Chapter 10

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now, Yena was just confused. Her furrowed eyebrows clearly showed how much she didn’t understand the current situation. Yuri laughed at her expression, as she tighten her hold on the girl’s waist without breaking their eye contact.

   “I always liked you too, Yena,”

    She added, “It’s just that I didn’t expect the confession and I was too happy to react,”

   Yena blinked her eyes rapidly, processing everything in her mind. Her eyes widened when she realized the girl felt the same for her. She abruptly released her hold on the girl to cover as she gasped at the realisation.

   “Wait!! You l-l-like me too?? What. Since when?” Covering with both hands, she started to spur words. Yuri could only shake her head at the duck’s panic.

   “Since freshman days?” Yena let out another loud gasp. Who knew the talented vocalist of the school had a thing for her for that long.

   Yuri remembered how she was instantly captivated by the girl’s charms and charisma during her freshman years.

   3 years ago, Yuri was there sitting on the bench, watching the school’s basketball team practice. She didn’t know why she was there. If it wasn’t for Chaewon’s persuading, she wouldn’t even step foot into the gym. She has never liked sports nor will she ever. That’s why she refused to join anything sports related. But being friends with the school’s star athlete made it necessary for her to come to the gym anyway despite her own protests.

   She wasn’t alone on the benches. There were quite a lot of girls there, cheering for their athletes especially her best friend, Kim Chaewon. She huffed, folding her arms, to show her protest but it was ignored by Chaewon who typically laughed at her. Yuri didn’t know why she was even needed to accompany Chaewon during her practice when she has countless of fangirls all over her. She at least hoped Sakura or Nako could come along so that she would’t be bored to death but Sakura was at a gaming competition while Nako was interviewing students for the school monthly news, leaving only herself.

   Her eyes lazily watched the players as they practiced. She couldn’t help but got bored the whole time, her eyes wondering around the area, looking for anything else that could interest her. Her trance was disrupted when she heard shouts.

   “YURI! WATCH OUT!” The next thing she knew, the moment she heard Chaewon’s shouting, she immediately turned around to see the ball flying towards her. Having bad reflexes, Yuri only stayed still as she watched the flying ball heading speedily towards her. With her eyes closed, she embraced herself for the impact.  

   But, it never came. Instead, when she opened her eyes, the ball was in the hold of one of the players, Choi Yena. The blonde haired girl had caught the ball before it could hit Yuri thanks to her quick reflexes as an athlete. Her eyes were laced with concern as she eyed the terrified and frozen hamster.

   “Are you okay?” Yena asked. The other players were slowly gathering around her. A worried Chaewon pushed through the players, gripping hold onto Yuri’s shoulders as she checked the girl’s condition.

   “Thanks, Yena!” Yuri heard Chaewon gratefully thanking her teammate, earning a nod from the latter. Yena turned to her and gave a small smile before heading back into court with the other girls after knowing Yuri wasn’t hurt.

   Yuri was still in a daze although Chaewon had called her name a couple of times now. She watched the girl’s back as she stepped into the court. Her attention fully focused on the duck looking girl. She noticed how her heart was beating in an unusual way. A feeling she’s never experienced before. Chaewon had already returned to the court after Yuri shrugged her off.

   Chaewon told her she can leave now but Yuri chose to stay. Why? She didn’t know. She just wanted to watch the girl who saved her from being knocked out. Her thoughts wandered to the small smile she gave earlier, making her smile as well as she put all her focus onto the blonde instead of her own best friend.

   Needless to say, Yuri started coming to Chaewon’s practices more frequently even without Chaewon’s persistence. She volunteered to come to support the girl but it was just an excuse. She wanted to watch Yena in action again. She was willing to spend hours of her time every week just to watch the girl play. And she didn’t know why. Yena was after all, her classmate but since Yuri sat at the front and Yena at the back, it was quite impossible for her to stare at her shamelessly. At least during practice, she could have the excuse of watching Chaewon even though she was busy gaping at Yena instead.

   It didn’t help when she found out Yena was also in the dance club. Once again, using her other friend, Hitomi as an excuse, she deliberately visited the club’s practice every now and then just to watch them practice. It wasn’t blatantly obvious since a lot of students also would come to watch the dance club, Chaeyeon specifically. Similar to basketball, Yuri noticed how the girl was always passionate on doing what she loves despite her usual crackhead behaviour, as stated by Hitomi. She couldn’t believe how the girl would be so cool and charismatic when the music was but turn into a fluffy duck when the music turned off. It was like a whole different person!

   It was evident Yuri was not only interested in the girl. But she had fallen for the so called duck.

  However, despite being classmates or watching her practices, she never had the courage to approach her. It was usually Yena who would approach her first if she needs something especially during their freshmen and junior years since she was the class president. It was dep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter