as he was wearing a really tight black tank top with black skinny jeans that were so ripped at the knees, they were a wash away from turning into common shorts. His black cap didn't allow Jungkook to see his face as the other was looking down on his instrument, but it let cute yoda-like ears out on full display.

Even without knowing this person, Jungkook had a good feeling about him. He looked really cute and soft albeit being a muscle pig like Jungkook himself. Maybe he could score a date or a gym buddy, whichever was fine really.

The second guy was so absorbed by the piano he was softly playing, that he almost mixed with the background. This one was wearing a cozy looking red cardigan on top of a simple white button down with dark blue trousers. He stopped playing the piano and Jungkook thought it was because he had been caught staring, but this man was staring at the light like he was dissociating from reality. Cute stoner realness.

A few other students started getting in the choir room, tiger cub guy-Taehyung approached the chair where Jungkook was and sat himself down with a smile. “Who do you think those two are? I bet one’s Lay and the other RM...or maybe RM and Loey...what kind of names are those anyways?”

“Really weird ones if you ask me” Jungkook whispered back “I wonder if the third one is gonna show up anytime soon”

They didn’t have to wait for much longer. The back door behind the piano suddenly opened up. Framed by the door, there stood a really tall figure with RayBan sunglasses, a white button down and a black tie that had some sort of glitter in its material, both loose around the neck. The pants this tall glass of water (Jungkook was all of a sudden verythirsty) wore had a classical cut, but the fabric seemed to shimmer just as much as the tie. The oversized purple coat matched Yoda-guy's one.

Jungkook’s eyes were glued to this not so strange person, he was sure his mouth was opened on a small ‘o’ shape with his tongue peeking out a little. God! I wanna climb that piece of legs like a tree. Jungkook was a little shook by his own desperation and how true that thought was. Distracted by that and also because said tree was wearing sunglasses inside (what kind of loser even does that?!), Jungkook didn’t notice those intense eyes set on him.

What happened next was so quick, if one blinked the action would've been missed. Treebeard-guy had his chin up, moved inside the room too quickly (probably embarrassed for being late for his own project) and didn’t notice wires connecting the guitar to the amplifier all over the floor. He tripped and went down hard pulling Yoda-guy with him to the floor. Yoda-guy was overreacting and whining in pain, but safely protecting his guitar from hitting the ground. Shaggy Rogers-guy was still staring at the light and moved his face comically slow to what had just happened.

All students were either in shock with what happened or trying to stifle giggles. Not Taehyung, though. That one was pointing, holding his belly, cackling and thrashing around like a headless chicken. Jungkook wanted to go over and help the other two males up from the floor, but before he could they were already on their feet trying to appear dignified in front of their students. Sure, let’s pretend that never happened.

“I’m Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Xing or Lay if you’d like”. Shaggy Rogers-guy was the first to speak.  He had looked stoned not a minute before, but now this guy’s eyes were focused and he was serious “While all of us have extensive experience with song writing, I think we have sufficiently different styles to accommodate most of your needs. I have more experience with dancing and playing the piano”

“Park Chanyeol at your disposal. I go by Yeol with friends and I’m sure you know my public persona, Loey the radio host.” Exactly how big was this Yoda’s ego to assume everybody knows him “I can barely dance to save my life. But I play a ton of instruments and I sing and rap”

“You can call me artist!” Treebeard-guy was the last, he was also the one Jungkook had met a few day ago at the convenience store, and he turned bright red “I-I mean...that was supposed to be a joke... and it definitely sounded better in my head” how can a human look so cute while scratching his neck “I’m just Namjoon. Kim Namjoon that is. I go by RM as well...I mostly rap, since I can’t properly sing...and I write lyrics”

The three mentors smiled huge dimpled smiles at their prospect new students. Upon seeing that, another one of Jungkook’s four remaining brain cells died. He’s ed.

-----------

(17:02) Thirstae:

CHIM!

CHIMCHIM!

CHIMINIE PABO!

CHIMPMUNKS!

CHIMOTHY!!!

My dearest beloved soulmate to whom my heart belongs

<3

(17:02) Chimmy.Choo:

oh...hey Taetae

what up?

<3

(17:03) Thirstae:

U petty bish

-.-”

I’m joining a club this year as well!

:D

(17:04) Chimmy.Choo:

u know me 2 well

;*

That’s great! Which club is it?

(17:05) Thirstae:

A…

drum rolls please…

(17:07) Chimmy.Choo:

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrum-roll!

<3

(17:07) Thirstae:

Close enough

<3

A glee club!

(17:07) Chimmy.Choo:

OMG!

u finally gonna let the Kurt Hummel in you bless this desolated planet with its full force

I’m here for this!

come through mama!

<3

(17:08) Thirstae:

Thx

<3

Too bad the Blaine to my Kurt won’t be there with me

3

(17:08) Chimmy.Choo:

:(

‘m sorry

3

u know I still love you right bro?

<3

hurry up home to tell me all

(17:09) Thirstae:

I know bro

<3

On my way already

;)