The apocalipse? - MoHyo

Everybody loves Jihyo!

 

 

Jihyo was relaxing on the couch after a very annoying and almost useless work day, she spent the entirety of her work hours dealing with that one client nobody wanted and she got stuck with thanks to a flu on an estrategic day. She was waiting for her fiancè to arrive home as well, so they could get to that dinner they had been postponing for the last three weeks, she doesn’t mind, she knows how the woman’s job can be extremely demanding and overtime is almost a requirement, but they still need their own time to pamper each other.

 

There is the sound of a portal opening, the screams of tortured souls, hoofs sounding on the wooden floor, which sizzles slightly at the contact, then everything goes silent for a few seconds. Jihyo smiles lovingly when the usual whine reaches her ears, who knew the devil would be such a baby, then she remembers and screams.

 

“STOP RIGHT THERE AND GET RID OF THOSE HOOFS, I’M NOT CHANGING THE FLOORBOARDS AGAIN!” 

 

“But Ji, I’m already tired, the transformation is too bothersome.” See? The devil is just a whiny baby, but she is Jihyo’s baby.

 

Jihyo gets up and heads to the entrance, after the day the portal was opened on their bedroom and got their bed burned down, Jihyo had gone into a two hour scolding and it was decided portals were restricted to the entrance area. So, the smaller woman stands there, looking as manancing as ever, making sure to get her point across, and it would be the third time that month they would have to replace the entrance floor.

 

“Momo, you change your lower body right now, or you are not setting foot in this house.”

 

“It’s my house too, you know.” Momo tries to negotiate, but brings her feet back anyways.

 

“Good, now go wash that pits of suffering whatever off and we are going for dinner.”

 

“But I want to cuddle and maybe kisses.” There is the whining again.

 

Jihyo just shoots more daggers and goes back to the living room silently, Momo whines some more but moves to do what she was told. It’s funny to see the queen of hell being that whipped for a mortal, well, semi-mortal, but still. They were an odd couple, and their friends would often question how they managed to work out that well, yet, here they are, engaged, living together and the happiest they had ever been.

 

Both met at the annual deity convention, Jihyo was forced to go when Nayeon, who happens to be her older half-sister that managed these things, ran away with Dahyun (another deity like them), caused chaos and she got thrown the responsibilities. Momo didn’t have much choice, she could try to get away with asking Chaeyoung to take over for her, but they worked the same place on different ends, so it was never really something she tried.

 

The first time they interacted was when Chaeyoung was speaking up, trying to get the budget for Charon’s boat to, finally, be replaced, and Momo moved in favor, even agreeing to relocate some of her own budget to help a sister out. Jihyo had asked to speak and just laid out a perfect solution for the request where nobody would have to give up that much and the replacement could go through. Chaeyoung was eternally grateful for the help, and Momo was in love from the moment she laid her eyes on Jihyo.

 

The daughter of Athena was a bit harder to woo over than Momo had anticipated, she is the devil, seducing people is part of her job and there she was, looking like a . It was never hard to seduce Nayeon, but she guessed the goddess would be better at handling whatever they came to do, which probably wasn’t the same for a demigod. Then again, Omoikane was not that wise, as it had been proven. Really, what was she thinking running away with that damn fox to come back a few decades later, simply claiming it didn’t work out. Does that brat even know the trouble she caused?!

 

Momo had been remembering those times while getting ready, that got her in a slightly sour mood, so she gets back to the living room, finding Jihyo on the couch playing with Herbert (Momo’s familiar, yes they exist, yes she had one). The racoon jumps away when Momo approaches, allowing the woman to fall with her face on her fiancè’s lap, sighing deeply as she feels the exhaustion leaving her body, Jihyo had that very much desired effect on her, no matter how hard her day had gone.

 

“Do you want to order something and just cuddle the night away?” Jihyo offers.

 

“Can we? I know I owe you a dinner, but it would be very nice to just stay home in our ugly pajamas and let me cuddle you until we are too tired to stay awake.” Momo has those damn puppy eyes that make Jihyo weak on the knees.

 

“Fine, but we are ordering from a nice place.” Jihyo gives up. “And my pajamas aren’t ugly, you just don’t understand my fine taste in clothes.”

 

“You know I know you let Chaeyoung drag you to that shopping afternoon and you regret buying the green pikachu pajamas, right? I love you, but you don’t need to be that stubborn with those things.” Momo laughs.

 

“Remember to order something nice for Herbert too, I’m going to get my nice pajamas on and some wine in the decanter.” Jihyo ignores what the other just said and gets up.

 

Momo starts whining again, about how she lost her pillow, why was dinner on her, about there not being any reason to order Herbert anything, he ate trash for crying out loud, that they should go out pajama shopping soon because she hated those ugly green pajamas, and whatever else neither Jihyo nor Herbert had the patience to keep listening to. They ended up with some fine sushi that Tzuyu had delivered herself, some deep water species only she could get her hands on. Momo may or may not have promised a favor in exchange for that.

 

“I’m back, was that Tzuyu I just heard?” Jihyo asks entering the kitchen, she made sure to wear the cotton pajamas Momo had given her on Christmas.

 

“Oh, I like those.” The woman compliments, eyeing the clothing choice. “And yes, I got us sushi.”

 

“You didn’t promise her another favor for those, right?” 

 

“She likes you too much, don’t worry.” The devil goes to envelop her lover in a tight hug, beginning her seduction game that rarely works.

 

“Sure, just don’t let me catch you two trying to cut Charon’s beard because of a dare with Chae again. Now let’s eat, I was promised cuddles.” Jihyo lets go, it would be too much of a headache to try and argue about it.

 

They do eat and Tzuyu, as always, has a perfect selection for them, Jihyo was always happy with whatever abyssal fish she was given, they tasted the best, although very chewy (absolutely no pun intended). Herbert got some rotisserie chicken with cheddar sauce, he loved the combination and nobody knew what was so good about it. It was a nice dinner, they talked, Momo complained about the increasing workload and Jihyo about how difficult teenagers were, especially when they became trainees. 

 

Before long they had finished the dishes and found themselves back on their couch, the fireplace was lit, despite not being needed, Momo claimed it was all about the romance, so Jihyo never tried to stop her, and Herbert loved sleeping in front of the flames, whatever type of hell’s familiar behaviour that was. It was normal to find the racoon sleeping on the dying embers in the morning. It was a routine Jihyo loved since they began doing it, they had been together for, about, 127 years, living together for 120 of them, there was never a day that Momo didn’t come home and hugged Jihyo to sleep tightly.

 

“Mo, I think we should get married.”

 

“What?”

 

“Getting married? The two of us? I think it’s time.”

 

“I know we’ve been engaged for over one hundred years, but you had never mentioned marriage before now, I even asked sixty years ago and you said it wasn’t needed.”

 

“I know, but that was then, now I think we should marry.”

 

“I’m all up for it, but why now?”

 

“Because your whiny might have gotten me pregnant.” Jihyo blurts out and hopes for the best.

 

“I- you- Is this for real?” Momo jumps up in excitement. “You are telling me we are having a child?” Then she halts. “I-”

 

Momo passes out, and that’s the worst situation Jihyo was hoping didn’t happen, you see, Momo did look like a small and delicate woman, but her true form was gigantic, one can’t expect the queen of hell to be that meek, therefore, Momo passing out was something Jihyo very much did NOT want, even in her demigod glory she was far from being able to hoist her lovely fiancè. Herbert just came up to her and gave her his own little version of a hug and kiss on her cheek, before returning to his bed of fire (quite literally, the fireplace was still going).

 

“Can you come over and help me move Momo?” Jihyo says when she picks up the call. “Great, I’m waiting.”

 

A few seconds later she hears her door opening and some noisy people coming in. Herbert just looks up and sighs before getting back to sleep, that’s when Jihyo gets almost tackled by Sana, if it wasn’t by Mina holding her back, they were an odd couple, but worked so well together. 

 

“Why did she pass out this time?” Mina asks, still holding Sana.

 

“Well, Isuggestedwegotmarriedbecauseimightbepregnant.” Jihyo mumbles out, it would be difficult for anyone else to understand, except the other three in the room with her.

 

“Oh my me! Are you serious?” Mina lights up.

 

“I’m going to pass out a little too.” Is what they get as a heads up before Sana is out as well.

 

“Amaterasu-sama, could you, please, help with moving these two from the floor?”

 

“I shall grant you this prayer if I’m offered some food.” Mina teases with a smirk.

 

“If you know Tzuyu came by and I ended up eating lasagna I made for lunch, and you want whatever we still have, just say it.” Jihyo tries to look displeased.

 

“I’ll take that as a ‘I’m going to take it out of the fridge and plate it for you, oh great goddess’.” Mina doesn’t wait for the answer and proceeds to move Momo to the couple’s bedroom, and Sana to the couch.

 

Jihyo just huffs but moves to prepare the food anyways, Momo could have said something if she was going to have that damn dragon bring them sushi when she shouldn’t be having any was torture. But Sana and Mina were part of their very close friends, living just a floor bellow, not to mention they were entertaining beyond imagination. Mina comes back and sits at the table very eager about her meal to come, and Sana was still out, Jihyo moves to wake the other, she never wanted to repeat that one time Sana was sleeping and they ate without her.

 

“What the hell?” Sana wakes up with a jolt, having taken a very cold glass of water to her face.

 

“No, that’s where Momo works. Mina is eating, you better hurry.” Jihyo warns before she leaves.

 

“Sana, I know you are eating and all, but is it alright if you check for it later? I mean, it’s your specialty and all.”

 

“Sure!” Sana looks up with full of some white fish, then a faint but beautiful green glow envelops both women, and it’s gone as fast as it came. “You got twins, two girls. One takes after you, the other, too much after Momo, but nothing to worry about. Still, do pay a visit to Asclepius whenever he can see you.”

 

“Will do, thank you, Sana.” Jihyo smiles happily.

 

“No problem, caring for the kids is what I do. And this sushi is great, we should get Tzuyu to bring us some too.”

 

“Honey, we all know Momo owns her a favor for this now.” Mina sighs.

 

“That- Is very true, right, forget about it, we can just come over and steal from these two.” Sana agrees.

 

The two finish eating, the sushi and the rest of the lasagna and some more snacks, all the while catching up with each other. Momo woke up at some point, but took her sweet time getting out of bed, she felt like she had been ran over by a truck, Mina dropped her on purpose on the way to her bedroom, but will never admit to it. A lot of groaning later, the little devil comes back to the living room in time to wave their friends goodbye. Jihyo laughs at the distressed face the woman is making, but moves to get her something for the pain and guides them to their bedroom.

 

“Ji, what did Sana say?” Momo asks when she wraps the smaller one in her arms.

 

“She said the girls are fine, but I should go to Asclepius for a checkup whenever he can see me.” 

 

“Wait, girls? As in, more than one?”

 

“That would be right, we are having two girls.” 

 

“So we are bringing the apocalypse with two little girls?” Momo looked too excited for that.

 

“The apocalypse? Nah.” Jihyo dismisses.

 

“Why not? I mean, they are my children after all.”

 

“You have Sakura as well, and she was raised out of it.” The smaller one points out, reminding Momo of another of her daughters who was raised to be a very nice and very respectful woman, and ended up not bringing the apocalypse at all.

 

“That weird cult has been raising my children out of their antichrist roles for centuries already. These two are going to be raised by the two of us, I’m sure we can pull off the end of times.” Momo has a dreamy glance, staring into nothing, Jihyo might be considering joining said cult.