Things Change [Part 2]

Everybody loves Jihyo!

 

All Jihyo could say was that she loved her family with all her heart and couldn’t ask for anything better. Sure, Tzuyu blew up and started traveling a lot, but the younger woman had a rule that when she was home with her family, she was home with her family. Tzuyu’s manager took a while to get used to it, the actress would leave her work phone with him and only retrieve it when she met him at the company for her next schedule. It’s been four years since the wedding, five since his talent started going out with the engineer, he might as well have gotten the hang of things.

 

Tzuyu, as it turned out, really did want a family to settle down with, and they had their second child shortly after the wedding, which was a bit rushed because Jihyo found out she was pregnant again about two months after they got engaged. It was a bit of a mess, but their families helped a lot and it all worked in the end. Plus, Dahyun was almost two when her little sister was born, a good age difference between them. Jihyo did get her tubes tied after that, she was absolutely not having a third one, no matter how much her wife complained. And there was a lot of complaining, it still goes on to this day.

 

Alright, now Jihyo had her girls ready to leave for school, Dahyun was always the most excited about going, saying she liked making friends and never failed to hold her sister’s hand until they got to the youngest’s classroom, kissed her sister and hugged her tightly, and only when Yunjin was properly sitting by her little desk was when Dahyun went to her own classroom. Jihyo had been called over a lot when their youngest started attending, but the teachers just learned to accept it and let the Chou girls be. Oh yeah, Tzuyu also officially adopted Dahyun as her own, Jihyo didn’t mind taking the last name, and since there was only one parent registered, it wasn’t much of a hassle for the taiwanese.

 

Right before the three left, Tzuyu came through the door looking absolutely spent. Jihyo knew her wife would be arriving today, but she thought it would be a bit later on. The taller woman, however, didn’t miss a single beat when she saw her girls. The brightest smile appeared on her lips, she immediately discarded her suitcase and scooped her daughters in her arms. Jihyo looked on fondly, but sent a message to the teachers that the girls might be a bit late as their mother just arrived. They ended up being about ten minutes late, which meant they arrived right on time as their older mother always insisted on being early.

 

“Have fun you two, don’t forget to listen to your teacher and play well with your friends.” Tzuyu says as she fixes her daughters uniforms and gives them the biggest hug.

 

“We love you too, mama.” The girls say back, Jihyo had taught them that.

 

“Come here.” The engineer kneels down and hugs their daughters too.

 

The couple waits for them to go in while hugging each other, the youngest was always emotional when she dropped them off. They heard a very familiar anime voice and saw two little blobs rush past them. Sana runs up to the teacher welcoming the kids and hands her the backpacks, before huffing and puffing a bit and then turning. The couple had seen their friend and decided to stay a bit longer and have a quick chat. The lawyer only saw those two when she finally caught her breath, then proceeded to grin, open her arms and rush towards her tall baby. Jihyo, that traitor, took a couple of steps to the side and waited for the hit to laugh. It’s been so long she got used to the lawyer being affectionate, even encouraging her friend to pamper her wife.

 

“You are back!” Sana squealed the moment she got a hold of the actress.

 

“H-hey Sana-unnie.” Tzuyu grunts.

 

“I missed you so much!”

 

“Missed you too.”

 

Jihyo only chuckles, she knew how tight those hugs could get. The korean didn’t laugh for long, however. Sana had released her wife and wrapped her up into a bone-crushing hug. Tzuyu was smirking at it, but there was nothing that Jihyo could do about that. The moment she was released, Jihyo fixed herself a bit and Sana took a step back, still bouncing a little bit. It was always cute when the japanese got excited, especially when she was very happy. 

 

“You guys are coming over for dinner tonight!” Sana declared.

 

“Of course we will.” Tzuyu agreed easily. “I see you got here just in the nick of time.”

 

“I’m about to murder Yoo Jeongyeon and you are going to help me hide the body.” The lawyer huffs.

 

“Is she still making being late a game?” Jihyo knew where her friend was getting at.

 

“You just saw the girls sprinting, of course she is.” Minatozaki Sana pinching the bridge of her nose was never a good sign. “Ryujin took her sweet time coming out of the house and that damn puppy she calls a mother was smirking from the front door.”

 

“Well, just tell me when I should bring a shovel.” Jihyo chuckled. “And I’m sure Chae knows someone who can clean the scene perfectly.”

 

“Oh, she does. And she also intends to kill Yoo Jeongyeon one of these days.”

 

“You know.” Tzuyu interjects thoughtfully. “It still surprises me Jeongieonnie didn’t take Momo-unnie’s last name.”

 

“It surprises me that she even got married.” The computer engineer said. “I never thought she would ever settle down at all, especially Momo.”

 

“Oh, Momo always wanted to get married.” Sana shrugs. “She just thought Jeongyeon should come to that conclusion on her own. They just kept their names because Momo kind of has her career and didn’t want to have to change her brand, Jeong was just too lazy to change all her documents.”

 

“Not that we didn’t know Jeong wasn’t going to come up with something like that.” Tzuyu blurted out.

 

They all laugh for a while, it was always hilarious when she was blunt like that. And she never failed to do it with a clueless expression.

 

“Sana, do you have to work today?” Jihyo decided to ask.

 

“Not really, I do have to go to the office to deliver some papers but that’s about it.”

 

“Alright, then Tzu is yours for the day!” The korean chirps.

 

“Realy?”

“What?”

 

“I’ll be in a meeting the whole day and I know Tzu will just laze around and feel lonely. Might as well have you two spend the day together.”

 

“Alright, gorgeous!” The japanese brightens up and locks their arms together. “You are mine now!”

 

“Can we, at least, have some of that cake from the bakery we all like?” Tzuyu had already given up.

 

“Whatever you want, darling.” Sana agrees promptly.

 

“I’ll leave you both to it, then.” Jihyo says and pulls out her car keys. “I can pick up the kids and we’ll head to the Minatozaki estate right after.”

 

“It’s not an estate!” The woman in question whines.

 

“It’s clearly an estate, don’t even try.” Tzuyu sasses back. “Regardless, take me to your estate so we can play Chaeyoung’s piano and send her a video.”

 

“When is she getting back from tour, by the way?” Jihyo asks as they head to their cars.

 

“In a day or two, Nayeon will have some awards ceremony soon.”

 

“Oh yeah, Tzu will attend something like that as well.” The engineer adds.

 

“You mean we will attend one soon.” The tallest one tries again.

 

“No, I really mean you.” Jihyo counters immediately. “Good try, though.”

 

Sana can only laugh, it’s been like this since they got together. Tzuyu will try and bring Jihyo along everywhere to show her off and her wife will nip it in the bud immediately. It was never not amusing whenever they started with these banters, though. This time Tzuyu knew it was the same award ceremony Nayeon would be attending as well and wanted to show off her wife even more this time. Jihyo had a feeling she wouldn’t like her wife’s intentions, this time more than ever, and was even more adamant when denying her participation. They say their ‘see you laters’ and go on their way. 

 

Jihyo had started a company three years back, she started small but the woman had a gift to find talents and blew up half a year later. Now, Park-Chou Jihyo owns the new tech sensation in South Korea, and spends more time in meetings than actually doing what she loves, but it meant more time for her girls and a better pay, so she wasn’t about to complain. Sana takes Tzuyu to her office, which earns a few stares, but nobody there today was high enough to actually let their curiosity win and approach them. Ridiculous, maybe, but the hierarchy was important to most in the office, many wanna be big lawyers had very fragile egos. Sana always thought it better to just ignore all that.

 

Turned out, the so-called meeting lasted half an hour. Jihyo had been demanded to attend because a big client was demanding answers and wanted those from her directly. Personally, she would have just told them to off, but this one client was the one allowing her to give everyone a nice christmas bonus, so she bit her tongue and went. Turned out, the man just wanted a reason to break contract because his nephew had just graduated and he wanted the kid to do it instead, but Jihyo reviewed all contracts herself alongside the company’s lawyer and knew it would be great for them if the man insisted, the fine was triple the contract’s price. She promptly agreed to the demands, the man signed where he was told to without reading, and now PC Tech turned a profit without having to do the work.

 

PC Tech? Yeah, it sounded ridiculous, but that was Jihyo’s sense of humor. When asked, she just told her wife it was them and hugged her, Tzuyu took nearly an hour to understand it stood for Park-Chou Technologies. With the extra time until she had to go and pick up the kids, Jihyo decided she wanted to do something different and naughty. By this, I mean she went to the hair salon and dyed it wine red. It had been a while since she had any other color besides her natural light brown, and she also knew she was absolutely going to that damn award ceremony with Tzuyu, or else she’d never know peace again.

 

To say the teachers were surprised would be downplaying it, Jihyo always looked good, but red haired Jihyo? If only she wasn’t married to a literal super model. The Chou sisters ran to their mother promptly, but Jihyo had to signal to the other kids to come her way. It was always funny how Mina and Ryujin were such great friends despite being so different, and also how Mina came out so shy given who her mothers were.

 

“Hey auntie Jihyo.”

“Auntie Jyo!”

 

The girls greeted enthusiastically, they had already talked to Dahyun and Yunjin so they didn’t need to greet them again. Jihyo smiled, got down on her knee and opened her arms for a hug. Mina, as always, was the first to rush in, Ryujin took a few seconds longer, she was in that phase where she wanted to look cool, but couldn’t deny herself hugs from her favorite auntie. Dahyun and Yunjin smiled and joined the hug too. It took a moment before Jihyo could talk again, she was being smothered by the girls and loving every second of it. 

 

“Alright, girls.” Jihyo claps her hands for attention. “We are all going to have dinner and play at Mina’s house today!”

 

The girls cheer, Mina does that adorable little stomping she always did when excited, and follow Jihyo to the car like little ducklings. The woman had arrived earlier and found a calm spot, she did need to have a safe place to put each girl on their respective car seats. The minivan earned a lot of jokes from Jeongyeon, but Jihyo stood firm that she made the right decision, and it was proven that she really did when the historian had to pick up all the girls and couldn’t manage with only her sedan. On their way to the Minatozakis, Jihyo took the time to hear all the girls out, even reminding the others to quiet down and pay attention when Mina was talking. The girl was so quiet and gentle that she would just not speak if she felt nobody was listening.

 

Once they did arrive, Jihyo noticed Jeongyeon and Momo weren’t there yet and breathed a sigh of relief. Sure, she loved her friends, but also knew everyone’s surprise at the same time would be a bit much to handle. The kids were a bit rowdy, but listened well. It was cute to see them all holding hands and patiently waiting beside the car until Jihyo took everyone out of their chairs and locked up. Knowing Tzuyu and Sana were already home and waiting for them, the woman didn’t bother knocking and just let the kids run inside, the door was unlocked and waiting for them to arrive.

 

Once Jihyo did get to the living room she didn’t announce her presence, just waited until she was noticed. Tzuyu, as expected, didn't take more than a few seconds to feel her wife’s presence and look up. Seeing the actress getting stunned was something Jihyo thought she needed to take a picture of, but didn’t want to break the moment so she just smiled. Sana, noticing her friend had stopped moving, looked at Tzuyu, then whipped her head towards the direction the younger woman was looking at and also froze. Jihyo had to giggle at that, she expected a reaction but nothing like this, she just got her hair dyed, didn’t even change length or anything.

 

“Sana, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Tzuyu says as she eyed her wife.

 

“Just don’t break anything.” The lawyer says.

 

“Oh, we aren’t going anywhere.” Jihyo stops it right away. “All the kids are here and more people are about to arrive. Also, you can wait until tonight.”

 

“Oh, c’mon!” The actress stomps her feet like a child.

 

“No. And Sana, you are drooling.”

 

With that, Jihyo moves further into the room and takes a seat. It does take a while for the two to stop staring from time to time, but the girls came back to the living room and were drawing while talking to the adults. When Jeongyeon and Momo do get there, they too are stunned at the change, but both recover much faster. It was decided they would be getting take out when Mina got up to show her mama her drawing and tripped on her own feet, falling forward and landing on Ryujin, who was very surprised and started crying. By the time they could calm all the girls down nobody was in the mood to actually cook anything. It was a nice night, Dahyun asked if she could sleep over but gave up when Jihyo told her mama Tzu just got back home and asked if she didn’t want to go back and spend a bit more time with her.

 

“So, about that award thing you want to take me to.” Jihyo prompts when they are alone again.

 

“How about you hold that thought for now.” Tzuyu said, crawling into bed. “It’s been too long since we’ve been together and the girls won’t wake up anytime soon.”

 

“I like that idea.” And what was the older woman going to do? Say no?

 

Next morning both women were too tired, but the life of parents didn’t allow them the luxury of sleeping in, especially when your child was Chou Dahyun, Yunjin was calmer and more considerate than her older sister, but equally energetic. The girls burst through the doors and jumped on their mothers at six am, both women just grunted but didn’t bother trying to get the girls to calm down, they’d learned long ago that it would only aggravate things to tell Dahyun to calm down. Tzuyu might look like nothing was happening, but her wife knew her better and saw how the actress was completely spent. 

 

“C’mon, girls, lets get you both ready for school and then we can have breakfast.” Jihyo says, getting out of bed.

 

“Okay!” Yunjin was always the most agreeable one.

 

“Why? What about mama?” Dahyun, as always, had to question.

 

“Well, mama just got back yesterday. She did her best to play with you, but she is really tired. How about we let mama sleep a bit more and she will come with me to bring you to school.”

 

“Okay.” The eldest is easily convinced and bounds out of the room.

 

Tzuyu was half asleep but she did smile at the whole thing, it always warmed her heart when her girls were near. Jihyo jumped out of bed and made her way to the kitchen, started the kettle so she could make some coffee and went back to check on the girls. Yunjin was halfway through getting dressed, Dahyun was looking very seriously at two pairs of socks, probably trying to decide on which one, as usual. Jihyo just ushered her eldest and went back to their breakfast, passing by her youngest and seeing she was doing just fine. 

 

The family had this morning routine established by now, Jihyo had set the girls’ schedule so they would always wake up earlier than needed. It was a bit annoying on weekends, but she preferred that to whatever Jeongyeon was doing. Tzuyu joined them for breakfast, still looking very tired, but said she wanted to take the girls to school too. Jihyo couldn’t deny her wife and just took her along. She would have to go to the office today but there was enough time to bring her wife back home. Well, that was what the actress hoped, at least. When Jihyo approached the house, she noticed a very familiar car, her wife noticed it too if her stiffness was anything to go by.

 

“No!” Tzuyu says the moment she is out of the car.

 

“I haven’t even said anything yet!” The manager wines.

 

“We had a deal, and I’m off for the rest of this week, at least.” The actress continues protesting.

 

“C’mon, play nice, love.” Jihyo chides gently. “Kimmy oppa must have a good reason to be here.”

 

“Thank you, Jihyo-ssi. I really need to talk to you.” Manager Kim breathes relieved. “Look, it’s about the awards next week, and I’d like to talk to you both.”

 

“I still have some time until I have to be at the office. Come inside, Kimmy oppa.” The computer engineer invites.

 

“Can you both stop calling me Kimmy oppa? Everyone in the agency won’t let me live because of this nickname.”

 

“Not a chance.” Tzuyu smirks, forgetting a bit about her sulking.

 

They make their way to the living room, Jihyo grabs some juice for the other two but just refills her coffee mug. Manager Kim looks nervous, like he has something important to say but doesn’t want to because he knows they won’t really like it. Tzuyu, for the years they’ve worked together, already knows her manager is about to ruin her great day and Jihyo texts her assistant to let him know she’ll be late, she needs to be there and keep her wife in check. Manager Kim looks like he is ready to speak up after a few sips of his juice.

 

“Ready to ruin our days now?” Tzuyu says borely.

“Be nice!” Jihyo chides. “What do you have to tell us, manager Kim?”

 

“You two know the award thing Tzuyu is going to host next week, right?”

 

“Yes, we know the award thing.” The actress raises an eyebrow.

 

“Well, I’ve just got word that Im Nayeon will be your co-host.” He blurts out nervously. 

 

Manager Kim had been there from the beginning, he knew all about these two, about little Dahyunnie as well. Im Nayeon wasn’t much of a welcome presence in this family.

 

“Oh, this is what you’ve been this nervous about?” Tzuyu smiles easily.

 

“Well, since there isn’t any emergency, I’ll be off to work.” Jihyo says, gets up and grabs her mug.

 

“Wait, you two are alright with this?” The man is dumbfounded.

 

“She is a ghost of marriages past.” The computer engineer throws over her shoulder as she leaves. “It’s not like she even really liked me to begin with. Plus, family registry sys Dahyun is Tzuyu’s daughter and nobody will ever question that, because they indeed are mother and daughter.”

 

The tone was very definitive, Tzuyu felt giddy, she always did when Jihyo talked like that about their family. Manager Kim was a bit afraid, but he had to admit the woman looked kind of hot when angry. Which not a single soul will ever hear about because he liked his life. 

 

“I thought you two would be more worried about this news.”

 

“Nah, Jihyo resolved all her issues years ago, her therapist was great. And I’m not worried about Nayeon at all, the most she can do is throw some offhanded comments here and there, but I’m the one married to Jihyo now and we have two beautiful daughters together. There isn’t much that would ruin us.”

 

“I know you are good friends with Im Nayeon’s manager.” He sighs. “I don’t know if she talked to you yet, but it seems like Nayeon has been a bit vocal about your wife lately.”

 

“Chae has been on tour with Nayeon for the last three months. We don’t really talk much because of both our time zones and the group prefers to let her talk to Sana and Mina whenever she does get the chance to.”

 

“Makes sense. And you all are pretty cute.” Manager Kim smiles a bit. “But try to talk to Chaeyoung when she arrives, all I know is what I’ve heard through the grapevine.”

 

“Don’t worry at all, oppa.” Tzuyu smiles back. “I’ll talk to Chae, but there is nothing Im Nayeon could really do to us that would make any real difference at all.”
 

“I hope you are right.”

 

“You know everything from the beginning, Jihyo is known by everyone at this point. We’ve been photographed since our third date. We’ve also been seen around with the girls more than enough. My favorite picture of us is from dispatch.” Tzuyu rants out humoredly. “I even asked you to contact them to get one in a better quality so I could frame it.”

 

Manager Kim can’t help but completely relax at that. Tzuyu found it hilarious whenever her manager was worried about her family, she loved him, but there was absolutely no need for it. They’ve been known to the media from the very beginning, the photo in question was one of the four of them at their favorite spot at the park. The very same spot where Jihyo had proposed with the most beautiful ring Tzuyu had ever seen. The same little opening under a big tree where they all loved to spend their free days enjoying the breeze and having fun. Tzuyu was running around with Dahyun and had just pretended to be tackled down by her daughter, Jihyo was watching on fondly and holding Yunjin while the baby took her bottle. Tzuyu was mid-fall, visibly pulling her girl up so both could ‘fall’ to the ground safely.

 

The man looked at said picture for a moment, it was beautiful indeed. That was the photo the company used on their public announcement of Chou Tzuy being married and, indeed, having a family. The public took it very well, surprisingly. Tzuyu’s fanbase had already accepted the relationship long before, they seemed to love Jihyo for some reason and couldn’t stop talking when pictures of them with baby Dahyun surfaced, going as far as shutting down several sites with the little girl’s face to protect their privacy. This was a surprisingly well supported ‘idol relationship’, and Tzuyu’s company was the most pleased about it all. They got to keep their best talent, who was earning even more after being discovered a family woman, Tzuyu was the most unproblematic actress they had ever seen, Jihyo was the most patient woman ever, the girls were the cutest, and the fans were 2000% behind them all.

 

“Alright, I’ll leave it alone.” Manager Kim sighs goodnaturedly. “Also, it’s not official but it’s definitely going to happen. But Vogue wants a photoshoot and interview with you, Jihyo and the girls. They want to hear from your girls how is it living with a celeb while being normal people.”

 

“I’m guessing this is the real reason you came, then.” Tzuyu catches on fast. “I’ll have to talk to Jihyo about it.”
 

“Fair enough. The invitation should arrive soon. They wanted to get it done for next week’s cover, with you hosting the awards and all.”
 

“I figured they’d want to ride the buzz. We’ll talk it over and see what we can agree on.”

 

“If you don’t want the girls to do it, I think they’ll ask for just you and Jihyo, then.”

 

“No problem. Plus, I’m sure Jyo will only demand hd copies of the pictures so she can keep and maybe one great family photo so we can frame and make it the centerpiece on the wall behind you.”

 

“She’d remove you guys’ wedding picture?” He makes his best scandalized expression.

 

“We both think it’s absolutely tacky. Plus, we’ve been meaning to schedule a family photoshoot and get one to change it out. If Vogue is asking, might as well get them to do it for us.” The actress shrugs.

 

“Well, I’ll be heading out, then. Might as well let it slip to them you two will be accepting.”

 

They laugh, and Tzuyu was telling the truth, both herself and her wife found the huge wedding picture absolutely tacky, but haven’t taken it down yet because they wanted a big family one. Jihyo has been trying to get them all to a photoshoot for ages, but with Tzuyu’s schedules, her own managing a whole company and the girls actually being alright for the shoot, it hasn't worked out yet. Jihyo was a bit too excited when told about the invitation, she started ranting out how they could finally have their family photoshoot and it would be of the highest quality, with the fanciest clothes, shot by famous photographers and even get paid to do it.

 

It was impossible for Tzuyu not to have the fondest smile on her face when Jihyo told the girls they were going to work with mama Tzu and wear pretty dresses and take photos. Dahyun, as very much expected, was already rehearsing her poses and asking her famous mama for input, Yunjin was excitedly blabbering about it, not that any of them really understood much, but she was certainly very happy about the news too. The deal needed to be slightly adjusted because Jihyo demanded a physical album with their pictures and also the digital copies of the ones she’ll select. But it would be the very first time the Chou family would be officially shown to the world and they would be allowed to even talk to the daughters. the chief editor of Vogue Korea was so excited about the exclusive that she said the woman could get whatever she wanted as long as they got the very exclusive piece.

 

 The photoshoot was scheduled for two days after that, they’d need time to get everything magazine ready, the editor in chief demanded to write the article herself. With a week left for the awards, the Chous were dolled up and photographed for the world to see. Editor Shen, the chief editor, had the time of her life talking to the Chou girls, the oldest was a natural people pleaser and the youngest was blunt and honest like her mother. The entire team was enchanted, Jihyo could only laugh when every single one, including security, melted as the little girls went around handing out chocolate to everyone as a thanks for their hard work.

 

To say Tzuyu came out of the experience loving her family even more would be an understatement. The actress already knew her daughters were adorable and her wife the prettiest, yest, kindest and all other ests in the world, but this day of work with them let her hear things she usually didn’t. They sat down on a couch prepared for the shoot, the interview would be filmed and a teaser uploaded to the magazine channel a few days before the actual thing was published. A few questions would be released early and the entire thing would become available once the magazine was out. A great strategy if we are being honest, the editor planned on releasing two questions from each girl, one for Jihyo and one comment (without full context) from Tzuyu. 

 

By the time they were meant to walk the red carpet, Jihyo had already ‘lost her patience’ with everyone she was somewhat close with teasing her. Mostly those who worked for her, the lady from the corner store, her daughters’ teachers, those she saw on a daily basis and was on friendly terms with. Everyone who knew a bit about Jihyo knew she was a shy one, didn’t mind being known because of her wife, she loved Tzuyu with all her heart and couldn’t imagine her life without her and their daughters, but they also knew she would be feeling very embarrassed from appearing on the cover of Vogue Korea. It was great, Tzuyu was having an increasingly hard time not laughing at her wife’s complaints, she was also the one telling everyone and their cousin about the interview.

 

“Ready for this?” Tuyu asked as their car approached their destination.

 

“Never will be, but let’s do it.” Jihyo says shakily.

 

“Just remember to breathe and ask Tzu anything you don’t know.” Manager Kim laughs from the driver’s seat.

 

“You two are used to this, I’m just a housewife.” The smaller woman panics a little.

 

“Jihyo, we both love you, but you are very far from being ‘just a housewife’.” He laughs loudly.

 

“I’m sorry, love. But oppa is right.” Tzuyu also couldn’t help but laugh along.

 

Jihyo tries to keep angry but she can’t help but join the other two. And she really wasn’t anything but a bit nervous. This was very new, being shown to the public like this. Plus, she was going to be asked things by the press and had absolutely zero media training. Tzuyu said she didn’t need any, but still, it would have been nice. Ready or not, they had arrived, and it was time to look perfect for the cameras, again Tzuyu told her wife she looked perfect at all times. They stepped out of the car, Tzuyu first and then Jihyo, and the press went wild. Just who was that beautiful woman attending with Chou Tzuyu! 

 

Jihyo was really looking amazing, her big bob and wine red hair, the black two piece that showed her back with a modern top and a long skirt, her big eyes that shone with the brightest stars, the mysterious smile she sported at all times. Tzuyu could be biased most times, but she was right when she said her wife didn’t need to worry, but should be ready to be on all the front pages the next day. The actress wasn’t really going to answer anyone on the carpet, she was instructed to just speak about what they were wearing and brush over any other questions, Jihyo was told to ignore everything and look to her wife whenever she was directly asked anything.

 

The game plan was to just stop and smile for everyone, but not reveal anything about who they were. The podium they had for a quick interview was mostly meant for a quick comment on how the interviewees were hoping the night would go, a mention or two about their wishes regarding whatever awards they were nominated to and that was it. Tzuyu would stop over by herself, she was also a master of her craft and could play those two like a fiddle. The Vogue interview teaser would be released tonight, should be up as they are walking the carpet, and the full interview would come out three days later, along with the magazine. This was all planned so that everyone got curious but nobody knew just who was attending with Chou Tzuyu.

 

“Now we have Chou Tzuyu!” The lady announced as she saw the actress already waiting by the podium

 

“The host for tonight’s show is here, everyone!” The man filled the viewers in.

 

“And she looks stunning!”

 

“Thank you.” Tzuyu bowed a little. “Hello everyone watching at home! I’m Chou Tzuyu and I hope you’ll enjoy what I have prepared for you tonight.”

 

“Could you give us a clue?” The man prompted.


“I’m sure everyone is curious.” The woman went along.

 

“Well, I can say that you all will enjoy the surprise I have for you. But if I tell anything else I’d spoil it.” Tzuyu smirked and saw someone else approaching from the corner of her eye.

 

“Own, not even a little hint?” The lady pouted a bit.”

 

“Now, now, let’s not spoil everyone else’s surprise!” Kim Chungha, another nominee tonight and the one Tzuyu saw approach, cut in. “Unless you want to tell me I won already and save us all the trouble.”

 

Tzuyu smiled, relieved at the intervention. “Now, that wouldn’t be very fair, would it?!”

 

“I don’t know, mrs Chou.” Chungha shrugged, her calling the actress mrs went unnoticed by the interviewers.

 

“Well, they are calling me and I should start getting ready to begin.” Tzuyu said as she looked nowhere specific.

 

Chungha promptly took over and the actress found her wife looking at her amusedly and immediately knew Jihyo wouldn’t let her hear the end of this. The couple was ushered inside quickly after that, they had done their red carpet rounds and Tzuyu had done her interview, they shouldn’t be just standing around and doing nothing. There was a reception area where celebs and their dates could mingle for a while before the show was set to start. They were serving drinks and a few appetizers, which Tzuyu couldn’t really eat if she wanted to fit all her dresses tonight, Jihyo also refrained herself from the food in solidarity. Actually, the older woman had dinner before they left, but she wasn’t going to say anything about that when she saw how her wife was fasting through the whole day.

 

The sacrifices this industry demands….

 

The whole mingling thing was alright, turns out, Chou Tzuy wasn’t invited to host out of the blue, she was actually pretty good friends with lots of musicians. A few idols were a bit disheartened when they saw their muse with Jihyo, but some decided Jihyo was their new muse. Chungha came by, laughing her off when she was scolded for calling her friend mrs Chou, and Jihyo introduced herself while praising the woman’s wits. By the time Im Nayeon arrived at the carpet, Tzuyu had already been called inside and her wife went along. It was already coordinated for Jihyo to stay in the dressing room until just before everyone started taking their seats. not so coincidentally, Jihyo was placed between Kim Chungha and Chong Elkie (who was attending representing her group, who were all scattered in other schedules), the two she got along with the best.

 

The whole thing dragged on endlessly, and Jihyo understood why they served so much food, this thing never ended. By the time the last performer was set to come on stage, Jihyo was more than ready to go home, not only that, the last performer was Im Nayeon, she would have just gone backstage and waited for Tzuyu at the dressing room, but she knew the night wasn’t over for her wife and an unrelated person filling up space back there would just get in the way. It’s fine, she’ll hear Chaeyoung’s debut song in the name of friendship. 

 

Chaeyoung had been dabbling in producing songs for the last few years, this last tour she went with Nayeon was her last, she had already passed over the post, but the replacement begged for her to go along with the last leg of the tour, it was Europe and a bit more complicated with the logistics. The former manager had migrated to producing about two years before, she was credited here and there for “contributing” with the songs, which meant she did all the work, then some big names came in, changed a single word and claimed her work as theirs while she was only mentioned. Nayeon’s new single was the first time she was actually credited as the main producer for anything.

 

Sure, Chaeyoung was always very clear about how she disapproved of Nayeon’s attitudes towards the whole marriage fiasco and stopped helping out at all after the wedding, becoming even a bit naggy after the divorce, but they had known each other for years, their relationship wasn’t going to end because Nayeon was a , it certainly changed, but both were still very fond of each other. The idol also knew about Chaeyoung and Sana’s deep friendship with Jihyo, and how the couple also came to be great friends with Tzuyu as well, she dealt with that already despite not feeling so comfortable with it. 

 

Nayeon knew she had no right to say anything about who was in Jihyo's life or not, much less when the ‘new woman’ was Chou Tzuyu, someone known for her golden heart and family oriented attitude. Sure, Nayeon had been bothered by their first daughter’s timing ever since the first pictures appeared back then. There was also the fact that the kid was very pale and both Jihyo and Tzuyu had tanned skins, their second one was the perfect mix of both, but the first daughter, something at the back of Nayeon’s mind kept bothering her from the first time she saw the kid.

 

Their first marriage had been a disaster, and the idol knew it was all on her. The whole divorce process was sort of a wake up call, but she came to terms with the fact that she would never be able to make it up to Jihyo at all, as much as it started to pain her in the last year or so. Nayeon knew she was messed up and lost the best woman she had ever met. She also knew Chou Tzuyu was great to her ex-wife, better than she could ever have been herself, and the woman in question was an angel, she had a few interactions during rehearsals and the actress was just the nicest little bean. Still, after everything, Nayeon couldn’t shake the feeling of familiarity towards Jihyo and Tzuyu’s oldest daughter.

 

After the ceremony there would be an afterparty, they had about two hours between both, but the computer engineer was told she couldn’t change, manager Kim was very adamant that Jihyo was supposed to eat early on, even gave her a cue for when to stop. Jihyo followed his instructions, she knew her presence was causing him a lot of stress. Not that she was being considered a nuisance, but the woman was a complete mess about this event, if we are being honest, and manager Kim was having a very hard time helping Jihyo out with the evening and even went through the trouble of getting the program on the day so he could have the most updated one possible and give the woman tips to pace herself.

 

For the afterparty, everyone had a while to prepare, it seemed to be kind of a rule for nobody to change from their awards outfits, according to Tzuyu’s stylists (Jihyo asked them). The couple would have slightly less time, however. Tzuyu was the last one to leave the stage after the ceremony and would have to be the first one to arrive at the afterparty. They decided to just kill some time at the theater, manager Kim had ordered some light salad and chicken for Tzuyu, knowing she would be famished but still unable to actually eat to her heart’s content. With the actress now dressed and fed, they all make their way to the afterparty, this time exiting through the side door and just making sure they wouldn’t mess up their dresses.

 

“You know she will come and talk to you, right?” Tzuyu asked while they were dancing.

 

“I know, but I’m hoping to avoid it for as long as I can.” Jihyo sighs but chuckles in the end.

 

“You should talk to her.” The younger woman encourages. “I know you two ended in disaster, but maybe it’s time to let the resentment go.”

 

“Tzu, I love you with everything I have.” The smaller woman shakes her head fondly. “But your heart is too good, I didn’t want to see her painted in gold if I could.”

 

“I know.” Tzuyu smiles cheekily.

 

“Maybe I should discipline you after this.” Jihyo said suggestively.

 

“Please mommy, I’m being a very naughty girl.”

 

“Mommy is going to teach properly again, babygirl.”

 

“Alright, you two are far from the cute couple everyone thinks you are, got it.” A new voice joins the conversation.

 

“Don’t be a prude, Chungha.” The engineer scoffs, but gets flustered anyway. “Like you don’t know Tzu by now.”

 

“I thought I did!” Chungha complains. “Regardless, I came to ask the giant to dance. Our managers say it’s good publicity or whatever.”

 

“Oh, yeah, you have your new m/v coming out next week!” 

 

“Yeah, and it was a pain to record.” Tzuyu fake-complains and extends her hand to her friend.

 

“Well, have fun kiddos. Mommy will find herself a drink.” Jihyo says and leaves before the singer could complain.

 

Chungha’s groans could still be heard, but Jihyo just laughed louder. This was a brand new friendship she was certain she would love to dive into. Once she manages to take a seat by the bar and order her drink, Jihyo sees someone taking a seat beside her, leaving an empty one between them, and sighing as if to gather themselves. Nayeon saw her ex wife going away from the dancefloor and thought it would be her one chance to talk. They were at a place where loud conversations and heated exchanges should be avoided at all costs, too many eyes everywhere. Jihyo knew it was her ex even without looking, she wasn’t going to acknowledge her if she didn’t speak up, so the engineer remained focused on the bartender making her drink.

 

“It’s been a while.” Nayeon finally says something.

 

“Nayeon.” Jihyo offers a curt nod.

 

“Can we talk?” The idol asks. “Not here, I mean.”

 

“We can step out to the corner lounge, sure.” The shorter woman agrees, still not looking too pleased. 

 

Nayeon sighs, she didn’t know what she expected, but maybe not this. They make their way to a little area with sofas and little tables, intended for those who wanted to step away from the loud music to chat without having to get close to one another nor speak loudly. Jihyo stopped by an empty area but remained standing. She knew they were being watched and didn’t want any rumors to start. Talking to Im Nayeon was risky where they were now, press was also still lingering and it wouldn’t be surprising for anyone to snap a picture of them and make up some scandal. The idol seemed to  understand where she should stand and remained far enough from her ex.

 

“Well, I think we can talk a bit more freely here. Do make sure to not look too close to me, not that you ever were.” Jihyo says and takes a sip of her drink.

 

“Look, I’d like to apologize for back then.” Nayeon huffs but manages to hold herself. “I was a true and you didn’t deserve a single thing I did to you.”

 

“You are right about that one. Then again, I can’t say I didn’t see it coming.” The smaller woman sighs and takes a sip of her drink, they were being watched and she couldn’t break character. “Maybe we were both at fault, maybe it was you, maybe it was me. The important thing is that we haven’t had anything to do with each other for over five years.”

 

“I know.” There is a small, bitter smile. “But I’ve come to a few realizations over the last few years. One of those is that there is nothing that would possibly justify what I did to you and that I owed you, at the very least, an apology.”

 

“Well, it’s good to see you finally grow. And I’ll take the apology, but don’t think it means anything but that.”

 

“C’mon, love, don’t be so angry.” Tzuyu says as she approaches. “Everyone is looking at you both and you frowning like this will certainly raise some eyebrows.”

 

“Tzuyu, it’s nice to see you again. I’m sorry I took the chance to talk to your wife while you were busy.” Nayeon smiles as best as she can, indeed they were being keenly observed.

 

“Don’t worry.” The youngest chuckles lightly and places a hand on the idol’s shoulder, clearly breaking the tension others were seeing. “I know you two didn’t have the best of pasts, but you shouldn’t let it eat you inside like that.”

 

Nayeon was surprised, she didn’t think Jihyo would give her a second thought, much less tell her new partner about their relationship. The couple looked completely at ease and fine with this conversation happening. She understood why Tzuyu felt the need to come over, everyone was doing their best to look at them discreetly, but Jihyo was clearly with the actress and Nayeon didn’t have the best track record on her “dating” life. The idol was grateful for the younger one to have come over, it would avoid rumors and that was the last thing she wanted to do to Jihyo. The hand on the shoulder was just what they needed for most to lose their interest, the supposed familiarity told them they knew each other and Tzuyu was not only aware, but also fine with the conversation.

 

“Tzuyu knows all about our disastrous marriage, Nayeon.” Jihyo said monotonously, a stark contrast to her expressions. “She actually knows all about my past, being completely honest to one another was one of my requests when we were getting to know each other.”

 

“oh.” Is the timid response, Nayeon doing her best to not recoil. “I really just wanted to tell you I’m very sorry. I know words don’t mean much to you, especially mine, but I needed you to know.”

 

“Don’t worry. I don’t hold it against you.” Tzuyu said amicably. “This life of yours demands a price. As an actress, I’m not as pressured about my personal life. Plus, I had already made a reputation for myself as a ‘family woman’, every interviewer back then was sick and tired of hearing the same answer whenever they tried to ask me about my love life.”

 

“It does demand a price. Sometimes too heavy to pay.” The idol agreed. “Back then I was at the top of my career. Every girl I wanted was mine, everyone wanted my presence in their groups, the world was at my feet.”

 

“Like I said, I’ll take the apology, but that’s as far as it goes.” Jihyo stops the rambling she could see forming. “Look, Nayeon, our relationship, it was a mess. I knew you were the playgirl, I knew you cheated on me the entire time. Hell, I was completely aware you had just come from another random bed the day I proposed. i thought maybe you needed more security, maybe you felt like we weren’t that steady before the wedding-”

 

“I needed an eye opener, Jihyo.” Nayeon stops her ex. “I needed to grow up and understand that if I didn’t want to be in a relationship I shouldn’t have gotten into one.”

 

“Acknowledging our shortcomings is already a huge step.” Tzuyu smiled. “And if you two had worked out, we wouldn’t have been introduced and I would never have my family that I love with everything I have.”

 

“I’m glad you found your happiness, Jihyo. I really am.” The idol offered a tight smile, but it was honest. “You too, Tzuyu. I’m glad you were able to love Jihyo like she deserves. Now, I think this conversation has already lasted too long.”

 

With that, Nayeon excuses herself. Tzuyu gave her a side-hug for appearances sake, Jihyo just smiled brightly and waved. They waited until the idol was far enough and Tzuyu whispered to her wife they could get some time to themselves at the balcony, Jihyo couldn’t help the getting flushed and let herself be guided away. With how they looked, everyone understood the couple was trying to get some alone time. Some paparazzi tried to follow, but security stopped them. Really, it was mostly for Jihyo to vent out her frustrations, her wife knew she was holding herself back there as to not show up on any headlines, but the irritation was real.

 

“Alright, we are clear.” The taller woman announced when security closed the doors for them.

 

Jihyo just puts her bag in and screams, she certainly hoped she wouldn’t have seen Nayeon at all, even less talk to her, but here we are. Tzuyu patiently waited for her love to let it all out, then pulled her into a hug and kissed her just because. They were too enthralled into each other that neither noticed the presence in the other balcony. Nayeon had stepped outside for a moment to take a call, only to see her ex wife and the new wife in a passionate kiss. She thought she was over everything, but it did hurt a little. The idol just chucked it to her own pride, which was higher than the Everest, and decided she wasn’t going to think too deeply into things. 

 

“So, how about we head home and take full advantage of the girls being with the Hirais?” Tzuyu wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“Mrs Chou, you are a married woman!” Jihyo mastered the fake scandalized face.

 

“And I’m hoping my wife will ditch this party and go home with me, so we can finally use those cuffs she bought me a while ago.”

 

“Call oppa, I’ll get our coats.” Jihyo immediately pulls them towards the exit.

 

Tzuyu is seen being pulled away with a very satisfied grin, everyone understood she was able to convince her wife of something, nobody really wanted to know what. The couple was very into , they found not long into their relationship, and with little Dahyun, it has always been difficult to actually do it, but they managed. Sure, it got harder to be creative after Yunjin, but nights like this, when the kids were somewhere else, both took the opportunity to be wild for a bit. Manager Kim only laughed when the women got into the car, he knew those faces, and he also knew he didn’t want to hear about it, so they drove in silence and the couple wasted no time getting out of the car once he stopped in front of their house. Rushing out with quick goodbyes and a ‘call you tomorrow’ from Tzuyu. The man couldn’t help but laugh.

 

A week after the whole award thing and the interview that came out the day after, Tzuyu was told that she and Jihyo were being invited to a private party. All very exclusive and very high class, this time, the whole family could attend, actually, the invitation was for the entire family. It was from an actress that worked with Tzuyu a few years before, they became good friends and kept in contact as much as they could. Said actress was rumored to be a lead in a new drama and she had been pushing for Tzuyu to also be casted as the second lead. This party was mostly so she could push the producers to decide on Tzuyu, but the woman was crafty and knew exactly what to do.

 

Coincidentally, Nayeon had also been invited to the party. She was one of the artists being considered for the OST, the other candidates were also among the guests. Jihyo really didn’t want to, but she knew it would be great for her wife, if the rumors were true, and manager Kim had very good sources, the cast was all big names and legends, Tzuyu being selected would mean solidifying her place among the greatest in the industry. For all of that, it was decided that the Park-Chous would attend as a family. Dahyun, as she was, got the most excited about dressing up to go to a grown up party with her mama Tzu. Yunjin was just happy when she was told they would be going out to buy fancy dresses for everyone.

 

Manager Kim, a huge fan of the Park-Chou girls, couldn’t stop cooing at how cute both were the whole way there. The girls thrived in the compliments, their mothers also told them how cute and pretty they were, but someone not family saying it always had a nice touch. Turned out, Chaeyoung and Sana would also be attending with Mina, the (now) producer would be the one composing the OSTs, Chaeyoung had already been officially invited. And it was always nice for someone else to be there to calm Dahyun down. The whole dinner party thing had a small red carpet, it did consist of a lot of A-listers. The press went wild when the Chous showed up together, the interview left everyone craving for more, the press members there went wild trying to her anything they could to release as an exclusive.

 

“Nice of you to show up, Chou.” Comes a booming voice, once they get inside.

 

“Miran-unnie.” Tzuyu smiles freely. “It’s been too long.”

 

“Way too long if you ask me. Now come over here and hug your favorite unnie!”

 

Tzuyu didn’t need to be told twice. Ha Miran was the host for the evening, and also one of Tzuyu’s most important mentors. They first crossed paths when the taiwanese got casted for her third ever drama, she was just a secondary character, not even important to the plot. Miran was the main lead and saw right away the potential in that thin, trembling girl back then. The older woman took Tzuyu under her wing promptly, the younger one even spending some time as her personal assistant to learn the ropes of the trade. It did do wonders for the taiwanese, she learned how to conduct herself, how to identify threats, traps and wrong intentions, how to properly treat the staff, techniques for memorizing her lines, acting out emotions with more believability… Ha Miran made Chou Tzuyu the actress she was today, heck, the woman she was today. 

 

“Unnie, let me introduce you to my girls.” Tzuyu says very happily after a long hug.

 

“You’ll have to come back without the whole circus. I’d love to really get to know them properly.” Miran demands, letting herself be guided.

 

“Oh, just tell that big oaf when and we’ll be more than happy to come, ma’am.” Jihyo intervened, she knew well about Ha Miran. “I’m Chou Jihyo, Tzuyu’s wife. I must say, it’s an honor to finally meet you.”

 

Miran disregarded the hand and scooped the bowing girl into her arms. Jihyo chuckled but fell into the embrace gladly, Tzuyu had nothing but love for this woman, she had always been curious about the legend Ha Miran. Honestly, being invited by the woman was something none of them expected, but were very honored about. Once Miran does releases Jihyo, she turns to the kids, her eyes already gleaming with excitement.

 

“Dahyunnie, Yunjinnie.” Tzuyu calls for her daughters. “This is Miran-unnie, she is a very close friend to mama. Can you two introduce yourselves?”

 

“Hi!” Dahyun is the first one to comply. “I’m Chou Dahyun. five years old!”

 

“You are six, darling.” Jihyo corrects gently. 

 

“Sorry! I’m six years old!” The girl amends quickly.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, dear.” Miran says gleefully.

 

“I’m Chou Yunjin, and I’m four.” The youngest says more calmly.

 

“It’s very nice to meet you too.” The woman smiles back.

 

Both girls take their host having kneeled down as an invitation to hug her and Miran couldn’t be more delighted at that. The woman knew all about her protege’s married life, she intended to talk to Tzuyu about that when they got the chance, but for now, she knew both were Tzuyu’s daughters, no matter what whatever DNAs tests said. Dahyun was a ball of energy, but she was clearly a very attentive and gentle big sister, said gentleness had Tzuyu all over it, even their gestures were similar. It brought a tear to her eyes when she saw how proud Tzuyu was when looking at her girls, and how much love was in Jihyo’s eyes when directed at her family. This happy family life was all Miran ever wished for her favorite dongsaeng.

 

The night involved a lot of smiling to everyone, kissing up to investors, the girls capturing everyone’s hearts, then finally eating. Chaeyoung, Sana and Mina did arrive at some point, but they were equally busy with the whole event. During dinner, Miran had been kind enough to place both families together, the three girls between their parents and looking extremely cute. Dahyun had this big sister sense, so she placed herself between the two younger girls and was doing her best to help them through dinner. Needless to say, Chaeyoung was made the one in charge of the entire soundtrack and Tzuyu was definitely getting an invitation letter that week. 

 

Nayeon indeed was present at the event, she was one of the names singing the soundtrack, and it was her very first time seeing Jihyo and her new family up close. That feeling of familiarity towards the eldest Chou girl was there again, this time much stronger. The singer felt in her heart that she knew that girl, despite having never met her before. Like everyone else, she was busy shaking hands and kissing the whole time before dinner. She did come across Chaeyoung and Sana, but couldn’t do much other than give them a smile and a quick nod. Nayeon decided she would reach out after dinner, maybe it would go better than last time.

 

After dinner, some had to leave, but most guests took the time to talk to those they were closer with. Tzuyu and Jihyo made their way to a more open area so the girls could play a little, they had been talking to some producers and their partners when Chaeyoung and Sana approached so Mina could have fun with her ‘cousins’. Nayeon was nearby, not really moving to approach them but close enough so both were in each other’s field of view. The singer was talking to a composer about possibilities for the soundtrack. The kids had made friends with other kids attending and were playing around when Dahyun got too invested in catching the ball that was rolling away.

 

The eldest Chou daughter was going after the ball that refused to stop when she hit something. Looking up, she saw a pretty lady with a heart smile looking at her. Certainly, Dahyun felt a bit embarrassed, she really wasn’t looking where she was going, but her mamas taught her to always apologize when did something like this even if it wasn’t on purpose. Now, the child blushed deeply, took a few steps back and bowed a little while saying she was sorry. Nayeon’s heart melted at the sight, she always liked children and when they were this well behaved, she just couldn’t help herself.

 

“I’m sorry I bumped into you.” Dahyun says properly.

 

“It’s okay.” Nayeon replies promptly. “You didn’t mean to, and I’m sure this ball was running away from you.”

 

The woman holds up the small ball, her smile widening when the kid blush deepens.

 

“Yeah, we threw it too far and I was trying to catch it.” The kid looks to the ground.

 

“It’s not a problem. Here.”

 

“Thank you, ma’am.” Dahyun thanks her, waves and goes back to the other kids.

 

The idol kept looking at the child, still feeling like she knew that kid. Jihyo had paid attention to everything that was happening, she feared Nayeon could blow up or something, but felt relieved when she saw her ex wife looked very excited to meet the kid. Tzuyu had also observed everything, don’t get her wrong Dahyun was her daughter through and through, but she was curious about the mysterious look in Nayeon’s eyes when Dahyun walked away. Maybe the actress could dig a bit deeper into this, there was certainly something there, not that she would allow for any familiarity between her kid and Im Nayeon, but she really wanted to know what the idol was thinking.