Stop living like this! - WenHyo

Everybody loves Jihyo!

 

 

Joohyun can only chuckle and shake her head when she gets to her dorm, this scene was too normal for her to still worry about it. Jihyo and Yeri were sitting on the floor, looking very stern and angry, with a very uncomfortable Seungwan sitting on the couch. The first time it happened, she did get her guard up, it isn’t all the time that an omega would challenge her alpha and just get away with it, but she soon found out that Jihyo had been pissed when she learned that Seungwan just had given up on something she wanted again because someone else wanted another thing.

 

Yeri had been screaming at Seungwan to ‘stop living like this’ for years, and Jihyo seemed to be on the same boat. Today, Seungwan had wanted to sit in the living room and watch a movie with her mate, but Yerim showed up when they were choosing and said she wanted to watch a drama. Seungwan had promptly given up her plans, but Jihyo questioned it the moment the shy ‘ok’ had left the woman’s lips. Yeri was surprised, but when she learned of their plans, she got on Jihyo’s team and now both were sitting and waiting for Seungwan to assert herself and say she was already using the room and planned to watch a movie with Jihyo.

 

To many, this would look ridiculous, and it kind of was, anyone of them could just move to their room and watch whatever there, or Yerim could have joined their movie, but Seungwan had been arguing that it was alright and that Jihyo and her could just retreat to her room no problem. They could, but that was hardly the point the two omegas were making. Joohyun had to agree with the two, she also felt Segunwan could be a bit more assertive, especially as an alpha. Seulgi arrived shortly after and found Joohyun by the archway, looking around and grasping the situation quickly.

 

“What did she do this time?” Seulgi whispered to her leader.

 

“I don’t know yet, but I’ve been here a little over half an hour and she’s been trying to negotiate with them and failing miserably.” Joohyun answers, thoroughly entertained.

 

“Well, this won’t stop until they force her into doing whatever it was she was supposed to do, and we know how relentless this pair is.”

 

“I know, I’ll go ahead and shower first.” Joohyun starts moving to her room. “Doubt this is going anywhere anytime soon.”

 

Seulgi laughs and decides to do the same, she knew there was too much truth in her leader’s words. Honestly, she knew that Seungwan didn’t mind from the bottom of her heart, but she also knew it bummed her best friend whenever she didn’t get her way, as little as she might have fought for it. Jihyo happening to be Seungwan’s mate was a blessing, the omega, despite her rank, knew how to put her foot down and get Seungwan whatever the alpha wanted, and didn’t hesitate to fight her if Seungwan insisted she was giving it up. 

 

It was interesting, Seungwan had a giving heart, she was honest when she said she didn’t mind not getting her way if those she loved would be happy in the end. Jihyo, on the other hand, wanted her mate to express her wants and stick to them, as an omega, she needed her alpha to be more demanding in order for her to satisfy those wants and, in turn, calm herself down knowing she was pleasing her mate. It was hard, this whole instinct thing, but they were making it work. Seungwan and Jihyo found out they were mates a little over three years ago. That was a very chaotic day… Not that anything that involved any of their groups wasn’t.

 

Jihyo was a few days away from her heat, she had been regular ever since her first one at eleven. Seungwan was a bit of a late bloomer, she hadn’t had any ruts yet, sure, she had presented as an alpha and all that at the expected time, but stopped there. There was nothing wrong with her, she was in perfect health and there wasn’t anything that could be pointed out as the reason for the delay, her doctors concluded it was a mental problem, rather than a physical problem. Still, the woman didn’t ‘rise to the occasion’ even when she was near unmated omegas, not even in their dorm before Yeri and Sooyoung had mated and had their heats around her, she remained unbothered, for lack of a better word.

 

It was only when Red Velvet and Twice had to share a changing room and the omega was nearing her heat. It was still a few days away, but Jihyo was already smelling stronger and Seungwan started feeling sick. Sure, she should be feeling aroused but she had not had her rut for so long that it came too strong and her body couldn’t handle it properly. Seungwan ran to the bathroom and was throwing up the entire time she was supposed to be performing, it happened the instant Twice’s girls started filling into the dressing room and didn’t stop for the next three days.

 

When Jihyo, a very worried and almost out of her heat omega, came to visit Seungwan at the hospital, the doctor understood what was wrong as they hadn’t found the cause so far. The omega arrived when Seungwan was being checked out by the doctor, the reaction was instantaneous, and Seungwan was very flustered when she saw it. The doctor was a good sport about everything, explaining that it all finally made sense to him, Seungwan was being hit by years of suppressed ruts and her body had collapsed. When he did leave, Jihyo was looking very ashamed and couldn’t look at the alpha directly, it took a while but Seungwan tried to look around the room and saw what the problem was.

 

The pair now was able to laugh about it, but Seungwan didn’t know what to do with herself back then, she just ran to the bathroom and took a very cold shower. She had never gotten excited in her life, so she had no idea how to begin handling ‘that’, but the shower helped, and she came out looking very sheepish to Jihyo, not faring any better. They tried to laugh it off, but neither was that good at pretending, so Seungwan started apologizing and Jihyo started trying to rationalize what happened, in the end both decided to stop and talk it out. Jihyo explained she knew they were mates the moment her group opened the door and Seungwan made her escape but was waiting for her heat to subside before she went to visit. Seungwan confessed she had a few problems that they could talk about later and that she didn’t know what a mate should feel like.

 

It wasn’t long before the doctor visited again, this time to tell Seungwan she was free to go home, and explained to both what was really happening and why. Jihyo was the sweetest about it, and they decided to go slow. Seungwan was doing her best for the relationship and Jihyo, despite having previous relationships, had never been with someone like the small alpha. It was cute, they were the cutest little beans and their groups couldn’t help cooing at them any time the couple was trying to be a couple. That led to Seungwan not feeling so comfortable and Jihyo sitting her down to talk about their relationship again, which they did very often (a bit more than the average couple, most times).

 

Three years later, Seungwan is still being scolded by her mate, Jihyo is still demanding that her alpha expresses her wishes and Yeri is still screaming for her favorite unnie (don’t tell Joohyun) to stop living like that. By now everyone had already learned to not bother with the three whenever they were at it, but once the others had finished showering and doing whatever it was they had to do, it was near dinner time and they wanted to know what the trio wanted to eat, not that anyone really expected Seungwan to actually say what she wanted but still.

 

“Alright, kids.” Joohyun takes it upon herself to ask. “We are discussing dinner, what do you all want?”

 

“Anything is fine with me.” Jihyo is quick to answer.

 

“I’d like something not so spicy, my stomach has been acting out all day.” Yeri adds.

 

“I wanted to eat Jihyo’s army stew.” Seungwan says shyly, too low for anyone to hear, but Jihyo had years of practice by now and heard just fine.

 

“How about I make something?” Twice’s leader asked.

 

“Well, the kitchen is yours then!” Joohyun, knowing where the proposal came from, agrees easily.

 

It had been like this for a while, Jihyo would say what she wanted and then change her answer when Seungwan said what she wanted, no matter how low or how much the alpha tried to disguise it, the omega would catch it and make it happen. And Jihyo was a great cook, the group didn’t mind her taking their kitchen. Sure, Jihyo was surprisingly clumsy, however, so Joohyun would either have someone with the girl or go herself. The first and last time they allowed Jihyo to cook alone, they ended up with a sweet omelet because she mistook salt for sugar. There was also that time the woman unscrewed the pepper crusher lid and ended up having to throw out a whole pot of stew. It was fun, knowing the ever so composed leader of Twice was so clumsy in her daily life.

 

“I’ll help, c’mon!” Seulgi promptly offered.

 

“It’s-” Seungwan started saying but got cut off.

 

“Go and take that shower you were meaning to. Dinner will be done soon.” Jihyo says, kissing her alpha’s lips and heading to the kitchen with Seulgi.

 

Seungwan goes, a little begrudgingly, but she did intend to shower earlier, Jihyo had expressed wanting to cuddle with her a bit before that and so the TV fiasco. Seulgi just really enjoyed spending time with Jihyo, the girl was comical without trying, and overall the cutest thing whenever she was concentrating. Dinner was easy, everything they needed was there, and Jihyo decided to also make some potato pancakes, which Seulgi took upon herself to do because they didn’t need another salt disaster. Jihyo did know what everyone was doing when they offered to help her with cooking, but she understood, and it wasn’t like she could deny her shortcomings, plus help was help.

 

“Thank you, love.” Seungwan says once she sits down and her mate serves her a bowl.

 

“Eat up, you haven’t had anything for lunch.” Jihyo smiled and kissed the other’s head.

 

“Now, what were you two grilling Wannie about?” Sooyoung asks, already entertained.

 

“We were supposed to be cuddling on the couch and watching movies, but Yermmie came and said she wanted something else and Seungwannie gave it up on the spot.” Jihyo begins.

 

“Then I noticed right away that she was just giving up again and we started on our routine. I don’t think it worked that much, though.” Yeri finishes.

 

The group laughs and proceeds to talk, getting up to date with each other, it was nice, and all always loved getting home made meals whenever they could. Seugnwan was very happy and it showed, they all loved to see her happy face when she got what she wanted, even though she didn’t really speak up about it, but Jihyo was there and would always do her best to make it happen. They had been like this from the beginning, and for better or worse, neither group had ever seen them being anything but adorable, never even witnessed them going any further than quick pecks, and to say some of them were curious about how the couple was whenever their instincts took over was an understatement. 

 

It was a bit gross, but it was part of life. The thing others didn’t know was that the couple had decided to purchase a place for them, away from the city and in a very private area. It was Seungwan’s idea, she had expressed once she would like to own a little place where they could just get away and be themselves without having to be mindful of anyone else. Jihyo picked up on it and insisted they do it together, that was around their second anniversary, before that they would go to hotels and spend their heat/rut there. Now, both would coordinate to spend their time at their own place as much as they could, it was really an old couple with a young packaging kind of thing, Jihyo would spend afternoons knitting on their front porch, while Seungwan would work on their garden with her straw hat that was just too big.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Seungwan asks as she settles in bed.

 

“You, mostly.” Jihyo answers as she wiggles herself to fit with her mate better.

 

“Lovely, now the truth.”

 

“It is the truth, though. I was thinking about how it’s been a while since we’ve been home and about you working in the garden with your ridiculously big hat.”

 

“You love that hat, don’t try to deny it.”

 

“I love that it protects you from the sun really well.” Jihyo huffs and nibbles the other woman’s cheek.

 

“Stop biting me!” Seungwan complained, but it wasn’t that convincing. “Don’t start something you don’t intend on seeing through to the end.”

 

“Oh, but I fully intend on seeing this through, ms Son.” The omega says seductively, moving her leg to brush against her lover.

 

“You will be the death of me, you know that, right?!” Seungwan gives up, already feeling herself getting into the mood.

 

“How about we save the dieing for later and just have some love making right now?”

 

There’s a knock on the door that scares the couple. “Just remember that my room is just beside this one!” Joohyun complains from the other side.

 

“You can just go sleep with your lovely mate in her room!” Seungwan shoots back.

 

“The disrespect I get in this family!” 

 

“Like we haven’t been enduring you and Yeri all this time!” She feels Jihyo giggling beside her. “You are the last person who can complain about any of this in this house!”

 

They hear angry stomping moving away from their door and laugh. Joohyun was cute when she wanted to try and be snarky. The couple settles back and continues their conversation.

 

“Your heat is coming soon, we should be heading home then.”

 

“True, and then I’ll abuse you to my heart’s content.” 

 

“Like you aren’t the most adorable, obedient little omega for me whenever your heat begins.”

 

“I know, but it makes me very happy that you get to be all dominant and alpha-y.” Jihyo gets excited just thinking about it.

 

“Yeah? So how about you use that little mouth of yours to show me how good of an omega you are?!” Seungwan was also excited.

 

And what’s Jihyo gonna do? Refuse her alpha? She smiles, pulls her partner’s pants down and gets to work. Seungwan was only small in stature, and it was actually the most surprising thing when they were first intimate together. Jihyo was expecting something average, maybe on the smaller side even, but Son Seungwan was a little monster and she had suffered a little on their first few times. Now, they connected beautifully, and both loved finding new things about the other’s body whenever they were together, be it a new ticklish place Seungwan found when she was caressing Jihyo, or a new point that made Seungwan squirm when she was kissing the alpha’s whole body.

 

When the couple got to the living room the next morning, the rest of Red Velvet was waiting for them, looking incredibly pissed and sleep deprived. Sure, both had big voices, but they hadn’t been that bad, had they?

 

“We’ve been talking.” Sooyoung begins.

 

“And we agree that it’s time for you both to go and live at your own place.” Seulgi adds.

 

“Not like we stopped loving you both with all our hearts, but it would be really nice if you two didn’t repeat last night here.” Joohyun offers.

 

“Unnie, please stop living like this and go live at that house you both bought already. We’ve known about it for a while, but last night was pitiful, we can’t have you both trying that hard to be quiet and then give up on doing it at all just because you don’t want to bother us.” Yeri was always the honest one.

 

And what could they really argue against that, they did have to stop because both were getting noisy and Seungwan thought it was better not to in consideration of her members. Jihyo was very frustrated but understood, and then the couple just whined for the rest of the night because they were both frustrated but had already decided to stop. And Yeri was right, it had been very pitiful to hear them all night but know nobody would be able to convince the couple it would be okay to keep going, and none of them would mind it as they had done it themselves many times before.