Schoolyard Angel

Kpop Eli's Oneshot Requests

Schoolyard Angel

A Yuta/WinWin fic for Chloe Bouchard

 

Yuta regretted going to school every single day. Being the only foreigner in an all Korean school wasn’t exactly a recipe for success, after all. He was an outcast at best, but on the worst days, which were more often then not, he was a literal punching bag and a figurative sponge for verbal abuse. The thought of spending one more day of torture was almost too much to handle but his parents didn’t care and he was forced off to school anyway.

 

So that’s how he found himself on his lunch break surrounded by several boys, getting pushed around between them, whimpering in pain whenever they took a swing at him and he was unable to dodge. They shouted racist slurs at him and homophobic insults, wounding him with fists and words. Desperately he looked for an opening to escape but found none.

 

“What the hell are you doing?!” A heavily accented voice questioned as one of the bigger guys punched him hard enough to split his lip and knock him to the ground. The next thing he knew, the group was in a whirlwind of flying fists until they all scrambled away and the only thing that remained was a boy about his age, a little scraped up and clothes disheveled, but otherwise no worse for the fight he had just been in.

 

“O-oh…” Stunned, all Yuta could do was stare up at his savior. He was so handsome, glittering eyes and a mischievous grin, as he held out his hand to help Yuta up. Yuta took it gratefully and allowed him to pull him back to his feet.

 

“Are you okay?” The stranger questioned, looking him over slowly. “Your lip is bleeding.” A shirt sleeve was held to his face before he could reply and all he could muster was a blush in return.

 

“Anyway.” The boy spoke again as he continued to examine to examine Yuta for wounds. “My name’s SiCheng. I just moved here from China.”

 

“I’m Yuta.” He finally managed to reply as SiCheng took his hand from his lip to check the status of the bleeding. “I came here from Japan a few years back.”

 

“Have they been messing with you the whole time?” Concern written all over his face, SiCheng wiped away the remnants of blood from Yuta’s chin.

 

“Unfortunately. It’s been pretty consistent.” Shrugging, Yuta looked down, feeling like he wasn’t exactly good enough to make eye contact with the other teen, his self esteem having been beaten down by his peers for some time.

 

“Well nobody’s going to mess with you while I’m around. Okay, beautiful?” SiCheng gently lifted Yuta’s chin with his fingertips and smiled at him, causing his heart to flutter.

 

“O-okay.” Nodding, Yuta barely managed to get the words out, feeling shy at their closeness.

 

“Have you eaten yet?” SiCheng grinned, stepping away from him slightly, allowing him to breathe a little easier.

 

“I don’t usually get the chance to.” Sighing, Yuta pouted a little as his stomach, as if on cue, grumbled hungrily.

“I packed a lunch. I’ll share it with you.” Chuckling, SiCheng took his hand and led him outside. This was going to be the start of a beautiful friendship that, he hoped, would bloom into something more.g took his hand and led him outside. This was going to be the start of a beautiful friendship that, he hoped, would bloom into something more.