That's my wife! - MiHyo/MiTzu

Everybody loves Jihyo!

 

 

Mina and Jihyo had been that one infuriatingly cute couple in college, they met in a mandatory class they shared, got put together for a project and the rest is history. Well, it actually isn’t, and that’s why we are here. Both seemed like they were madly in love with each other, and it was true for the first few years. Jihyo was in performing arts, wanted to be a big singer, Mina was in admin and doubling in economy, both made it work despite their tight schedules. Jihyo would patiently sit beside Mina while the younger woman crammed for her tests, and Mina would take Jihyo out on the best dates she could afford.

 

It was never much what Mina could offer back then, she was juggling two majors and two jobs to make ends meet. Her parents paid for her education but anything else, she had to handle herself. It was their agreement when she said she wanted to go to college away from home, and she had no problem with that. Jihyo, on the other hand, got a lot of free time. She worked a part time but that was just because she liked having something to do while her girlfriend was busy, and it gave her some more to spend. Her parents were paying for her education and housing, really she was working to pay for food and splurging.

 

They worked, though, loved each other and understood each other the best. Their friends never seemed to be truly pleased with the relationship, however. Nayeon and Jeongyeon knew Jihyo since high school, Sana met Mina back in Japan, they had run into each other in a festival, became friends and visited each other often ever since. Dahyun ran into Sana on a school trip a few years after Mina, quite literally, she was lost and trying to find her way around Osaka, her group had disappeared when she went to the bathroom and she had to get back to her class. It was a meet cute, but they really just remained friends.

 

The three made it work with the youngest in Korea, but they did visit each other on vacations and got really tight with each other. One of the reasons the two japanese decided to attend college overseas was because their pale friend made it so beautiful for them whenever they visited. Dahyun had already been dating Joohyun when they got there for college, they were together only a few weeks back then, but the two japanese gave the older woman the best friend roughing up regardless. Joohyun, in turn, took it like a champ, trully, she found them too cute to actually be intimidated, and was happy to know her girlfriend had people looking out for her like that. She had not a single doubt those girls would go to hell and back for Dahyun.

 

Chaeyoung came up as Jeongyeon’s girlfriend, nobody knew where they met nor really understood their beginnings whenever told about it. All just decided to accept they happened and move on, no point in wasting more time on that. They were a good group, brought together when Mina and Jihyo became friends, and then Nayeon and Sana started dating first, and everything just worked. Now, freshly out of college and fighting their way into adulthood. Joohyun got an offer in Japan, she was older than Nayeon by a year, and had been waiting for Dahyun to graduate so they could be together again. She proposed the day she got the offer, both talked a lot and Mina’s brother, who lived in Tokyo, offered to help the woman out.

 

Dahyun had practically fully moved when she graduated, all she had left was the one suitcase she had reduced herself to in her last semester, she would be taking her bar exam in Japan instead of Korea. Joohyun had come to visit during the holidays and took the last of her luggage back. They were a good couple, maybe both needed a bit of sunlight, but they fit so well. That was the main reason Dahyun was never really available for her last year and a half of her course. She was taking economics with Mina and majoring in law. 

 

It was halfway through their second year living together that things started falling out. Mina was working her day job, but took a night shift at the convenience store near their apartment to complement their budget. Jihyo had been trying to get gigs and things weren’t working for her. The korean had been only managing a few week nights on small bars, but lately those have been far too few. Tonight, as most nights lately, Mina gets back to an empty apartment, Jihyo wasn’t singing, but the woman said she was networking and she wasn’t going to stand in her way.

 

They started arguing a lot, Nayeon and Sana couldn’t count how many times Mina showed up at their door asking to take their couch, because Jihyo got mad at her again and threw her out. The older couple tried to help their friend as well as they could, but Nayeon felt she owed to Jihyo to not say anything bad about her in front of her girlfriend, as much as Sana raged to her privately, or how much she felt she should just tell the younger japanese to break up. Nayeon wasn’t a monster, she also lost count of how many times she scolded Jihyo, told her friend to quit it and try something else, but still, she thought they were good friends and she shouldn’t say anything to Mina.

 

The younger japanese started letting herself go, her health was starting to decline, and her wheezing couldn’t be disguised anymore. Her boss at the convenience store even limited her to working the cashier after she almost collapsed doing inventory, and she was just counting cans, sure she was crouching, but still just counting. Sana was adamant that Mina break things off already, it wasn’t like she had nothing to fall back on, mr and mrs Myoui had been trying to get her back ever since she graduated, they missed their little girl, but when she refused saying she still wanted to make it work with her girlfriend, they accepted and said they were waiting for her with open arms whenever she wanted to return.

 

What only Sana and Dahyun knew, however, was that Myoui Co. was a very prominent business, both in Japan and the US, they threaded many areas. The company started with mr Myoui meeting his wife, back then an aspiring mechanical engineer, he had many ideas that could revolutionize surgery if he could find someone to make them work. Mr Myoui was a heart surgeon, but his career wasn’t that impressive back then, mrs Myoui was still looking for her big break and found that young man, full of dreams, endearing and decided she wasn’t letting him go. Indeed, his ideas were absurd for most, but the woman offered to try and work on them with him and they built an empire from that.

 

Kai had already graduated as a doctor, and was taking admin to be able to fill his role as the main heir better. Mina took economics, mostly so she could assist her brother in making sure they would always be ahead of the market changes and follow how they were doing and where they were going before they got there and suggest adjustments. But all that was a plan for a bit later on, maybe after they got engaged, and Mina told Jihyo about her family business. But things were never good for too long, well, they hadn’t been good for a while, but after a nasty fight, Mina promised she would be home early and make dinner for them. 

 

When Jihyo got home that night, she found Mina sleeping on their couch. Looking around, she noticed the food on the table, already beyond cold, the burnt out candle and remembered. She remembered how Mina had got home the previous evening, looking sad, and said she managed to get the next evening free, but would have to work on her birthday the next week to make it up. Employees got the day off on their birthdays but Mina willingly gave up hers to do what Jihyo had shouted at her she wanted. The older one felt bad, it had completely slipped her mind, but she went to wake up the other and tell her to go sleep in the bed at least.

 

“Mina? Wake up.” Jihyo called.

 

“Jihyo? Where were you?” The japanese answers, a bit dizzy.

 

“I’m sorry, I completely forgot about tonight. I got talking to Chan, we were talking about publishing my songs.”

 

“Oh, I’m glad you are finally talking about your career and making connections. I’ll heat up the dinner.”

 

“Oh, I already ate with Chan.” Jihyo looks slightly guilty.

 

Mina feels go completely bitter, appetite gone and her heart hurts. She gave up her birthday off for this, and Jihyo went to dinner with that Chan guy, even though she was the one screaming for it just the night before. The younger woman manages a small smile, though, and heads to the kitchen, she starts putting the food away, even though she didn’t want it at the moment, they couldn’t really afford just throwing it out, so she made a lunch box to take to work the next day.

 

“I can take care of that.” Jihyo said from where she was left standing.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll handle this. Just go on to sleep, you must be tired.” Mina dismissed, not stopping and not looking up either.

 

Jihyo sighed and headed to their bedroom, well her bedroom mostly. Mina was tired, she was pissed, but if Jihyo could manage to get some gigs, maybe she could quit her night job and have more time to take care of her own health. Bitterly, Mina thought that maybe she didn’t have to suffer this much, but she loved Jihyo and wanted her girlfriend to be independent and standing on her own two feet before she introduced her to the family. There had been too many gold diggers with Kai, so Mina wanted someone who didn’t need her fortune before she brought that person home.

 

It was just a few days later, a friday, Mina was supposed to be working late, fridays and saturdays had the most movement and the store closed later. But Mina had a terrible cough that day, and her boss sent her home earlier, it wasn’t that much earlier, she usually clocked out by eleven, he sent her home by ten. Getting to the apartment, Mina thought it weird that there were two people’s sounds coming from inside, it didn’t sound like a conversation but there were words. She got in regardless, maybe someone was over. She wished right then that she never opened that door, at the same time, she kind of expected it.

 

There, in the couch she often slept on, was Jihyo, spread open and head rolled back, between her legs, there was a man, kneeling in front of her and clearly inside her. Mina didn’t know what exactly happened, she saw white and her entire body ached, the bag she held hitting the floor was what snapped her back to reality. The reality where her girlfriend, whom she loved very much and whom she was killing herself to live with, had an unknown man ing into her in their apartment, on their couch. The same noise that Makes Mina come back to her senses is the noise that made Jihyo’s eyes snap open and zero in on her. 

 

“Mina.” The korean moaned. The man never slowed down, probably used to this name being called during their sessions.

 

“Don’t.” The japanese blurted and left hastily.

 

Mina just shoved her feet into her shoes, and left, slamming the door behind her and heading to the one place she knew she could get help. When Nayeon opened the door that evening, she certainly didn’t expect to find Mina, completely disheveled and dirty, red splotches on her knees and face completely scrunched up from crying. The older woman didn’t even think, she hugged her friend and brought her inside, asking her softly to remove her shoes and guided both inside the house. Nayeon called for Sana the loudest she dared and the older japanese who popped her head out of the kitchen cheerily, but got immediately worried when she saw her best friend’s condition.

 

“Sana, love.” Nayeon said softly, still hugging Mina tightly.

 

“Yes?” Sana murmured.

 

“Can you run a bath and get some pajamas for Minnie? I’ll bathe her and you can help her change after.”

 

“Sure.” Sana agreed, kissing her best friend’s head before going to do as she was asked.

 

“Minnie, do you think you could tell us what’s wrong yet?” The eldest asks, and gets a faint shake of the head in response. “You think you can eat?” Another shake. “Alright, I’ll give you a bath and then Sacchan will help you change after, is that alright?” Finally a nod.

 

“The bath is ready.” Sana calls and moves closer to help.

 

They guide Mina to the bathroom, careful to not let her fall, she did trip a few times, and get her undressed and into the bathtub. Nayeon washes her gently, mindful of her bruises, from the looks of them, the younger woman fell on her way over, certainly on a bush at some point, seeing the scratches on her arms. Mina is silent but compliant throughout it all, she doesn’t really move to help, but she raises her arms and changes her position when asked, and Nayeon could work with that. Sana was waiting just outside with another fluffy towel, which she uses to dry Mina’s hair, and guides her to the bedroom. Nayeon cleans up the bathroom and goes to the kitchen to get the girl something to eat.

 

It took a while after Mina was cleaned, fed and treated for her to show any reaction. They had been sitting against the headboard of Nayeon and Sana’s bed, the couple on each side of their distressed friend, hugging her as tightly as they thought safe, given the girl’s condition. Mina sighs deeply, before changing her sitting so she could look the couple in the eyes. Nayeon looks worried and angry already, Sana just looks genuinely worried and a bit sad. It was comforting to know they had her back like this, but she also needed to see if they were in on it.

 

“Alright, so Jihyo is cheating on me.” Mina sighs out.

 

Her friends' reactions are different, but tell her they didn’t know at all. Sana looked even sadder, a bit broken if you will. Nayeon looks pissed, her face gone completely red, but her eyes tell the younger japanese she was also very sad. Mina breathes a bit more relieved, she at least saw these two were sympathizing with her.

 

“WHAT!” Nayeon shouted, her anger so high she was having trouble staying still.

 

“Love, calm yourself and don’t be impulsive right now.” Sana warned, she knew her fiance could get herself in jail if she left like that.

 

“I have to go there and smack a , Sana. You know I do!”

 

“Nayeonnie.” Mina called, placing a hand on her friend’s knee. “Please just stay here and hug me.”

 

Nayeon didn’t respond, just pulled Mina back between them and held her a bit too tight, but the younger japanese let her be, better that than an attempted murder. 

 

“You think you can tell us what happened?” Sana asks gently.

 

“Well, you two know how rough things have been lately.” Mina says and takes a breath. “The other night, she came late to our dinner and said she was out with this Chan guy. She has been spending a lot of time with him, and I thought she was working on her career, you know. Talking to a professional in the area and trying to make it work.”

 

“She didn’t show up for the dinner you made?” Nayeon was going to leave again, Mina tightened her hold and the eldest gave up.

 

“Yeah, she got home past midnight and I had already given up on it by then. But it really hurt when she said she was having dinner with him.” Mina stops for a second to gather her strength to say the next part. “So, today I was told to go home earlier because I was coughing too much and started wheezing. So my manager just told me to go home and rest, maybe take some medicine. When I got there, Jihyo was being ed by some guy on our couch.”

 

“Okay, now you can go murder a , Yeonnie.” Sana said, moving to get up as well.

 

“Please don’t go.” The younger asked, it made them stop. “Just comfort me tonight and feed me some fluffy pancakes tomorrow.”

 

“Fine, but I’m calling Hyunnie right now.” Sana agreed and pulled out her phone.

 

Telling Dahyun went as well as expected, the younger Hyun threatened to jump on the first plane over and beat the out of Jihyo, Joohyun saying she was packing their bags and coming with. The older woman took a liking to Mina’s calm ways when they first met, bringing her under her wing not much after she started dating Dahyun, and now she felt very much in debt to the younger woman. Mina had referred Joohyun as her brother’s secretary when they finished college and it was that job that got them the resident visa. Dahyun’s job was nice and all, but offered too little in regards to her moving overseas. 

 

Mina managed to get them all to settle, claiming she was too tired from running, crying and scratching her knees and just wanted Sana and Nayeon to hold her through the night. She would decide whatever she had to, the next morning. They only agreed because Mina looked drained and honestly in need for that sleep. So they hung up the call, Nayeon said she would take the dishes back to the kitchen and that the other two should go ahead and prepare for bed. The eldest came back to them waiting for her, smiled and got in, snuggled up behind her dear friend and resting her forehead between Mina’s shoulder blades and slept. 

 

Everyone was very thankful that the next morning was a saturday morning. Sana woke up earlier to fulfill her promise of fluffy pancakes, Mina just turned and hugged Nayeon when she lost the one she was hugging. Sana smiled and went to change. At least her best friend had a nice night of sleep, and the cough was very minimal, which was a good sign, she had seen the other cough until she puked a lot of times lately. Mina came out of the bedroom not that long after, Sana was still flipping pancakes when she did.

 

“Just get your coffee and wait at the bar.” The older japanese orders, not stopping her task.

 

“Fine.” Mina grumbles but does as she’s told.

 

Everyone knows Sana hated being disrupted when she was cooking, especially if the person wanted to sneak a few bites of whatever she was making. Nobody knows how many times Jeongyeon got herself beaten up with a wooden spoon because she was feeling brave and wanted to snack. Speaking of which, Mina also wanted to check on her and Cheyoung, they had hung out more than usual lately and something about that bothered her after last night’s happenings. 

 

“What are you thinking about?” Nayeon calls from the archway.

 

“I’m thinking you look the cutest in the morning.” Sana answers, stopping her work to pucker her lips and wait for a kiss.

 

Nayeon complies, smiling. And it’s not like it was a lie, the older woman always woke up with puffy cheeks, a bit rosy, messy hair and looking as soft as ever. Mina giggled, she loved these two and had to agree with her best friend. Then the eldest walked around the breakfast bar to sit beside their friend, kissing the youngest head on the way.

 

“That’s lovely, hun. But I want to know what this one here was thinking, she had a pretty deep frown when I walked in.”

 

“Oh! In that case, yeah, what’s in there, Micchan!”

 

Mina giggles again, mostly because Sana was trying to look stern, but her pink apron with cute squirrels didn’t do her any favors. Nayeon just rested her head on the younger’s shoulder and stole her coffee. 

 

“Well, I was thinking about how Jeong and Chaeng had been a bit suspicious in the last couple of months.”

 

“Do I need to add more names to my list of who I’m killing?” Nayeon asked, making a face because of the bitter coffee. “Also, you need to love yourself more, this tastes awful.”

 

“You shouldn’t steal my coffee, then!” Mina playfully scolds. “You know how I can’t really have sugar in the morning if I don’t want to get a sugar crush before lunch and be useless the rest of the day.”

 

Nayeon just grumbles but thanks Sana for the cream and sugar with coffee she’s handed.

 

“Also, don’t. I want you free to go anywhere so you can visit me.”

 

“Visit you?” 

 

“You are going back?” Sana asks.

 

“I think it’s time you know the last part of me we kept secret, Yeonnie.” Mina smiles.

 

“I’ll take the smile, but you are telling me you both kept a secret from me?”

 

“Us, and the Hyuns.” Sana adds. Nayeon gasps.

 

“Sacchan, not helping.”

 

“Are you telling me or not?”

 

“Minnie is loaded!” Sana blurts.

 

“I was telling it!” Mina whines.

 

“Say what now?” The eldest still doesn’t understand.

 

“Look, I’m sure you’ve heard of Myoui Co.” She gets a nod and continues. “Well, I’m Myoui Mina.”

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

“Nayeonnie you are so cute I’ll just eat you up!” Sana squeals.

 

“I’m the second heir to Myoui Co.”

 

Nayeon seems to absorb the information and freezes. The other two laugh, Sana plates their breakfast and pulls a tall stool to sit on the other side of the bar. The two get to their breakfast while the older woman does her thing with the information she just got. It was fun seeing the eldest stumbling through whatever she wanted to say. They talk a bit more and Mina declares she’s doing the dishes, no complaints allowed. Sana moved to where her friend was sitting and kept talking to Mina and Nayeon.

 

“So, what’s the plan?” Nayeon asks as they move to the living room.

 

“I’m going back home.” Mina’s tone is definitive.

 

"Are you sure Minnie?” Sana confirms.

 

“Yes, I am. There’s really no reason for me not to return now, is there?” The younger japanese sigh. “I was here because I was trying to make it work with Jihyo, but she found someone else, and mom and dad have been asking when I was going to introduce them so I could go back and take my post.”

 

“That’s fair.” Sana agrees. “Plus, the Hyuns are there, I’m sure Dahyunnie will take good care of you.”

 

“Well, I can’t see Dahyun leaving you alone after she hears about what happened. Now, do you have a time you should be leaving?” Nayeon asks.

 

“I’ll call Kai-nii and ask him to send the jet. I should be gone by tonight.” Mina laughs hollowly.

 

“Then call him, get a time to be at the airport and we’ll have fun today.” Sana decides. “Who knows when we’ll see you again!”

 

“You could see me again in the holidays when you go visit aunt and uncle Tozaki and bring Nayeonnie so you can do that thing you said you wanted to do.” Mina says and leaves quickly.

 

Nayeon immediately demands to know what the thing is, Sana has trouble not stuttering and screams at Mina to come back and fix it. It’s not like they would tell Nayeon that Sana was planning to bring her to Osaka for the holidays and propose to her in the Osaka Castle. It was beautiful, covered in snow and the festive lights made everything feel magical. Sana had asked Nayeon’s parents for their blessing a few months ago when they went there to visit, everything was ready and Nayeon’s mother found it too fun pestering Sana about when it would happen, already fully aware of the plan.

 

Mina was right, the jet would arrive late afternoon and they had clearance to take off at eight. She gets back to Nayeon having pinned Sana down in a position that was sure to have her best friend’s back hurting for at least a couple of days. The eldest was still demanding to know what the thing was, Mina was quick to defuse the situation, however. She told them she was supposed to be at the airport at six and Sana remarked they should go and have fun already because there would be a long time before they could see Mina again and Nayeon agreed and released her. 

 

The trio went to town, Mina had a bit of money left in her account and she treated her friends, filling their tank and splurging in a fancy dinner. Well, it wasn’t really a FANCY fancy restaurant, but much better than what Nayeon and Sana would go for. And it’s not like Sana isn’t an heir as well, she just had a responsible partner who preferred to live humbly and save for their future. Plus, Sana and Nayeon would be moving back to Osaka where the japanese was to take her post beside her father and start training to take over soon. It was their agreement, and Nayeon was fine with it, she would be able to come and visit anytime she wanted, it wouldn’t be that different from now, as the Ims do live near Bucheon and she doesn’t see her family that often regardless.

 

Mina does get to the airport just before six, she gives a warm goodbye to her friends and leaves, it would be a few months until those two see her again, but it will be years before the others do, especially one Park Jihyo, who is about to learn the hard way that everyone has a breaking point. Now, on their way back home, Sana tears up a little, and Nayeon feels relieved, the older woman had been against the relationship from the start, she wanted Jihyo to be happy and she wanted Mina to be happy too, but she always saw they weren’t happy together and she was tired of trying to get her old friend to do right by Mina.

 

Jihyo knew she had screwed up, but she also knew Mina always gave in, so she spent the night with Chan regardless. Thinking the japanese just needed some time to cool down and then she’d be back. Jeongyeon had been notified by Nayeon about the happenings, her and Chaeyoung were expecting some sort of yelling from Jihyo soon for not distracting Mina enough. They had been the ones in charge of distractions, it didn’t take much persuasion, if any at all, both agreed that Mina had been neglecting her girlfriend and Jihyo had needs too.

 

The first thing that happened after Mina landed, besides calling Sana and Nayeon and telling them she had landed safely and Kai was already waiting for her, then she was guided to her family’s estate, in a closed neighborhood, just outside Tokyo. Mr and mrs Myoui had driven up from their place in Kobe, where the couple had been living for the last couple of years, ever since Kai took over officially. They knew things hadn’t been that great for a while, but they didn’t expect things would get this bad, and now they were here to take their little girl back and help her to her feet and into the woman they raised her to be.

 

“Mina-chan, come.” Mrs Myoui called as soon as she saw her daughter.

 

Mina didn’t even think, she ran into her parents’ arms and, finally, allowed herself to break. No matter what, this was her family, her people, where she could show her true self unafraid. Kai decided to go to the kitchen and ask for some jasmine tea and lemon mochi to be brought to the living room, these always helped his sister’s mood to lift. Mina was a simple girl, despite their status, it was always the simple things that she preferred. The family spend too long just being together, so long that Shinzaburou, the head butler, came and asked if they would like to have dinner or if he could dismiss the maids for the day.

 

Mrs Myoui said they would eat later, but he could dismiss the maids, she would heat up the meal and serve it herself. He agreed, and Mina ran to him to give her old friend a tight hug before wishing the man good night and returning to her place between her parents. Shinzaburou had been with the family ever since mr and mrs Myoui made it big, at first they just needed someone to take care of their house as both were always swamped with work and often forgot there was no food in the house. Then the business started growing and they made him their head butler, as well as the one responsible for all their residences. The man saw Kai and Mina be born and raised them as their own, the Myoui kids were even playmates with his own kids when they were little. 

 

“Alright, we have been tiptoeing around this all night.” Kai starts. “What happened, sis?”

 

“I caught Jihyo ing that producer guy she’s been talking about lately.” Mina chuckles hollowly.

 

“Mina, manners.” Mrs Myoui reprimands without a bite.

 

“It’s what they were doing in my living room, on my couch, and I’m sure they moved to my bed not much later.” The young woman continues. “From what I was thinking about, it seems like it’s been happening for a while already.”

 

“Well, you are here now.” Mr Myoui says gently. “We are going to take care of you and get you back on the right path, alright?”

 

“Thanks dad, you too mom and Kai, I guess.”

 

They all chuckle, it was good to see that Mina hadn’t lost her humor yet.

 

“I’m right here, you know.” Kai feigned offense.

 

“Nothing I can do about that, is there?” Mina rebutts, getting out of her parents’ hug and jumping on her big brother’s back.

 

They all laugh again, but they still have to talk about things.

 

“Mina, honey, what do you want to do now?” Mr Myoui asks. “I understand you might need some time, but you left so suddenly that I doubt you dotted all is and crossed all ts back there.”

 

“I didn’t, dad. I just left, but the apartment is still leased on my name, I still didn’t quit my jobs and all that. I have no need for my stuff, but my documents are still there, so I’d like someone to go and retrieve them discreetly.”

 

“I’ll take care of all that tomorrow morning. Now, how about you get off my back and tell us your plans moving forward.” Kai grunts, his sister had laid completely on his back.

 

“Well, I’m not completely well mantally, so I’d like to start off with a therapist, maybe go to rehab and get some time away to reboot completely. It’s not like I got any vices, but I have to completely get out of my bad habits I developed living with Jihyo.”

 

“Alright, there’s a family friend I can refer you to, I’ll talk to him tomorrow and we’ll go from there.” Mr Myoui offered.

 

“And I’ll take you shopping tomorrow as well. I know Dahyunnie is eager to see you, so how about you go have dinner with her tomorrow night, since you want to leave soon to take care of yourself.” Mrs Myoui suggests.

 

“Thank you, all of you. And I’ll do that, mom. I’ll call her tonight after dinner. Then, tomorrow we can start bringing back the old Mina, I really don’t like the Mina I’ve become.”

 

“It’s alright, love. We are here with you and you can do this.” Mrs Myoui says and gets up from her seat, bringing her husband along so they could see what was made for dinner so they could heat it up and feed their kids.

 

Mina still remains dropped like a potato sack on her brother’s back. It’s not like it was bothering him, he had been able to throw her on his shoulder and carry her around since he was twelve. He just played along because he would never admit it was his way of showing Mina he loved her. Mina knew, of course, but also didn’t really say anything, just kept bothering Kai without bothering him at all. She wiggled a little before he decided it had been enough and got her off him and threw her to the couch in a swift movement.

 

“You got lighter.” Kai mutters.

 

“We didn’t have much, I worked two jobs to keep us afloat and was too tired to even eat most of the time.”

 

“What did she do to you, little one?”

 

“Just what I allowed her to, big man. But I’m here now, and after you help me fix everything I left behind, I hope I’ll never be the Mina you see right now again.”

 

“That’s great. I’m happy you reached out, I’ll close everything there as fast as possible and you can go and get yourself back without worries.”

 

“Thanks, Kai-chan.” Mina smiles, getting one back just as warm.

 

They are called to dinner right then, all making small talk and laughing at the children bickering. Sure, Kai may be able to raise their father over his head with one arm, and Mina had been a working provider, responsible for making a living for herself and her ex-girlfriend for the last couple of years, without ever having relied on her parents’ money. But they would always be the two little kids, running around the house in their footie pajamas, screaming at each other because of a toy in the eyes of their parents.

 

Dahyun was happy to, finally, hear from Mina, and immediately demanded her best friend should come to her home and sleep over, Joohyun screamed from somewhere near her wife that she wasn’t having any other answer besides ‘yes’. The japanese laughed, but said she would be shopping the whole day and mrs Myoui would drop her off when they were finished. That’s another thing Mina wanted to do, get her driver’s license, she never could really afford it, it was too much money and she didn’t want to risk needing it for something else.

 

That would be her last thought of the past, Mina decided. She made the resolve with herself to only look forward, trying her best to never let the past haunt her again. That was something she was thinking about in the flight over, also the reason she knew she needed treatment, she was conscious that there was a lot she would need to work through, but the effort would pay off in the end. Then Mina wiggled further into her bed, pulled the covers closer and slept peacefully for the first time in too long.

 

Back at the peninsula, Jihyo started thinking it was weird that Mina hadn’t showed up yet. Usually, the japanese would have come back and apologised, even though she had done nothing. Jeongyeon said she didn’t know either, only that Nayeon had called and yelled about the scene Mina had witnessed. Maybe Sana had something to do with it, Jihyo always saw how the older japanese never liked her, and how she doted on Mina a bit too much for comfort. Nayeon always claimed that it was just how Sana is, but Jihyo never bought it, the woman had a lot of extra affection for her girlfriend.

 

It was also a bit unnerving that Sana and Nayeon had been obviously avoiding the other three, none of them had been able to actually call them after Nayeon’s angry yelling to Jeongyeon, something told Jihyo they had been blocked. But wednesday was rent day and Jihyo knew Mina would be back by then, also, she had some meetings with Chan, they were trying to pitch her debut song for a few sponsors to try and get some more exposure. 

 

On monday morning, a figure stationed itself across the street from Mina’s former apartment, waiting for a small woman, matching the picture on his hand, to leave the building. Myamura Shinnosuke, Kai’s right hand, had flew in very early in the morning, documents already in hand to tie all loose ends Mina had left in her escape, he was there to get the girl out of the lease, inform her workplaces and pay any bills that would arise. The man was the head butler’s son, he had grown up with the siblings, and took care of Mina just like he did to his own little sister. He volunteered to take care of it all himself and spent the entire evening getting all the documents he would need.

 

Jihyo left close to lunch time, clinging to an unknown man, Shinnosuke guessed it must be the guy Mina saw, he waited a bit more to see if they would return. Making his way inside the building, there was no security, just a glass door with an intercom panel, he had already found out the landlord’s unit and rang there first, he needed to get inside the building anyway. It wasn’t easy to get the landlord’s wife to accept that Mina was to be removed from the lease, she was insisting that Mina should come herself and whatnot. Shinnosuke said ms Myoui would be happy to solve it in court if they didn’t want to settle and handed them his card. He was also Kai’s lawyer, and now Mina’s too. 

 

Everything else went smoothly after that, the landlord shut his wife up, saying they wouldn’t have anything left if they had to pay for lawyers, and promptly agreed to deal with the paperwork immediately. While the landlord was out to the town hall to update the lease, Shinnosuke asked to be allowed into the apartment so he could get ms Myoui’s papers. The wife looked like she wanted to argue again, but the man just said he would head up and open the door for him. It all took a couple of hours, and Shinnosuke headed to Sana’s place after he missed his little, excitable squirrel and had brought her some treats.

 

Nayeon and Sana both worked until four, they were taking their masters and the extra time was for studying, also, both earned enough to not need more hours than that, and they would be working hard after the wedding, so they wanted to enjoy while they could. Sana was already up, on her way to make them some tea when the doorbell rang, she said she’d get it and Nayeon never really stopped reading her book. There was Sana’s voice saying she was coming, then the door opening, then a silent beat, and an ear-splitting shriek that was clearly of excitement but it was so loud and unexpected that Nayeon scrambled to her feet and ran to the door, she grabbed the baseball bat on the way and was ready to kill a .

 

What the older woman saw, however, left her completely dumbfounded. Sana had jumped on a tall and well built man she had never seen before, and was giggling and kissing his head like crazy. The man was begging to be released and his face was completely flushed, there was no doubt he was very embarrassed about what was happening, but the smile on his lips also told her that man was very fond of her fiance. Nayeon decided she might still be needing the bat, but relaxed a little as Sana was very happy to see whomever this person was. She decided to clear and get their attention.

 

“Oh, Nayeonnie!” Sana squeals, she was very happy. “This is Shin-chan-nii!”

 

“I’m Myamura Shinnosuke, we grew up together. Now I work with Kai.” The man clarified at the confused face he was met with. “I came to settle some things for Minnie and decided to visit since I was already in Korea.”

 

“Oh!” Nayeon smiles relieved, she could work with childhood friend. “I don’t know how, but come in, I’ll make us some tea.”

 

“Excuse me.” He accepted, stepping inside.

 

The man was surprisingly strong, Sana had draped herself across his shoulders and was squeezing herself in what looked like a tight hug, also trying to give him kisses that he didn’t seem to appreciate that much but made no effort to stop. He made it look like all of it was nothing, as he removed his shoes and his suit’s coat, before grabbing his bags again and following Nayeon to the living room.

 

“I’m sorry about the mess, we were studying when we arrived. Make yourself at home, if you can, I mean.” Nayeon chuckles, gesturing to her fiance.

 

“Don’t worry, I arrived unannounced.” He dismisses and sits down, also making it seem like the Sana-shaped lump on his shoulders didn’t bother him.

 

In honesty, it didn’t. Much like Kai, Shinnosuke was a former football player, he was indeed very strong, and Sana wasn’t heavy at all for him. He just played along because he knew the girl liked thinking she was bothering him. In truth, he just missed his other little sister a lot and wanted to pamper her a bit before returning. When Nayeon did return, she saw the man putting away the papers to make room on the coffee table for the tea and thanked him, before sitting down and telling Sana to get off him.

 

“Fine.” Sana grumbled and climbed down.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you, ms Im.” Shinnosuke says as everyone settles down. “It’s alright, Sacchin likes to think she bothers me and I let her.”

 

“Oh, I know exactly what you are talking about.” Nayeon offers with a smirk.

 

“I’m still here, you know!” Sana protests.

 

“And I’ve brought gifts, I know you missed them.” He hands over a big bag of goods.

 

Sana squeals again when she sees the content, and climbs on him again. At this point, Nayeon just accepted that her fiance just really loved this man and missed him a lot, so she continued conversing and ignoring her fiance. They actually get along very well, and she learns a lot about how the people waiting for them in Japan are. Sure, Nayeon had met the in-laws, but they had flown to Korea to spend the holidays with her own family, she didn’t really know about the others waiting for them. But Nayeon was very happy to know more and relieved to learn that he had come to settle everything for Mina and that their girl had decided to get immediate help.

 

Night rolled in and Shinnosuke got a message on his phone, perhaps someone telling him about something important, but it made him remember that he still needed to find a hotel to stay. Sana was very mad and demanded he stayed with them, it was unacceptable and she didn’t raise him to be so disrespectful, to which Shinnosuke just sighed and Nayeon cackled. He declared he was cooking dinner, however, and asked if he could be shown his room to change first. 

 

After the man changed, Nayeon did falter a little bit, not because she felt insecure, but her panual did drool a little bit when he emerged from their guest room in basketball shorts and a tank top. The muscles were visible through the suit, but damn she was attacked right then. That man was sculpted like a greek god and she was considering sinning right then and there. But it also explained how Sana was no trouble for him at all. Sana noticed, but just found it funny how bothered the great Im Nayeon was about her Shin-Chan-Nii, if only she knew he was as straight as a circle and had been with Kai for years already. The two were set to get officially married soon, they had postponed it because the older board members would discredit Kai for the mere fact he was with a man and not a ‘nice woman’ as they put it.

 

The next morning was interesting, both Nayeon and Sana called in and asked to begin working a bit later. Not that either really needed to, their jobs didn’t have a set schedule, they just had a set amount of things they should go through the day and if they finished, that was that. Shinnosuke was already up and making breakfast when Nayeon woke up and she immediately was attacked again, but pretended it didn’t affect her, Sana would right through the act, but whatever. The group was happily talking when angry knocks sounded through the apartment.

 

“I’ll answer it, don’t move.” Shinnosuke said and got up, messing up his hair and taking his shirt off on the way.

 

The purpose of it? To throw off anyone after the girls, it would make him look like he lived there and the second of hesitation gave him the advantage. For some it would sound a bit paranoid, but he was trained as a high profile security personnel, Kai’s idea, and it proved to be useful for both of them more times than they cared to admit. 

 

“What?” Shin asks in a groggy voice.

 

“Who the hell are you?” A small woman with pink hair asks.

 

“Shinnosuke.” He answers flatly. “Who are you?”

 

“We want to talk to Nayeon and Sana, are they in?” The other woman, much taller, stops the short one.

 

“I’ll ask.” He responds and closes the door. 

 

The women had moved to the kitchen entrance, and were giggling like schoolgirls about the whole thing. Sure, Shin-chan was a whole lot of a man, but the look on Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung’s faces was priceless, they had been watching through the intercom, it had a camera. 

 

“I’m guessing you two saw everything. Do you want to talk to them?”

 

“They are probably here about Minnie.” Sana ponders. “Just don’t reveal to them you know anything. For all they know, you are here because we wanted to try something different and spice up our relationship.”

 

“Ew.” He does his best disgusted face. 

 

“Don’t ‘ew’ us and just play along!” Nayeon scolds among laughter. “They were likely in on the whole thing and we don’t really want them knowing anything.”

 

“Alright, should I sit on the couch and let you both get all over me?”

 

“Yup, Sacchan go on and sit on his lap, I’ll answer the door.” 

 

Nayeon goes on and heads to the front door, she could hear some argument happening, but took the time to mess herself up and look more like she just got out of bed and had fun the previous evening. When she opened the door, both stopped whatever they were saying, looking between disgusted (Jeongyeon) and impressed (Chaeyoung) eyeing Nayeon up and down, maybe trying to see if they could find something. There were a few fresh hickeys Sana left there last night, and her fiance also sported a few from herself. This is gonna be fun.

 

She gestured for the couple to enter and closed the door as they passed, not waiting for any of them, Nayeon got to the living room, finding Sana looking like a little girl on her father’s lap, Shin-chan looking at her like an older brother, and cleared so they started playing along. The change in behaviour was instant and Nayeon wondered if those two shouldn’t have invested in acting. Regardless, she musters her y aura as well, not that hard when Sana was a whole snack and her pajama shorts was riding up where Shinnosuke had rested his hand. Now, after seeing those very genuine fraternal gazes she caught when she entered the living room, Nayeon was completely at ease.

 

“What’s going on?” Jeongyeon demands.

 

“I believe that our private business is, well, private.” Shinnosuke says, after a very sensual kiss to Nayeon’s cheek and a strategic run of his hand up Sana’s back.

 

Yup, they were selling this show perfectly.

 

“Look, dude, we are here for those two, not you.” Chaeyoung spits.

 

“Well, I’m here for these two as well. What a coincidence.” Sana tucks her face on his neck and kisses it.

 

“Can you all just chill for five minutes? I have something to ask!”

 

“Fine.” Nayeon huffs and moves herself and Sana to sit up, neither leaving their places on Shinnosuke’s lap. One on each leg. “What do you want here at this hour, Jeong?”

 

“Why are you avoiding us and where’s Mina?”

 

“Look, we don’t know where Mina is, maybe ask Jihyo? And we aren’t avoiding you, as you can see” Sana gestures to the three of them. “we’ve been busy.”

 

“Yeah, you’ve been busy, but you can’t have been THAT busy all weekend!” Chaeyoung complais.

 

“Actually, we were this busy all weekend.” Nayeon slurs, taking the chance to drag her hands over those chiseled abs she had been watching. 

 

“And you haven’t seen Mina at all? Not a single word between you all?” Jeongyeon raises an eyebrow.

 

“Jeong, our phones were thrown on the couch the moment we arrived friday night and we haven’t bothered looking for them since. Now, if you don’t mind, Shin-chan here has promised us something and we want it before we all have to go to work.” Nayeon dismisses them.

 

“So you didn’t go to work yesterday?” Chaeyoung questions, she had always been sharp.

 

“Chae, Yeonnie and I have too many sick days accumulated, we did intend to save them for our honeymoon, but Shin-chan was a great reason for one, don’t you agree?!”

 

“Sana, we don’t have to know the details.”

 

“Well, Jeong, then you maybe shouldn’t have asked. Now please go bother someone else, we are wasting time here and we really don’t want to have to rush things.” Nayeon snapped, she really needed these two out and away.

 

“We’ll go, but this isn’t over.”

 

“It’s over for us, Jeong. We don’t have what you came for, so stop pestering us about it.” Sana got annoyed.

 

Now, Sana may be made of sunshine, rainbows and cotton candy, but don’t make her angry or she will stab a . Everyone knew it, what only Nayeon and Shinnosuke knew, however, was that Sana was also trained in Krav Maga, and excelled in it. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung looked like they didn’t want to risk it, though, they gulped and bowed, scurrying out as fast as they could. Once the door closed behind them, the trio on the couch bursted out laughing, Sana was laughing so hard she fell to the ground, Nayeon was cackling and snorting, Shinnosuke was trying not to drool but failing.

 

“Alright, girlies.” He said when he was able to control himself. “I’ll go ahead and take a quick shower. I still have to go by Mina’s jobs and communicate her leaving and get back by lunch. Kai has a meeting with some possible clients at three.”

 

“I’ll fix the kitchen, Yeonnie, you can go and get ready first.” Sana said and headed to the kitchen.

 

“Just put everything in the dishwasher and turn it on, we’ll end up being late if we take too long.”

 

“Will do, get something out for me.” The japanese kissed her fiance and went to do her chores. 

 

Less than half an hour later all three were ready to leave. Shinnosuke in another fancy suit, smelling like an angel, Nayeon took note, it was citrusy and woody and just the tiniest hint of musk. Sana hugged her big brother tightly, promising they would meet soon, and Nayeon got a tight hug too, she wasn’t complaining. They left and the girls were earlier than they expected. Nayeon was happy that she got to know someone so clearly important to the love of her life, she couldn’t wait to get married and off to Japan already.

 

Days later, Jihyo was getting a visit from the landlord and his wife, demanding her to pay rent, she said Mina took care of it and he let her know that Myoui Mina wasn’t even in the lease anymore, and that she had until the end of the week to pay up. Jihyo was lost about what to do, she didn’t have any money, Mina knew that, how could she do that to her. Jihyo tried to call again, already knowing she wouldn’t reach the japanese, but now she got the message that the line had been disconnected. Her only choice was Chan, surely he would help out, but of course he didn’t, he said she could crash with him but that there was no money, he was spending everything on her debut.

 

Left without a choice, Jihyo called her parents, they weren’t her biggest fans ever since they learned that Mina was the only provider for them and that their daughter was just spending her days going to meals and drinks and calling it networking. Mr and mrs Park helped, of course, Jihyo was still their daughter, but told her to get a proper job as they never agreed with the way she was living and she had to start making money immediately. They also asked their daughter what was happening with Mina, to which Jihyo had to explain she left after an incident, it wasn’t good enough for mrs Park, and she was always able to squeeze the truth out of her daughter.

 

After that, Jihyo got a part time job, not nearly enough to pay for the apartment she lived with Mina, so she moved to a smaller one, luckily in the same building as Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung, a few floors below and smaller than her friends’, but it would be enough for her. Chan said he needed his space, and she also didn’t want to live with him after he failed to come through in her time of need. Sana and Nayeon had pretty much disappeared too, if it wasn’t for the couple telling Jihyo they had seen them recently but didn’t really talk because there was a guest, Jihyo would think Nayeon and Sana had vanished as well.

 

But days turn into weeks, and weeks into months and life goes on, as it does to everyone. Mina spent some time getting intensive treatment, and when she took her place beside her brother, she was already a new woman, strong and sure of herself. She was sent to her first project as soon as she finished her adaptation period, a chain of beauty clinics, owned by a family that reached out to Myoui Co many years before and had been great business partners ever since. The main reason Mina wanted to go herself was because there was a new line of products that made a lot of beauty procedures simpler and the Chous had been testing them for a while now, and Mina suggested the advertisement campaign be done in their clinics.

 

Kai liked his sister’s ideas and told her to get her assistant, a publicity unit and head there to make it happen. Mina did gather a team, mostly those she preferred working with, and set the dates. They should spend about a month in Tainan, discussing and producing their commercials, and she gave an option for everyone selected to refuse if they felt it would be too long away from home, she knew all of them were married and had their families to take care of. The next meeting, only one said they couldn’t go, Mina thanked them and selected someone else. After everything was settled, the Chous agreed to the schedule and the team headed out.

 

It was suggested by mr Chou that they use his youngest as the model for the ads, as the girl was an up and coming model, and he would like to give her a bigger project if he could. Seeing the previous works, Myoui Co agreed, they didn’t have anything against it, and the girl looked gorgeous, really a shame to not give her more exposure. With everything set, everyone got to work, Mina doing her best to coordinate everything, the young Chou arrived the day before shooting was set to begin. They decided it would be best to shoot the commercials first and then the stills for billboards and magazines.

 

“Alright, everyone!” Mina says cheerily, trying her best to motivate everyone. “We got this!”

 

There is a chorus of agreement, Mina’s secretary chuckled, she was always amused when her huge introvert of a boss tried her best to look leader-ish. Everyone starts moving, and Mina asks mrs Fukuda (her secretary) to order a coffee cart that serves cookies for everyone, as a token of appreciation and a pick-me-up for the first day so everyone can start off with some extra motivation. The model was supposed to arrive around ten, by then the teams could have settled themselves in their respective sectors and the model wouldn’t have to stay idle.

 

Chou Tzuyu was a beauty in the reference pictures, but nothing prepared the team for the young woman in person, nobody would ever admit to it, but everyone stopped for a few seconds to look at her. It was becoming more and more normal, so Tzuyu just chuckled and waited for the production crew to catch themselves and understand she just greeted everyone. Tzuyu’s manager was also having a good time, and guided her to the dressing room as he had been instructed. Mina had been running around and checking everything all morning, she was directing the entire campaign and wanted everything to go smoothly.

 

As Tzuyu wouldn’t need makeup for this, the artists were mucking around until the light and camera tests were done so they could test Tzuyu’s makeup and note everything down so the schedule could begin the next day and avoid as many complications as possible. The stylists also didn’t bother with accessories, they just needed the bigger pieces so the photographer could do his thing and the lighting crew could adjust what was needed. To say Tzuyu was impressed with all these preparations would be an understatement, a novice like herself was used to being thrown around and having to waste hours when problems arise. 

 

Mina was just a careful person by nature, to her, it didn’t matter who she would work with, she would put the same care and thoughtfulness regardless. The taiwan people were charmed, the japan crew was used to it, they had been working with her for a few months and already understood this was just how she was and did their best to keep up. Mina had been talking to the photographer and discussing the schedule. The man wanted to change it, but the japanese was making a good case telling him it wouldn’t be possible as everything was already agreed upon and settled and it wasn’t up to just one person’s decision anymore. The man couldn’t really find an argument to that, but he was saved from answering when Tzuyu arrived.

 

“Ms Chou, it’s a pleasure meeting you.” Mina greeted with a polite bow. “I’m Myoui Mina, and I’ll be directing this campaign. This is mr Zhao ShinShin and he will be our photographer for this project, I believe you might be acquainted as your father was the one to recommend him.”

 

“It’s a pleasure, mrs Myoui.” Tzuyu bows back.

 

“Oh, no. It’s very much ms Myoui.” Mina laughs. “Mrs Myoui is my mom, and Mina is just fine, we’ll see a lot of each other and being so formal might get tiring.”

 

“Only if it’s Tzuyu to you too. I’m younger and would feel weird having you treat me with honorifics.” The model chuckles.

 

“We have a deal.” At that point, the photographer clears his throat to be noticed.

 

“And it’s nice to see you again, mr Zhao. I do admire your work whenever father accompanies me to your exhibitions.” 

 

“You are very generous, ms Chou. I promise I’ll do my very best to capture your best sides.”

 

“Shall we begin, then?” Mina interferes, she notices the photographer’s eyes lingering where they shouldn’t. “The sooner we begin, the sooner we can go and have lunch.”

 

“Great idea, and I’ll still have to test makeup in the afternoon.” Tzuyu agrees promptly.

 

Zhao was a master at his craft, but was known to pressure many models into giving into him. Mina knew that perfectly and so did Tzuyu. That’s one of the reasons Mina took the reins and decided to oversee everything personally, she wasn’t the one planned to direct, but she talked to mr Tanaka, the one intended for the part, and he agreed to let her be the face of everything after the young woman explained her worries. Despite what anyone could think of them, those who worked for the Myoui family knew they stood on very solid values and a sleazy man who used his position to take advantage of girls by threatening their careers was something that would never stand.

 

Mr Tanaka was still the visual director, but he agreed that it was best to have Mina’s position weighing on the photographer to help keep him in line. Tzuyu was just glad that it wasn’t looking like she would be left alone at any point during this project, and that was precisely Mina’s intention, the taller woman just didn’t know it yet. Camera and lighting adjusted, everyone is given two hours for lunch, Mina invited Tzuyu and her manager to have lunch with herself, mr Takana, and mrs Fukuda, it was rather pleasant and left mr Zhao very frustrated as he wanted to stark making his moves, but nobody really cared about him that much. In truth, the photographer was just here because mr Chou asked for it, mr Tanaka could easily do it and would happily take the post when Mina fired him.

 

“Now, Tzuyu-san, shall we head into makeup so you can go home early and rest?” Mina chirped as they re-entered the studio.

 

“Please, Mina-san. I could really use some more time with my family, it’s been a while since I last saw them.”

 

Mina smiles and gestures to the dressing room, which was way more comfortable than it should be, but Tzuyu wasn’t about to complain. Zhao managed to slither into the dressing room as the first makeup test was in progress, the artists saw him but didn’t bother. He didn’t notice Mina sitting in a corner and out of the way so everyone could do their jobs uninterrupted. Everyone had been speaking english as they thought the japanese team would have trouble with mandarin, but Mina herself was fluent in it, another reason her brother sent her to oversee everything. Nothing escaped the young Myoui’s ears, and that was a very important thing when doing business.

 

“So, when are we going out, Tzu? I could help you out with your career.” The man was as sleazy as rumors said. “This project could be big, you know.”

 

Tzuyu didn’t even react, first, she had makeup artists working on her, and second, she really wanted this guy out, and it would be great if Mina fired him before they started.

 

“Come on, baby girl.” He slithers closer. “I know you were watching me earlier, we could have had fun during lunch but that japanese took you away.”

 

The artists and Tzuyu were doing their best to not laugh, Mina had begun recording the moment she saw him enter the room uninvited. She would certainly need proof for firing him, and this was better than anything else.

 

“I know you want to have fun with me, how about we sneak away after you are done here and I’ll show you a great time.”

 

“Ms Myoui has scheduled the hairdressers after makeup, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline.”

 

“That jap doesn’t know anything, she just has a stick so far up her that she can’t even look around.”

 

“And it seems like you can’t either, mr Zhao.” Mina decides to speak up.

 

The photographer splutters with wild eyes and jumps a foot back.

 

“Now, mr Zhao, you may leave. Take your equipment along and do not return, my people will contact you to terminate your participation.”

 

“You can’t fire me, mr Chou put me here.” He smirks.

 

“I can do whatever I want, and I want you gone before I have to ask you to be escorted out.”

 

“Like a dumb jap like you knows anything. I knew you would be a stuck up the moment you thought you could refuse my schedule alterations just because you say it would be troublesome for insignificant people.”

 

“And there, mr Zhao, is why we would never work together. Not a single person working in this project is insignificant. Well, besides yourself, maybe.” Mina chuckles. “And there are many, many people far more important than yourself, the people who clean up, for example, if they don’t, we don’t have a nice and clean environment and we can’t do our work.”

 

“Yeah, like a lowly janitor could ever come to my level.”

 

“Indeed, they would have to fall too far down to get there. Now, mr Zhao, go on ahead and follow those nice gentlemen out.” Mina nods towards the door, two security guards were waiting. “You are also banned from the premises, if you try to enter again, I’ll be calling the police and filing a lawsuit.”

 

Mina nods to the security guards, they move forward and drag a raging Zhao out of the dressing room and Mina ends the recording, forwarding it to mr and mrs Chou, mrs Fukuda so the woman can start taking the necessary steps. Whatever mr Chou and his wife decided to do with the footage, that was on them, and Mina had already gotten rid of that bother, so she just cracked some jokes to lighten the air and got everyone back on schedule, it worked wonders, and everyone went ahead with the day. Things wrapped up nicely, and Tzuyu was so happy that mr Tanaka was now the one behind the camera, the man had been very nice to her during lunch, and he did treat her like he did Mina, just as he would little children trying to look grown up.

 

After the first day's disturbance, everything was easy, way too easy if you ask Tzuyu, and too difficult if you ask Mina. The truth was somewhere between, problems arose, as they should, and Mina did her best to solve all of them immediately, she went above and beyond to ensure nothing would stop production and nobody was delayed. Tzuyu, as the model, didn’t know any of the workings that went on in the background, she pretty much just got there, got dolled up and stood in front of the camera. To her, this was the most perfectly planned and strictly scheduled production she had ever seen, nothing was ever rescheduled, postponed or delayed at any point.

 

The day before everything was scheduled to be done, Tzuyu was sitting in a corner and watching the set being switched, she always enjoyed watching how other people worked. Mrs Tanaka, who was also free at the moment, approached the young model to ask her views on how things were progressing, she wanted to know from an outsider’s perspective how her boss’ first official project. Also, the woman saw how the model looked at the little boss, there was a clear interest there, and after learning how Mina had gone through some tough times and this model could, at the very least, show her some good times.

 

“How was this whole thing for you?” Mrs Tanaka asks, sitting beside the model and handing over a cup of tea.

 

“Oh, thank you.” Tzuyu grabs the cup, humming happily at the taste of her favorite tea. “This whole production was surprisingly organized.”

 

“Mina is doing her best, but don’t tell her we have all been helping, she thinks she’s doing it all by herself.” The older woman chuckles.

 

“So, there ARE problems happening and I’m just not seeing them.” The model laughs a little. “I was starting to find it weird that nothing was really out of order for me.”

 

“Little boss does like to make sure as little as possible interferes with what was planned. She does hate it when everyone knows what’s supposed to happen and then it doesn’t because someone decided to just not do their part.”

 

“Sounds like a control freak to me.” Tzuyu chuckles.

 

Mrs Tanaka laughs too. “She means well. But I’m here to warn you, she will never do anything, so you should definitely go for it.”

 

“I- What?”

 

“Everyone can see you fancy her. But Mina isn’t as self assured as she makes it seem, so you should definitely get her number and ask her out or nothing will ever happen.”

 

“Was I really that obvious?”

 

“Not so much, but stick around long enough and people notice. Also, Mina likes you too, she just doesn’t do anything.”

 

“Putting it like that, I’ll go and smooth my way into a date.”

 

“Oh, don’t be smooth whatsoever. Go up to her and tell her straight up that you want a date date. She’ll never get it otherwise.”

 

Tzuyu chuckles but nods, walking away to try and find the cute little penguin and, maybe, get a date. And if the date was good enough, maybe she could get some kisses too, kisses are nice. Oh, and hugs, hugs are great too. And walk around holding hands, maybe put her arm around Mina’s shoulder and kiss her hair. She looks like her hair smells nice, actually Mina looks like she smells good in general. Among her musings, Tzuyu sees that the woman she had been looking for was taking a call just outside the studio’s entrance. The model fixes herself a bit and makes her way over.

 

“Mina-san?” Tzuyu calls when the other is done.

 

“Tzuyu-san, what can I help you with?” Mina asks enthusiastically.

 

“You could let me take you out on a date, that would be very helpful. Maybe some kisses after. If I’m lucky we can have another date…” The model wonders.

 

Mina is very flustered, trying her best not to stutter.

 

“I-a I- I’d lov-love to. We-we cou-could do tha-that, sure.” Dammit! 

 

“Great, I’ll pick you up at your hotel at eight, dress casually and be at the lobby, I can’t really afford to stay in public too long.” Tzuyu giggles and walks away with a kiss thrown over her shoulder.

 

Mina is left there, mouth gaping like a fish, trying her best to understand what just happened. Did this uber model in the making, wonderful woman, beautiful soul that is Chou Tzuyu just ask her out? She did, didn’t she?! And what does Mina do? Stutters like an idiot and is left gaping after the woman leaves. Okay, Mina, you are a Myoui, you do not stutter and you do not freeze, except she just did and she still is, like a derp. Shaking herself out of her inner freak-out, Mina looks around to see how many people saw it, coming to the conclusion that absolutely everyone in the studio did, and she decides to just pretend nothing happened, everyone else just found it too cute and decided to cut her some slack.

 

The day’s schedule was over around five, Mina was ushered away as soon as Tzuyu left with her manager, mrs Tanaka claiming her boss would need time to get ready, and that Mina should definitely not dress casual, but look casual enough to pass, the younger woman had absolutely no idea what the woman meant and the secretary decided to just go with Mina to choose the outfit for her. Mrs Chou was the most excited when her daughter suddenly arrived and asked to borrow her car, mr Chou just told Tzuyu to use protection (which she didn’t understand what for) and said his daughter had made a great choice and he would call the Myouis and start talking about joining their families immediately.

 

Tzuyu told her dad it was just a first date and he shouldn’t rush anything, he wasn’t listening. The main reason the model asked for her mother’s car? Simple, her own was already known to the media and she didn’t need the extra pressure of paparazzi following her around when Mina wa already that nervous just being asked out to begin with. Turns out, mr Chou was right to open the conversations, because the first date was great, Mina shyly kissed Tzuyu’s lips before bolting out of the car. The model arrived for the last day of shooting and greeted the shy little thing that was Mina with a passionate but chaste kiss that had everyone hollering (the entire crew saw how the model had been trying to get the shy director and was happy that it finally happened, so they all could stop having to listen to Tzuyu complaining that Mina wasn’t paying attention to her). The second date happened the very next day, mr Chou decided to wait out for the girls, and when Mina arrived to drop Tzuyu, both were told to go in, he just laughed and said he was happy for them, mrs Chou was the one to do the stern parent routine on Mina.

 

But, being a model on the rise, meant Tzuyu didn’t have that much time nor privacy to actually have a normal dating life, they managed very well, however. The commercial for Myoui Co actually gave Tzuyu’s career a great jump ahead it certainly needed, the main reason being that Myoui Co always preferred big names or great promises to star in their commercial campaigns. Being the one with the more flexible (not really, but she managed) schedule, Mina would always make sure to coordinate her free time with Tzuyu’s, both either spending time in Taiwan where the model lived, or in Aoyama, where Mina chose to buy her house at. It was nice, they’d mostly spend time indoors, Mina’s house was very traditional and had a huge garden, so Tzuyu never really complained about not actually leaving the property.

 

A year into the relationship, Tzuyu was in Milan, she flew in for a Gucci fashion show, and arrived earlier to sleep the jetlag away before the actual show, Mina took the family jet to Tainan and asked mr and mrs Chou to marry their daughter, they said they had just assumed that they were engaged for the last year already but were thankful that Mina asked regardless. Then, the youngest Myoui flew to Milan, she had front row tickets to the show and intended to take Tzuyu out for dinner after, the reservations were already made, and then propose after they got to the hotel room she had gotten for them both to spend the night after (with luck) some sweet love making. 

 

Everyone was in on it, the Myouis were all for it, happy that their little girl was finally with someone good for her. Despite the crazy schedules, both Mina and Tzuyu’s, they made it work and grew to love each other very much. Also, Sana and Nayeon’s wedding was approaching, and Mina would really like to bring Tzuyu as her fiance, proudly show her off and tell everyone that yes, Mina was lucky to have a woman like Chou Tzuyu as her betrothed. Plus, Sana and Nayeon were two very important people to Mina, and she wanted them to meet Tzuyu as the one Mina was blessed with, after everything.

 

While Mina was going on with her life and blossoming into the amazing woman she always had the potential to be, Jihyo had, finally, released her one album. Chan didn’t care much for promoting her properly, but Jihyo wrote her own songs, making them deep, personal and relatable to many. She managed to gather quite a following and held herself in the top ten for a good few weeks after her debut. But that had been months ago, she needed a new mini album, or a single at least, her song was still number nine, but she knew she would start falling soon. She never stopped writing, it was prompted little after Mina disappeared, she had grown so used to her girlfriend supporting both that she didn’t really think about what that meant.

 

The day that the landlord came to get the rent, Jihyo just chucked it to Mina not having been paid on time that month, it happened a lot, but her blood ran cold when the man said Mina wasn’t even on the lease anymore, she was forced to call her parents and take whatever they threw at her, because it was true and because she really needed the money. They paid, but warned her that it would be the last time they did, so Jihyo had to go and get a job. She had been out of the market for a while already, and it took her much effort to get used to working all day, but Mina had disappeared and she had to provide for herself now.

 

In the first few months, Jihyo struggled more than she will ever admit, even to herself, but she gritted her teeth and pulled through. What was harder was that Chan saw Mina’s disappearance as his chance to get booty anytime he wanted without having to hide away anymore, and most days Jihyo just wanted to get home, have a warm shower and sleep, she was tired and didn't need him showing up at all times. But, then again, she still had to make her musical career happen, and had bet too much on him to give up now. So she worked, moved to a small apartment in the same building as Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung, they were happy to help her move, and would give her a hand here and there.

 

The three felt they had been completely shut out by Nayeon and Sana too, the couple had stopped responding to their group chat, would take days to text back for private messages, kept refusing to meet up, saying they had started preparing for the wedding and were too tired to do much. It was a lie, they all knew it, Chaeyoung worked with Yerim, one of Nayeon’s close friends, who said she had gone out with the couple just like normal. Through all of this, Jihyo started seeing the effort Mina had put into being their financial stability, and that brought up some much needed reflections about her life. 

 

Jihyo’s title song, the one everyone liked was her begging for forgiveness, all the other songs in that album were her telling Mina how sorry she was for everything, and sorrow and heartbreak is always a public’s favorite, so she got quite the visibility despite being a rookie. The closer it came to Nayeon and Sana’s wedding, the more Jihyo got her hopes up to see Mina again, she knew the japanese wouldn’t miss it for the world, and would take any chance she had to talk and beg for another chance. Chan was always busy trying to get his own career up, he spent his days recording songs and sending out demos to see if anyone would sponsor him.

 

Truth be told, Nayeon and Sana were busy with their wedding, mainly because they would have two ceremonies, one in Korea for Nayeon’s extended family who couldn’t travel to Japan for the second one and their friends who couldn’t go as well. It would be a simpler event, just so they could accommodate those who wouldn’t be attending the other. Mina wasn’t going to Korea for that one, however, she had talked to the couple and they understood, neither wanted her to meet anyone she didn’t want to see also. So Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were very disheartened that their lost friend was still lost, and also a little sad that they couldn’t afford to attend the japanese ceremony, it’s supposed to be huge and fancy and they wanted the glamour, but didn’t have the funds for it all.

 

That day, Eunha, a friend of both Sana and Mina, had agreed to stream the ceremony to the younger japanese, they had kept in touch, and Tzuyu had even flown over to watch it with her fiance, Mina introduced her to her friend and they even talked a little bit with Eunha and her boyfriend before the wedding began, Tzuyu liked the girl, she was nice and very pretty. They watched while eating some mochi mrs Myoui had sent them and having some green tea Mina loved and Tzuyu had acquired a taste for already. It was a beautiful ceremony, despite how simple it was, but they wrote their vows and the person officiating it also wrote a beautiful speech for the brides.

 

The japanese wedding, however, was supposed to be completely traditional, following absolutely all protocols and traditions of their people. The Minatozaki was a very affluent family, of royalty descent and were one of the biggest names in the wagyu business, the family provided beef for the emperors since emperor Suinin, they even married a few daughters to a few emperors throughout history (second and third wifes, but married regardless). They were ancient, rich and powerful, and the least they had to do was a big wedding for their heir. Nayeon knew that, obviously, and that was another reason why they had two ceremonies, the Korean one was what they wanted, the japanese one was what they had to do. 

 

The new couple would have about a month between their first and second wedding, so they sent a few messages to their friends saying they were donating everything in their house and it would be first-come-first-serve, but also they couldn’t help anyone take the stuff as they had already sold their cars. There was no point in taking anything with, so they just packed personal things, like photographs, Nayeon’s favorite blanket, their stuffed animals, things like that, they weren’t even taking many clothes at all, both would have to get new and more expensive wardrobes when they got there, and had also already rented a hotel room to stay, so anything that remained in the house was free game.

 

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung got there as early as they could, and got the living room tv, the bed and a few clothes they always liked but had always been slightly above their budget. Jihyo had got there earlier than them, and claimed the couch, she needed one and theirs was only a few months old, the bedroom tv, which was smaller than the one on the living room but would fit the space she had in her apartment, and the fridge, she also needed a new one fast, she also got Sana’s bicycle, it was very nice and barely used. The singer rented a truck and the couple was kind enough to help her load it, she waited for her friends to arrive, as she knew Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung would want big furniture and wouldn’t have the means to take them, she could charge them for the transport with help moving it into her apartment and getting the old ones out.

 

After everyone interested had come and gone, Nayeon and Sana boxed the rest and took it to charity. They had rented a pickup for the last few days they were spending in Korea, but weren’t willing to transport anything for anyone. Mr Minatozaki asked the kids to arrive at least a week earlier, mrs Minatozaki wanted to take them shopping and they had to be fitted into their kimonos for the ceremony, but as they had emptied the house and managed to find a good agent to sell it for them within a week, they decided to just go. It helped that Sana said they could spend a week with Mina if they left earlier. Dahyun visited quite often, but she was a married woman and Joohyun was very fond of married activities. That meant shopping for fabric softener, ironing and folding their clothes together, cleaning the house as a couple, cooking together, these things. The night stuff counted too.

 

But, for the week Sana and Nayeon would be staying with Mina, Dahyun and Joohyun managed to shift their schedules to leave work earlier and spend time with their friends, It might have taken a lot of begging from Mina and changing secretaries with her brother for the week so she could get Joohyun out o his crazy hours, it wasn’t really crazy hours, he just worked slightly later than she did, plus, mrs Fukuda was his secretary first, he only moved her to be Mina’s so his little sister could have someone experient guiding her in her beginnings. Now that everything was beginning to settle and all, maybe Kai could put Joohyun with Mina definitivelly, as he intended from the moment he hired her friend.

 

It was a nice week, Sana took Nayeon shopping as soon as they arrived, taking Mina’s car and getting their new wardrobe started. Mrs Minatozaki was pleased to hear her daughter had arrived earlier, was spending time with her friends and took her wife out to do what they had to do. Once the japanese ceremony happened, Mina was charmed. Again. Tzuyu was beautiful in sweats and old tees, but she was mesmerizing in a kimono, Mina was entrancing herself, but her fiance was just that many levels higher (it was just Mina being too in love, both had stunned many when they made their entrance). The whole thing was tiring, but needed, the rites began at sunrise, and would end at sunset, when they would be able to enjoy the party. The first to break was Dahyun, she got impossibly bored halfway through the morning and it was hard to keep her still after she decided she was thoroughly done with the whole thing. One look from grandma Minatozaki for the young woman to be perfectly quiet, still bored, but on her best behaviour.

 

Joohyun was just there and being entertained by her wife while it was all happening, she could interfere and try to get Dahyun quiet, but she wanted to see where it would go and almost failed to suppress her laughter when grandma Minatozaki scolded the younger woman. After the whole event, the girls go ahead and fall back into their routines, Mina and Joohyun adapting to working together quite fast, the older one has gotten used to the fast pace of Myoui Co and the younger one is still very enthusiastic. Another few months, Tzuyu visits and throws the idea that they should live together, they had been engaged for a while and there was really no need for her to stay in Tainan when Mina owned a great house in a very exclusive and closed neighborhood that offered them all the privacy they could ever need.

 

So, Mina takes a week off (not really, she just works remotely) and flies out with the family jet to get Tzuyu’s things and start their life ‘together’ together. It was always a bit of a scandal ever since Tzuyu started wearing a very beautiful band on her right middle finger, chinese reporters always asked her about it at any opportunity they got and she mastered the art of dodging it. It was somewhat a great deal when a mysterious woman, with a matching band on the left middle finger and holding Tzuyu’s hand through their airport walk. Tzuyu’s agency muffled the case quickly and easily, they had been warned to not oppose the relationship else they’d lose their biggest model.

 

When the development department announced they would be collaborating with a korean music equipment brand, Mina knew right away that she would be the one to lead it. Myoui Co had received a proposal to develop a ultra quality line of headphones for music professionals, something that would offer the best sound quality while still protecting the user’s ears and ensuring the best performance without the loudness damage. It was a challenging project, but interesting and there was nothing on the market with those specifications. Mama Myoui liked it so much that she demanded to be included in the process too. She didn’t want to be the head of development, but she wanted to contribute too.

 

And that’s how, three years after she left, Mina would be returning to Korea to supervise and direct the publicity campaign for the new and revolutionary product, after some revisions to the final agreements. Or so the music company said their slogan should be. Now, Joohyun and Mina were seated in a dingy meeting room (the company they ‘partnered’ with probably thought it looked cool), waiting for a mr Lee, the president who never really did anything but insisted on participating this time. If there was something everyone knew about Myoui Co, was that they despised tardiness, and their contracts always had some clause that would allow them to take over everything if they decided the people partnering up with them wasn’t worth the trouble. 

 

Joohyun had already shot her wife a message to prepare for a possible take over when the man they had been waiting for arrived. Dahyun worked for the legal department of Myoui Co. Mina had snatched her over when she took her post. Mr Lee was a grubby little man, slick black hair combed back and glasses foggy, probably from rushing over, the Myoui heir felt her stomach twist a little, he was a bit disgusting to be honest. The employees stood up and bowed to him, Mina and Joohyun looked on uninterested, and never moved from their places. Truth be told, this company only offered the idea and their idols to promote it ‘for free’, all the research, development and production was up to Myoui Co. In all honesty, they didn’t need this company for anything.

 

“Ms Myoui, it’s a pleasure having you here!” Mr Lee begins. 

 

“Mr Lee.” Mina greets curtly. “This is mrs Bae, my secretary, we’ll be conducting negotiations with you.”

 

“I believed everything had been settled already.” 

 

“You see, mr Lee, it hasn’t. You contacted us with an idea, offering nothing but publicity and the idea itself. Myoui Co did all the research, development and will be the ones responsible for production and distribution.”

 

“Well, yeah!” The man chuckles. “That’s how these things work, no? I give you an idea and you make it happen, then we share the profit.”

 

“You see, mr Lee, we get ideas everyday. Many people mail us about producing their crazy gadgets without anything other than the general notion of what the final product should be.” Joohyun explains.

 

“So? You got my idea and made it happen, so sell it and give me my seventy percent. I’m already giving you a lot.” Mr Lee isn’t understanding and being very rude to the two women.

 

“Oh, mr Lee, you are a very delusional man.” Mina says, voice icy and expressionless. “To begin with, Myoui Co won’t be doing business with you. We came here to offer you twenty percent off the one model that would hold the logo for your most famous group, but now that you clearly won’t be taking the offer, we will be proceeding without your company.”

 

“You can’t do that! It’s my idea!” The man rages, getting to his feet and smacking the table.

 

“Oh, but we can, and we are. Don’t worry, we might still want to feature your group, but with limited edition products, and now the offer would be ten percent over the final sales. When before you would be getting a permanent model.” Mina explains, not even flinching at the man’s outburst.

 

“Also, you should have read the contract carefully.” Joohyun adds. “It clearly stated that you would be compensated for the idea only, which you were, but new negotiations would be required once the product was completed.”

 

“WHAT!”

 

“Manners, mr Lee.” Mina cuts in. “We paid you for the idea, now we don’t feel like doing any other business with you, so we will carry on without your company. As stated on the contract signed by yourself, in which you handed us the concept and agreed to give it up to us. And you also agreed that, once compensated for the idea, you had sold it and would be legally stopped from doing anything else with it.”

 

“WHY DID NOBODY WARN ME ABOUT THIS!” He screams to his employees.

 

“Because you insisted on conducting the transactions yourself, mr Lee. Ms Myoui and I always discussed everything with you directly, and you read the terms you agreed to yourself before signing it.” Mina explains, raising and gathering her things. “Now, you should really leave your employees out of this, it’s unprofessional and the only one responsible for your actions is yourself.”

 

“Your coat, ms Myoui.” Joohyun follows the lead and starts preparing to leave as well. 

 

“Good day mr Lee. Feel free to sue if you think you were wronged.”

 

Leaving the meeting room, Mina instructs Joohyun to call their legal department and proceeds to call ahead and ask her team to get a meeting room at the hotel they had been staying at. They had been prepared to not go ahead with the partnership, but were waiting for their boss’ instructions. The duo arrives back at their hotel shortly, the team already waiting and ready to start planning, Mina announces they wouldn’t be proceeding with the company, and would be promoting the new product not only in Korea but also in Japan, Mina had spent the ride back thinking about what they could do, and decided to have a simultaneous launch in both countries, not only in Korea anymore, she said she wanted to try and promote it with AKB 48, all units so she would have groups from all over the country.

 

Now, for the Korean promotions, Mina had understandably shut any sort of media out, no dramas, no tv shows, no sports, and absolutely nothing related to the music industry, so she would have to rely on her team’s suggestions. Joohyun knew about everything that happened, but the others didn’t, and wouldn’t really know the reason nor agree if Mina was to bar a certain artist. Obviously, she didn’t know how Jihyo’s career was at this point, or even if she had one, she also had worked through the trauma and moved on with her life, but that didn’t mean she wanted to be around her ex.

 

“Now, for the korean artists, how about we just take the top three most popular ones?” Someone suggests, snapping Mina out of her reverie.

 

“What list would we check on for such artists?” Joohyun asks.

 

“We could just go for the top three on Melon.” The same man adds.

 

“That sounds like a plan.” Mina agrees. “Alright, everyone begins checking and contacting the companies to see if the artists are available. We’ll offer them ten percent over the sales of the limited edition with the group’s logo, plus the standard we always offer ambassadors. There will be three thousand units available, one thousand for pre-sale and another two thousand on stores, people will have to scavange hunt for them, the units will be distributed among stores all over the country randomly.”

 

“That’s a great idea, how about AKB?” 

 

“I’ll call our team in Japan and have them draw the contract, we’ll give two thousand units for each subunit of theirs, same process, a thousand pre-sale, a thousand spread randomly. We’ll just coordinate with the logo and have our design team make it work. It will look refined and fancy, following the idea for the mass produced ones, if a group’s color matches the ones we already have in line, we’ll change ours. I don’t want people just putting a sticker on the mass produced ones and saying it’s the limited edition.”

 

“Should we draw the contracts for the artists here, ms Myoui?”

 

“If the companies are interested, yes. Also, contact a studio and begin preparing for the shoot, we’ll coordinate everyone so the three chosen can shoot on the same day, then another day for the stills and we’ll be done here. Mrs Bae will be in charge of solving any issues I can’t. Now, mr Tsuda, once the contracts are agreed upon, contact the design team and have them produce the limited edition ones for each team. One for each member and their managers and one for their company president.”

 

“No problem, ms Myoui.”

 

“Mrs Bae, I’ll step out to take care of the calls to the Japan teams and have them on stand by, please proceed with everything here.”

 

“No problem, ms Myoui.” Joohyun agrees.

 

Mina heads to her room to make the calls, she could have stayed in the meeting room but everyone else was also talking and making calls, and she wanted to talk to the japan teams calmly. She gave out the instructions to the design team, called the factory to give them a heads up and negotiate the price for the units she would need immediately. Then called their legal department, asking them to draw the contracts for whomever her team chose, and start preparing the contracts for AKB 48 for when they returned. Everything being set in motion, Mina returns to the meeting room, her team had already scouted who they would be working with, Joohyun looked weird, so the japanese decided to approach, they didn’t have time for doubts now.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyun?” Mina asks softly.

 

“Well, she’s one of the artists selected.” Joohyun answers a bit bitterly.

 

“It’s alright, I knew the possibility of her being selected. There’s nothing you should worry about from me, I already worked everything out. Going for the impatient route was the best choice.”

 

“I just worry for you.”

 

“And I love you for it, but it’s alright. Not to mention, I have Tzuyu and there’s absolutely no way I’m giving her up for anyone.”

 

“Tzuyu is a fine woman indeed.” Joohyun agrees, letting out a relieved sigh. “Are you planning on giving her a limited edition?”

 

“I am, but I’ll talk to her about that when we get back home. But I’d love it if she would accept. That would mean I would have to get another model to get a few units with her as well. We’ll take care of that later, though.” Mina shrugs nonchalantly.

 

“Fine.” Joohyun huffs. “Now, I’ll visit the ones we selected and talk contract with them. You, stay and coordinate here.”

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

Both women chuckle at that, Joohyun checks her email to see if the legal team has sent the contracts, Mina goes around checking everyone else. Once the awaited contracts arrive, Joohyun asks the front desk for a printer and makes sure she has all the paperwork she needs. Then she communicates her leave and proceeds to the first entertainment company of the day. Joohyun leaves Jihyo’s company for last, she really didn’t want to see the woman, but it was out of her hands. Despite only having the one mini album, Jihyo managed to hold third place and was fairly popular, her songs seemed to resonate with the public, and if it would sell, there was no reason to refuse her.

 

Mina had been ordered to call her fiance, and took the chance to step out when she was ordering lunch for her team, they had decided to eat later, and she went down to talk about arranging their meal outside the set times, she didn’t mind paying the extra fees, as it would have to be a la carte, the buffet closed at two, and the team wanted to eat at three. Also, Mina asked for some refreshments to be sent up before going to her bedroom to call Tzuyu. The model had been worried when she left for her show in Paris, Mina promised she would call every night, but she figured something like this should be said as soon as possible. Plus, Tzuyu’s show was two days from now, she was certain her fiance would be in her hotel room sleeping off the jetlag at the moment.

 

Indeed, Tzuyu’s raspy voice confirmed she had been asleep, or trying to sleep. The model was happy to hear her lover’s voice, got a bit worried when Mina said she had not that good news, but relaxed when she learned it was just that Mina’s ex had been selected. In truth, Tzuyu did have that jealousy about Mina’s exes when they first started going out, but she got her doubts completely erased when she met Mina’s best friends (and their partners). They told the model everything that happened, things that Mina didn’t really want to tell her yet, but she understood it was a heavy topic and it’s not something that should just be threaded lightly.

 

When Mina learned her friends had spilled everything, it was the first day after Tzuyu had moved in. The taller woman blurted it out when they were watching a movie and it just came bubbling up. Mina understood and explained the whole story, from when she met Jihyo to the day she was allowed out of impatient treatment, to how she is still getting counseling for the trauma, despite not having any feelings towards her ex anymore. And truthfully, Mina felt nothing for Jihyo anymore, she didn’t hate her, she didn’t miss her, she didn’t despise her, she nothing her, there wasn’t any sentiment the singer evoked anymore. 

 

It took three days to get everything done, all teams cooperating for everything to run as smoothly as possible. The first units were done and sent over in the Myoui jet, Shinnosuke was the one to bring them, he met Mina and Joohyun at the airport, helped them load the headsets in the SUV Mina insisted on renting for the transportation, which turned out to be a great choice when they saw how much volume the boxes made. And then they just went for lunch at a fancy restaurant with him, the plane would need a few hours to be able to fly back. Joohyun suggested they pay a visit to the CEOs to deliver the gifts, as they had some free time.

 

When they did get to Jihyo’s company, the supposed CEO brought up an unpleasant memory. The memory of his back between her ex’s legs, his grunts rang through Mina’s ears a long time after she witnessed it. The trio had been directed to a recording studio, finding the man adjusting something in the computer and talking about how his music had improved. When Jihyo debuted, Chan gave her free reign to do whatever she thought best with her music, he was more invested in promoting himself and getting his songs to sell. He recorded something new every other day, and the money for her new album kept being diverted to another one of his songs.

 

The invitation to promote a new product was Jihyo’s big chance for another comeback, Myoui Co asked for a new song to be on the adds, preferably a comeback, and she had another two full albums worth of songs ready and waiting to be launched. Her manager had some trouble pushing for the agreement, and Chan only accepted because of the 10% over the exclusive models, half would be the company’s, meaning more for him. He did try to protest about those 5% going directly to the artist and that he wasn’t the one being selected, but Joohyun was intimidating and Jihyo and her manager made the case that the other 5% could pay for Jihyo’s comeback and he wouldn’t have to take money from his recordings.

 

“Mr Bang.” Joohyun called.

 

“Mrs Bae, it’s nice to see you again.” The man greets.

 

“These are mr Myamura, our CHRO, and this is our COO, ms Myoui.” Joohyun introduced.

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” He greets and shakes their hands. “What do I owe the pleasure?”

 

“Well, mr Bang, the headsets arrived and we thought it would be nice to come meet you and give you the one your artist will be promoting.” Mina explains and hands over the box.

 

“Thank you very much!” Chan looks happy about the gift. “It came at a great time, I’ll test it today in my recording!”

 

“We are glad you feel so enthusiastic about our product, and hope you will give it a good use.” Shinnosuke says. “Now, if you excuse us, we still have more meetings to attend.”

 

The three bow and take their leave, Mina felt relieved that she didn’t run into anyone else but the man they had been looking for. Again, not that she felt anything, but she really didn’t need the extra bother today. From a corner of the lobby, a pair of curious eyes follows the group as they leave, that was definitely Joohyun but was it Mina with her? When did Mina come back? Did Jihyo know that Mina was back? If that’s Mina, what is she doing here, at this company? Jeongyeon was confused, to say the least, she still wasn’t sure that was Mina, the woman was blonde and the Mina she knew wasn’t someone who would do that radical change. Then again, did she know Mina at all, besides the dedicated girlfriend and foolish provider that had disappeared and left Jihyo with the bills unpaid.

 

Another two days so her team could rest, and production began, it was the weekend, but the entertainment business doesn’t care for those. Mina had been running around and checking with everyone how things were progressing, she wanted to have everything in place so the artists could start first thing on monday, it was an inside shoot, so the weather wouldn’t interfere, but Mina wanted everything done so she could just fly back home and cuddle with Tzuyu already, maybe agree to getting that lupin dog both had been eyeing. Certainly not here in Korea and certainly not working with her.

 

Jihyo was scheduled for monday afternoon, she had a weird conversation with Jeongyeon the previous week, something about Mina? It’s been years, how would that be possible, the last she knew, her ex wasn’t even in the country anymore. Regardless, she should focus on this campaign since it gave her the comeback she had been begging for. It took a foreign company asking her to be a headphone ambassador for her to be able to put out a mini album, a year after her debut. But business is business, and the best part was that she would be getting half the profits directly, and that was another bonus she wasn’t expecting but loved.

 

The manager came to pick Jihyo up just before lunch, rumor had it that there was a buffet on set and it was heavenly, so both agreed they should try it. Besides, it was free food, eat all you want, with drinks, who are they to deny it. Both arrive a few minutes before lunch break, all artists are dismissed and Jihyo takes the time to make some connections, she really needed them and it would help in a few months, once her contract was over and she was free to pursue another agency. Her young and foolish lust had lost her the best person she had in her life, now that it had been years since it died down and she had been seeing everything clearly, Chan was just some temporary fun, sure, she felt like it was the best decision, that she had been left unattended by her ex, that she deserved better.

 

After Jihyo was faced with the real world and learned what living as an adult was really about, she saw what Mina did for her, and how ungrateful she had been just because she was and her ex wasn’t ing her silly every single night. It had been hard adjusting, she was suddenly thrown into a life of working and trying to make it in her music career, and then she had to find something she could afford and her lifestyle couldn’t continue. Despite everything, she had to admit Mina had got them well off enough to live a fairly good life, it wasn’t anything too fancy, but they had a nice life. When the japanese left, Jihyo was officially poor and scappring to make it paycheck to paycheck.

 

“There’s a big shot celebrity directing today.” Jihyo’s manager said as they entered the studio.

 

“What?” She was surprised. “I thought it would be a director, like a ‘normal’ director.”

 

“Apparently, we have a famous one for this. Maybe for more publicity? I don’t know, just got the call about it.”

 

“Oh, so that was what they were calling you about.”

 

“Yeah, and to ask if we needed more time to arrive or something, I told them we had just arrived at the studio and were headed to lunch. They said to call if we would need more time to get into hair and makeup and that was that.”

 

“At least they are accommodating. I don’t remember something like this being offered before.”

 

“Looks like the company treats everyone nicely and tries to be as understanding as possible, it’s why I pushed so hard to get everything signed without Chan, he wanted to get the job for himself, and they were very clear that they wanted you.”

 

“What?” Jihyo certainly did not know that.

 

“Yeah, he was pissed you were the one chosen, said he had been putting out music every week and he should be the one. Their representative was adamant that you were the one they were interested in and it was not an open position. Chan’s secretary made sure to sneak all the papers past him, looks like he just signs whatever past the first page, so she just puts them on the pile.”

 

“I’ll make sure to send her something as thanks later.”

 

“You and I both.”

 

They laughed as they made their way to a table, both holding their generous plates. Everything looked just wonderful, and smelled even better, it was hard for Jihyo to control herself enough to not get her stomach puffed out before her turn to record. As they ate, there was a small comotion, someone was heading to the dining area and people around them were getting excited. It wasn’t long before both found out just why all the euphoria was happening. In came THE Chou Tzuyu, Taiwan’s top model, fashion sensation on the rise, wearing simple clothes, looking prettier than ever and knocking everyone’s breath away.

 

Now, Jihyo wasn’t an insecure woman at all, but seeing Chou Tzuyu in person like this, she doubted herself a little bit there. The Taiwanese was breathtaking, tall, dark and marvelous, her slender limbs made for an aggressive silhouette and her soft features, dimpled smile and calm voice drew you in. Suddenly, all the rage about Chou Tzuyu seemed not enough. Jihyo’s manager said something about this being the big shot director but it sounded a bit muffled as she was just rendered useless at the moment.

 

What happened was that Tzuyu had the week off and was very bored at home, she decided to fly in and watch Mina do her thing, plus, she heard from Dahyun, who heard from Joohyun that Mina’s ex was one of the ambassadors and she was very territorial, despite already having the wedding being planned by their parents, and Mina being completely at her mercy, as their friends would say. But, seeing that the model had expressed interest in directing ads and photoshoots before, Mina suggested to her team to let her fiance try with mr Tanaka helping her out. Nobody saw why not and it would be even better publicity when people got to know Chou Tzuyu directed.

 

The arrangements were made, Tzuyu’s agency agreed easily, and here she was, directing her first campaign and loving every minute of it. She had always thought the ads she participated in could have been done differently, but her ideas usually got dismissed and she was told to just do as asked. It was frustrating, and just how the business worked, many senior models told her it would take a few more years and for her name to grow more before she would be heard, and it was the absolute truth. But Mina, being the sweet little bean she was, came through and gave her just what she wanted. Honestly, how could someone even think about letting Mina go. But she was very happy they did, because now Mina was hers and she wasn’t about to share.

 

“Park Jihyo?” Someone called.

 

“Ye-yes, that’s me.” Jihyo snaps out of her trance.

 

“I’m Tanaka, I’ll be the assistant director for this campaign, ms Chou will be directing.” The man introduces. “You are set for fitting in about twenty minutes, do you have everything you need?”

 

“Oh, yes, I’m fine. I’ll head there soon.”

 

Mr Tanaka chuckles and points to a door a bit behind him. “It’s that door over there. The previous group has already left and the dressing room is free for you.”

 

“Thank you, mr Tanaka.” Jihyo bows and smiles. 

 

Once lunchtime was over, everyone started moving again, Jihyo was already at hair and makeup by then, Tzuyu was very enthusiastic and everyone just found it cute. She was clearly doing her best and was just so nice that nobody really minded helping her out. Mina ended up mucking around, Joohyun was just finding it all too amusing and keeping the group chat updated on the cute couple trying their best to not be obvious about their relationship and failing miserably. As the efficient secretary she was, Joohyun had ensured each and every person inside the studio had signed a rock solid NDA about her boss and the vixen that seduced said boss. But really, Mina and Tzuyu were just too cute and there had been a silent agreement that nobody would point out just how obvious they were.

 

Once Jihyo had arrived at the studio area, Tzuyu was talking to the camera crew in the middle of the set, arms waving around probably indicating what she was imagining and listening to what they were telling her. She looked like a willing beginner, which she was, Jihyo mused. Once the singer approached enough, one of the people pointed her out and the model spun to give her a little bow in greeting. Now, get your bisual under control, Park Jihyo, she’s your director and you will not be making this weird. Yeah, it was a nice thought, if only the singer could really manage it.

 

“Good afternoon, ms Park.” The model greets. “It’s nice meeting you. I’m Chou Tzuyu, and I’ll be directing you in this campaign.”

 

“Marry me.” Jihyo says, stunned.

 

“I’m afraid that won’t be possible. Now, please head to the marked spot and we’ll set the lights. You already know your lines, I trust?”

 

“I-a. Ye-yeah, yes, I know my lines.” Jihyo blushes and scurries to the pink tape on the floor. 

 

She had already memorized her lines, there weren’t many, and she knew her color was pink, each group had specific colors, so the production team could mark their spots without having to remove the markings between them. It was Tzuyu’s idea, and honestly very smart, the other groups also had one or two colors for them, depending on how many members, and if they would have to be split or not. Mina had occupied herself with said markings, she decided she would help out the production team since she was robbed (not at all) from her position and had nothing to do. Joohyun laughed and said good luck, as the secretary still had a lot to do.

 

The whole thing went very well, if Jihyo was being honest. It was the first time she got such clear and hands on direction, and she was pleased with the results. Tzuyu was extremely nice, that damned dimple was distracting, but the product looked pretty and if the developers had managed to deliver the promised performance, Jihyo would be a very happy musician by the end of this campaign. The artists would be receiving complementary kits with the headset, all the promotional products, keychains, pens, hats, these things, and a little something from Myoui Co. According to the gossip among the managers, that was. 

 

Towards the end of the last day of filming, everyone was told to hang around, there would be an ending party in the studio, and the buffet crew was already preparing everything. Luckily or not, Jihyo was the last one, she was a solo artist and her set was rather small, it would be the last one disassembled and the one for the group before her was already halfway gone when she got her first clothes change. Although everything had been going smoothly, Jihyo had this nagging feeling throughout the entire day, like something was about to happen but she couldn’t put her finger on it and decided to leave it be until she could pay attention.

 

At the end of the shoot, as Jihyo was changing and getting her extensions removed, the little set she had been recording at was quickly dismantled and the buffet crew had set everything in place, people were milling about and snacking here and there, mostly just waiting for the speeches and final thanks before actually partying the night away. Soon enough, there was the distinctive noise of a microphone being and a few taps to test it gathered everyone’s attention. Chou Tzuyu is standing beside the assistant director and is that- Yep, that’s Kim-Bae Joohyun alright, at the sight of the woman, that nagging feeling Jihyo had been ignoring grows exponentially. A blonde woman approaches Joohyun but the singer can’t see a face, but that back looks too familiar, different, but still familiar.

 

Mina had already seen Jihyo, she was surprised at how little she had really felt regarding the woman when she did, and had already talked to Tzuyu about it. Joohyun had just asked how she was and was satisfied with the ‘fine’ she got as an answer. The young heir’s entrance had been carefully planned, she wanted Jihyo to actually see her when they wouldn’t be able to interact, and waited for the moment the speeches were about to begin to reveal herself. No, she wasn’t negatively affected by her ex, but most memories weren’t good and she really didn’t want to talk to Jihyo at all, if possible. There was really no need for them to talk again and Mina would avoid it if possible.

 

After mr Tanaka gave his speech, Tzuyu thanked the crew with a deep bow and thanked them for their patience and helpfulness, then Mina stepped up, it was the first time Jihyo had seen her after so many years and the singer was stunned. Mina thanked everyone, also with a deep bow, apologised for the drawbacks and thanked the idols for their understanding and the crew for their invaluable help, then told everyone to party hard for her. At that, everyone broke up into smaller groups, talking and laughing with each other. Jihyo's manager was waiting beside her for his idol to come back, they knew the whole story between her and the Myoui heir. They really did want to know the japanese’s side of things, however. Maybe before the official launch party they would be flying to Japan for.

 

Mina simply vanished after her speech, Jihyo did try to look for her but never spotted her ex. Tzuyu had gone around talking to everyone, personally handing out her own gift bag to the production crew, it had a exclusive picture of her, with a handwritten message thanking them, a fountain pen that she had designed a while back but was never put on the market (Joohyun had managed to have the model done in time for the last day), and her own version of the headset they had been shooting for, Mina had asked her to design and they would launch a few units with exclusive pre-sales for Taiwan, but as she was the one directing the whole thing, Mina had called immediately and asked the factory to produce enough for the crew. It was a very nice kit, but Mina didn’t care about the money and didn’t mind doing it for Tzuyu.

 

In truth, Mina had stayed and done her own rounds, she talked to everyone but a specific duo, she saw Jihyo’s manager eyeing her through the corner of her eye, and was certain the singer hadn’t spotted her yet, else they would be awkwardly staring at each other at the moment. The japanese told her fiance she didn’t want to stay longer, as she had already thanked everyone and Tzuyu just hugged her goodbye, Mina left saying she would be at the back office on a group video-call with Sana, Nayeon and Dahyun while the party went on and for the model to text her when it was time to leave, or after Jihyo left, whichever came first.

 

Joohyun knew she would be approached at some point, but she dared to hope she wouldn’t. Jihyo was sure to want answers, but she only had part of those and she really wasn’t about to be talking about Mina when the singer should just accept that her boss didn’t want anything to do with her and that if she wanted to know things, she would have to go and ask Mina herself. But, of course, the fates are never in her favor, nor regarding Jihyo, at least. The singer approached, looking pissed for some reason, with her manager a few steps behind. Well, I guess we are doing this right now. The secretary squared her shoulders, broadened her stance and took a deep breath.

 

“Joohyun.” The singer’s voice was clipped.

 

“Ms Park.” Joohyun kept herself perfectly professional. There were too many eyes and she wasn’t in the mood.

 

Jihyo chuckles dryly, apparently the attitude hasn’t changed. 

 

“Cut it out, Joohyun, why didn’t any of you say anything that she would be here?”

 

“I’m sorry, ms Park, but I don’t understand how we failed to provide you with any vital information for your job?”

 

“You and Mina were here, why did I just find that out? And where is she?” The singer says through gritted teeth.

 

“Ms Park, I’m afraid you might be misunderstanding something here. Myoui Co provided you with all the information you needed to do your job.” Joohyun says coldly, motioning the manager to come closer and control the idol. “Now, if you excuse me, I still have a few more people to talk to before the celebration is over, have a nice party, ms Park.”

 

With that, Joohyun takes her leave, it was clear thatJihyo was about to make a scene, so her manager just hauls her out of there, they had made enough small talk and would be meeting the other idols and managers in the launch party in a month anyways, they shouldn’t stay and risk a more damaging confrontation. The manager made sure to send some flowers and an apology to ms Bae the following morning. Regardless of whatever Jihyo thought she was owned (in the manager’s opinion, quite the opposite) if it wasn’t for Myoui Co insisting on her, this comeback would have never happened. Sure, they had been trying to find a way for Jihyo’s contract to be terminated so she could find another agency, but this might just have put her back on the map for the manager to try and get a proposal now.

 

As soon as Jihyo was removed from the premises, Tzuyu had followed silently to make sure the van left, and promptly messaged Mina to come out. The japanese said she would wrap up everything and pack quickly, but the door was unlocked if the model wanted to join her. And, honestly, what was Tzuyu gonna say to an invitation like that? No? You obviously haven’t been paying attention to how much she wanted her fiance all the time. When Tzuyu reached the back office, Mina had her back to the door, putting her things on her bag so they could take it all by the end of the evening and not have to come back for it tomorrow before they leave. 

 

“Oh, hey there.” Mina chuckles as she feels arms snake around her waist.

 

“You never told me she was very pretty.”

 

“You are the prettiest for me.” The heir turns to kiss her fiance.

 

“Well, how about you show me how pretty I really am.” Tzuyu moans into Mina’s mouth.

 

Mina pulls the taller woman closer with a grunt, sneaking her legs on Tzuyu’s waist, hands making their way into her shirt and lips never leaving each other, the model was already making her way to ing the bra when the door opens and closes harshly and a tired sigh follows.

 

“Can you both keep it in your pants until you are back at the hotel?” Joohyun says as she falls to the couch.

 

“We are kind of in the middle of something here.” Mina points out.

 

“Yeah, and I just held myself back from punching Jihyo in the face because she was demanding to talk to you and asking why we didn’t tell her you were here. So keep it in your pants and appease me.” Joohyun throws back tiredly.

 

“Fine, I’ll take you out when we get back.” Mina agrees easily, she knew how little patience Joohyun had for her ex.

 

“What about me?” Tzuyu wanted to be included.

 

“You can take me shopping for new shoes.” The eldest solves the problem.

 

“That- Fine.” The tallest agrees, she saw how much it took for the secretary to hold herself back.

 

“You both do realise she will be attending the official launch party in the headquarters, right?” 

 

“We know, but I have something to guarantee that she will back off definitively.”

 

“No, Tzu, we are not getting married secretly so you can yell ‘that’s my wife’ before punching someone.” Mina says tiredly, they had this talk a few times before.

 

“Wait, you really wanted to marry her secretly?” Joohyun was amused.

 

“Yeah, the wedding is still a little far and I really want to be able to claim Mina is my wife before throttling someone.” Tzuyu says as if it’s the most normal thing ever.

 

“I can arrange for a few hours free the day after tomorrow so you two can go to the city hall and register the union. We only have to look at a few studios and see which one we want for the japanese shooting. I can rearrange so we visit one first thing in the morning and then I can drive you both to city hall before we have lunch with the AKB representatives.”

 

“Joohyunnie, please stop enabling her, I know you just want to see if she will actually throttle someone.” Mina pleas fall onto death ears, the other two had already started planning.

 

In truth, their families wouldn’t mind if this quick wedding really happened, the ceremonies were indeed already scheduled, and they were already living together, there was no problem if Tzuyu wanted to tie the knot right away. Sure, they would do it in the middle of a busy day, but they had all of tomorrow to celebrate early, they would be flying in the family’s jet early in the morning, Joohyun would be going with them and the rest of the japan crew would be flying commercial a little before lunch. The rest of the day would be free before they met again to begin the Japan productions. 

 

Indeed, Tzuyu and Joohyun worked everything out, from shifting the schedule to Tzuyu calling both their families to tell them she was marrying Mina the next day because she didn’t like how Jihyo was looking at HER woman and wasn’t taking any risks. They laughed but mr Chou did talk to his daughter about this jealousy and boundaries and how she should work on that before she made a scandal for herself and risked her career. Tzuyu agreed and talked to Mina that afternoon, they had showered and had some lunch, both decided to just stay on the couch and watch a musical to pass the time, it was as good a time as any, so the model decided to speak up.

 

Turns out, Tzuyu was a bit insecure, she knew everything that had happened between Jihyo and Mina, from her fiance herself and from their friends as well. She felt like there might be an old spark that could alight again if they met, and she would be left behind. Mina, the angel she is, was happy to talk everything through and assured Tzuyu she was the love of her life, Jihyo was just someone from the past that evoked bad memories and she didn’t really want back into her life again, they spent the rest of the afternoon conversing and were fine by the time they should get started on dinner. The penguin said she didn’t want to move and the model pretended to be mad for about half a second before pulling out her phone and ordering something for them.

 

The next day went about as they knew it would, fast paced and filled with things to do. The whole going to city hall and registering their marriage was also very fast. They got there, Joohyun scouted the place to see if there were too many people and said it was fine, but Tzuyu kept her hat and face mask on regardless. Mina was also incognito for this, they had dropped by her office and changed into comfortable clothes and sneakers, it would be best if they didn’t draw attention and nobody would bat an eye to some kids in baggy clothes. Joohyun changed as well, despite the protests, but agreed that it would be better.

 

They agreed on Chou-Myoui, mostly because Tzuyu said she wanted it and Mina would never say no to her, Joohyun just sighed and shook her head, she couldn’t handle how much Mina would just do whatever Tzuyu asked for, not that the model was any better, she would guess what Mina wanted before the little boss even said anything. They were a cute couple, really, and after what the last relationship did to Mina, it was very nice that she had found someone who would care for her just as much as she cared for her partner. The whole signing was quick, and they were shortly back at the office to change back into business clothes. 

 

Joohyun took the time to go down to the legal department to deliver the papers so they could start working on updating the couple’s documents and have Tzuyu officially on the Myoui family registry and all that, so that the model could get all the Myoui wife benefits she really didn’t need but had the right to. Dahyun was very happy to get the papers from her wife and shoved it in her drawer and locked it before following Joohyun up to meet and hug the couple. She tried to say she was angry that they didn’t invite her, but the smile gave it away and Mina said they were still having the ceremony, and Tzuyu said she just wanted to be able to yell ‘that’s my wife’ and punch people who try to flirt with Mina.

 

After that, the japanese part of the production was quick, Tzuyu had already gotten the hang of things and actually did great directing. She decided to shoot a few photos for her own headset, directed it herself, and recorded a quick commercial to be aired in Taiwan for the pre-sale announcement. Mina was proud, she heard Tzuyu complain too many times about how most directors didn’t really know how to tell the models what to do and she was always frustrated about how long it took for her to figure out exactly what the directors wanted and do it. It was how most shoots required so many takes and went on for so long.

 

The launch party would happen on a saturday, they wouldn’t have to worry about rush hour and got the permit for the many celebrity cars that would be parking downtown around the headquarters of Myoui Co. Sana and Nayeon would be attending as well, the press already knew of their friendship with the younger Myoui and just took a few photos for the fashion comments and let them move along without many questions. Dahyun and Joohyun sure grabbed some attention, but she was Mina’s secretary and there was really nothing else there to look at, maybe a comment about Dahyun being the elusive wife but that was about it.

 

The night’s sensation were Mina and Tzuyu, however, they came in the same limo as both their parents and Kai, the older Myoui had his little sisters on each arm and would be their date for the red carpet. The Chous were photographed but not questioned too much, everyone knew Tzuyu had directed for the first time and it was expected that they would be present for her debut. The Myouis were stunning, they did answer some questions about the new product and how mrs Myoui had participated in the development. Kai was just the arm candy for the evening, he had given Mina total freedom in this, so he was just accompanying the girls as they were being interviewed.

 

Tzuyu was very happy to answer most questions about her debut as a director, Mina was very supportive and explained about the more technical side of the whole production process. It was all quick interviews, they would be doing a press conference the next day and there were a few interviews with some magazines scheduled so they could talk more about everything. The idols started arriving when the trio had made their way inside, Kai had been having the time of his life so far, he had been to many of these events, but never just as an . It made him feel pretty to be paraded around in his nice suit and new haircut and clean shave, not having to say anything just stand there and look good.

 

The idols started arriving and the press went wild at that, it was obviously all well coordinated so that they were the last to arrive. Joohyun had made sure Jihyo would be the last one to arrive, she really didn’t need her confronting Mina (or any of them, really) about anything before the attendees were drunk enough to not pay attention, and the press was still around. Press was to leave after the speeches so everyone could enjoy the party as they wished. The videos and a few photos would be shown, along with the grand reveal of the models and the announcement of Tzuyu’s exclusive design, which was also very limited. 

 

“Ms Bae.” Jihyo’s manager greeted, he had left his idol at their table and could still see her sitting there.

 

“Hello.” Joohyun greets.

 

“I’d just like to thank you for your time this morning. I know today was very hectic for you all and taking the time to accommodate me was difficult.”

 

“There’s no need. It was a pleasure to talk to you. This is my wife, Dahyun. Hyunnie, this is Jihyo’s manager.”

 

“Oh, hello.” Dahyun gives a little bow. “My wife told me you were interested in the whole mess. I’m glad you took the time to know what we went through from this side.”

 

“Well, I really would have loved hearing ms Myoui’s side, but now I believe it’s best to let it rest.”

 

“Mrs Myoui, actually.” Joohyun offers. “Mina is married already, and I’m sure you’ve figured out with whom by now. Just keep it quiet and we’ll never have problems.”

 

“Oh, I don’t intend on saying anything at all. Honestly, you guys saved us with this contract, Jihyo’s career would die out and you put her back on the map. I was able to negotiate with another label to take us out of that hell whole.”

 

“We’re happy to help.” Mina says from behind them. “Believe it or not, I really have no qualms with her anymore. I just don’t want her near me again.”

 

“Mrs Myoui, thank you. I know.” The manager is a bit startled.

 

“No need to be that defensive, I just came here to tell these two we are about to start.” She motions to the Hyuns. “Enjoy the party, and relax a little, I don’t intend on actually talking to her or anything. If she finds me, she finds me, but the past is already dealt with for me.”

 

With that, Mina makes her way backstage, preparing herself for the formalities. It was a nice ceremony, the reactions were good for the commercial clips and people seemed excited for the Chou Tzuyu signature model, the press received a promotional bag each, with some nice merch, they decided that Tzuyu’s pen would get a cheaper version, redesigned by her as well, and be included in it. A few Taiwanese reporters had attended as well, having been selected by the model herself, and were ecstatic to hear about the surprise model. After all was said and done, press out, security team looked through the crowd and combed the building to check all were out, and the doors were closed. Then everyone was free to do as they wished.

 

“Why don’t you go and hang around the back balcony for a while?” Sana suggests, looking at the other japanese.

 

“Huh?” Mina is confused.

 

“She has been looking at you for the last hour, just get it over with.” Nayeon further explains. “Just go and let her say whatever she has to say, we’ll send Tzu in after a few minutes. I want to enjoy this party without that look burning on my back.”

 

“Fine.” Mina grumbles.

 

The young Myoui downs her champagne, makes a face because she only drinks it to look fancy, and makes her way outside. Tzuyu was talking to one of their investidors, something about him liking the samples he saw tonight and wanting her for future projects. Joohyun knew how to go in and take the model away when needed, but she would let Jihyo follow Mina first. The singer surely did only a few seconds after. This confrontation was a given, and they just wanted it to happen so they could get past it. Mina had only taken a few deep breaths before a voice that used to be familiar called out.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything about going back to Korea? I found out on the last day and could only look at you as you gave your speech.”

 

“I don’t owe you anything, Jihyo.” Mina sighs tiredly.

 

“You just left, Mina. Disappeared from the face of earth, nobody was saying anything and neither Jeongyeon nor Chaeyoung knew anything either.”

 

“You know, Jihyo, you were the one who decided to someone else on our couch, the couch I bought, in the apartment I killed myself to pay for. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were your enablers, they covered for you when you felt it would be better to go and him instead of, I don’t know, being a girlfriend.”

 

“What? Like you were ever a girlfriend.” Jihyo snaps back. “Maybe while we were still studying, but once we graduated from college, you took two jobs, spend seventeen hours out of the house and when you were there, you were either cleaning or sleeping.”

 

“Oh, yeah, I was too busy providing for you and keeping the apartment clean and our clothes washed, so it was okay for you to go and bounce on some because I didn’t have the energy to live outside that.” Mina rakes a hand through her hair.

 

“Well, was I supposed to go celibate and wait for the day you would miracously be willing to fulfill my needs?”

 

“We would be very happy if you never approach Mina outside of work again. Whatever you are doing here is way out of line, ms Park.” Tzuyu says from the doorway. 

 

“Ms Chou, I believe this conversation has nothing to do with you. So, please leave us alone.” Jihyo is petulant and rubs the couple all the wrong ways.

 

“And there is where you are wrong, Tzuyu has everything to do with this conversation, and she has every right to say and do as she wishes.” Mina corrects.

 

“You running behind the pretty model for help now?” The singer raises an eyebrow in mockery.

 

“She’s my wife, you toxic .” Tzuyu declares and lands a backslap on Jihyo’s cheek. Pulling her wie out of there immediately.