Chapter 3

Now that you are here

Seungcheol’s opinion on Jeonghan had changed through the years. When they first met back in high school, the other looked like a mischievous teenager that used his father’s power to get his way out punishment after pulling pranks on other students and teachers. But as he spent more time with the other, Seungcheol realized that Jeonghan did that to keep up with the pressure of being the heir of his father’s company.

At that time Seungcheol wasn’t fully aware of what implied being surrounded by rich kids or why was his father so interested in him befriending Jeonghan, but he treated the other like he would do with his friends back in his hometown Daegu.

And that seemed to do the trick and Jeonghan started expressing his emotions more and more instead of pulling dangerous pranks, even when sometimes he did prank Seungcheol. Jeonghan’s mother took a liking of him after that and without realizing, Seungcheol end up being Jeonghan’s date for the following hotel parties.

His father seemed really happy about it, but Seungcheol felt used when he found out his father was working in an advertising campaign for the Yoon’s new hotel. Jeonghan didn’t seem shocked; he even admitted suggesting his father’s advertising company as an option. He said that he did the same with his other friends because they would end up being business partners at some point.

That moment was decisive for Seungcheol as he started looking at everyone on a different light. How the friendships he saw on his school were not the same as the ones he had in Daegu and that the only person who was honest with him and didn’t let the others bully him for being naive was Jeonghan.

Their friendship grew with the years and sometimes Seungcheol wished he was naive enough to not notice Jeonghan’s favoritism for certain people depending on their family background. Or how he would keep a façade in front of others and didn’t let his emotions show, calculating everything like in a business meeting.

Because the Jeonghan he always wanted to see was the one that only appeared when they were alone. He was still mischievous and still loved to pull pranks on Seungcheol. His laugh was precious considering how much stress the other had and the way Jeonghan had accepted Chan made Seungcheol hold the other even closer to his heart.

But things changed unexpectedly when they got drunk in one of their university parties and woke up together. Jeonghan was always direct when he talked; he said he didn’t have time for misunderstandings. So, Jeonghan made it clear that it was a drunken mistake and that they should move on and not let it affect their friendship.

Seungcheol had accepted, as he did most of the time when Jeonghan said something, but after that he couldn’t help but admire Jeonghan more often or some of the blurred memories of that night appeared in his mind.

The other was the closest friend Seungcheol had so he didn’t want to risk it by confessing those thoughts, but the day after their university graduation Jeonghan appeared at his house and kissed the life out of him. And they had been together since then.

**************************************************************************************************************

Jihoon remembered the first time he saw Soonyoung in Japan. The other had traveled there because of a competition along with his dance crew, and he jumped to hug Jihoon as soon as he saw him. That was the first time he saw Mingyu being jealous. They had been living together for almost two years after graduation, but still haven’t defined their relationship with a word. Mingyu was polite to Soonyoung, but Jihoon could see the annoyance in his expression and how his eyes followed Soonyoung’s hands as soon as they touched Jihoon.

It was quite funny for him, because apart from Mingyu he didn’t like other people touching him. But even if he had told him that for years back in Busan, Soonyoung didn’t care and hugged him every time he could. So in order to change Mingyu’s kicked puppy face, he cleared his throat and introduced him as his boyfriend. He listened to the other two cheer and he was suddenly sandwiched between the two males that tried to hug him.

And things started changing after that. Mingyu started holding his hand and kissing him in public, and it felt nice. His favorite thing was when Mingyu would give him a piggy back ride on their way to their apartment. He would cook and clean for him, so Jihoon was more than happy to reward him inside the bedroom.