Weird - SaHyo

Everybody loves Jihyo!

“Call cardiology to prep the room, right now! We are sending her up. Who is writing?”

 

“Kim is, Dr. Park.”

 

“Kim, what did she get before I arrived?”

 

“Nothing, dr. Park. You arrived seconds after she was wheeled in.”

 

“Cardio called, they are waiting.” Another nurse announces.

 

“Give her 5 ccs of metoprolol and let’s send her in right now.”

 

“It’s in.”

 

“Strap her for the transfer and let’s move, we don’t have the time to waste.”

 

The team moves with practiced ease, they had been working together for years, and dr. Park Jihyo was one of the easiest doctors to work with. The woman had started as a emergency surgeon five years prior, she specializes in orthopedics and trauma surgery, and worked the worst hours in the E.R. The whole team had a soft spot for her, though, as the young doctor never failed to go out of her way to get acquainted with everyone she worked with.

 

She was a young genius, and never failed to find a way out of most things that were thrown at her. She insisted that being friendly helped understand how your colleagues work dynamics happened, and it made for easier routines and better understanding of each other. Indeed, she was very much correct, as her shifts were the ones with the best workplace environment and her team with the best results so far.

 

“Why do you do that to yourself?” Nayeon, her old friend exclaims as she throws herself on the couch.

 

“I don’t know what you might be talking about. And could you, please, not make my office your bedroom?” Comes the grumpy response.

 

“Oh, come on. It’s not like anyone comes in here anyways.”

 

“What might you mean?”

 

“You are too efficient for your own sake. Have you gotten laid yet?”

 

“Hello? Yes, it’s dr. Park, could you come to my office right away?” Jihyo chooses to ignore her friend and makes a quick call.

 

“Okay, rude. And you didn’t answer my question.” Nayeon complains, still sprawled on the couch.

 

“I believe my personal life is, I don’t know, personal?!” Jihyo gets more irritated.

 

“Like we aren’t centuries past there reservations with each other. Spill, Ji-”

 

“Im Nayeon, you better not be bothering our best doctor again.” A soft but stern voice scolds.

 

“I- Wha-” Nayeon tries to find her words, looking between Jihyo and the new arrival.

 

“That call you called me rude for? Yeah, I was calling Chae.” Dr. Park answers with a smug grin.

 

“That’s not fair. I am genuinely worried about you, as your best friend and all.” Dr. Im protests.

 

“Ji hates when you try to snoop around her love life, you know that. Why do you keep doing it anyways?” Chaeyoung questions as she sits down on the couch.

 

“I’m doing what a best friend should do. I’m looking out for her.” Then she looks at Jihyo. “Calling Chae over was low. But I’m going to let it slide because you did save that girl you sent me earlier.”

 

“It’s not my fault you are dating the hospital’s director, dr. Im ‘head-of-cardiology’ Nayeon. And not my fault said director happens to be my half sister.” Dr. Park offers a shrug.

 

“She does have a point, babe. But, Ji, Yonnie also has a point. You never dated, I never know of anyone you have any interest in, I’m worried you are planning on spending eternity alone.” Director Son mediates.

 

Jihyo and Chaeyoung shared the same father, but different mothers. Both had got their mothers family names, it helped to avoid gossip about the ‘prodigy’ doctor having ties with the director and diminishing Jihyo’s true skills. Not that she failed to prove her ability time and again, but the board were never interested in the truth anyways. Nayeon had been dating Chaeyoung for a few centuries now, a very unlikely couple, Chaeyoung and Jihyo were vampires, descendants from a very ancient and very noble lineage, whilst Nayeon was a Naga, one of the last of her kind and also a very much royal one among her race.

 

It was not unusual for vampires to dwell on the medical field, blood was easier to be acquired that way, but it was almost unheard of them practicing medicine, even less dealing with trauma surgery, it was supposed to be torture for them to around that amount of blood and not feeding on a daily basis. Jihyo was a very peculiar case, in this matter, she didn’t really feed that much, only going to the forest and hunting animals once, maybe twice a year, and she swore the amount of human blood around her everyday never bothered her.

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” Chaeyoung asks, after seeing her sister silent for a while.

 

“I’m not thinking of anything, really. Just zoned out for a while.” Jihyo tried sounding like she wasn’t mulling over Nayeon’s words.

 

“Sure.” The younger one says curtly. “Look, since I’m already here, I’m giving you the heads up. A new doctor is arriving soon, she is coming as a pediatric surgeon, orthopedics. So, you are the one showing her around, sys.”

 

“And I haven’t been warned of anything so far because?” Jihyo sounds frustrated.

 

“I know you are the head of orthopedics and all, but this is more of a politics transfer, so we kind of had to take her. But nothing is really official yet, this is just privileged information this far.” Chaeyoung is nonchalant about it all.

 

“Yeah, and I have no say in this, I’m guessing.” Jihyo receives a nod. “Well, just tell me when she’s getting here so I can fix my schedule. It’s not the first, nor is it going to be the last time these transfers happen.” Jihyo sighs in defeat.

 

“Sure thing. Let’s go, babe.” Chae stands up to leave but stops at the door. “Oh, and she’s abnormal too, I just don’t know what she is yet.”

 

Jihyo just waves her sister off and dives back into her paperwork. Turns out, said girl was arriving in a few days, the official memo came in the next day, and Jihyo tried to make free time in her schedule to go through the introductions and whatever. They still didn’t know what the girl was, but director Son said she was coming from their japanese partners, and it was a very important transfer or whatever for their business. Jihyo didn’t really care for the details, and that’s exactly why Chaeyoung got the head position, while she was the PR for their family, the exact opposite of what they should be.

 

“Good morning, I’m here for my first day? I’m doctor Minatozaki.” A young woman says to the receptionist on a friday morning.

 

“Just a second, please.” The woman asks, before making a quick call and returning. “Director Son is waiting for you, here is your temporary pass, just go to the elevators on the left and get to the tenth floor.”

 

“Thank you very much, have a nice day.” The bubbly doctor says, before bouncing away.

 

Chaeyoung paged Jihyo as soon as she got the call, getting an answer that her sister was in surgery at the moment and would get back to her when she could. The paperwork could be completed while they waited anyways, so it wasn’t much to worry. The short director made her way to the elevator, only to be met with a nose-twisting, face-scrunching odor, so this girl was a werewolf, it would have been nice to get a warning beforehand, maybe get herself ready for that. She steels herself before the doors open, anyways.

 

“Minatozaki Sana?” The woman nods. “I’m director Son Chaeyoung, welcome.” She reaches out for a handshake.

 

“You are too comfortable with me for a vampire.” The bubbly one remarks.

 

“Part of the business, I guess? Come with me, your paperwork is waiting in my office.”

 

The new doctor growls in protest, those things were never fun, and she was hoping to avoid doing it as long as she could. Now THAT plan failed like a bad student. The director looks back and laughs, the distress didn’t suit the happy image the woman had at all.

 

“Would you like something to drink? We will be here for a while. Dr. Park, the head of orthopedics, she is in surgery right now, and we have to wait for her. And this should be completed anyways, so…” Chaeyoung drawls out, motioning to the files on her table.

 

“Let’s just get this over with? I can tell you don’t like this as much as I don’t director Son.” Sana resigns to her fate. “And I’d like a water, if possible.”

 

What seemed like an eternity later, Jihyo knocks on the door, excusing herself before coming in, the woman looked drained, despite her superhuman constitution, even Sana could see that exhaustion was the woman’s middle name at that point. Regardless, the werewolf was intrigued, this little woman was certainly not human, she could smell that, but it was impossible for her to figure out exactly what, that might turn out to be more interesting than she signed up for.

 

“Good afternoon, I’m dr. Park Jihyo. I apologise for my delay.”

 

“Not a all, Kim called in, she explained there was an emergency surgery.” Chaeyoung tranquilizes her sister.

 

“Still, I believe I should apologise. I made you two wait for too long, I believe.” Jihyo says, as she bows apologetically.

 

“It’s alright, we all know how surgeries can go, especially the emergency ones.” Sana stands up to greet the other doctor.

 

“This was a very interesting one, though. A young man, early twenties, came in with a smashed patella and dislocated femur, it was lodged behind his hip bone that, unbelievably, didn’t even crack with the trauma.” Jihyo tells, excitedly.

 

“Now, that is something to see. I’ve only heard of two other instances where that type of trauma.” Sana ponders, equally excited.

 

“I’m stopping you both right there.” Chaeyoung intervenes when Jihyo is about to speak again. “Time for you to tour her around and show her to her office.” She directs to her sister. “Now shoo, I have somewhere to be.”

 

“Tell Nayeon I said hi.” Jihyo says over her shoulder, heading out after Sana.

 

The two doctors head to the elevator, Sana still thinking about how the surgery dr. Park had just described might have gone, and wondering if she would come across interesting cases like that one. After a few years seeing all kinds of stupidity induced trauma, she wanted some less predictability.

 

“I have to ask, is it usual to get unusual cases here?”

 

“Not that often, at least not for pediatrics. Sorry.” Jihyo offers a smile.

 

“But I can scrub in sometimes, right?” Sana insists.

 

“That would be up to the head surgeon. But sure, if they agree, there’s no harm.” Jihyo stops walking in front of an office. “This is your new office, dr. Minatozaki.”

 

“I thought it would take longer.” Sana steps in behind the short doctor. “It looks great, and the view isn’t too bad also.” The window was towards the garden at the back.

 

“This whole floor is pediatrics, all the specialized offices are on this side of the floor, I’ll introduce you to all the doctors, but there is a map behind your door.” Dr. Park explains, earning a nod. “The head of pediatrics should come by later today, or early tomorrow to greet you and give you your case files. It’s dr. Wang, he is a cardiologist, he is operating today, a very complicated case, I believe it will take him a while.”

 

“That’s alright, I’m not set to start seeing patients until wednesday anyhow.” Dr. Minatozaki asures. “About that tour.”

 

“Right, follow me.”

 

Jihyo proceeds to show the woman around the pediatrics floor, proceeding to the orthopedics floor, where she introduces the entire team, then down to the E.R., it was all very professional, Sana noticed. It was strange, that was clearly a supernatural being, yet, Sana couldn’t pinpoint which kind, the younger (she assumed) doctor smelled like a warm summer afternoon in a forest, by a lake. It was so welcoming and comforting, yet, something told her to keep her distance.

 

“Do you have any other questions, places you would like to see and I haven’t shown you…” Jihyo draws out, leaving the invitation open to anything the other could want to ask.

 

“I think we covered everything. I am hungry, though.” The taller woman chuckles.

 

“Sure, follow me.”

 

They proceed to the staff cafeteria, talking about whatever, getting to know each other, Jihyo never let her professional stance waver, Sana was bothered by that, they were supposed to be getting acquainted but there seemed to be a very clear wall between them, not to mention dr. Park had a mesmerizing figure, and a very attractive aura, combined with her good natured personality…. Let’s just say Sana had more than enough to entertain her fantasies for the rest of eternity.

 

Jihyo got paged for an emergency halfway through lunch, Sana just told her she would get back to director Son and then go home, they could talk again later, sending the frantic doctor off. It came to her, that she could take the time and talk to some of the staff, she sure saw some nurses looking at her during the tour, maybe start there.

 

Making her way back to the E.R. nurse station, Sana spotted some nurses talking, it didn’t look like they were exactly on call, so she decided to approach, may as well get to know her colleagues, bonus that they are pretty girls.

 

“Good afternoon, ladies.” Sana greets as she approaches. “I’m dr. Minatozaki Sana, it’s my first day today.”

 

“We saw you with dr. Park, some were disheartened thinking she finally got together with someone. I’m nurse Kim Dahyun, this is Park Sooyoung.” The short (at least close to her friend) one greets.

 

“How so? Dr. Park is that popular?” The doctor gets interested, not forgetting to shake hands with both nurses.

 

“It really is your first day, huh?! Dr. Park is one of the most popular ones around here, doesn’t help that she is very oblivious to flirting, or anything romantic in general.” Nurse Park explains with a smile.

 

“I did notice everyone seemed to be looking at us, I thought it was just because I was new.”

 

“Partially, but they should quiet down when they see you in scrubs walking around. Seeing you with dr. Park may have earned you some side-eyes today, it should stop once director Son introduces you properly, though.” Nurse Kim offers.

 

“She told me about that, the official communication should be today, and there will be a quick announcement for the pediatric and orthopedics department monday morning, as I was told.” Sana ponders, earning understanding nods from both women.

 

They make some more conversation, before the new doctor headed to the other two departments to introduce herself as well, it seemed the intriguing dr. Park was somewhat an idol at the hospital, and, according to what her sister had told her, in the east asia medical society in general. Seeing her in person, dr. Minatozaki was eager to experience for herself the charms of dr. Park Jihyo.

 

Everything was fine for the first few months, Jihyo was an angel, possibly literally, and Sana never had an easier transition, the lycan noticed the angry looks disappeared as soon as she was announced to both the pediatrics and orthopedics departments, everyone was always more than happy to help, and the whispered comments had vanished as well. That doctor sure had a lot of fans, it seemed, which brought Sana to observe the woman any spare time she had.

 

It had been months, she had been to quite a few gatherings with her workmates, and never once dr. Angel joined in, she was told it was normal and that Jihyo only ever attended official events, never really staying that long as well. On the daily, she would see dr. nice (don’t judge, she had needs too) be the loveliest person she had ever seen with the patients, and a level headed, strict and gentle team leader when on call at the E.R., and a meticulous surgeon, be it orthopedics or trauma. The times Sana had scrubbed in on Jihyo’s surgeries, she was mesmerized by the woman’s ability.

 

All that brought the werewolf to develop a few feelings towards the mysterious woman, sure, she felt physically attracted, but she held a lot of respect and admiration as a doctor, and endearment as a friend. It had been more than easy to befriend dr. Park, she was very nice and open to others, having even told Sana she had a best friend and a younger sister, both working at the hospital.

 

It was a quiet afternoon when Sana had made her way to Jihyo’s office, she had some paperwork to deliver and, maybe, take the time to hit on dr. Dreamy a little. Her plans seemed to wash away with the bucket of cold water she felt she had been hit with. There was this very pretty woman, a doctor, she noted, all over her Jihyo. Wait, her? No, no, no, no.

 

Back to the woman being too intimate for Sana’s taste, and Jihyo seemed comfortable enough with her, was this the one that snatched dr. Park? Who was this woman? She smelled supernatural, but Sana didn’t know the scent, it smelled like rain. Before she could snap out of her thoughts, Jihyo noticed the new presence by the door and invited her in.

 

“Dr. Minatozaki, come in. Tell me those are for me.” The smaller one says, pointing at the folders.

 

“All yours, dr. Park.” Sana smiles. “I can come back later, if you are busy.”

 

“Oh, don’t mind her. Yeonnie, go sit at the couch and be a good girl for me.” The woman just nods, heading to the couch, after giving Sana a knowing smile.

 

“Here you go, but I do have something to discuss with you.”

 

“The Choi case, I’m taking.” Jihyo says, already knowing what this was about.

 

“So you are thinking about it too.”

 

“I have been doing some research, there is a colleague in Nevada that dealt with the exact same case, and he was successful in solving the problem. I asked him to shed some light in it and he sent me the files this morning. I’ll forward them to you and we can work this together with neurology.” Jihyo, as always, is very gentle but extremely professional.

 

“That’s great, then. I’ll have a look at the files and we can set a meeting.”

 

“Let’s hope for the best. Is there anything else we should talk about?” Dr. Park asks, after inspecting the files.

 

“Not at the moment.” Sana ponders. “Oh, I saw you are performing a arthroscopy in a V.V.I.P. today, can I scrub in?”

 

“Would you like to assist?”

 

“Can I? I would love to!” Dr. Minatozaki lights up.

 

“I’ll make the arrangements, but it’s not a problem.”

 

“Hyohyo, I’m bored, can we go have fun, already?” Nayeon whines from the couch.

 

“Just a second.” Jihyo asks Sana, and proceeds to make a quick call. “It’s Jihyo, she is here again…. Yeah, that would be lovely….. Thank you.” She hangs up and turns back to Sana. “Sorry about that.”

 

“Don’t worry. I should get going and finish my rounds before the surgery.” The werewolf stands up. “I’ll see you later.”

 

Dr. Minatozaki makes her way out in haste, looking nervous about something Jihyo had no idea of. The vampire just shrugs it off as a werewolf thing and goes back to the woman grinning at her from her couch, Nayeon looked like she knew something Jihyo didn’t, but that wasn’t anything new, so she just waits for Chaeyoung to arrive and control her girlfriend. It doesn’t take long.

 

“Yeonnie, why do you always come and bother Jihyo? Just come to my office if you have that much free time.”

 

“I came here with a purpose, getting cuddly with Hyo is just a bonus.” Nayeon smirks victoriously.

 

“Just try not to bother her too much to the point she has to call me.” Chaeyoung surrenders.

 

“In my defense, she just called you because wolf girl was bothered.”

 

“In my defense, I was trying to work and you wanted to play around.” Jihyo retorts.

 

“Oh, then it’s alright. Ji, please don’t call me just because Minatozaki is bothered, if you do, I’d better just move my office here.” Chae pleads.

 

“Ooookaaayyy….. You all are weird.”

 

“Oh, Hyohyo, my sweet child. You have so much to learn.” Nayeon coos.

 

“Sure thing, look, I have to go and talk to my patient before the operation, you two.” Jihyo pauses at the door. “Just air out the room after you are done. And get it cleaned up, please.” Then she leaves.

 

After talking to her patient, Jihyo proceeds to check the O.R. and make sure everything is ready to go. Sure, it wasn’t her job to do that, she was the head surgeon for this, and residents were there for that kind of thing, but it was one of her pre-op routines, it helped her calm down. It was only when she steps out of the room that she notices dr. Minatozaki observing her from the window, a smile playing on her lips that Jihyo couldn’t tell which emotions it hid.

 

Sana holds the fond smile as she speaks to the caring doctor. Sure, she was there for the opportunity to watch THE dr. Park Jihyo in action, maybe learn a thing or two, but she couldn’t help but let her heart sway a little.

 

“Dr. Minatozaki, you are early. Is something wrong?”

 

“Not at all, it’s just my pre-op thing, I come and look at the O.R. for a while. It helps me calm down.”

 

“Don’t mind me, then. I’m just going through my rituals as well. Checking everything helps me organize my thoughts and do a mental runthrough the procedures.”

 

“It’s never bad to make sure everything is good to go. If it helps, that’s alright.”

 

Both stand in silence for a while, before the team starts coming in, Jihyo moves to get her shot of coffee before scrubbing in, and Sana goes to start washing her hands. The werewolf was very interested in assisting, it was one thing to observe, it was entirely different to have hands-on experience with a prodigy, at the very least, she would come out having observed how the big girls play.

 

It was supposed to be a five-hour surgery, Jihyo pulled it off in three, and nobody seemed to find it unusual, dr. Minatozaki was perplexed, she had seen everything happening first hand, but it still felt surreal when she had come out and checked the time. Dr. Genius operated with some bubblegum pop playing, and a calm and dexterity that none compared, it got Sana reflecting on her life after everything ended.

 

“It’s alright.” A tall brunette had approached Sana in the cafeteria, where she had been sitting since she came out of the O.R.

 

“I’m sorry, what?” She remembered the woman as the anesthetist.

 

“I’m dr. Chou, head anesthetist. Was it your first time on deck with dr. Park?”

 

“Hello, I’m dr. Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you. Yeah, it was my first time, I had observed before, but it’s very different.”

 

“It’s very different indeed.” The woman chuckles. “But it’s alright. We all went through the same thing on our first time.”

 

“Oh.” Is the only thing Sana manages. She’s glad for being understood, though. “Dr. Chou?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You didn’t tell me your name. Your first name, I mean.”

 

“Tzuyu. Dr. Chou Tzuyu. Don’t worry too much, little pup, the team that works directly with her is just used to it, we’ve been together for a very long time already.” The woman stands up and leaves before Sana manages to say anything.

 

Little pup? So dr. Chou was also abnormal and knew what she was, but Sana had no clue as to what the woman was, though, another unfamiliar smell. It smelled of lemon tea and chocolates, it drew her in and offered comfort, still, no clue of what the woman might be.

 

It was only after that ethereal (?) experience that Sana started noticing the tall and gorgeous dr. Chou. Was that a thing in this hospital? To have smoking hot doctors, that excelled in their fields? She found out that Tzuyu was also very prominent with her researches and findings. What did bring her to Sana’s attention was her proximity with a certain hot pants she was considering pursuing.

 

The two seemed to be in almost all surgeries together, if it wasn’t a trauma operation or a emergency one, they were on the same team, the lycan also noted the duo seemed very close, and she was, now, seeing them everywhere together. It also may or may not have been that she wasn’t seeing anything else whenever she looked at Jihyo, as the two never really changed how they were with each other.

 

Tzuyu was a very ancient Wuchang Gui, the oldest of her kind still awaken (not that she had any plans to slumber, but still), and Jihyo, being the kind hearted diplomat she was, had been close friends with the tall deity, Tzuyu was hesitant at first, but soon found herself having a very soft spot for the small, weird and very endearing vampire, despite the fact she smelled really weird for one, more like a deity like herself, reminding her of Yama.

 

It was about a year since Sana had started at the hospital, and everyone had noticed her interest in everyone’s favorite doctor, except said doctor. And there were heaps of pretty and very capable women hanging around Jihyo, which made everything that much more difficult. Everyone knew that the resident pup had the hots for the resident airhead, and they all took their chances to bother the taller one, it was fun, and most of them were just kinda bored immortals.

 

Jihyo, on her side, had found dr. Minatozaki very weird, she would be very friendly, then turn sour all of a sudden, then get giddy, then give her the stink eye, then go back to friendly. Sometimes in the span of an hour. It was confusing, to say the least, but she had to admit, the woman had talent, and never faltered doing her job, was great with kids (she did work pediatrics), and very diligent with her paperwork. Despite the oddity, Jihyo had nothing to complain about Sana.

 

It wasn’t until a particularly usual afternoon, where Nayeon and Tzuyu were crowding her office, trying to get her to indulge them and getting professionally ignored, that Sana snapped. Those two had been getting on her nerves for months, being all clingy and touchy feely with HER Jihyo, and they looked very pleased in doing so. She thought she couldn’t blame them, though, they were friends and had know each other for however long they had (it was a long time).

 

“Okay, I can’t do this anymore!”

 

“Dr. Minatozaki, are you alright? Is there a problem? Please don’t quit.” Jihyo got frantic.

 

“What? No, I’m not quitting, this is not about my job.” Sana responds exasperated.

 

“Okay, please calm down.” The smaller one asks, sliding over a glass of water. “Could you two leave us for a while?” She directs to the two smug looking and immensely entertained women.

 

“We’ll go to Chaengie’s office, join us when you are done.” Nayeon agrees, pushing (very literally) a complaining Tzuyu out the door.

 

“Dr. Minatozaki, would you like to talk about it? Is there something I can do to help?”

 

“You can look at me.” Sana huffs.

 

“I believe I am looking at you? I’m sorry, I don’t understand.”

 

“Not like that, Ji.” The pup is frustrated. “I mean to say, I’m interested in you.”

 

“I appreciate that, I do try my best to do a good jo-”

 

“Not like that, I mean romantically.” Minatozaki snaps again.

 

“Oh.” Is the answer from a stunned dr. Park.

 

“Jihyo? Are you alright? Please answer me?”

 

“I a- I didn’t know.”

 

“That’s because I didn’t tell you.”

 

“Should I have noticed? I feel I should have noticed. I’m sorry-” Jihyo starts panicking.

 

“Hey, hey, no. It’s okay, I should have been clear about it, about everything. Don’t blame yourself, I know you probably didn’t even consider it.”

 

“I- I didn’t. I’m sorry.” Jihyo looks small and frail, Sana actually moves to hug her.

 

“You really feel that bad about it, don’t you?” She gets a nod. “Don’t, I don’t blame you and I’m not mad. It’s just, I always see those two hanging around you, and keep thinking it should be me, that I want you to look at me and be in my arms. But I also know you are friends, and I can’t really be mad about that.”

 

“You promise you are not mad at me and my friends.” The woman looks so small and childlike that Sana can’t find it in herself a drop of her previous irritation.

 

“I promise, but I have something to ask you. Is that okay?” Sana’s voice comes out soft, as if talking to her young patients.

 

“Okay.” Jihyo answers with a sniff.

 

“Don’t cry, now. Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“I don’t know how to do that.” There is so much innocence in the answer, dr. Minatozaki deflates and can’t stop her smile.

 

“It’s okay, we can find out together.” Sana chuckles.

 

“Okay.” Jihyo agrees in a small voice.

 

“Okay?”

 

“Okay, I’ll be your girlfriend.”

 

“Good. Because I don’t think I could still work here if you didn’t agree.”

 

“Of course you could, you are a very good doctor and I think you are doing a very good jo-”

 

“I was not serious, Ji.” Sana cuts the blabbering. “So, you are my girlfriend now, and I want to ask, just what are you?”

 

“What do you mean? I’m a surgeon?”

 

“No, no. I mean what supernatural are you. Like I’m a werewolf, but you don’t really smell like anything I’m familiar with.”

 

“Oh, that. I’m a vampire.” Jihyo answers naturally, as if it was obvious.

 

“You are a what, now? You definitely don’t smell like a vampire, and I’ve seen you around blood enough to be certain you are not vampire-ish at all.” Sana sounds almost outraged.

 

“That’s because I never drank from a human.” Again, as if it was normal.

 

“That’s impossible.”

 

“Not really, just unusual. Most vampires prefer human blood, from the source whenever possible, but it’s surely not impossible. I mean, I’m doing it.”

 

“So you never, like NEVER never drank from a human?”

 

“Nope. I was born, not embraced, so that should help, but I never really drank from humans.”

 

“But I never see you feed? I never even felt you thirst at all.”

 

“That’s because I don’t. I program my feeding and drink once a month, usually from mountain lions on the forest. Not that I ever need it, it’s just a precaution of sorts?”

 

“You are one very weird vampire.” Sana concludes, amused and intrigued about her new findings.

 

“Chae tells me the same thing.”

 

“Chae? You mean director Son?”

 

“Yeah, she’s my younger sister.” That damn naturality in her voice.

 

“Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. You can’t just drop a bomb like that and play it off as nothing.”

 

“I thought you knew? It’s not like we are that different.” Jihyo looks perplexed.

 

“Where? You two are short, and that’s about all you have in common.” Sana is dumbfounded, again. “Alright, since you are dropping all the bombshells, what are dr. Im and dr. Chou? I never smelled any others like them.”

 

“Yeonnie is a Naga, Tzu is a Wuchang Gui, a chinese deity or whatever, she told me not to worry about it, so I didn’t.”

 

“So, I met two very rare supernaturals and wasn’t even aware of it”?

 

“Three.”

 

“Who else?”

 

“Nurse Kim. She is the Jade Rabbit.”

 

“You gotta be kidding me.”

 

“No. But nobody would blame you for not recognising her, she smells like rice cakes and it could easily pass as non-supernatural.”

 

“She does smells of rice cakes. It’s a nice smell. But you smell nicer.”

 

“Thanks, you are not that bad yourself.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“I was expecting wet dog, but you smell of pines and grass. It’s nice.”

 

“I can’t really counter that one, most of us really stink of wet dog.” Sana stops, thinking of what else to say. “Say, if your sister is Son Chaeyoung, why are those two waiting for you at her office?”

 

“Oh, they are the biggest gossipers you will ever meet. They will milk me for every last drop of information about what happened here.”

 

“So, should we go together? I mean, I’m your girlfriend now, it’s my job to stand up for you.”

 

“Your funeral. Let’s go, then.” Jihyo starts heading to the door.

 

“Wait. I-” Sana stops at the innocent glint in Jihyo’s eyes. “It’s nothing, let’s go.”