Perfect Murders

Nephalem

On the next morning, when Kai was browsing on his computer, and D.O was reading his book, they were called out by Jae Young.

 

“D.O, Kai. Over here.” The chief ordered.

 

Both Kai and D.O stood up and entered the chief’s room.

 

“What’s up chief?” Kai asked.

 

“New case?” D.O asked.

 

“This case have caught the attention of the higher ups, and we’re under a lot of pressure to wrap it up as soon as possible.” Jae Young said while giving a blue folder to D.O.

 

“What case was it?” Kai asked curiously while he peeked over D.O’s shoulder.

 

“Murder.” Jae Young responded. “Lately, there were several dead bodies has been found, either in abandoned area or in unpopulated area. The last victim is a 25 years old female. She was found dead under Misa Bridge with a stab straight to her heart.”

 

“What about the other victims?” Kai asked.

 

“The other victims also females in their 20s. All of them died due to a single stab, straight to their heart.” Jae Young briefed them. “Try to find the common thing about them.”

 

“Any suspect?” D.O asked.

 

“One prime suspect, Kang Dae Sung.” Jae Young stated. “The forensic team found splattered bloods in the crime scene and on the murder weapon. After we run a DNA test, the blood belongs to him.”

 

“Then, he’s the killer.” Kai said.

 

“The problem is… his blood was only found in the last crime scene. In the previouse crime scenes, there was no trace of blood, not even a single drop.” Jae Young stated his doubt. “If he’s being careful enough, not to spill any blood in the previous crime scenes, why did he spill his blood in the last crime scene? It doesn’t make any sense.”

 

“Does he have an alibi?” D.O asked.

 

“He said he was sleeping at his home, but there was no one to back up his alibi.”

 

“Got it. I’m on it.” D.O stepped out from the Violent Crimes Department, followed by Kai.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Where do we start?” Kai asked when he finally catching up with D.O.

 

D.O didn’t answered though, he just keep on walking deeper into the station and heads to the officer who’s in charge in guarding the cell.

 

“I would like to talk to Kang Dae Sung. Please send him to the interrogation room.” D.O requested.

 

“Yes sir.” The officer said to D.O.

 

Afterwards, D.O heads to the interrogation room, along with Kai who’s still following him around like a lost puppy with a confused look on his face.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

While waiting for Kang Dae Sung, D.O read several details of their new case.

 

Victim : Oh Ji Hye

Cause of Death : Single stab to the heart.

Time of Death : 11 pm.

The victim was last seen by her colleagues when she was going home. According to her colleagues, the victim had to pass a tunnel everytime she went to work or going home. Usually, she walks home with her roommate, however, since she had to work overtime, she went home a bit late. In the morning, the victim was found dead by a group of students on their way to school, and they report it to the nearby police station.

 

Victim : Jung In Ah

Cause of Death : Single stab to the heart

Time of Death : 1 am

The victim was last seen by her colleagues in an office gathering. Afterwards, the victim and her colleagues separates on their own way to go home. The victim’s body was found under the Hansang Bridge by a passer by in the morning, while he’s jogging, and he report it to the nearby police station.

 

Victim : Kang Doo Ri

Cause of Death : Single stab to the heart

Time of Death : 5 am

The victim was last seen in a club where she worked. She was going home after her working hours, and found dead by her roommate who went out to look for her, because she was worried that something might happen to her, since the victim didn’t come home that night. At 8am, her roommate found her dead body near the park. There was splattered of blood in a certain area of the crime scene, not far from where the corpse laid.)

 

(Looks like they have nothing in common except for the fact that all of them were stabbed in their heart. Usually when murderers kill their target, there would be many stabs due to anger, revenge or any other reasons. But what is this? A single stab in the heart? It looks like the murderer knows exactly where to stab to cause a sudden death. Moreover, the suspect’s blood was found in a certain area of the crime scene. How? If his blood was spilled because the victim struggle with him, then at least he would have some wound on his body. But if the victim dies instantly, how could his blood was spilled in the crime scene?)

 

As D.O making his analysis, there was a knock at the door, and the door open to show a young man. He walked into the room and sit at the only available chair in the room.

 

“Morning, Kang Dae Sung.” D.O greeted him. “I’m D.O and this is Kai, we’re the one who’s in charge of your case.”

 

“M-m-morning.” Kang Dae Sung greets them.

 

“Could you tell us what happened?” D.O asked.

 

“I-I-I already told the officer everything, b-but they didn’t believe me.” Dae Sung stuttered.

 

“What were you doing during the incidents?” D.O asked.

 

“I was at home, sleeping. I’m used to sleep early since I have to work in the morning.” Dae Sung said.

 

“And you’re living by yourself?” D.O asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“That means your alibi couldn’t be proven then.” D.O stated the obvious fact which make Kai rolled his eyes.

 

“Do you know the victims?” Kai asked.

 

“No. I never seen them before. All of a sudden, the police came into my house and said that I was arrested for murdering them.” Dae Sung lowered his head and fidgeting with his fingers. “I’m telling the truth, officer. I’m not a murderer. I’m innocent.”

 

“Look, all of the evidences pointed that you did it. So, why did you keep on saying that you’re innocent?” D.O asked. “If you’re innocent, then how come your blood was found in the crime scene? Are you saying that your blood came flying by itself to the crime scene?” D.O smirked coldly.

 

“I don’t know how my blood ended up being there, but I’m innocent, officer. You’ve got to believe me.” Dae Sung said with a pleaded voice.

 

“I want to believe you, but all of the evidences clearly showed that you did it.” D.O said coldly. “So, just admit it already.” D.O slammed his palms to the table and stood up.

 

“Hey, D.O. Calm down, okay.” Kai tried to cool down the heated aura in the room. “Can I talk to you for a second?” Kai asked D.O.

 

“Later.” D.O briefly said.

 

“NOW, please!” Kai insists and dragged D.O outside the room.

 

After they were outside the investigation room, Kai said, “Hey, chill out man. Remember what the chief said earlier. He said that this case is not as obvious as it seems. You shouldn’t be too hard on him.”

 

“I know he’s not the killer.” D.O. shrugged.

 

“Says the man who was just being an in there.” Kai rolled his eyes.

 

“I do it on purpose to see his reactions. And now I know that he’s telling the truth.” D.O smirked coldly at Kai. “Besides, he didn’t have any wounds on him.”

 

“What’s that got to do with the case?” Kai asked curiously.

 

“The splattered blood in the crime scene, remember?” D.O asked.

 

Kai nodded in his response.

 

“From the picture of the crime scenes, the amount of the blood must have come from open wounds, yet he didn’t have a single scratch on his body.”

 

“And just because of that, you believe that he’s innocent?” Kai raised one of his brows.

 

“You’re the one who said that I shouldn’t jump into conclusion and accused him for murder. Now, you’re questioning your own reasons?” D.O shake his head in disbelief.

 

“Well, I did say that. But I said that because you looked like you’re going to swallow him alive earlier.” Kai rolled his eyes.

 

“Sigh. You’re ridiculous.” D.O huffed a deep sigh and approaching the officer who had brought Kang Dae Sung to the interrogation room.

 

“You may take him back to the cell. I’m done with him.” D.O ordered.

 

“Yes, sir.” The police officer slightly bowed to D.O before he entered the interrogation room and take Dae Sung back to his cell.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Let’s check on the victim’s profile. There’s got to be a connection between them.” D.O ordered.

 

“Ok. I’ll check on it.” Kai went back to his desk and started to check on the victim’s profile.

 

Meanwhile, D.O continued with his analysis.

 

(He’s not the killer. But, why his blood was found in the crime scene? If the evidence is a physical thing, the real killer could easily planted it in the crime scene. But blood? How did anyone planted his blood in the crime scene? It’s not like his blood could be stolen. Unless… No way… it can’t be… but it’s possible though.)

 

“Kai, check on the victim’s medical records. We might find something.” D.O ordered while he’s running towards the cell.

 

When D.O arrives at the cell, he said, “I want to speak with Dae Sung now.” D.O demanded.

 

“Do you want me to take him to the investigation room again, sir?” The officer asked D.O.

 

“No. I just want to confirm something with him. Leave us, now.” D.O ordered.

 

When D.O and Dae Sung were all alone, D.O approached him and asked a question in a low voice.

 

“How did you know?” Dae Sung asked in surprise. “Yes. Few weeks ago, on Friday 13th.”

 

“Where?” D.O asked.

 

“Myungdung University Hospital.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When D.O went back to his desk again, Kai called out for him. “D.O., I’ve found it. All of them have one thing in common. Apparently, all of them were treated at the same hospital. It’s—”

 

“—Myungdung University Hospital.” Both D.O and Kai said the statement in unison.

 

“You already knew about it?” Kai asked while furrowing his brows together.

 

“Lucky guess.” D.O shrugged. “Let’s go. You drive.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Inside D.O’s car…

 

“Hey, it’s your car. Why do I have to drive your car, in every single time, when we're on a case?” Kai grumbling.

 

“Since I can’t refuse of having a partner, I might as well taking full advantages of it. Got a problem with it?” D.O smirked coldly.

 

“No sir.” Kai said and secretly sticking out his tongue at D.O when he thought D.O didn’t look at his direction.

 

“I saw that.” D.O said calmly while his eyes still fixated on the road. “You should stop acting like a spoiled brat and start to act like your age.”

 

“Says the person who’s shorter than me…” Kai retorted back and start to drive the car to the hospital.

 

“I maybe shorter, but I’m older than you.” D.O said nonchalantly.

 

“Yeah, right. There's no ing way that you’re older than me.”

 

“Actually, yes ing way. I’m a year older than you.” D.O raised one of his brows at Kai.

 

“No way. Are you serious? You’ve got to be kidding me. You’re so short, but you’re older than me???” Kai responded while staring at D.O, who sits on the passenger’s seat in disbelief.

 

“Hey! Eyes on the road!” D.O glare at Kai. “We’re about to visit a hospital to find information, not to become a patient or ended up in a morgue, okay?” D.O rolled his eyes.

 

“….” Kai mumbling silently and drive the car without uttering any more words.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungdung University Hospital…

 

“Excuse me. We’re the police officers. I’m Officer Kim and this is Officer D.O.” Kai introduced himself and D.O to the hospital front desk, and showing their badge at the same time. “Who should we talked to, if we want to know about patient’s information?”

 

“You should go to the nurse station and talked to the Head Nurse.” The receptionist responded.

 

“Ok. Thank you, sweety.” Kai winked at the receptionist and made her blushed, before he went to the nurse’s station.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At The Nurse Station…

 

“Excuse me. We’re the police officers. I’m Officer Kim and this is Officer D.O.” Kai introduced himself and D.O to the hospital front desk while showing his badge. “Who is the Head Nurse?”

 

“I am the Head Nurse.” A middle-aged women said to Kai. “How can I help you, officer?”

 

“Ah. We’re here to know about some patients’ information. Did you have patients with the name of Oh Ji Hye, Jung In Ah and Kang Doo Ri, several years ago?”

 

“One moment, please.” The head nurse browse on the computer to check on the patient’s list for a while. “Yes, they were treated here, almost at the same time, few years ago.”

 

“Really? Why were they treated for?” Kai asked.

 

“It’s colon cancer. And they’re also share the same room.” The head nurse stated.

 

“All three of them stayed in the same room?” Kai asked to reconfirm.

 

“Yes. Actually there is one other girl. All four of them share the same room, with the same illness.” The head nurse explained.

 

“Four? May I know the fourth patient’s name, please?”

 

“It’s Joanne.” The Head Nurse said.

 

“Thank you.” Kai thanked the head nurse.

 

“May I asked another question?” This time, D.O asked the head nurse.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Did you have a patient with the name of Kang Dae Sung?” D.O asked.

 

“Kang Dae Sung? One moment, please.” Once again, the head nurse browse through the computer for a while, before saying, “Yes. He is one of our patients. He was listed here a few weeks ago.”

 

“Who’s in charge of him?”

 

“Dr. Jang Gwang.”

 

“And who’s in charge of those four female patients?” D.O asked again.

 

“All of them were treated by Dr. Jang Gwang.”

 

“Thanks.” D.O thanked the head nurse and leave the nurse’s station, along with Kai.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When they stepped outside the Myungdung University Hospital, D.O fished out his cellphone and make a phone call. It didn’t take long before his call was answered.

 

“Violent Crimes Department. How may we help you?” A male voice could be heard at the end of the other line.

 

“Se Jong, it’s D.O. I need a favor. Please find any information about a woman named Joanne. She was treated for a colon cancer a few years ago in Myungdung University Hospital. Let me know if you find anything.”

 

“I’m on it.” Se Jung said.

 

D.O hangs up the phone and walked to the parking lot.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So, where do we go from here?” The minute they entered D.O’s car, Kai asked.

 

“We wait.” D.O said briefly.

 

“For what?” Kai asked.

 

“Information. There’s something fishy about this case.” D.O pondered and frowned.

 

(The common thing about all of those victims, all of them had a colon cancer, even the killer has it too. Is having a colon cancer made one become a murderer’s target? That’s nonsense! But other than having the same illness, they also happened to be in the same room. Except the suspect. Same illness… same room… could it be…?)

 

As D.O was lost in his thoughts, Kai observed him from his side. There’s something familiar about D.O. As if Kai had met him before. Black hair… sparkling big eyes… beautiful lips… where did he saw it before? No matter how hard he thought of it, Kai couldn’t seem to remember when or where did he saw it before.

 

While Kai was observing D.O, all of a sudden, D.O’s cellphone rings and startled Kai, who immediately turned his gaze away from D.O.

 

D.O picked up the call. “D.O.”

 

“D.O. I’ve found out where she lived. She lived in Amarylis Apartment 20B, Tower A.” Se Jong report his foundings.

 

“She’s alive?” D.O asked in surprise.

 

“Of course, she’s alive. That’s why you asked me to find her information, right? Did you expect her to be dead or something?”

 

“Nah. I’m just having a wild guess. Thanks, Se Jong.” D.O said before he hangs up his phone.

 

“Amarylis Apartment?” Kai asked while he’s buckling up.

 

“Yes. Step on it.” D.O simply said.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At the door of 20B, D.O pushed the bell button and waited for a while, before he could hear a female voice answering.

 

“Yes? Who is it?”

 

“We’re from the police.” D.O stated while showing his badge.

 

Soon after, the door was opened and a young female appeared. “Yes, officer?”

 

“May we ask a few questions?” D.O asked.

 

“Sure. Come in.” Joanne step aside to let them enter her apartment. “Can I get you anything?”

 

“No, thanks. We won’t take too much of your time.” D.O said while he and Kai sit on the couch in the living room.

 

“I assume that you’re Joanne?” D.O started his questions.

 

“Yes. I’m Joanne.”

 

“You were once a patient at Myungdung University Hospital, correct?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Did something happened in the hospital during your stay?”

 

“Well, let’s see.” Joanne tried to dig on her memories. “There was an incident.”

 

“What incident?” D.O asked.

 

“The doctor who’s in charge in treating us, tried to molest Jung In Ah during her physical examination.”

 

“Are you sure about this?”

 

“Yes. Back then, In Ah screamed and make a scene, saying that the doctor was trying to molest her, and she would sue him. She even asked all of us to be her witness. But strangely, the incident never went into trial. Maybe it was settled outside the court.”

 

“Her doctor? Do you mean Dr. Jang Gwang?” D.O asked to reconfirm.

 

“Hm… yes that’s him.”

 

(Everything starts to fit in the frame.) D.O smirked as he began to complete the puzzle.

 

“Err… may I know why you’re asking about this incident?” Joanned asked carefully.

 

“All of your roommate had been killed.”

 

“What??? No way!!! When?”

 

“From few weeks ago till yesterday.”

 

“Really?” Joanne seems so shocked to hear the news. “I was going abroad to study and I’ve just came back. I thought I could text them so we could hang out together. But, looks like I won’t be able to do it anymore.” Joanne said in grief.

 

“Were you close with them?” Kai asked.

 

“Not really. After we checked out from the hospital, none of us ever get in touch. I just happen to think about them, when you asked those questions to me.” Joanned said and directed her gaze to D.O.

 

(Hey, I’m the one who ask you the question, why do you turn your gaze to D.O?) Kai mumbling quietly while pouting.

 

“Ok. Thanks for your cooperation. If you’ll excuse us, we’ll be leaving now.” D.O stood up.

 

“Ah, why don’t you stay for a cup of coffee?” Joanned offered while pointing at her kitchen. “I could make a tasty coffee for you.”

 

(She’s obviously flirting with D.O!!! That’s it!!!) Kai hastily stood up and said, “No need. We’re in a hurry. Let’s go, D.O.” Kai grabbed D.O’s wrist and start to drag him to the door.

 

“I really don’t mind. It’s no trouble at all.” Joanne said again.

 

“Thank you so much. But we really… really… have to go now.” Kai force a smile to Joanne and keep on dragging D.O to the door.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Could you please let go of my hand now? I could walk by myself, thank you very much.” D.O yanked his hand off Kai’s grip, when they were inside the elevator.

 

“Ah… sorry about that.” Kai rubbed his hand on the back of his neck.

 

(You like him, do you?) An invisible voice whispering in Kai’s ear.

 

“Did not.” Kai said quietly to the voice.

 

(Yes, you did. You’re definitely like him. Grumpy Kai’s in love with him. Hahahaha!)

 

“Shut up!” Kai hissed.

 

“What? I didn’t say anything.” D.O glare at Kai.

 

“Err… nothing.” Kai smiled awkwardly at D.O.

 

(Kai love D.O… Kai love D.O… Kai love D.O…. Kai love D.O) The voice keeps on repeating those words in Kai’s ears.

 

“Shut up!” Kai hissed again.

 

“Are you talking to me?” D.O asked Kai again.

 

“Err…no… I was just talking to myself.” Kai shake his head.

 

D.O raised one of his brows at Kai’s statement in disbelief. “You’re being weird.”

 

(Ouch. Now you sound like a weirdo to him. Hahaha!)

 

“Whose fault was that?” Kai hissed.

 

“Huff. Are you going to keeps on talking to yourself?” D.O sighed. “If you want to practice your ventriloquist’s skill, do it in your spare time, okay? Don’t do it when we’re on a case. You’re such an idiot.” D.O rolled his eyes.

 

(Now, he thinks that you’re a weirdo and an idiot. Hahahaha!) The voice said to Kai.

 

Kai decided to ignore the voice, simply because he doesn’t want to make himself looked more miserable than it had been. Kai heads to the parking lot with D.O and drive back to Myungdung University Hospital.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back at Myungdung University Hospital…

 

This time, Kai and D.O. heads straight to the security station of the hospital.

 

“Excuse me. We’re the police officers.” D.O stated while showing his badge to the security guards. “Could you please showed us the video footage of the hospital, starting from Friday 13th till now?”

 

“Yes, sir. Go ahead.” The security guard stepped aside from his desk and allowed D.O to sit on his chair.

 

It would be too much time to waste if D.O going to look over the video footages of lots of area in the hospital, but he’s just looking for a particular video in a certain area of the hospital. After clicking and looking over several videos, D.O finally smirked, as he had found what he’s looking for. D.O turned around and asked, “Could you please give me a copy of this video and save it in a usb, please?” D.O asked one of the security guards in there.

 

“Yes, sir.” One of the security guard take over when D.O stepped aside from the chair and save the video into a USB. “Here you are, sir.”

 

“Thanks.” D.O said to the security guard.

 

From the security station, D.O heads towards the hospital and asked a few questions to the receptionist, before he heads back into the elevator, along with Kai.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On 9th floor, the elevator stops and shows a tremendous space office. Both D.O and Kai heads straight to a door at the furthest end of the corridor.

 

“Excuse me, sir. May I help you?” The secretary greeted them.

 

“Yes. I would like to speak to Dr. Jang Gwang, please.” D.O stated.

 

“Do you have an appointment?”

 

“No. But it’s urgent.”

 

“I’m sorry, sir. But you can’t go in without an appointment.”

 

D.O didn’t say anything in response, instead he keeps on walking towards the door.

 

“Excuse me, sir… sir… You can’t go in…” The secretary tries to stop D.O and Kai from entering the door.

 

“Out of my way.” D.O said coldly. He pushed the secretary aside and opened the door.

 

“But sir…” The secretary retorted weakly.

 

“Good afternoon, Dr. Jang Gwang. We would like to have a few words with you.” D.O said.

 

“It’s okay, Lee An. You may go back to your desk.” Dr. Jang Gwang said to his sectretary and turned his gaze back to D.O and Kai. 

 

“Who are you? Why do you want to see me?” Dr. Jang Gwang stated calmly.

 

“I’m D.O and he’s Kai. We’re here to ask you some questions.” D.O said while allowing himself to sit on the couch, and Kai quietly sit beside him.

 

“Well, if it’s within my knowledge, it would be my pleasure to answer it.” Dr. Jang Gwang smiled.

 

“Oh, you’re definitely know the answer. After all, it’s about you.” D.O return the smile with his cold smile.

 

“Then, go ahead.”

 

“A doctor have to save lives, isn’t it? Then why did a doctor like you could eliminate lives as if it was nothing and then blame it on an innocent being as your scapegoat?”

 

“I don’t understand what you were saying.” Dr. Jang Gwang said while he still maintaining his smile on his face.

 

“Let me get this straight.” D.O tried to rephrase his words. “How could you kill three innocent women and blamed it on an innocent man?”

 

“You’re talking nonsense. I’m calling the security.” Dr. Jang Gwang picked up his desk phone and called the security.

 

After a while, the security guards came barging into the office.

 

“Get them out of here.” Dr. Jang Gwang ordered.

 

Some of the security guards hesitate in doing anything, because they know that D.O and Kai are police officers. While some others step forward but halt in their steps when they see that D.O glaring at them fiercely.

 

“What are you guys waiting for?” Dr. Jang Gwang yelled at the security guards. “Do you want to lose your jobs? Get them out of here!”

 

“But…but sir…” One of the guards hesitate in doing anything.

 

“That’s it. You’re all fired!” Dr. Jang Gwang growled at them.

 

“I don’t think you could fire them, Doctor.” D.O said calmly.

 

“What the are you talking about? Don’t you know who I am? I’m a professor in this hospital!” Dr. Jang Gwang practically yelled at D.O.

 

“Well, you see… you won’t be a professor for too long.” D.O smirked.

 

“You… you… get out of here. Or I’m calling the police!” Dr. Jang Gwang threatened.

 

“That won’t be necessary.” D.O stood up and approach Dr. Jang Gwang’s desk. “Because the police are already here.” D.O smiles at Dr. Jang Gwang.

 

“Dr. Jang Gwang. You’re under arrest for murdering Oh Jin Hye, Jung In Ah and Kang Doo Ri. You have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning. If you can not afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you, if you so desire.” D.O stated Dr. Jang Gwang’s rights.

 

“That’s non sense. I’m innocent. The killer is Kang Dae Sung.”

 

“Huh? How did you know that the killer is Kang Dae Sung?” D.O smirked. “The police haven’t released that information to the public yet.”

 

“I… I… I’m innocent.” Dr. Jang Gwang retorted weakly.

 

“You see, Dr. Jang Gwang. You thought your crime was perfect. However, you’re missing some details.” D.O walked around the room while stating his analysis.

 

"First, the stab was too perfect to be done by a mere civilian, but it could be easily done by any experienced doctors."

 

"Second, the blood was found in the last crime scene, but not in the previous crime scene, because at that time, you haven’t got the blood in your hand. The time Kang Dae Sung had his physical check up is around the time of the last murder. And as his doctor, you could easily obtained his blood samples."

 

"Third, you were seen entering the blood sample’s room at midnight. Now, why did you had to do it in the middle of the night, by yourself, instead of asking for the nurse to get it?"

 

"Fourth, I have the exact video footage right here.” D.O showed the USB which contains the video footage of security camera to Dr. Jang Gwang.

 

D.O continues with his analysis.

 

"Fifth, I’m sure there’s an incident of missing samples, if I talked to the nurse who’s in charge of the sample room."

 

"Sixth, I’ve got a witness who’s saying that you’ve molested one of the victims during their physical examination. Now, do you have anything else to say? Am I missing something here?” D.O swirled around to face Dr. Jang Gwang who had slumped himself in his chair.

 

“I… I… I’m innocent. It’s her fault. She keeps on blackmailing me. She keep asking for more and more money. She threteaned me that she would speak to the directors and have me fired from the hospital. I can’t lose my job. I’ve spent half of my life working for this position. It’s her fault. It’s all her fault.” Dr. Jang Gwang keeps on repeating those words as if he was in a trance.

 

Dr. Jang Gwang didn’t resist when Kai handcuffed him, take him to the car and all of them heads to the headquarter.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Urrggghhh…” Kai stretched both of his arms to the air and turned to D.O who’s sitting beside him. “Another case solved. Hey, what do you say if we celebrate it with some soju?” Kai wriggling his brows at D.O.

 

“Pass. I don’t like to drink.” D.O said nonchalantly.

 

“But yesteday, you said ‘yes’ when Baek Hyun asked you to drink with him.” Kai started to pout.

 

“I’ve only said that to shut him up. Besides, he’ll be too busy with his works to have a drink with me.” D.O smirked to Kai.

 

“Oh… is that so?” Suddenly a voice could be heard from the door. “Well, lucky for you. I happen to have free time right now.” Baek Hyun popped up his head from the door. “So, we’re having a drink tonight and you could come with us too, Kai.” Baek Hyun turned to Kai.

 

D.O rolled his eyes when he heard Baek Hyun’s voice and groaned behind his throat when Baek Hyun said that Kai could join them.

 

“Could we do it some other time?” D.O said.

 

“No can’t do. You’ve promised me that we’ll have a drink tonight. I even finished all of my jobs today and make time for this.” Baek Hyun shake his head. “You can get away this time. And you’re paying for it!”

 

“Yesterday, you’ve said that you’re the one who’s paying for it.” D.O retorted.

 

“Actually I would pay for it, before I heard what you’ve said earlier.” Baek Hyun glaring at D.O. “I never thought that you would think of such dirty tricks on me. How could you? We’re best friends!!!” Baek Hyun started to wail dramatically.

 

“Urgh, fine. Fine. I’ll pay for it!” Finally D.O said his agreement to stop Baek Hyun’s dramatical moments any further. “But does he had to come with us too?” D.O said while pointing at Kai.

 

“Of course, the more the merrier. Besides, he’s your partner, right?” Baek Hyun said and tapping on Kai’s shoulder.

 

Kai grinned widely as his response to Baek Hyun.

 

“Whatever. The usual place, right? I’m going then.” D.O stood up, wave his hand nonchalantly at them and headed outside.

 

“Hey, wait up!” Baek Hyun yelled and catch up with D.O.

 

As for Kai, he smiled widely to himself, as if he couldn’t believe his luck.

 

(Whoaa… Grumpy Kai looks so happy… and Grumpy Kai still said that he didn’t like him?) The invisible voice whispers into Kai’s ears.

 

“Shut up!” Kai hissed.

 

(Hahahahahaha…)

 

“Hey, Kai. Are you coming or not?” Baek Hyun went back to the door when he realize that Kai didn’t followed them.

 

“I’m coming.” Kai grabs all of his things and heads to the door to catch up with Baek Hyun and D.O who had went ahead earlier.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------