Chapter 25

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A series of deafening loud knocks were heard outside Minjoo and Yujin’s room. The two looked at each other, bewildered at the sudden intrusion. They doubt it would be Chaewon since she owned the other key while Wonyoung was too proper and polite to be banging on their door.

    Minjoo groaned, standing up to open the door, aware that Yujin was clearly unwilling to do so with the way she continued watching the show instead. Reaching the door, she opened it slightly just to be shoved aside as the person lured in before Minjoo could even invite them in.

    “HIDE ME! OH !” The panicking figure, revealed to be the vice-president, Sakura exclaimed before jumping onto Yujin’s bed and hiding under the covers. She covered herself with the thick material but muffled groans could be heard from beneath the sheets.

    The two couldn’t comprehend Sakura’s actions. Puzzled, Yujin finally turned her attention away from the television and called out to the intruder under her sheets,

    “Kkura-unnie?”

    Minjoo, after closing the door, walked straight back to the bed where the distraught figure was hiding in. Patting on the covers softly, she voiced out in concern, “Sakura? Did something happen?”

    “Did you get chased by the cops or something? Did you kill someone? I should record this moment just in case,” Minjoo sent a glare towards Yujin’s direction which the younger girl just shrugged off, a playful grin on her face evident.

    Sakura slowly revealed herself from the blanket, with a scowl on her face, “You little mutt,”

    Yujin pretended to be offended by the harsh comment but was ignored by the two.

    “I may have done something stupid,”

    “I’m pretty sure you always do something stupid,” Yujin intervened, earning threatening glares from the duo on the bed.

    Sakura explained everything that just happened at the tennis court. From the punishment and how she suddenly kissed Chaeyeon out of the blue in front of a huge portion of the students.

    The youngest out of them fell onto the floor, clutching onto her stomach as she laughed out loud after hearing the story. “The heck? Did you think we’re in a drama or something? I swear that was stupidity at its peak,” she said in between her laughs.

    Sakura was so close to pouncing at the girl but was held back by Minjoo.

    “So, you thought running away was the best idea?” Sakura nodded.

    Yujin interrupted, once again, “That’s literally the worst thing that you could do,”

    “Why you little--"

    “As much as I want to hit Yujin too, she has a point. You’re going to see her sooner or later. Both of you are roommates, after all,” Minjoo sat beside the nervous cherry blossom and patted her back, trying to encourage her.

    “What if she doesn’t like me back?” Sakura spoke up, pouting as she slumped her shoulders.

    Yujin made a face, “How can you not know if people like you back but know about other people’s crushes?” she mocked.

    “THAT DOESN’T APPLY TO ME, YOU ANNOYING BRAT,” Sakura retorted back after hearing the younger girl mocking her.

    The two were about to fight each other but Minjoo, being the peacemaker, stepped in between, trying to prevent blood from being shed.

    “Stop joking, Yujin,” Minjoo sent another deathly glare to the Yujin. The girl simply pouted before keeping quiet as told.

    “Anyway, you should tell her honestly how you really feel. You can’t exactly avoid this now since you blatantly just kissed her in front of a crowd,” Minjoo mumbled the last part but her words was caught by Sakura with her big ears.

    Sakura, realizing the situation, heaved a sigh, “I know… I’m just afraid. I really hope Chaeyeon feels the same,” she voiced out weakly.

    Minjoo gave a comforting smile towards the girl.

    “I’m sure she does,” she continued, "I mean, look at the way she treats you! She treats you like a damn queen," 

    A small chuckle left her lips as Sakura raised her head, feeling grateful, “Thanks Minjoo,”

    Of course, being Sakura, she just had to let out a comment for the other girl, “Unlike that dog, you’re such a living angel,”

    Minjoo laughed lightly while Yujin could only whine from her seat.

======================================================================

Meanwhile, Chaewon and Chaeyeon were together, trying to find the runaway girl. Chaeyeon looked deep in thought the whole time, bumping into other people and objects during their search. It seemed like the girl’s mind was occupied.

    Chaewon sighed heavily at the sight, thankful that the others had gone the other way. They had decided to split up since the missing girl was not picking up any of their calls and everyone wanted answers quick. Yena and Yuri went to check the lobby while Wonyoung and Hitomi went to Sakura’s room.

    She and Chaeyeon were going around the outside area, knowing the girl would have not gone too far with her scrawny legs and unathletic body. She was bound to hide somewhere.

    She gripped onto Chaeyeon’s arm quickly when she saw the girl about to stumble at the stairs.

    She could tell what was going through the girl’s mind by now.

    “Can you stop thinking about her? You should have already moved on by now,” Chaewon finally uttered. Chaeyeon stopped walking and turned back to her. A look of confusion and sadness etched onto her face.

    “It’s been two years, Chaeyeon,” Chaewon said, a bit more softly this time.

    Chaeyeon bit her lip, a look of frustration evident on her face, “I know,”

    “It’s just hard to forget about her,"

     Chaeyeon's ex-girlfriend, also used to be a student at ENOZI High but they had known each other for a longer time. The three went to the same middle school and grew up together and eventually, Chaeyeon fell deeply in love with the girl despite the other girl being a couple of years older. Heck, she was even the reason she went to the ENOZI High. She was actually meant to go to an Arts school but changed her mind to get closer to the older girl. The determination she had eventually made the older girl fell for her too. They started officially dating after Chaeyeon admitted to ENOZI High while the other was a senior. Their realtionship were kept a secret since the other girl didn't want anyone to bother her about their relationship as she was the student council president at the time. Only Chaewon knew about it.

     However, good things come to an end. The older girl broke up with Chaeyeon a few months after she graduated from school.

    Devastated, Chaeyeon asked for the reason but the older girl only shook her head in silence before apologizing and walked away.

     Away from Chaeyeon’s life.

    Chaewon felt guilty, to be completely honest. Why? Because the other girl didn't give Chaeyeon a proper explanation on the break-up and yet, she told her instead. She knew why and she couldn't exactly be mad at the older girl for dumping their friend. It was her choice after all. 

    “I just fell out of love, Chaewon. It’s better for me to let her go than hold onto her without having the same feelings anymore,”

    She understood it perfectly but it didn’t help when Chaeyeon turned into a whole mess after the break up. It happened during her sophomore years and Chaeyeon even took a break from dancing and basketball for a couple of months to comfort herself. Since the relationship wasn't public, no one understood Chaeyeon's sudden leave from her clubs but they decided it was best to leave her alone. It took Chaewon months to finally put some sense into Chaeyeon since she didn't want her friend to drown in her sorrows and stop her chance to pursue her dreams. Chaeyeon was reluctant at first, but with a little help from some friends, she finally turned back to normal. 

      But, Chaewon knew she was still upset. 

    And now Chaewon knew Chaeyeon was having a hard time, rethinking the idea of another relationship. She was aware that Chaeyeon had started to develop feelings for Sakura as well from the way she talks about her all the time.

     But the thought of being in a relationship must have definitely scared the girl.

     She was afraid of being broken again.

     "Are you really going to let her be the reason for rejecting Kkura? It's not worth it. You deserve to be loved by someone,"

    “Sakura’s a nice and sweet girl, Chaeyeon and even I could tell she’s head over heels over you,”

    “You obviously like her too, buddy,” Chaewon stated as she leaned against the wall.

    Chaewon saw the small smile growing on Chaeyeon’s face, a genuine smile at the mention of the other girl’s name. Chaeyeon slowly nodded.

    “Then give her a chance. Give yourself a chance again to actually love someone. That break-up was not your fault,”

    Chaewon’s words absolutely hit her. She had always blamed herself for the break-up, unwilling to put the blame on the other person even though she was the one to initiate the break-up. She had thought she wasn’t good enough for her lover and those thoughts had kept her from trying to love any other.

   But now, Chaeyeon felt her heart tingle. The face of her ex-girlfriend came to mind a moment ago was slowly disappearing and was replaced by a certain smiling and playful cherry blossom. The girl that had been giving her the warmth and made her smile with her weird acts every single day. School days that she dreaded was always fun nowadays with the presence of the vice president by her side. She touched her lips again, feeling the same sensation that had faded away two years ago.

     Chaeyeon smiled brightly after realizing her feelings, took Chaewon’s hands in hers and beamed, “I'll talk to her. Thanks Chaewon!” before running off to who knows where.

    Sometimes, Chaeyeon herself wondered how is she getting advice from someone who can’t handle their own relationships. Chaewon was a total idiot with her own relationships, judging from the current situation, but Chaewon was great at comforting people, that’s for sure.

     Now, she wished Chaewon would actually do something for her own sake.

    Chaewon with her hands left hanging, was baffled. Clearly she didn't expect herself to be abandoned.

    Pocketing her hands into her empty pockets, Chaewon sulked, walking alone back to her room after checking there was an hour left before dinner time. She needed to rush back and take a shower after realizing she smelled like sweat.

    She turned the doorknob, greeted by the sight of Sakura and Yujin on the floor, seemingly wrestling with each other while Minjoo was desperately trying to pull them away from each other but her attempt failed miserably.

    Chaewon blinked her eyes, trying to process what on earth was happening.

    The three stopped when they saw Chaewon at the door. Sakura was the first one to untangle herself from the big dog, standing up quickly.

    “Chaewon! I-” Chaewon raised her hand, stopping the girl from even talking and shook her head silently. She just went over to the closet and took out a pink hoodie and a pair of sweatpants along with her towel before heading into the bathroom.

    “Can I take a shower here?” Sakura asked them after sitting comfortably on Chaewon’s bed. Chaewon had already finished showering and Wonyoung was taking her turn this time. The youngest had returned to the room moments after Chaewon and was pleasantly surprised to see the person they were looking for playing around in the room. Sakura wanted to say something but Wonyoung just sighed and did the same thing as Chaewon, heading into the bathroom once Chaewon stepped out.

    “We don’t have a spare towel in here,”

    “I’ll just use yours,”

     “Whose clothes are you going to wear then?” Chaewon questioned back while drying her hair with her towel.

     “Umm yours?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter