Chapter 31

Now that you are here

Hi! First, I want to thank you all for being here till the end of this story! Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, up voting and for such lovely comments J

This story will end just like it started, with Seungcheol and then Jihoon’s POV.

Hope you all enjoy this last chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seungcheol gave one last hug to his grandmother before returning to his car to pick up Jihoon from his parents’ house. He had had dinner with his grandmother and Chan, after the younger returned from hanging out with the friends he made in the few days they had been in Busan.

This would be the first New Year celebration with Jihoon and he was more than excited for it. He had searched in the web and The Busan Sunrise Festival seemed like a good idea to start the New Year next to Jihoon, so he planned to pick up the other and then drive to the beach. The past days they had visited each other’s families and also had a small celebration in the community center, but he wanted to be alone with Jihoon when the clock would mark midnight.

But maybe it was a really bad idea to go to the most well-known activity of the day as the beach was full of people and Jihoon didn’t seem to appreciate being in the beach with the cold weather. Seungcheol could barely see his face as the other was wearing a beanie and a wide scarf, but his eyes kept looking around at the quantity of people around them.

“Mmmm…Jihoon…If you are uncomfortable we could return to your parents’ house…”

Jihoon shook his head saying no, but suddenly started pulling him farther away from the crowd. And when they entered the car Jihoon started typing on his phone without saying a word. Seungcheol looked at the other confused but didn’t ask, and in a couple of minutes more Jihoon pulled down his scarf and smiled at him.

“Let’s go to this place.” Jihoon said showing him an address in his phone screen.

Seungcheol looked at him still confused, but Jihoon just told him to drive and that he will explain when they arrive there. And ‘there’ was located in a tall, but old building and Seungcheol couldn’t help but chuckle when Jihoon grabbed the door key from under one of the flower pots.

“I always loved the beach view from here.” Jihoon said taking off his scarf and coat as soon as they entered the place.

“Jihoon and where exactly is this?” Seungcheol was even more confused as the place seemed to be a multipurpose area packed with instruments, art easels, some sports jackets and one wall covered with mirrors.

“When I was in school our band didn’t have a place to practice, so we rented this space that we had to share with other students simultaneously. It was rather chaotic, but it was better than nothing. And well, Soonyoung is still friends with the owner, so…here we are.”

Seungcheol gave the other a smile imagining teenage Jihoon playing his piano in the room and without knowing his thoughts Jihoon just smiled back.

“So we will watch the sunrise from here?” He asked instead and Jihoon nodded.

“Here is warm and less crowded.” Jihoon said, sitting in one the chairs.

It was definitely not the romantic setting Seungcheol had been planning in his head when he thought about spending New Year with Jihoon, but as long as he was with the other he was happy. And when he was happy he loved to tease the other.

“Oww, I loved out there where I was going to hug you all night so you wouldn’t be cold and would protect you from being pushed by other people.” He said giving the other a back hug.

“You can still hug me all night.” Jihoon said softly and Seungcheol chuckled.

“You bet I will. But first let’s find a more comfortable chair, because this one seems like it’s going to break in any minute.”

Jihoon laughed, that special laugh of his, and Seungcheol just pulled him closer and gave him a kiss in the cheek. It was a couple of hours before midnight so they just grabbed the hot beverages Seungcheol had brought with him and talked.

During the last few months their relationship had just gotten stronger than ever after finishing with all the introductions to their close ones and learning to deal with the each other’s’ daily schedule. But during the last few weeks, after attending the last board meeting of the year in Choi Company, Seungcheol had started thinking about an idea that he was ready to talk about with Jihoon. 

Jeonghan had once told him he was not the typical heir and Seungcheol didn’t want to be one. So he had been thinking that maybe he was never meant to be his father successor in Choi Company; and that with all the experience he had acquire managing events and other activities he could actually open his own company focusing on more small events but giving them a sort of fancy style. He had been planning on acquiring a place to rent for different kind of events. He had gotten to know many artists in different fields that didn’t get the opportunity to show their talents, because an exhibition place was too expensive.

“What are you thinking about?” Jihoon asked suddenly grabbing his hand.

Seungcheol gave him a light kiss before telling the other all about his plans for the next year. It’s not like he wanted to completely drop from Choi Company, but maybe in the future he would be contented with just managing his own small team for his own company instead of the variety of departments Choi Company  had.

“I also know some starting musicians that would love to have a place to sing that is not a cheap bar.” Jihoon said putting his head on his shoulder.

Maybe he was thinking about it all way too superficially, but with Jihoon there letting him know he was supporting him, Seungcheol believed that he could take on this new challenge, even when his father would probably turn crazy.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“Are you falling asleep?” Seungcheol asked and Jihoon just rubbed his eyes and yawned.

He was used to sleep late, staying sometimes until sunrise composing a song, but since the holidays started he had been eating and sleeping more. And with Seungcheol’s warmth beside him and his soothing voice telling him about all the places they could visit when they go to Daegu in spring, Jihoon felt the need to close his eyes and rest.

“You can sleep, I’ll wake you up when it’s the right time.” The other said softly and Jihoon barely heard him, letting sleep take him.

But before he knew it, he felt a light pat on his shoulder and Seungcheol’s lips on his forehead.

“Wake up Jihoonie, it’s about time.” He heard the other said, but he just snuggled closer. He wouldn’t admit it, but people close to him knew he liked to cuddle when he was sleepy.

“Jihoon….you are going to miss the sunrise.” Seungcheol said before tickling him softly and Jihoon let himself laugh without opening his eyes.

But he suddenly stopped when he realized it was new day, a new year.

“Was I sleeping when midnight arrived?” Jihoon asked the other with eyes full of panic.

Seungcheol chuckled and nodded caressing his face gently.

“I tried waking you up, but you just grumbled and snuggled closer.”

“No way!....I’m sorry, I just ate too much during dinner.” Jihoon said feeling guilty, but Seungcheol’s smile never faltered.

“It’s okay…” Seungcheol said moving him to face the window. “Happy New Year Jihoon.” He said softly before kissing Jihoon’s forehead.

The sun was rising beautifully in the horizon and for a moment Jihoon felt as if time had stopped. He had spent a decade wanting to see this sunrise again and Seungcheol knew it and had given it to him.

“I love you.” He said softly with a small smile in his face as the rays of the sun entered the room.

He heard Seungcheol’s giggle beside him before the other kissed him.

The kiss was barely a kiss, just like the first one they shared in the Busan Festival the first time they met.

“I love you too.” Seungcheol said with his face barely away from Jihoon’s.

He never thought he would be the first one to say it, but with Seungcheol it seemed easier. It was still a bit embarrassing to say out loud, but it was what he really felt for the other.

“Happy New Year.” Jihoon finally said kissing the other again, loving how the sun made Seungcheol’s face glow.

He didn’t notice how long they had stayed there kissing, but the sun was already up in the sky and from the window they could see the people retiring from the beach festival.

“We should go to the beach later or tomorrow before returning to Seoul.” Seungcheol said noticing how Jihoon had stayed looking outside.

Jihoon nodded and after staying bit longer in the place they decided to go eat some breakfast at Jihoon’s parents place, hoping the others’ wouldn’t mind. And when they arrived Jihoon’s parents were still sleeping probably having stayed late with their friends in the community center.

Seungcheol entered the kitchen, but seemed a bit disoriented of where the different ingredients were, so different from his attitude in Jihoon’s apartment. He had been staying in there more than often and there were days when Jihoon barely kept himself from asking the other to stay.

Seungcheol started humming one of Jihoon’s songs and Jihoon followed him singing softly. From the things the company had planned for him in the upcoming months he knew he would be really busy, and with the plan Seungcheol had in mind, the other’s schedule would probably be packed, so Jihoon just wanted to enjoy the simplicity of this moment. And maybe also tell the other an idea that had been appearing in his mind lately.

“Do you want to move in with me?” He asked standing next to Seungcheol and the other almost dropped the pan he was holding turning to look at him with wide eyes.

“I really like the Jihoon this New Year has brought.” Seungcheol said smirking after a moment of silence.

“Does that mean-.”

“That I will love you even more this year.” Seungcheol said putting the pan down and hugging Jihoon. “That you are as beautiful and even more than the day I saw you at the beach festival back then and that we should probably start hitting the gym if we want to keep eating after midnight.”

Jihoon started laughing thinking of how lucky he was to have met Seungcheol after all those years. That even when their realities had crashed chaotically and the road ahead were still bumpy, he wanted to believe that now that Seungcheol was here things were finally in the right track. Like the waves that were meant to reach the shore, like their teenage dream that was meant to come true, this was their reality and they would love to keep it that way.