Chapter 17

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, the ten girls had agreed to spend their time at a local karaoke bar. This time, Yena drove her car and picked her girlfriend along with Minjoo and Hyewon who lived closest to her while the others rode with Chaeyeon. Chaewon informed them that she had already reserved a room beforehand since the place usually gets full easily.

   “Wahhhh!! The heck? This room is super big,” Yena exclaimed in amazement when she entered the room.

   “Food!” Hyewon shouted, seeing the amount of snacks prepared on the table in the room. The others were also similarly fascinated at how huge the room was. It could possibly fit around 20 people judging by the size. There were also various type of light snacks and beverages on the table - chicken, ddeokbokki - kimbap.

   “Chaewon unnie really prepared this much, huh,” Yujin praised before sitting down beside Hyewon who was already gobbling down the food without waiting for everyone to be seated.

  Chaewon wasn’t there at the moment since she told them earlier that morning that she was going to be a little late. Something had come up and she was needed. But she promised to come anyway and told them to have fun first.

   Minjoo was a bit disappointed but understood after Chaeyeon told her that the girl was sometimes busy at her father’s company. She really wanted to see Chaewon and spend time with her as much as she could to replace the time lost during the whole three weeks.

   Getting in the mood, Sakura and Nako started off with a duet. They blasted a pop song popular from the Japan. Even Minjoo knew about it.

   It was a total mess. The two were jumping around, on top of the sofa while Hyewon just ignored them and continued eating. Chaeyeon was trying to calm the duo down but it seemed like they were too full of energy.

   “Are these two high or something?” Yuri asked, taking a sip from her soda while watching the two sing like a pair of crazy teenagers. It didn’t help when Yena and Yujin started joining them instead. The two actually hyper kids were making things much worse. The two Koreans were basically trying to sing in Japanese but failed miserably and kept yelling unknown lyrics. But none of them cared as they had fun.

   Wonyoung just clapped along, laughing at how funny the girls were being. The song ended but that didn’t keep them from having more fun. This time, Yena chose another party song, gaining louder shouts from the girls. Minjoo facepalmed when she saw Chaeyeon, getting up quickly to join them, pulling Wonyoung along with her.

    And that was how Minjoo and Hyewon was left on the sofa after Yuri gave up when Yena pulled her to join their crazy antics as well. Yuri kept refusing before but now she actually turned into a hyper little puppy, switching between belting the high notes and just screaming into the microphone like crazy.

   Minjoo regretted not bringing any ear plugs for the sake of her ears. It didn’t help how there were five microphones available instead of the usual two and now they were using them fully. Chaeyeon and Yena was even dancing by now.

    “Are you not gonna join them?” Minjoo shrieked when she heard a sudden voice from behind her, catching the attention of the other girls.

    “CHAEWON!” They stopped the song for a moment before tackling the older girl in a bear hug. The red-head fell backwards with the girls piling on top of her while Minjoo just watched.

   “Wha- Get off me,” Chaewon laughed while trying to push everyone off her. The girls complied and slowly each and one of them stood up. Chaewon dusted her attire with her hands.

   “When did you get here?” Minjoo was the first one to ask. Her eyes admiring the beautiful girl in front of her. She could guess that the girl just came back from work just by looking at her outfit.

   Chaewon was wearing a buttoned up purple dress shirt with a black pencil skirt, an attire fit for work. She hummed, “Around 5 minutes ago?”

   “You guys didn’t even hear me coming in,” Chaewon sulked, slumping into the sofa.

   Sakura grinned, replying back, “It’s not our fault. You didn’t make a sound,”

   “NOW LET’S HIT IT! YENA THE MUSIC PLEASE!” Nako shouted, eager to start the fun again. Yena turned the music back and it turned into another mess again. Chaewon just shook her head at the sight, knowing fully how active her friends are.

   She glanced at Minjoo who had lowered her head, smiling before taking a seat right next to her, “I take it that you miss me?”

   Minjoo snapped her head back, as she nervously stuttered, “Wh-what a-a-are you t-talking about?”

   “Aww you don’t?” Chaewon frowned, her eyes filled with disappointment.

   Minjoo, noticing the frown, quickly blurted out, “I do missed you!”

   The frown instantly turned into a smile the moment she heard the words. Chaewon didn’t know why but she felt happy when she heard those words coming from Minjoo. She had to admit, she missed teasing the girl. It had been over three weeks since she last talked properly with Minjoo after all.

   Chaewon smirked slightly as she teasingly poked the girl’s nose with her finger, “That’s cute,”

   “I miss you too,” Chaewon simply stated before turning her eyes towards Wonyoung’s direction.

   She didn’t notice Minjoo’s reaction after she uttered those words. The girl was frozen in place, thinking it was a dream, she pinched her cheek to wake herself up but it actually hurt so it wasn’t a dream. Her heart was beating rapidly.

   But it slowed down when she saw Chaewon’s line of sight. Her loving gaze was still directed towards the younger girl, Wonyoung. Minjoo felt her heart was clenching like crazy. She should accept that she was merely a friend to Chaewon while Wonyoung was everything to her.

   Wonyoung suddenly turned her head towards Chaewon. The two making eye contact. Wonyoung gave out her widest smile and Chaewon returned it with a smile as well. The tall girl gestured Chaewon to come over to her.

   Nodding, Chaewon turned back to Minjoo and said, “Excuse me for a second,” She stood up and walked over to the other girl. The others were too busy to notice anything.

   Chaewon approached the younger girl with a puzzled face, curious on why the girl had asked her to cross over to the side of the room. Wonyoung smiled, asking sweetly although the room was loud, “Can I go home with you later?”

   Furrowing her eyebrows, Chaewon was more confused. After all, the girl’s house was basically right beside Chaeyeon’s so it didn’t make sense for her to ask her for a ride.

   “Why aren’t you going with Chaeyeon?”

   Although the room was quite dark with the dim lighting, Chaewon could make out the faint blush appearing on the younger girl’s cheek. “I wanted to spend time with you though,”

   “EH?” Chaewon accidentally exclaimed a little too loudly, causing the others to take notice.

   “Sorry. Go back to singing,” The other girls shrugged it off before continuing the song. Only Minjoo was watching them from the other side of the room, seeing how Wonyoung was looking embarrassed and Chaewon’s shocked face made her assume that the taller girl actually felt the same way Chaewon was.

   “I mean, we did spend a lot of time at the office but I wanted it to be… a bit more personal? Not the working type of date,” the tall girl blurted out while fiddling with her fingers, trying to avoid the older girl’s gaze.

    “Wha- Umm okay? If that’s what you want,” Chaewon just agreed but she was, by now, too confused by everything.

      She was 100% sure that the younger one had feelings for Ahn Yujin yet here she is asking for a date with her. She didn’t want to think it was a date but Wonyoung basically admitted she want to go on a date with her. Now she wasn’t sure of anything right now.

   “Great! I’ll tell Chaeyeon unnie about it,” The little bunny chimed happily.

   Chaewon gave a small smile before returning to her previous seat with a dazed expression. Minjoo wanted to say something but Chaewon quickly took her phone out, typing a text to another person.

Feather 

Chaeyeon

I THOUGHT YOU WERE SURE WONYOUNG LIKED YUJIN

    Chaeyeon felt her pockets vibrate, signalling an incoming text. She placed the microphone down and took out her phone, reading it before eyeing Chaewon who was now looking at her as well. Glancing at her phone and Wonyoung, she sat down and replied.

What do you mean?

She told me before

HOW COME SHE KEEPS FLIRTING WITH ME

IDK WHAT TO DO NOW MAN

WHA

DETAILS

She wanted me to send her home because she wanted to spend more time with me

She said she wanted a more personal type of date and not work related

UM EXCUSE ME HOW IS THAT A FRIENDLY REQUEST

THE HECK

IM GONNA HYPERVENTILATE

OH 

OH GOD

I’ll ask her later

Don’t die yet

   They spent the last couple of hours screaming at the microphone as if letting out their pent up frustrations afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter