Chapter 5

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As if they would reject a free ride on THE KIM CHAEWON’S CAR! They were currently in the car with Wonyoung in the passenger seat and the two girls at the back seat. Yujin was currently gaping at how luxurious the car looked. As expected of the daughter of a wealthy businessman of course.

   Minjoo, on the other hand, was openly staring at the redhead. She was fixated on the way she drives so coolly and how she would fix her cap during the drive. Minjoo had always admired the girl’s chic and charismatic side but this time, being able to witness it first hand was another blessing to her.

   Her actions were caught when Chaewon glanced at the back mirror, showing how Minjoo was obviously staring at her. Their eyes met and Chaewon smirked before returning her gaze to the road. On the other hand, Minjoo was dying from embarrassment at the back and turned her head away.

   The whole scene was watched by Yujin and as if she wasn’t hurt enough from the two’s close interactions in the theatre, she had to see it once again how her crush, Minjoo was head over heels for the driver.

   Chaewon couldn’t park the car in the arcade’s parking lot because it was full so she sent the girls at the entrance first before finding a parking spot. Minjoo didn’t want to leave the girl alone so she decided to stay behind to accompany her. Chaewon didn’t refuse her accompaniment while the two juniors got off first and ran towards the inside of the arcade.

   “So... Did you have fun staring at me, Minjoo-ssi?” Teasingly, Chaewon let out another smirk as she directed the words towards the girl who was sitting beside her now.

   As she didn’t expected the question, Minjoo coughed instead to avoid the question.

   “Geez. You like staring at me that much?” Silence. Minjoo wasn’t agreeing or denying the statement.

   “I mean, you stared at me the whole time during the first day we became seatmates too,”

   Cue choking noise.

   “YOU SAW THAT?” Minjoo really wanted to die there. Just let her die.

   Chaewon hummed with a smile on her face as she finally parked the car. Turning off the engine, she said, “I don’t mind though so no need to be so denial about it,” Before Minjoo could reply, the redhead had already exited the car, followed by the latter.

   They walked together to the arcade in silence. Minjoo was really hoping the red head would initiate some type of skinship again but it seems her luck had already been used the whole day. Maybe a whole lifetime worth of luck actually. Unfortunately, they arrived in front of the entrance without any close proximity.

  The two wandered around, looking for their two friends, until they heard shouts and cheers from a distance.

  “CHAEYEON YOU CAN DO IT!”

   “CHAEYEON UNNIE, BEAT THIS ANNOYING PUPPY!”

   “YAH JANG WONYOUNG! I THOUGHT WE WERE A TEAM, YOU TRAITOR!”

   Hearing those names, Minjoo and Chaewon quickly scurried over to see the situation.

   As expected, it was Wonyoung and Yujin. But what they didn’t expect was Sakura and Chaeyeon there as well. Yujin and Chaeyeon were competing on the DDR with Chaeyeon taking the lead by a number of points. A crowd had gathered to watch their intense competition as they cheered for the girls.

   Chaewon couldn’t believe her eyes. Her VP was here cheering loudly and making a scene. But it was Sakura. She should have expected worst. Minjoo went closer to watch but the game was coming to an end.

   “HAH! I WON!” Chaeyeon exclaimed excitedly as she jumped off the platform and hugged Sakura to celebrate their victory.

   “Yujin, you ,” Wonyoung simply stated when Yujin got off with a pout.

   “Shut up Jang. It’s been a while since I danced,” she pouted as she gave an excuse, earning a scoff from the latter.

   “YOU LOSE ES! I TOLD YOU MY CHAEYEON WAS GONNA WIN. NOW CUFF UP THE CASH YOU LITTLE MUTTS,” Sakura implied as she proudly extended her hand. The two younger girls were about to take their wallets out when a voice greeted them.

   “Sakura,” The stern voice was enough to send chills through her body. Sakura gulped as she turned her head, meeting the person’s voice. She was met with a fuming Chaewon and smiling Minjoo behind her.

   “What did I tell you about saying bad words in front of Wonyoung?” Her low voice got the group shivering in fear. Sakura and Chaeyeon knew the girl long enough to know that she was super angry. Sakura had her head down as she feared what was about to happen next while the others were just frozen in place.

   Chaewon was really about to give Sakura a good scolding until she felt a hand gripping onto hers, “I really want to play now,” Minjoo’s soft voice reached Chaewon as the redhead turned to the girl who was trying to pull her away.

   The redhead sighed as she softened her gaze, “Fine.”

   She turned to Sakura again, “I’ll let this go this time, Sakura. It better not happen again,”

   Minjoo pulled the girl towards the driving games as they left the four who were still dumbfounded.

   “Is it just me that doesn’t know what just happened?” Sakura, the victim, stated.

   “Nope. I don’t know too unnie,” Wonyoung said.

   “Did Chaewon just turn soft for Minjoo?” Chaeyeon uttered in shock, trying to process everything.

   “It seems so,” Yujin quietly mumbled, but loud enough for the others to hear.

    “Well now we can actually depend on Minjoo to calm the scary princess,” Chaeyeon said as they walked off to another section.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter