Violent Crimes Department

Nephalem

Note : Violent Crimes Department handles cases such as homicide, assault and arson.

 

Today is Kai’s first day in the Violent Crimes Department of Seoul Police Headquarters, after he pass the exams. He was nervous yet excited at the same time. With a box filled with his belongings, Kai heaved a deep sigh and said to himself. “Finally… I’ve made it.”

 

With confidence steps, yet still feeling a bit nervous, Kai walks into the room of Violent Crimes Department, and reported with a loud voice.

 

“Kim Jongin, reporting for the Violent Crimes Department.”

 

All eyes in the Violent Crimes Department turned towards Kai.

 

“So… you’re the new man for our department?” A man voice could be heard from one corner of the room.

 

“Yes, sir. Kim Jongin reporting for duty.”

 

“I’m Jung Jae Young. I’m the chief of Violent Crimes Department.” The man introduced himself. “That’s Yoo Seung Mok, Yang Se Jong, Oh Ji Ho, Yoo Min Kyu.”

 

“I’m Kim Jongin, you could call me Kai. I’m looking forward for your guidance.” Kai greeted and slightly bow to everyone in the Violent Crimes Department.

 

“Oh, there’s one more... D.O.” Jae Young added.

 

(D.O?)

 

“Hey, where’s D.O?” Jae Young ask Se Jong.

 

“I don’t know, Chief.” Se Jong aswered and shrugged.

 

“That brat!” Jae Young mumbling, and dialed a certain numbers on his phone.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile in a warm and cozy café, a young man sitting leisurely inside a café, reading a psychology book while sipping his capuccino, when his phone starts to vibrate. He click on the bluetooth in one of his ear and picked up the phone.

 

“D.O.”

 

“Where are you, brat. You’re supposed to be at the office right now.” Jae Young practically yelled at the phone.

 

“Why? I’ve finished my case already and my report is on your desk. Do you have any new case for me?”

 

“That’s not why I’m calling you, prick.”

 

“Okay, so what’s up?”

 

“Report to the station, now.” Jae Young ordered.

 

“After I finished my morning coffee. If I feel like going to the station.” D.O said calmly.

 

“You…” Jae Young trailed off and heaved a deep sigh. “Just report to the office, okay. I’ve got something to talk to you.”

 

“Don’t tell me that you’re going to pair me up with another partner.” D.O said.

 

“….”

 

D.O sighed. “Uncle Jae, you know who I am. I’m not exactly the type of socializing and taking care of others.”

 

“I know, D.O. I know. But, just give it a try, will you? At least, you won’t be alone during any dangerous situation.”

 

“No. I’ve told you. I don’t want any partner.” After saying those words, D.O hangs up the phone.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Damn it.” Jae Young cursed in frustration.

 

“What’s the matter, chief?” Kai asked.

 

“Nothing.” Jae Young heaved a deep breath before continues. “Listen, Kai. Everyone here already got their own partner. So, the only one left is D.O. He might be hard to deal with, but please do your best to be his partner. He might not realize it nor admit it, but I know, he needs a companion. I hate to see him exiling himself in his own world.” Jae Young took another deep breath.

 

“I’ll do my best, chief.”

 

“For now, go to this address. This is where D.O usually spend his time at this hour, other than the office and his home.” Jae Young write an address in a post-it and give it to Kai.

 

“No matter how hard it would be, you have to stick with him as his partner and earned his trust. He needs someone he can trust.” Jae Young added. “You can go now.”

 

“Yes, chief.” Kai grabbed his coat and headed to the parking lot where he parked his bike.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------