Down with the monarchy!

Kollege Soul Affair

What a beautiful day this was. Faint chirping of birds, golden rays of sunshine shedding light on dewdrops over green grass. That was how Jungkook dreamed the day he would move out of his parents and into adulthood (*cough* college *cough*) was going to be like. Reality was something else entirely.

There were no blue skies today, only a rough grey blanket that blocked out any possible sunlight that would dare come close to the Earth's surface. There were no birds chirping, only crows cawing. There was water alright, but not as dewdrops, more as inconstant rain that would come and go alongside a cold wind that would penetrate inside any layers of clothing. Jungkook wasn't wearing that many to begin with: torn up black jeans (that would make his look y-hage, but if asked he'd say he picked those cause they were comfy), timberland boots, a white t-shirt, an oversized green coat and a bright red beanie that covered all his honey brown hair.

The gloom of the day was reflecting on Jungkook's mood - meaning he was feeling more bratty than usual and he now regrets staying up all night playing video games, cause instead of looking fresh and young and beautiful, he knew he looked beaten up with dark circles under his eyes and a pout on his lips. Well, if guilt was his, he would like to pin it on something external to himself. He was just so excited about leaving his hometown behind, about moving in with his best friend, whom he had barely seen over the course of last year - since Hoseok was already living in Seoul and attending university there.

To sum up: he was too restless to sleep, so he spent the night playing league of legends.

When he got to the train station with his parents some tears were shed - he has some emotional depth in him after all, not much to be clear...just the bare minimum to be considered a human. The thing is that he couldn't handle more than one emotion at a time and he had chosen today to be a happy day, so no more tears.

This is it, he thinks, this is the moment I finally get my freedom! He stood there by himself waiting for his train to arrive while imagining all the cool people he would meet and all the awesome things he would do. He got inside his designated wagon feeling giddy, regardless of the weather.

The trip was uneventful and he listened to music the whole time. Other passengers complained about the noise he was making while singing along to the lyrics of one of his favorite songs (“Spread spread spread my wings...La la la la la la, la la la la la la...Wings are made to fly fly fly”). He shushed down a bit still he believed every word in the lyrics about being time to be brave!

--------------

Hoseok could now share some piece of wisdom with his future kids: ripped skin tight black jeans can make you get laid pretty easily, but they are also one of the greatest walk of shame statement of all times. He doesn’t regret his fashion choices of the night before thought: loose and flowy white dress shirt (that would show his abs any time he brought his hands above his head, which he did often because he just wants to see the world burn), the sinful aforementioned pair of jeans and shiny black shoes.

On his first year of college, Jung Hoseok made exactly one smart decision, which was joining the dance club, to compensate for all the bad ones he'd made, like: oh, let's go live in the dorms to get the full college experience. One example of how bad that can go should be enough warn anyone against it: freshmen's week + tons of cheap booze + shared bathroom + disgusting flatmates = a bathroom covered in vomit that the staff refused to clean. Now that he was wiser, he wouldn't wish that on his worst enemy. Not that he had any. Everybody would instantaneously fall in love with his bright and cheerful personality.

The night prior to this walk of shame of his, there had been a dancing competition between some universities and his group had won it. Everyone was so ecstatic that they decided to go out clubbing with the trophy (which they lost, how can they be so dumb?!). The thing about being an almost professional dancer is that you don't actually enjoy the dancing all the much, what with having to memorize all the dance moves and being synchronized with others. It is fun, but it’s also a job, which automatically makes it a little bit less fun. Thus, sometimes it just feels good to go out and dance with your soul and let the music move your body however it wants to.

Clubbing makes all the synapses in Hoseok's brain jump like beans in a tin. He couldn't feel more alive than now. Dancing is his drug and as the night progressed he got higher and higher until his mind buzzed with pure joy (alcohol might have helped a little, don't judge him). That night in special, he felt like his skin was glowing, like his aura was visible to everyone: he was proud of having had a solo (however small) in the routine they presented for the competition.

When the DJ played Thirsty, bodies started grinding on each other, trembling, breathes getting hot. Hoseok was feeling like he couldn't hold himself back anymore, not in the slightest. His heartbeat had become faster, he was losing patience and rationality pretty fast. He was terribly thirsty and a tall glass of on legs was just what he desired.

Hoseok caught a glimpse of the cute DJ’s assistant’s white hair before he became aware of Hwasa twerking in front of him while he was being simultaneously held by a rutting Jongin behind him. His dance club members (much like himself) were clubbing like that was the last night on Earth, the music moved their bodies as puppets on strings, brains in shut down mode, only sensations allowed. There was a fire in Hoseok’s soul that kept him dancing all night long. A fire in his mouth that could only be put out by another's person's lips in his.

The strobe lights masked many of their movements, it felt like seeing life as a series of pictures. One moment he was leaning his head back on Jongin's chest. The next they were passionately kissing. Members making out was something to be expected when they would go out dancing, just as certain as they would make out with random strangers. No feelings attached, no complications afterwards. Hoseok likes taking the lead in situations like this, so he whispered in the other’s ear “Your place. Let’s go Nini”.

The whole affair was precisely like how Hoseok had imagined it would go down: quick and impatient, both wanting to feel the same intoxicating energy they'd felt when they were announced as the winners of the competition. Good thing about having with other dancers: the flexibility and the self-awareness of what makes your body feels good are a given, other than just the known sensual facial expressions. Hoseok smirked, he was just happy he wasn’t going to be the one limping today.

He was lazyly enjoying his walk back home not minding the judgmental looks he was getting, he even stopped to get some coffee and Ragusa filled croissants to eat. He took notice of what time it was when he passed by the bus stop. 11 am. Not too late for a Sunday.

Wait! Sunday! 11am! Jungkook! !

Looks like a couple of Hoseok’s brain cells came out of their hibernation mode.

--------------

Jungkook is mad. His cellphone's dead due to his idiotic thinking that it would be okay to listen to music and play games during a 3 hour long train ride with a non-fully charged battery (why didn't he plug the damn thing the night before?! Useless, he's just useless) and now he couldn't reach his friend to let him know just how irritated he was.

He’s prepared the tantrum he will throw when Hoseok finally gets to the train station. He “woke up” early to catch the first train from Busan at 7am because Hobi had reassured him time and time again that he would get him at the train station. He didn’t know how to move around Seoul on his own yet and Hobi had chosen not to tell him their new address to surprise him with how good of a hyung he could be.

He was sitting on a bench moving his legs back and forth, feeling like a lost child at the mall, hungry but not wanting to eat just yet, if he did part of his anger would melt away and he wanted to go full rage on his so called best friend. Another guy who looked to be around his age came pushing his fancy looking suitcase and sat at the other end of the bench.

His face was so clearly well rested and smooth, like a porcelain doll. He had thick beautiful eyebrows, a really symmetrical face with a thin chin and ears that were sticking out of his hat. One of his eyes was double lidded, the other were a monolid. Jungkook supposed that would be the equivalent of heterochromia iridis for the eyelids... What?! He's an intellectual! He knows those things! Also, his cat back home had that thing in his eyes.

Jungkook only realized he was staring when he caught the other one staring right back at him with a gigantic squared smiled that melted Jungkook's inside a bit. He mumbled a shy “Sorry” and looked away. Apparently this guy was an eye contact wizard, he had gotten his freaking eye contact Master's degree, because now that he was staring back, he wouldn't let Jungkook's eyes go anywhere, which was making the latter slightly uncomfortable and extremely shy.

“Are you new to the city?” Hot guy asked really sweetly with a deep voice that made Jungkook think of melted chocolate. A couple seconds later, Jungkook closed his mouth (which was agape due to him being stunned) and answered “Is it that obvious?”.

“Kind of. You look like a lost boy”. Great, just great Jungkook thinks, but what he poutingly says is: “You don't look older than me...you beautifully dressed tiger cub!” It was meant to come out as mockering because the other was wearing a leopard printed jacket (that Jungkook didn't know how to differentiate from a tiger), but the laughter the other let out and the random follow up question he asked (“Speaking of animals: if they could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest of them all?”, the answer to that was deers - “They just pretend to be cute but walk around the forest like princes, have you not seen Bambi?! They're elitist little heads! Down with the monarchy!” tiger cub guy screamed in the  middle of the station), made it clear he didn't take it that way.

They stayed there talking after the shock of meeting someone so nice and pretty had washed over Jungkook. This other guy was pretty funny! Someone Jungkook would like to have as a friend so they could wreak havoc during their college years, which would earn him cool stories to tell in the future.

Then suddenly the other guy's phone rang. “Ah Jiminie! You're already out waiting for me? Ain't you my own prince charming? Okay, I'll meet you there”. Well, thank heavens Jungkook didn't get his hopes up with this guy, cause apparently he already had someone, also he wasn't sure he could last very long if the other spoke to him with that melodious  laughing voice of his. “I have to go. It was nice talking to you. See you around”, tiger cub boy said before getting up and leaving.

Only then did Jungkook noticed it was 11am. He'd been talking with this guy for one hour! And he was so dumb he didn't think of asking his name. Great. Now he would never see this stranger ever again. Amazing. And Hobi was nowhere to be seen. Awesome. Someone's gonna die.

--------------

Hoseok fled with precipitation along the streets that led to his new apartment. He needed to get his train pass so that he could go fetch Jungkook from the train station and he was already an hour late, it would take him at least another 30 min to get there. Oh boy, he would never be able to live this down. He heard the sound of the elevator reaching the entrance level and yelled "Hold the door", before closing his eyes a bit and running as fast as he could. Whoever was inside didn't keep the door opened for him and he almost didn't get in.

He got inside the elevator and came into sudden and violent contact with someone holding a pile of boxes so high he couldn't have seen the person's face, only the white hair that crowns it.

In the mess of interlaced limbs, Hoseok was having a hard time identifying his own so that he could get up. He looked down and saw a keychain much like the one he had, but in it was written a 4A, so this person would be his upstairs neighbor. Great way of making a good first impression by scattering their belongings on the elevator floor. Nice job Hobi, you're truly amazing, he sighed.

When he looked up he saw that the white hair served as a frame for a small round face with thick, low set brows that were pulled down together; small, triangular, stone-cold puppy-eyes that were glaring at him like they would cut him to shreds; a button nose that was scrunched up showing distaste (oh well, to be fair Hoseok hadn’t showered before leaving Nini’s place and he had run quite a bit); not too thick nor too thin lips that were tightly closed with the red margins of the lips becoming narrower by the second; and a fair complexion that had red all over it. To summarize: an angry expression sending a clear signal: “Back off, I am prepared to attack”. Which was kind of funny considering it was coming from someone shorter than Hoseok himself, but it was nonetheless frightening for those with a functioning brain - which clearly isn't Hobi's case.

Instead of self-preservation thoughts, what went through Hoseok’s brain was: I want a piece of that. He clearly has a death kink, and so he said smiling his the brightest smile he could manage (nobody has been able to resist this yet): “Sorry 4A...I didn't mean to make this mess out of your stuff. It's just that I'm moving in to 3A, y'know the apartment Below you, with my best friend and it's gonna be amazing...and I’m actually late to go fetch him at the train station”.

The other male didn’t seem fazed by his cuteness attack for he only huffed and didn't say anything. Hoseok decided to try again by picking up the keys and some of the stuff that had fallen on the ground, making sure to perk his up right at the other’s face. “Name is Hoseok by the way. But everyone calls me Hobi, so you can call me that as well. What's your name?”. The other seemed to be considering if Hoseok was worth killing right then and there, but apparently he decided the clean up would be too much work because he sighed and said: “4A is just fine...and this is your floor, isn’t it?”

Too bad Hoseok was in a hurry and couldn’t botter this slightly smaller hot stranger any longer, so he just winked his iest wink at the other and said “Catch you later, 4A” before he bolted to his door.