Chapter 11

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Yuri,” Minjoo called out to the girl who was watching her girlfriend from the outside of the toy store. Time passed and it was already the weekend for them. As promised, the group of girls were out enjoying their time together. They were at the mall right now and their first destination was the toy shop they were currently standing in front of as suggested by the kids. And by the kids, it means Yena, Wonyoung and Yujin. Except for Yuri and Minjoo, the rest were still in the shop.

   Minjoo took the chance to ask something that has been bothering her for the last few days, “Does Chaewon have a boyfriend from outside?”

   “.... “ Yuri furrowed her eyebrows at the question.

  “As far as I know, Chaewon likes girls,”

   “Fine. Does she have a girlfriend?”

   Yuri thought about it for a moment. Her legs leading to the nearest bench, sitting on it, followed by Minjoo. “I don’t think so,”

   “I mean, if she does have a girlfriend, she wouldn’t be gaping over Wonyoung, would she?” At this time, Yuri knew Minjoo had knowledge of Chaewon’s love for Wonyoung. After all, the red head was never discreet in displaying her affection for the younger girl.

   Agreeing to her friend’s statement, Minjoo could only sighed as her mind kept wandering off to the beautiful red head she’s been friends with for over a month. The girl that was much different than she thought when she barely knew the girl. The person who the students claimed to be super friendly and sweet was only a persona she displayed in front of the school. But in front of her friends, half of the time. she turned out to be the cool and cold ice princess who remained unbothered most of the time. She was kind, Minjoo admitted. The princess had never been mean to her except for the constant teasing she gets. And how the red head had gradually been treating her better than the other girls which earned complaints especially Sakura who was always the target of Chaewon’s teasing. However Minjoo liked it. She wanted to feel like she was important to Chaewon.

   That was why she was technically disappointed when Chaewon couldn’t come. Or when her attention always goes to her phone instead, typing away while everybody else was chatting.

   Minjoo’s trance was interrupted. Hearing the ruckus from inside the store, she knew the idiot trio particularly Yena, Yujin and the newly added member Sakura had caused trouble. Her gaze switched to Yuri who was facepalming at the sight before stomping into the store to take care of the trouble.

   Minjoo was about to follow in to see what the ruckus was about until her eyes somehow caught sight of a group of people lingering outside a store a few blocks away from her. She saw a face too familiar to her. A face she had been thinking of every single day and night. Even just a few seconds ago she had been thinking about the girl. But Minjoo was unsure if it was her. She was too unsure because she never saw the girl in anything else other than hoodies, sweaters, sweatshirts and jeans.

   Curious, Minjoo crept closer quietly towards the group of girls. She didn’t want them to notice her presence so as soon as she got close enough, she hid behind the wall that was separating them. Minjoo took another peek this time and was 100% sure it was her school’s student council president, Chaewon.

   Minjoo’s eyes were about to pop off when she saw how the girl was actually dressed. The red head was wearing a fashionable pink blouse with a white skirt, topped off with white flats. It may look simple to everyone else but for Minjoo who was looking at a closer range, she knew all of the clothing pieces the girl was wearing were designer clothes and could actually cost a fortune. She knew because her mom was a fan of the clothing line but never bought them because it was highly expensive for her although she was a well paid doctor. Minjoo was sure Chaewon’s clothes right now were more expensive than her own wardrobe.

   As Minjoo took a more daring and longer peek, she noticed how Chaewon’s other friends were also wearing super expensive brand named clothes. Minjoo could tell the articles they were wearing were as expensive as Chaewon’s although she didn’t know what kind of clothing line it came from. Other than noticing their outfits, Minjoo realized there were only three of them including Chaewon.

   She thought again while hiding herself behind the wall again, 'Were this Chaewon’s plan?' She still felt kinda disappointed at how Chaewon blew them off but somehow she felt glad that Chaewon wasn’t actually seeing someone.

   Minjoo thought it was time to head back to the toy shop, in case the girls were looking for her. She also didn’t want to bother Chaewon and her friends any longer by spying on them. However, she couldn’t stop the urge to admire the girl’s beauty. She thought she should look at her one more time since she was only paying attention to her clothes the first two peeks.

   So, Minjoo took another peek. Her gaze stuck on the figure who was outside the store, seemingly waiting for her friends who were busy scanning the items inside as she stared at her phone. A smile creeping up onto her pink lips. Minjoo failed to realize how beautiful the girl turned out to be a while ago.

   She noticed how Chaewon’s hair was slightly curled at the ends, giving off an elegant vibe, different to her normal look. How there were traces of makeup on her small face, enlightening her already beautiful facial features. How the girl basically radiates elegance and pure feminine charms that was worthy of the title princess. The girl had such as different vibe to her which made Minjoo fell in awe.

   It wasn’t like she never thought the girl was beautiful. Heck, to Minjoo, Chaewon had always been beautiful. But Minjoo had never seen this side of the girl. For the past month, during hang outs, Chaewon had always been the time to wear comfortable outfits like hoodies and sweatshirts instead of blouses and dresses. She had always seen her wear trousers and jeans instead of shorts and skirts. She had always thought Chaewon looked cool no matter what but the appearance the president had this time totally threw Minjoo’s heart into a frenzy. She looked too ethereal to Minjoo, she couldn’t stop staring.

   Until she heard a notification sound from her phone, she unconsciously checked her phone. Feeling the heat crept onto her cheeks as she read the text.

 

From : My Pretty Fairy Chaewon

I know I gave you your freedom to stare at me before. But don’t you think staring at me from behind the wall is a little too creepy?

 

    Minjoo squeezed her eyes shut as she hit her head with the palm of her hands. Thinking of how dead  embarrassed she was for getting caught. She opened her eyes, about to run away to try hiding herself but was taken aback when the beautiful angel was suddenly right in front of her, smiling.

   Surprised, Minjoo let out a shriek, slightly stumbling with her steps without realizing the brick near her feet. Her feet accidentally tripped against the brick as she somehow was about to fell backwards.

   Minjoo closed her eyes to embrace the impact of the fall but she felt a hand gripping onto her wrist tightly before pulling her quickly. Chaewon, knowing to have quick reflexes, was lucky enough to be able to pull the girl before she landed hard on the tiled floor. Minjoo subconsciously held onto Chaewon’s waist by reflex while Chaewon pulled the girl with so much force she was pushed to the wall instead. With her back against the wall, Chaewon chuckled at how Minjoo reacted when she slowly fluttered her eyelids open.

   As if almost falling in front of her crush wasn’t enough, the moment she opened her eyes, she was greeted by the sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter