Things Change - NaHyo/JiTzu

Everybody loves Jihyo!

 

The life of a pop star is indeed very glamorous, everyone wants them, everyone wants to be them and everyone hates them. Lots of money, free gifts, sponsorships, invitations to the most exclusive events. Getting your photos taken everywhere you go, basically no privacy and being analyzed in every single thing you do. Yeah, it’s a hectic life that not everyone is built for and coexisting with it could consume you if not careful. Jihyo learned all that pretty early into her relationship with Nayeon, but she survived despite the odds.

 

Both women met when Jihyo was asked by her best friend to attend a fan meeting. Jeongyeon had been lucky enough to have a sister in the show business and had been gifted two tickets to pop sensation’s Im Nayeon fan event. Back then, Jeongyeon was dating Momo, the woman was a very sought after choreographer and known to have worked with big groups, but had absolutely no interest in attending events for them, and told her girlfriend to just take the best friend. Jihyo went but only after Jeongyeon said she’d call it even for a favor she had been holding over the shorter woman’s head.

 

It was interesting, Jihyo had never participated in anything like it but didn’t see herself attending another one regardless. When her time came, Jeongyeon shoved an album in Jihyo’s hand and told her to ask if it could be signed to someone else, Seoyeon was a fan too and would love getting the gift. By the size of the event, each fan was allotted five minutes to talk to the idol, it sounds long, but went by really quickly, especially for the idols themselves. Nayeon was looking visibly tired, many didn’t seem to notice that, and those who did, just ignored it when their turn came.

 

“Hello there, what’s your name?” The idol greeted with a big smile.

 

“Hey, I’m Jihyo.” She bowed a little, not sure what to do.

 

“First time?” Nayeon giggles. “Just sit down and give me the album.”

 

“Can I ask a favor?” Jihyo risks timidly. “Can you sign it to Seoyeon? She’s the one who made it possible for me to attend and I’d like to bring something back to her.”

 

“Oh, you sound like a good friend.”

 

“I try to be. Plus, I get to meet a pretty girl.” The younger woman ponders. “Looks like I get the better part of the deal.”

 

Nayeon laughs, loud and freely. She liked this timid girl, maybe they could have some fun, so the idol takes a chance. Nayeon signals to her manager to get a picture of this girl and goes back to the conversation. It was something they came up with when Nayeon got her first stalker, she’d send a very specific signal to her manager, the woman would take a picture of the person and then try to find out as much as she could about them. Sure, it was supposed to be used for creeps, but obviously Nayeon would use it to get girls… Not that her manager minded much, it rarely happened and it was better to get possible partners screened before anything else either way. The event finished without a hitch, there were a few fans that tried to step out of line here and there, but nothing Nayeon and her team weren’t used to dealing with. Jihyo just thought everything was quite entertaining, but didn’t really understand the hype at all.

 

“So, how was spending the afternoon with fangirl Jeong ?” Momo asked when they entered the car as she picked both up.

 

Jihyo merely groaned, it was exhausting, Jeongyeon was normally composed and all, but she became someone unrecognizable when up and close with her idol. 

 

“That’s what I thought. You have my gratitude, Park.” The dancer laughed as she pulled out.

 

“Remind me to never do this again.” The smallest woman huffed.

 

“Oh, don’t give me that!” Jeongyeon finally joined the conversation. “You looked pretty chummy talking to Nayeon back there.”

 

“You understand I have manners and people skills, right?” Jihyo fired back, and honestly, she wasn’t wrong.

 

“Right.” The tallest woman squinted and went back to her signed album.

 

Momo was just entertained and observed. She had gone with Jeongyeon to a few events, it was hell, so she vowed to never attend again after the fourth one. A couple of days later, on an unassuming wednesday evening, Jihyo got a text from an unknown number, asking her if they could meet and giving her the address to an entertainment company? Obviously, she just ignored it and went back to her movie, but thursday morning she answered a call without looking at the caller id and it was the same person.

 

“Ms Park Jihyo?” A woman says on the other side.

 

“Speaking.” Jihyo checks and sees she accidentally answered the mysterious number. “May I ask what this is about? Any quotes should go through the company, I don’t negotiate directly like this.”

 

“No, ms Park, I’m calling to talk about yourself.”

 

“Can I have a name for whom I’m speaking to, at least?”

 

“This is Son Chaeyoung, I’m Im Nayeon’s manager.”

 

“Did I do something wrong during the fansign? Was there a rule I broke without knowing?” Jihyo gets worried.

 

“No, not at all. This is more of a personal matter.” The manager dismisses. “I’d like to meet up and talk in person, is that possible?”

 

“Sure, I’m free after five today.” Jihyo is curious about this mysterious ‘personal call’. “We can meet for coffee? Or maybe dinner?”

 

“How about we meet for dinner, then?” Chaeyoung’s voice brightens up. “I’ll send the address when I can make the reservation, but it would be after eight, is that alright?”

 

“That’s fine, I’ll wait for your message, then.” 

 

“Thank you, I’ll see you soon.”

 

They hang up and Jihyo is unable to concentrate for the rest of the day. She wasn’t a curious person by nature, but a manager to a famous idol calling and asking to talk to you out of the blue like this is bound to leave anyone wondering. She gets the address for a fairly pricey restaurant and is told not to worry about it, just show up. Jihyo puts on her best clothes, she wasn’t one for going out anywhere fancy so most of her clothes were still from her college days. Sure, it’s been two years since she graduated, but the only new stuff she bought were work clothes for when she’d need to attend meetings.

 

Son Chaeyoung was, for lack of a better word, surprising. She was much smaller than her voice and attitude would lead one to think, completely tattooed and dressed almost the exact opposite of what one would expect a manager to. Jihyo relaxed a little when she saw the woman, but the stark difference between the two women’s worlds was clear for anyone in that restaurant. The manager was kind enough to not comment on their awkward greeting and asked for them to be guided to their table promptly.

 

“It’s alright.” Chaeyoung says once they are seated.

 

“I’m sorry? I-” Jihyo stammers.

 

“You are questioning if you can really be here and if you made the right choice in wearing what you picked. If I’m judging you on what I’m seeing, whether or not there has been some trouble and I’m gonna ask for reparation…” The manager trails out.

 

“Okay, yeah. I’m doing all of that. But you have to understand, this is too out of the ordinary for me.”

 

“I know.” Chaeyoung offers a sympathetic smile. “It’s just part of my job to read people well. Also, I’m here because I already know everything there is to know about you.”

 

“Just tell me what’s up. Please.” Jihyo begged, already regretting this meeting.

 

“Nayeon got interested in you, so I’m here to talk and see if you’d like to date her.”

 

That renders the older woman speechless. Not even in her wildest dreams would she think the brief conversation and the lame jokes would ever catch the attention of nation’s best friend Im Nayeon. The woman must meet more interesting people daily, there was nothing about Jihyo that should have stood out, especially not enough to be noticed by someone like Im Nayeon, who was used to walking among the hottest and most sought after celebrities. 

 

“Are you sure about that? I mean, there’s nothing about me that should have caught her attention. There were more good looking people at that fansign alone.” Jihyo gets a bit desperate.

 

“I’m sure.” Chaeyoung smiles kindly. “You have to understand, she already shines on her own. What she is looking for is someone who can see past the bright lights and fancy things. You seem to have given her this in the short time you two talked the other day.”

 

“I mean, and don’t take this the wrong way, but I just went to be a good friend, I’m not really a fan of hers or pop stars in general.”

 

“I know. I usually do a thorough background check on all her potential partners. I even have a list of your favorite underwear, in order of preference.”

 

“There’s no way you know that.” Jihyo challenges.

 

“Your favorite one is the SpongeBob one you got with Yoo Jeongyeon during that trip you guys went to Thailand together. The second favorite is the Jigglypuff one you got from Hirai Momo as a birthday present. She thought she was being a bit of a , but you secretly loved them.”

 

“Alright!” The taller woman looks around to see if anyone heard. “Fine, you know all my dirty little secrets. So why go ahead and call me over like this?”

 

The manager chuckles, the underwear one always gets them. “Well, you are a good person, clean as they can be, the worst thing you ever did was forget to return a book to your college library. Plus, you make enough money for Nayeon’s paycheck to neither be intimidating nor make you a golddigger.”

 

“Sure, I get paid well, but still! I doubt that she really wants me.”

 

“How about you let me set a date for you both and you can see for yourself if she wants you or not?!”

 

“If that means this weird meeting is over and I can go home, then sure.” Jihyo deflates, she feels this woman won’t let her go home without agreeing to this crazy plan.

 

“Great! I’ll contact you soon. The date will probably be on friday, so keep the evening open.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Jihyo sighs and leaves. This was, by far, the weirdest and most intimidating experience she’s ever had. The next morning, Jihyo receives a text from Son Chaeyoung, just a date and a time, followed by instructions on how she should dress. This was it, she guessed, might as well indulge the manager and see where this goes. The computer engineer found herself at the back of a luxury car on friday night, heading to the higher class area of the city. Since Chaeyoung assured her it would be on them, Jihyo didn’t worry much about where they were heading, but she did find it slightly worrying when a dress had arrived that morning which fit her like a glove.

 

“I’m glad you didn’t give up on me.” Im Nayeon greeted happily.

 

“Well, you do have interesting methods ms Im.” Jihyo answered with her million dollar smile.

 

“Oh my, I hope Chaengie didn’t give you much trouble, I told her to be gentle.”

 

“She was fine. But I’m here for you, not her.”

 

“Aren’t you a smooth talker.” Nayeon bats her eyelashes. “Don’t stop.”

 

Their first date goes fine, so do the ones that follow, to the best of their abilities that is. A star’s schedule isn’t easy on anyone, Jihyo learns fast that if this relationship would go anywhere, she would have to work with Nayeon’s odd hours. If they could call it a relationship, that was. Chaeyoung warms up to Jihyo quite easily, the manager finds the engineer to be a calm homebody. Jihyo likes to spend her off days cleaning around the house, doing laundry, fixing anything she had been putting off, and sometimes she gathers with her friends, which usually takes place at Jeongyeon and Momo’s apartment, which is the biggest in the group. 

 

It was easier for the manager when she only had to worry about one headache. Nayeon, on the other hand, had to keep the pop star image and the attitude that was expected from it. That meant calculated public appearances to stir up scandals, lots of parties, lots of meeting other people in the business and not nearly enough time for dating. The idol had signaled a few other times towards other girls she liked, but the manager refused to indulge her, reminding the woman she was in a relationship, even if it was still a secret to society. Also, Jihyo was a good woman, she worked hard, did her best to adjust her schedule so she could meet Nayeon, did the heavy lifting in the relationship (not that the manager would ever say that aloud), and had also built a good enough life for herself.

 

“Will you marry me?” Jihyo pops the question eight months into their relationship.

 

“Yes.” Nayeon’s answer was easy, albeit uninterested. 

 

Jihyo smiled the brightest she ever had, Nayeon thought it was cute, but her answer was mostly because she thought it was the natural course to follow. Chaeyoung was happy when she was asked if this step could be taken, but got even more worried about the computer engineer, she knew her idol well, after all. The night had been perfect, as the great listener Jihyo had always been, everything Nayeon had ever said she wanted when being proposed to happened just the way she claimed she always wanted it. They did get married, nothing fancy, just signed the papers at the townhall and went away for a three-day honeymoon.

 

Living together wasn’t something in their plans, however. Nayeon’s apartment was well known and always had photographers lurking around, and Jihyo lived far from the city center as she worked from home and whenever she had to go to the office was rare. The idol didn’t mind her wife having the codes for her place, but never really showed any interest in doing the opposite. It didn’t matter much to her, she was clear that she always wanted to rest at home whenever she was free, and Jihyo never minded heading over to spend time together. It wasn’t a good marriage, and only six months after it had happened, it went down in flames.



 

A scandal broke out, “Im Nayeon seen leaving Kim Yerim’s apartment early in the morning after both were spotted entering the night before in the same clothes from the previous evening” is what headlines read. Chaeyoung didn’t mind her own idol at all, she also didn’t know Nayeon would do this, but her worries right now lied with Jihyo. The manager rushed over as soon as she was notified that Dispatch was releasing the photos, they didn’t even care to offer a deal, they just gave her a heads up and called it cordiality.

 

“Hey Chaeng.” Jihyo answered the door looking defeated.

 

“I came as soon as they told me it was being released. I guess They did it while I was on the way.” The manager huffs, frustrated and a little sad.

 

“It’s not like we didn’t know. You especially.”

 

“I didn’t know she was going to do this, I promise you.”

 

“Maybe not this specifically, but we both saw the signs. It isn’t like she made it a secret that I wasn’t that important, or even a priority for her.”

 

“I am really sorry, you know.” Chaeyoung sees the tears forming, and can’t help her own as well. “If only I hadn’t agreed to talk you into going out with her back then.”

 

“It’s fine, I can’t blame you for anything that happened after the first date. You were doing your job, just looking out for your idol and trying to help out whenever you could.” Jihyo wipes the stubborn tear away and huffs before continuing. “I’ll give her the divorce, don’t worry.”

 

“I feared that was what you would say.” Chaeyoung says tightly. “But I also know you, and I know you honestly like her. How is your heart?”

 

“I’ll live. Just make sure she shows up for the divorce audience.” The older woman chuckles darkly. “If she doesn’t mind paying up for whatever I ask, that is. But I doubt she’ll care enough to be there. Regardless, I’ll find a lawyer and tell you the details.”

 

“If I may.” Chayoung says seriously. “I might have just the lawyer for you.”

 

“Shouldn’t you be saving them for Nayeon?”

 

“Maybe, but she’ll likely just use the company’s lawyers. And I’m certain Sana will be more than happy to represent you.”

 

“Sana? As in your wife, Minatozaki Sana? Genius lawyer and partner in one of the biggest firms in Korea, Sana?” Jihyo’s surprise is cute.

 

“That one. I told her I was coming over and why and she demanded that I offer you her services on the spot.” Chaeyoung chuckles a little. “Plus, she has been eager to really meet you forever, not just quick conversations during company events.”

 

“I’ll humbly accept, then.”

 

“Great!” The manager brightens up and pulls out her phone, quickly placing a call. “You can come over, she accepted!”

 

“Don’t tell me she’s been waiting downstairs all this time.”

 

“Of course she hasn’t!” The shorter one frowns, opening the front door. “She’s been waiting just outside all this time!”

 

“SON CHAEYOUNG!” Jihyo is scandalized. “How dare you not mention anything and just leave her there! Were you raised by wolves?”

 

Sana squeals and hugs the ranting woman tightly. She did hear from her wife that Jihyo was the cutest, but this little rant about manners in the middle of finding out her wife was cheating on her was the cutest thing. Chaeyoung laughs, fixes her wife’s shoes that were thrown haphazardly and locks the door again before going back to the couch. Sana, for as brilliant she is in court, is incredibly loving and affectionate, Chaeyoung learned from the beginning to just let her wife get it out of her system before trying to get any conversation going, plus, Jihyo’s panicked face will never not be absolutely amusing.

 

“Can we sit down now?” Jihyo asked when she saw the taller woman settle down.

 

“Alright, let’s talk business, love.” Chaeyoung guides her wife to sit down.

 

“Only because I really want to do my best for this case.” The lawyer huffs cutely.

 

“Right.” Jihyo sighs. “I’ll give Nayeon her freedom, I don’t want anything, just for this to end already.”

 

“Are you sur you don’t want anything? I mean, the whole nation saw the proof she cheated, despite not knowing she was actually married to begin with.” Sana in lawyer mode is a sight.

 

“Well, here is the thing…” The engineer trails off, not sure how to break the news.

 

“Jihyo, if I’m going to defend you, I’ll need to know everything. Absolutely everything.”

 

“I’m pregnant.” Jihyo decides to just put it out there. “I got the results yesterday and was thinking about taking to her today, but the news broke this morning, and now I don’t think I want this kid to even know about her.”

 

“So, you are keeping the baby, correct?” Sana asks, but amends right away. “I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but I really need to be blunt so we can make the best out of this situation.”

 

“It’s alright, I understand we are in a serious conversation right now. But yes, I’m keeping the baby. I just would like to end this marriage without Nayeon knowing about the kid at all.”

 

“To be fair, we all know Nayeon would never agree to a divorce if she even dreams about this kid existing.” Chaeyoung concedes. “Can you make things go fast, honey? I think I can keep Nayeon away until your court meetings, and baggy clothes will have to be your best friends towards the end of the process.”

 

“I can hurry it up, but you’ll need to make sure Nayeon agrees promptly and gets her own lawyer so we can begin the procedures.” Sana nods. “I think you’ll need to meet her one more time before we actually begin and tell her yourself that you want a divorce.”

 

“I can do that. Is it possible to do that today?” Jihyo looks at Chaeyoung for an answer.

 

“How about I let the team know you’ll be filling for divorce, then you can come to the strategy meeting we are holding this afternoon and tell her yourself that you want out. Then you can leave and she’ll certainly have to stay because we’ll be discussing damage control.”

 

“That’s a great idea, love. Jihyo, just say what you have to say then tell her you’ll be talking through your lawyers. But don’t mention I’m the one representing you, just let Chaeng do all the communication between you both.”

 

“Also, just block her number right now, and change your number if you can. Bring any keys she gave you and remember to swing by her apartment and get everything of yours out before you head to the company.”

 

“I’ll do that, just give me a couple of hours so I can clear my things without the risk of her being at the apartment.” Jihyo says as she pulls her phone to block Nayeon.

 

“I’ll have to bring her to a recording at two, then we’ll head directly to the company, the meeting is scheduled to start at five, if you could be there before that, it would be ideal. Also, don’t go in the meeting room before her, just hang around, I’ll text you what to do when the time comes.”

 

“Alright, I’ll head to her apartment and clear my things when you say you’ve picked her up.” 

 

“Great, we have a plan for today.” Sana claps her hands. “I’ll help Jihyo get her stuff and she can drop me at the office when we are done, it’s on the way to the company from here.”

 

“Sure thing, you two can go into more detail while I don’t have to leave.” The manager relaxes back into the couch and grabs the remote.

 

“So, Hyo, how about you give me the documents I’ll need to start the process, and I’ll start working on the initial petition so I can serve the papers as soon as she has a lawyer.”

 

Jihyo agrees easily, asking Sana to follow her to her office and the lawyer pulls up a list of everything she would need to start composing the process. It’s great that the engineer is able to provide everything. The younger woman kept a very neatly organized folder with everything pertaining to her marriage. Chaeyoung told them to have fun and opted to get a quick nap before they have lunch and she’d have to leave. Meanwhile, Nayeon was laying on her bed and nursing a mean hangover. The idol pulls out the chain around her neck, where her wedding band resides.

 

It was always on her mind, the fact that she was a married woman, but Jihyo never came for her whenever she fooled around, never told her she should be more respectful of their relationship, not even that she should come public with the fact that she was married. The woman was a saint, very honestly. Maybe that’s the reason Nayeon never stopped, she never saw the reason to, she could be the same old playgirl and would still have a loving wife to come home to. 

 

Sure, Nayeon knew she was being the biggest of s. Yeah, she should respect Jihyo and their marriage. But hell, the younger woman just made it so easy for her to keep having her cake and eating it too. Well, the idol is certain her managerial crew will have quite the few words for her this afternoon. She knew she couldn’t get out of one photoshoot she’d have today. Frankly, working after a scandal breaks is just too tiresome, but that’s business. 

 

Oh, the surprise Im Nayeon is in for.

 

But that’s not right now. Sana had everything she needed, from payslips, to the prenup. The three had a quick lunch Jihyo managed to whip up while the lawyer organized everything and the manager made a few calls to her team. The engineer had taken the time to talk to her boss while Sana had been reading through the prenup earlier and was granted five days off so she could organize herself. Chaeyoung left first, the couple had come over with the company car, Sana explained they stopped by her office on the way so she could leave her own car there and the plan had always been for Chaeyoung to drop her off later.

 

Jihyo waited until she got the text that Nayeon was off to her schedule. Sana put everything in her purse and they left. It’s not like the engineer really had much at Nayeon’s, just a few changes of clothes, some toiletries, two pairs of shoes and her slippers. Sana asked how she could help, Jihyo grabbed all her stuff from the closet and asked if the lawyer could help by folding them and placing them in the bag, meanwhile Jihyo would go around grabbing anything of hers that she could find and put it in the container she brought.

 

The duo worked fast, so fast that Sana asked if Jihyo minded coming up to her office so they could go over the contract for her services and talk about payment. Jihyo agreed easily, only asking if she could get some warm tea, as it always helped calm her down. The older woman asked her secretary to bring them some chamomile tea and some biscuits before closing her office door so they could talk more privately. They started with discussing the contract, then went on to fees after the secretary had brought what was asked. Money was always a private matter at this firm.

 

“Okay, so I’ll just say it and we can go from there.” 

 

“Sana, I know it’s not going to be cheap.” Jihyo chuckled. “You are one of the biggest names in South Korea, I’m divorcing one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry, there was no way this was not going to cost me a pretty penny.”

 

“You are very hard not to love, you know.” Sana is frustrated, but so sincere.

 

They settle all the matters before four, Sana asked if they should go out for a coffee, but Jihyo said she wanted to head to the company already, leaving with a promise they could meet again soon and not for business. With another half an hour to spare, Jihyo headed to the cafeteria for another cup of tea. It’s funny how she had a pass but nobody was recognising her. This is the truth of her life, she is the invisible wife to their biggest idol, but she is also a secret so well hidden that nobody apart from Chaeyoung and the investigation team themselves know of her at all. Maybe the company president, but that’s just a maybe.

 

The meeting started with Nayeon still hungover, and now that she didn’t need to be in front of a camera, she looked rough. Jihyo entered the room just behind her wife, proceeding to sit on the chair she had been instructed to previously. The couple didn’t really exchange words, the idol thought this was just about the headlines and never paid it much attention, maybe she should have. Chaeyoung, as the main manager and leader of this team, started the meeting, just saying they were there about the scandal that broke out this morning and asked her second in command, someone from PR, to go ahead and start.

 

The woman had a little slide show with the headlines, some articles that came out and an email from Kim Yerim’s agency saying they would discuss the matter internally before reaching out, but they were inclined to ride the sudden interest and confirm the rumors, but both agencies should meet and discuss before that. They went on to talk about the repercussions and how Nayeon would need to disappear from social media until this was resolved, she had also been pulled from any schedules that involved her talking freely to other people, only leaving her photoshoots, recordings and two fashion shows that were already lined up. Now, Im Nayeon is many things, but a good wife isn’t one of those.

 

“Alright, so we are confirming it too, I’m taking.”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung couldn’t believe her ears.

 

Neither could anyone in that meeting room, really. Jihyo snapped into attention and cleared .

 

“Nayeon, I want a divorce.”

 

“What? Why? This isn’t the first time a scandal like this broke out, nor will it be the last!” 

 

“I know. And I also know this isn’t the first time you wake up in someone else’s bed, nor will it be the last. I can’t go on with this farce and keep letting myself get hurt like this.” Jihyo sounded pissed, but mostly tired.

 

“Don’t tell me you are getting jealous now. I still give you some pleasure despite everything.”

 

Nayeon was looking way too pleased with herself, everyone else in that room just had a shiver of disgust run through them. Jihyo thought this was making things easier for her, if she was being honest.

 

“What I feel never really mattered to you. We don’t lie to each other, let’s not start now.” The engineer said firmly. “You love your flings and our marriage was mostly you thinking you were doing me a favor. Let’s just go our separate ways and I can move on from you.”

 

Jihyo didn’t wait for an answer and stormed out, Nayeon just felt her headache increase, but wasn’t  opposed to getting divorced. If anything, ending this marriage would mean Chaeyoung getting off her back about it and she could go back to getting with all the cute girls she came across. 

 

“Look, do you have a lawyer in mind, or do we just reach out to our own legal department?” The manager sighs exasperatedly.

 

“Aren’t you putting your wife on my case?” Nayeon says nonchalantly.

 

“I’m your manager, she is married to me and you know her to an extent. She can’t represent you. Don’t tell me you are that dumb.”

 

“I told you to not call me that!” The idol tries to lash out.

 

“And I told you to mind the paparazzi! Yet, here we are!”

 

“How was I supposed to know they were there!”

 

“You were supposed to be a married woman and respect your wife, maybe even spend some time with said wife at your own home! That was what you were supposed to do!” Chaeyoung loses it and her team is thankful the room is soundproof. “This is something that should never have happened at all!”

 

“Don’t be such a prude.” Nayeon dismisses. “You’ve known me from the beginning and you’ve known that I love having my flings.”

“Then don’t get married to begin with! If you had no intention of respecting Jihyo and your relationship, why did you even entertain it for this long!”

 

“Because it felt like the right thing to do, I mean, she was really nice and wanted to be with me. I thought marrying her would make up for my toys.” The idol shrugs, but looks like she is done with the conversation.

 

“Look, I’ll talk to the legal department and we’ll find you a lawyer. You do know she is entitled to compensation for your cheating, right?”

 

“I don’t mind. Might as well give her a parting gift.”

 

“And do you want to contest anything? Do you feel you are being wronged in this divorce or whatever?” Chaeyoung doesn’t care, but she had to ask clearly.

 

“Nah, I’m alright. I know it hasn’t been much, but this thing with Jihyo lasted much longer than I imagined it would.”

 

The manager sighs deeply but moves on with the meeting. Everything else is very protocol, they relay everything that would happen to the schedule, tell Nayeon she is forbidden from posting anything in social media until further notice, then go through all the explanations about how the divorce should proceed (Chaeyoung had someone from the legal department sit the meeting too, but they weren’t really specialized in divorce, so they were just giving basic instructions). Jihyo had arrived at Sana's office about forty minutes after she left the meeting. She stopped for some coffee and muffins for both to enjoy before they kept discussing legal matters.

 

The whole process was fairly painless, court hearings consisted of Jihyo, Sana and Nayeon’s lawyer. The idol, obviously, never showed up for anything and her lawyer had his hands tied, but it didn’t matter much, Jihyo didn’t really want anything, despite Sana insisting that she should get what she was owed, the korean said she would settle for Nayeon never contacting her again and the idol’s lawyer even proposed a restraining order so he could end things in their favor. Sana, the sly fox she was, demanded a contract, instead of a court order, in which Nayeon would pledge to never contact her ex-wife again, agreeing to a fine of five million won whenever she broke said contract, it was pretty air tight and it even had a non expiration clause. Not that Nayeon’s lawyer could change much about said contract, the idol said she’d sign anything as long as the divorce went through.

 

Nayeon scoffed at what her lawyer told her, but signed the contract without much thought, she didn’t think she would be seeing Jihyo again regardless. The woman had even moved out without her knowing, and honestly, it was better to end things without her having to actually attend any hearings and be seen walking out of court. A scandal like that would be career ending for her, especially if anyone did any digging and found she was getting divorced, it would be easy enough to connect the dots and figure out she was having extra marital flings. It was hard enough for sightings of her leaving other idols’ places to blow over, this whole thing with Jihyo would drive her out of the country, in the best case scenario.

 

Jihyo remained great friends with Sana and Chaeyoung, they even went out for dinners and hung out at each others’ places whenever they had the time. A little short of a year later, Sana was celebrating her birthday and Jihyo met someone. Alright, she was ‘introduced’ to Tzuyu by force because Chaeyoung vouched for the woman and her wife was a hopeless romantic. They were sat at the same table by their friends and told to not get up without having set a date.

 

“Should we exchange numbers and coordinate for that date? I doubt Sana will let it go if we don’t.” Jihyo laughed as the couple walked away.

 

“I’m pretty sure Chaeyoung will kidnap us and prepare a romantic dinner herself if we take too long.” Tzuyu chuckled along.

 

“I’m Park Jihyo, it’s very nice to meet you.”

 

“Chou Tzuyu. And I must say, Chaengie has talked you up, like a lot.”

 

“Oh, Sana hasn’t had a single conversation with me without you coming up for the last four months.” The older woman sighs humoredly.

 

“Right, so.” The younger one passes along her phone. “Plus, I like what I see, and I’m sure I’ll love what I’ll find out too.”

 

Jihyo smirks at the cheeky remark, but inputs her number regardless. They make some idle conversation, learning tidbits about each other and finding a lot in common. Sana was b with happiness, she had been keeping an eye on the two they set up and couldn’t contain her excitement when she saw them looking quite chummy and undoubtedly giddy. Chaeyoung breathed in relief, she was there for the aftermath of the divorce, Sana had been held back by the judge and asked her wife to take the engineer home, Jihyo was so out of herself that she didn’t notice she was being walked to her apartment by the manager, breaking down the moment she was past the threshold. All Chaeyoung could do was guide the woman to the couch, make them some tea and let her cry it out, but the image is burned on her mind forever, she vowed to never again indulge Im Nayeon’s whims and to help Jihyo find happiness that day.

 

Tzuyu knew about Jihyo and everything she’d been through, she was aware of her daughter and that the entire marriage was taxing enough, the divorce was just devastating and the older woman took quite a while to get back to herself. Jihyo also knew a lot about Tzuyu, she knew the younger one was an actress, worked mostly in south-east asia, but also endorsed a few european brands which she modeled for, didn’t have a problematic love story and most of her public relationships had been for publicity’s sake. When the date did come, Sana took the day off and showed up around seven in the morning, she got into a bit of a scuffle with Jeongyeon when the taller one arrived a few hours later, but Momo (bess her) defused the impending fight reminding them they were there to make sure Jihyo wouldn’t embarrass herself and take care of little Dahyunnie while mama was out.

 

“Have fun, darling!” Sana says, waving little Dahyun’s hand.

 

“Call me if anything happens.” Jihyo looks back worried. “An-”

 

“We know, Jyo.” Jeongyeon says from the kitchen. “Just go and have fun.”

 

“Fine.” 

 

Tzuyu had arrived and was waiting by the passenger’s side to open the door for her date. Jihyo felt giddy, she never had someone take her on a proper date like this, much less out in the open for anyone to see. They made their way to a rather popular restaurant, Tzuyu was completely unbothered with getting their picture taken together, she had already warned her manager and the agency had absolutely nothing against it, they also did some digging on Jihyo’s past, but this time it wasn’t revealed to anyone, not even Tzuyu, that the agency did so. Sure, it was Im Nayeon’s ex, who had a child and the timing made it seem like it was Im Nayeon’s child, but Tzuyu had told them that herself and said she was more than fine with it. Who are they to say anything when the actress herself had been told the whole truth and her interest in this woman had only increased.

 

“So, when do I get to meet Dahyunnie?” Tzuyu asked excitedly while they waited for dessert.

 

“Oh?” Jihyo is surprised. “Maybe after we’ve been together for a while?”

 

If Tzuyu hadn’t known how disastrous Jihyo’s last relationship was, she’d be a little offended by the answer, but it was expected that the older woman would want things to progress a bit further before taking meaningful steps like this.

 

“Alright, so when do I take you out on another date, then?”

 

“Whenever you have the time? I mean, you know I can fit my schedule around anything, I’d just need someone to look after Dahyun for me.”

 

“Oooor-”

 

“I’m not bringing her along for now.” The older woman nips it in the bud. “You seem lovely, Tzu. But after the last one, I’d really love to have things progress naturally.”

 

“I understand. I’ll talk to my manager and tell you when I’ll have free time again.” How about we go out for a picnic next time?”

 

“That would be wonderful, I’d love that.” Jihyo’s smile is so bright that her date gets lost for a moment.

 

They are broken out of their little bubble when the chef themselves comes with their desserts. They heard Chou Tzuyu had finally brought a date and wanted to congratulate the actress (check out who Tzuyu had brought). Tzuyu was a regular, but she always went either alone or with her friends, many times even being a voluntary third wheel. The chef talked to them a bit longer, but was rushed back to the kitchen for some sauce emergency, Jihyo had to laugh at that. The date ended on a great note, both promising to call later in the evening after the engineer had put her daughter to sleep.

 

“Okay, tell us everything!” Sana says as soon as her friend opens the door.

 

“Love, let her remove her shoes and get inside first?” Chaeyoung calls from inside.

 

“Yeah, Jyo. Go on and change so you can tell us everything.” Jeongyeon added.

 

“And where is my daughter?” Jihyo decided to ignore everyone.

 

“Momo is finishing her bath, now go change.” The taller one said impatiently.

 

Jihyo had not much choice but to comply. She changed out of her date clothes and sent Tzuyu a quick message that she would be interrogated but would text her later about calling. The actress just sent back a ‘good luck’ with a laughing emoji and Jihyo was annoyed but endeared. The engineer retold everything that happened that evening in detail, then repeated as many times as it took for her friends to be satisfied, what saved her was Dahyun whining and Jihyo slipped away to care for her baby. The two couples grilled their friend for so long that it became too late to go home, so they crashed where they were, luckily Jihyo had some inflatable mattresses and they all spread out in the living room.

 

The next date with Tzuyu went great, so did the next and the next, and with Sana and Chaeyoung vouching for the woman, Jihyo decided that three months into their relationship and two headlines later was a good moment for her girlfriend to meet her daughter. Jeongyeon, as the overprotective godmother and best friend she was, wanted to be there at all times and ensure this Tzuyu girl wouldn’t try anything funny, Momo cut that out the moment it left her fiance’s lips. But Jihyo knew her friend was just worried so she compromised and let her best friend come over in the morning to help prepare the dishes. But the taller one had to promise to leave right after lunch and Momo had been enlisted to make sure that would happen.

 

“How is the most beautiful girl in this world?” Tzuyu says as soon as the door is opened.

 

“Dahyun is playing on her tummy.” Jihyo answers, unphased.

 

“And how are you, my love?” The younger woman pecks her girlfriend’s lips.

 

“I’m alright, a bit nervous, I must confess.”

 

“I promise Dahyun will love me and then I'll be able to finally propose to you without you being hesitant anymore.”

 

Jihyo had nothing to say to that, how do you even respond to something like this. And Tzuyu was so nonchalant about it too, she just said it, pecked her girlfriend again and headed inside, like she was home, even though it was her first time entering the place. The computer engineer only broke out of her stupor when she heard Tzuyu make the highest pitch and softest voice she had ever heard, and then Dahyun giggled a little. Getting to the living room, the scene was just so endearing that Jihyo thought marrying this woman wouldn’t be a bad idea at all. 

 

Tzuyu had laid on her stomach too, and was playing with Dahyun, who was smiling widely ang giggling like crazy and trying to reach the toy being waved in front of her. 

Their day went better than anyone could have imagined, Tzuyu was just so lovely with her daughter that Jihyo couldn’t hold herself once the baby had been put down for her nap. The couple had been cuddling on the couch when it happened, the moment felt so perfect that everything just came flowing out of Jihyo naturally.

 

“Will you marry me?” The shorter woman blurted.

 

“And here I thought I had already proposed.” 

 

“I know you said it earlier, but I just had to say it right now.”

 

“How about we wait a bit longer, see how your daughter and I get along and how things progress, then we can talk about getting married.” Tzuyu says softly.

 

“Fine.” Jihyo huffs cutely. “But only if you say yes when I ask again.”

 

“I can’t predict the future, but I’m sure I’ll say yes.”

 

Jihyo smiles and kisses her girlfriend softly. The feeling was mutual, but Tzuyu was right, they should take their time and see how things go. Another four months after that day, Jihyo asked again. They had gone out to a family picnic at a park just outside Seoul, there were a few paparazzi but neither women minded. Tzuyu had already learned to ignore them, and Jihyo was getting there, she was great at spotting them now. Baby Dahyun had been in a great mood, babbling her little heart out and getting angry when she noticed the adults weren’t paying attention to her, it was adorable. 

 

After a little walk around the lake, Tzuyu had pointed out a great spot in the shade and the couple settled there. They had been talking while making sure Dahyun was playing well, Tzuyu leaned against a tree and Jihyo between her legs. The engineer felt it again, this time she had a ring ready, and decided it was time to ask again. Jihyo scanned the area for the paparazzi they had spotted earlier, but didn’t see anyone around, maybe they went to eat or something, she didn’t dwell much in it and just took her chance.

 

“Marry me?” Jihyo said, bringing up the little box with the ring she spent weeks working with the jeweler about.

 

“It would be my honor.” Was Tzuyu’s answer, before turning the other around for a passionate kiss.

 

Little Dahyunnie squealed in joy when she saw the two women hugging each other tightly and raised her little arms to join too. They chuckled and Jihyo picked her daughter up, Tzuyu kissing the baby’s head and wrapping her arms around both her girls. The next morning, there were headlines with the three in that loving hug and the tabloids were speculating if this was some sort of secret family or a sordid affair. The company didn’t bother releasing any statements and Tzuyu had already communicated that she would be getting engaged soon, they noticed the band around her finger, very clear in the photo, but since nobody was pointing it out, PR just opted to not mention it either. 

 

“How about we start living together now that we are officially engaged?” Tzuyu asked one evening as they cuddled.

 

“That is something to think about.” Jihyo hummed sleepily.

 

“Don’t fall asleep on me, now!” 

 

“I’m awake, I promise.”

 

“No, you are not.” The younger woman chuckled. “But living together, what do you say?”

 

“Would we move to any of our places or look for somewhere new?”

 

Tzuyu was just so happy Jihyo agreed to living together that she rose to her feet and started silently celebrating. The older woman just watched on fondly, but pulled her fiance back down after a few minutes, she wanted cuddles.

 

“I think we should look for somewhere new. Get a big house somewhere safe so Dahyunnie can run around freely.” Tzuyu wondered aloud. “Maybe with more bedrooms in case we decide to have another one?”

 

“I like that idea.” Jihyo hummed and kissed the other woman. “Want to start trying for another one?”

 

With Jihyo looking at her so seductively, and crawling on top of her, what was Tzuyu gonna say? No?! Sure, they hadn’t gone there yet, but today was their engagement day, both were already talking about their future together, the thoughts about how their lives would go made the fact that this would be their first time being intimate fly right out the window. The next day started early with Dahyun waking them up around seven, Tzuyu decided to go ahead and make breakfast for them while Jihyo took care of the baby. The actress stole some of her fiance’s clothes, which were too short on her but smelled like Jihyo so she loved it and wasn’t intending on taking them off, ever.

 

Not much later, Jihyo enters the kitchen and places Dahyun on her high chair, mostly so she could prepare the girl’s bottle and not worry. The baby, as she often did lately, had been babbling nonstop, until Tzuyu walked over and gave the little girl a kiss on the head, smiling at the happy squeal she received at that. They were mid breakfast when little Dahyun surprised them both.

 

“Weewee!” The baby squealed.

 

Jihyo and Tzuyu freeze, with wide eyes and unable to really process what just happened.

“Weewee!” Dahyun repeats.

 

“Oh my god, did she just-” Jihyo gets teary eyed.

 

“She did!” Tzuyu celebrates and picks the girl up. “Can you say it again, Dahyunnie?”

 

“Weewee!” 

 

“That’s right, love! You are the best girl ever!”

 

Jihyo celebrated but remembered to take a video, it was her daughter’s first word! Despite the girl saying Tzuyu’s name first, which will forever be held over the engineer’s head, this was an amazing moment. Tzuyu danced around the kitchen with the baby in hand and Dahyun just understood she did something amazing, so she kept squealing and calling the model’s name. That was the scene Jeongyeon and Momo arrived to, the best friend had her own key and the couple knew they’d be showing up anytime now. Jihyo had also joined the dancing around at that point.

 

“What is going on?” Momo asked, curious and very amused.

 

“Weewee!” Dahyun said to the new arrivals.

 

“I can’t believe Hyunnie’s first word is this giant’s name.” Jeongyeon shook her head, but was thoroughly entertained.

 

“I know, right! But it makes perfect sense.” Momo agreed.

 

“I’ll be calling Sana and Chaeng too, we need to celebrate!” Jihyo announced, not minding anything else.

 

Sure enough, it was a great celebration. Jihyo went all out, but nobody was stopping her, Sana even joined in and ordered a huge cake from that one super expensive bakery near her office they all loved but didn’t really buy from outside special dates. Baby Dahyun was just really happy that everyone was ecstatic about this new thing she did. Once they start calming down and sit on the couch to talk a bit, after putting the kid down for her nap, is when Tzuyu decided to talk about the move.

 

“So, I know we just got officially engaged not long ago, but Jihyo and I were talking about moving.” The tallest one announces.

 

“I mean, it makes sense if you think about the future.” Momo shrugs. “You two are going to be married soon, and Dahyunnie will start running around in no time. Might as well find a quiet neighborhood with good schools in the area.”

 

“You two already have somewhere in mind?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Not really, we just started talking about that last night.” Jihyo offers. “But if you have someone who can help us with this, we’d be more than thankful.”

 

“I know a few real estate agents who specialize in celebs.” The manager supplies. “With Tzu getting bigger and bigger, might as well get something that will offer you the privacy and security you’ll need.”

 

“We’ll take the recommendations, thanks Chae.” Tzuyu grabs her friend’s arm and squeezes a little in gratitude.

 

“Also, speaking of weddings, what are the plans?” Jeongyeon stopped eating her cake to ask.

 

“We haven’t talked about it yet.” The model shrugs.

 

“We could just get married and have the wedding later.” Jihyo suggests. “Dahyunnie is too young for us to leave her with someone while we go through it all and with finding a new place and moving, I don’t think we could fit a wedding in anytime soon.”

 

“Plus, I don’t know how long it would take to have some media control over the event. Like, yeah, I want to show my girls to the world and tell them they are mine.” Tzuyu expands. “But I also want things to be published on our own terms, and we might have to take some time to discuss how we’ll handle the public.”

 

“That’s true, managing the media circus is something you should have planned before anything.” Chaeyoung agrees, her years of experience making her understand it instantly. “If yall need any help, just give me a call.”

 

“Aren’t you a supportive friend.” Sana pinches her wife’s cheeks.

 

The japanese was known to find her wife the cutest, the group knew Chaeyoung being a true friend like this would awaken her instincts to squeal and squeeze the woman to death. Chaeyoung, in turn, had fallen for her wife’s kindness and huge heart, Sana reacting like this was one of the things she loved the most. It was nice, they were an unlikely couple but worked so well together. Dahyun woke up with the squealing, grumbled a little bit and called for Tzuyu again. The adults laughed at Jihyo’s affronted expression, which held no malice behind it at all. Yeah, this time it will be great.