Chapter 23

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura and Yuri exchanged looks, their face were both turning pale at the change of events.

    ‘WHAT THE ACTUAL F--??? I THOUGHT THESE KIND OF PLOT TWISTS HAPPENS IN DRAMAS,’ Sakura screamed internally, realising she messed up big time.

    Chaewon and Wonyoung were both confused on why their friends suddenly stopped saying the names.

    “Is there something wrong?” Chaewon asked.

    Gulping down the lump in , Sakura blinked rapidly, trying to process everything while Yuri remained frozen.

    Sakura cleared , “Umm nothing,”

    She took the other piece of paper remaining in the cup, hoping it wasn’t who she thought it was but luck was never on her side.

    Sakura sighed, defeatedly announcing, “Chaewon, Minjoo…. Wonyoung and Yujin,”

    Minjoo stood frozen, rooted in place after hearing the announcement made by Sakura. She saw how Sakura sent her a sad glance. She took it back. She doesn’t have any luck. As if she could be happy with Chaewon now that Wonyoung was staying in the same room too.

     She cupped her face in agony, trying to think positively. What kind of twisted fate is she experiencing? Well, at least, Yujin was with her. 

    Unbeknownst to her, the puppy was also having an internal conflict. She thought how it was unrealistic and illogical that the four people who were clearly having a complicated relationship with each other just had to get paired together. She saw the pale look on Sakura and Yuri's face and could roughly guess they did something they thought was clever but actually backfired on them.

    ‘I just finished cheering Minjoo up a while ago too and she has to witness it again. These unnies are really clowning themselves huh,” Ahn Yujin thought, poking her cheek with her tongue in annoyance.

    Chaewon just tilted her head, she wasn’t sure if she should be happy or not. It wasn’t like she didn’t like her roommates. But she rather roomed with Minjoo or Wonyoung. Not both of them at the same time. She was helpless with both of them and held her head, trying to think on how to please Wonyoung and Minjoo without hurting the other.

    Wonyoung, jolted in happiness when she heard she was rooming with her favourite unnie but covered when Yujin’s name came out as well. The two people that she had feelings for were in the same room as her. She didn’t know how to feel. For sure, she was happy that she was with Chaewon and her best friend slash crush, Yujin but at the same time, she kinda wished she only roomed with one of them to avoid her conflicting heart. And here she thought, she could sort out her feelings better but this just turned out 100x more complicated.

    The others, well, their reactions were superb as always. Nako, always being the most dramatic one, fell on her knees right onto the white tiled floor, devastated that her plan was a total failure thanks to her best friend’s incompetence. Hyewon’s reaction was more normal, just a little coughing, surprised by the turn of events. Chaeyeon and Yena spewed the snacks they were eating when they heard the announcement. Their reactions earned weird looks from the other remaining students but the group barely cared. They had other things to worry about.

     None of them expected something like this could happen. It was probably the easiest thing to do and yet..... By now, Sakura and Yuri looked like zombies as they lifelessly announced the rest of the names. Even Yuri thought the plan would work despite protesting against it. Who knew it actually backfired and made everything ten times worse.

     Right now, Sakura felt sweat running through her back as she felt everyone glaring daggers at her. She knew she messed up. Like badly this time.

    The rooming arrangements ended with a still frozen Yuri and deeply terrified Sakura.

    Yuri, somehow became roommates with Hitomi and Go Eun, a junior she was close with from her music club. Another junior with them was one of Hyewon’s friends, Minami which she had been introduced before. She didn’t mind rooming with anyone but she was still too in shock with her best friend’s roommates. There were 120 students including her yet the four were in one room. Logically, it would be impossible but a certain cherry blossom had to mess around with the arrangements and in the end, clowned herself instead.

    Yena, luckily was stuck with one of her favourite friends, Juri and two other juniors. Knowing her happy-go-lucky nature, it wouldn’t be hard for her to get comfortable with the other two students.

     Chaeyeon was roomed with Sakura like she had arranged secretly. It was supposed to be Wonyoung and Yujin with them but it was the other two names from earlier instead.

    “Wonyoung? Are you done yet?” Chaewon gently asked the girl. Looking through her notebook one more time, she replied with a smile, before getting up, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

    “I’ll type and print those out,” Chaewon reached for the notebook but Wonyoung placed it behind her back.

    “No. I’ll do it. It’s my job after all,” Wonyoung refused the help, worried that her unnie would overwork herself again. She sincerely wanted her to relax during the whole trip instead of worrying over simple matters.

    Chaewon just huffed, defeatingly nodded. “Fine. Let’s head to our room then?” she reached out her hand which Wonyoung gladly took.

    Chaewon held her bag in her other hand, slightly turning her head, “Minjoo, Yujin, are you two coming?”

    Yujin and Minjoo both knew there was nothing they could do to change the arrangements and just sighed heavily, which didn’t escape the group of girls. The two picked up their luggage before following their other two roommates to the elevator.

    The moment the four figures disappeared, Nako lashed out at Sakura, “THE HECK DID YOU DO? HOW COULD YOU MESS UP WITH SUCH A SIMPLE THING?!!”

    “You had one job, Kkura-chan,” Hyewon remarked as well, shaking her head in disappointment.

    “I’m too speechless to say anything,” Yena joined to scold the VP.

    Yuri looked like she was about to pounce at the girl but restrained herself when Yena held her back.

    Sakura leaned against the armchair, both hands holding onto her head, clearly disappointed at her failure as well. Chaeyeon patted the girl’s shoulder in comfort but commented as well, “This is basically the worst scenario you could create, Saku-chan,”

    Sakura cried out, “I swear it was an accident!” That was how Sakura had to listen to the group lecturing her for her mistake.

=========================================================================

“WAAAAAA,” Wonyoung yelled out, excited when Chaewon unlocked the door to their room.

    It was a double queen sized bed hotel room for every room. That was the sole reason they had been splitted into four people for every room. The middle sized room exuded a layer of elegance and classiness with black and white walls surrounding them. The black silk curtains were also made by the finest materials.

    There was a white sofa made by leather at the corner of the room, right in front of the 64-inch high quality television and a coffee table. A bouquet of red roses were placed onto the table to fill in the empty space.

    The bathroom was also equipped with a hot tub where they could have a relaxing bath after such an exhausting day. If that wasn’t enough, the students were allowed to enjoy the other facilities prepared by the hotel administrators as recalled by Sakura.

    “Sakura unnie really chose well,” Wonyoung praised while looking at the view outside the window. It was the perfect view of the beach. Wonyoung’s eyes sparkled as she admired the beautiful view she have of the beach.

    “Woo there’s snacks too,” The first thing Yujin said was of course, food. She entered the room, taking off her shoes and throwing her luggage at the side before going around to look for the fridge. Excited at how packed the compartment was, she took out a bar of chocolate for herself before plopping down on the nearest bed lazily. They were given time to rest before gathering to have lunch so might as well used it fully.

    Chaewon also agreed with Yujin and sat down on the other bed, the tiredness was still lingering within her. She should use the time to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter