Chapter 12

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you free this weekend, Wonyoung?” Minjoo released a harsh cough the moment she heard the girl beside her speak lovingly. Yuri who was beside her patted her back, knowing what was happening at the moment.

   Chaewon raised an eyebrow, concern was laced onto her face as she turned to Minjoo, “Are you okay?”

   Nodding almost immediately, Minjoo quickly averted her eyes back to her food, gaining the pity of the other members on the table.

   Chaewon tilted her head in confusion but was assured when Minjoo started eating normally again. She went back to the little bunny in front of her as she smiled widely, “Sooo... Back to what I was saying. Are you free this weekend?”

   Pursing her lips together, the little bunny squinted her eyes, her hands rubbing her chin as she tried to remember her schedule. A habit she always did when she was in a thinking state, “I think so. Why?” The younger girl asked as she mindlessly took a bite from her food.

   “Great! Let’s go out,” Minjoo felt her heart was being stabbed into pieces but she still kept her stance. It was as if Chaewon and Wonyoung didn’t notice how it was only the both of them talking now at the table as everyone stopped their own conversations to listen in while casually stealing glances at Minju.

   Wonyoung excitedly let out a squeal, “Really? Where are we going?”

   “It’s been a while since we went to your favourite ice skating rink, right? Let’s go there,”

   The little bunny stood abruptly as she jumped in happiness, clapping at the same time. The look of excitement was enough to make Chaewon’s heart flutter. The red head would do anything to keep the precious smile on Wonyoung’s face.

   “YAY! YOU’RE THE BEST UNNIE! THAT’S WHY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!” Wonyoung attempted to hug the older girl but the table in between them made it hard for her to do so. Chaewon just laughed at her failed attempts and gestured her to sit down.

    The comment from the bunny made Chaewon’s heart beat rapidly. But at the same time, she felt upset since she knew the younger girl meant that as a friendly sister love. How she wished Wonyoung would see her differently.

   What Chaewon and Wonyoung didn’t realize was two heartbroken girls right next to them. Minjoo had to hold in her tears. She didn’t know how could she be so strong seeing Chaewon almost everyday spoiling Wonyoung with the love she wished was for her. How Chaewon absent mindedly never noticed her love for the girl and was instead pursuing another girl was really hurting her. But she knew it wasn’t her choice. It was Chaewon’s choice. She didn’t know about her feelings. And it was also her choice to love Chaewon no matter what. Even if she had to see such a moment every single day.

   The other person, Yujin was watching her own crush’s behaviour. The way Minjoo’s head was kept low, her only attention was her plate in front of her while her spoon was mindlessly playing around with the food instead. She knows Minjoo was listening well and was at the verge of crying. But she wasn’t. Minjoo was getting stronger each day and it made Yujin proud. Yujin was upset as well, of course. She was gripping tightly on the hem of her shirt, seeing how obviously hurt Minjoo was for someone who didn’t have mutual feelings for her. She wanted Minjoo for herself. But she knew. Minjoo’s heart belonged to Chaewon and there was no one else that could steal it.

  She’s known Minjoo for almost her entire life and despite being a total beauty herself, Minjoo had never garnered interest in anyone. Not a single person before high school started. Countless of boys and girls had try courting her but to no avail, no one could stole her heart. Yujin thought she could have a chance since she was the closest to her. And maybe with a few more years, Minjoo could open her heart for the puppy.

   But, as soon as they were freshmen, Minjoo was totally smitten by the school’s princess and star athlete, Kim Chaewon. Almost everyday, Yujin and Yena would hear about Minjoo’s love for the princess and it never failed to break Yujin’s heart everytime. She knew she lost. The way Minjoo would literally sneak into the gym to take a peek at her crush or talks about her lovingly and admiringly obviously showed how crazy in love the girl was with Chaewon.

   Since Minjoo was her best friend, she wanted her to be happy. Even though she had to sacrifice her own happiness.

   The rest of the members at the table could only watch as the complicated love story became even more complicated. Almost everyone knows by now. And they’re basically surprised at how dense those four were. They even created a group chat for themselves.

FURRIES WHO ARENT INVOLVED IN THE LOVE SQUARE 

Jjoyul :

Okay. This is seriously turning worse

Idk Chaewon could be this stupid

 

Kkura :

I told you she was stupid but did anyone believe me? No

I wasn’t elected VP for nothing you fools

 

NicoNicoNiiNako :

Try saying that to Chaewon’s face you coward

 

Kkura :

yOU MIDGET—

 

Jjoyul :

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter