Chapter 13

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri stood in front of the entrance of the ice skating rink in a daze. She didn’t know how did her friends do it. But despite her protests, they actually dragged her out here to spy on Chaewon and Wonyoung’s date. Who knew? They would literally drove to her house and then having breakfast casually with her parents. Shameless wasn’t even enough to call those idiots. Especially since one of them was her girlfriend.

   “Yena told us you’re going to the ice skating rink? Do you need some money dear?” Her father asked while he sipped his cup of coffee. She was glaring at the bunch of people who were gobbling down the pancakes as if they were at their own house. The only decent person was Minjoo who actually looked apologetic for her friends’ behaviour.

   “What? I didn’t actually—”

  “Yes Uncle Jo! But she keeps refusing us, saying that she wants to spend time with you guys,” Yena interrupted with filled with the pancakes. She was sitting right beside Mr Jo.

   Her father, instead laughed, ruffling Yena’s hair. Obviously, Yuri’s parents were aware of their daughter’s relationship after she brought Yena over for dinner one time. And being Yena, the ducky quickly charmed the old couple and somehow, her parents are now really fond of her girlfriend.

   “You should spend more time with your girlfriend and friends, Yuri. We don’t mind,”

   “But dad... “

   And that’s how Yuri was forcefully and unwillingly dragged into this stake out.

   “I should have wrote a will before I left,” mumbled the hamster-like girl while she kept fidgeting with her fingers. Sweat was running through her forehead despite the cold weather as she thought of the chances of them getting caught by their sharp minded president. Yuri had to admit. Chaewon was her best friend but that didn’t mean anything whenever the red head gets angry.

   She started shuddering at the thought as her eyes wandered towards the group of people who were shamelessly gawking at the huge and luxurious entrance of the rink. Yuri wanted nothing but to hide herself and free herself from any attention yet it’ll never happen today.

   Why? Those fools excluding herself and Minjoo, the actual sane one of the group were wearing such suspicious clothing, making them basically the centre of attention. Of course they were too stupid to notice everyone’s eyes on them. Yuri wore a normal light purple hoodie with ripped jeans while Minjoo sported a white sweater with a red scarf wrapped around her neck.

   Unlike those two, the others were wearing all black clothing and caps although they were basically indoors by now. Yuri and Minjoo could only shake their heads, questioning themselves for befriending such people.

   Minjoo nervously walked up to Yuri, “Should we go in by ourselves instead and act like we don’t know these people?”

   “I was about to suggest that,” With that, the two normal girls walked inside, leaving the other excited kids outside.

    The others quickly followed in after realizing the missing girls and spotted them near a bench, about to wear their skates. Minjoo noticed them but she quickly gestured them to hide when she saw Chaewon and Wonyoung coming out of the restroom. They were steps away from meeting the group of girls so Minjoo started to panic. Fortunately, she and Yuri were at a safe distance, hidden by a pillar that was completely out of sight.

   The group of girls confused, peeked at Minjoo’s line of sight and saw Chaewon and Wonyoung heading their way. They started to scramble towards the equipment room at the other side before the duo reached them.

   Minjoo let out a huff when they barely escaped Chaewon’s sight. She sighed for the nth time, “We’ll probably get caught at this rate,”

   Near the equipment room, the girls were breathing heavily, clutching their stomachs as they tried to heave the fresh air. They literally ran like crazy when they noticed Chaewon coming their way.

   “Was that how we feel minutes before dying?” Sakura asked, panting.

   Everyone nodded, agreeing without words. After catching their breaths, they headed to the counter to rent the equipment needed while looking out for the duo. The skating rink was humongous so it was possible that they wouldn’t bump into them while skating. The size of the place was perhaps the same size as a football field.

   Yuri was already on the rink, skating excitedly. She had her hoodie over her head and maintained a distance from Chaewon and Wonyoung who was far away from them. As long as she the others didn’t do anything stupid, everything will be fine, she thought. Well, she thought.

   Unlike Yuri, Minjoo sat herself on the bench, watching from afar. She watched closely everything Chaewon did. The red head, in a black jacket over a beige coloured turtle neck was squatting down in front of her Wonyoung who was sitting on the bench. It seemed like Chaewon was currently tying the laces of the skates. Staring at them jealously, Minjoo could only pout and huffed as she looked away from the two just to be greeted by another amusing sight.

   There, in a distance, was Yena skating furiously towards Yuri who was in the middle, bumping into various people at the same time. Minjoo let out a small laugh when she saw Yuri’s expression the whole time and how she was obviously scolding the duck for her behaviour although she couldn’t hear them.

   And there was Yujin skating like a pro skater as if it wasn’t her first time doing the activity with Hyewon and Nako tailing her from behind. Yujin was goofing around with Nako while Hyewon seemed to be enjoying the scenery... with fries in her hands.

   That’s left with Sakura and Chaeyeon.

   “NOOOO I DON’T WANT TO LET GO! JJAEYEONNN!” There it was. A screaming Sakura, refusing to let go of the steel rails with Chaeyeon trying to pull her away. It definitely caught the attention of most of the people there.

   “SAKU-CHAN! IT’S FINE. YOU WON’T GET HURT FOR GOODNESS SAKE,” Chaeyeon yelled this time frustrated at how stubborn the cherry blossom was.

   With her view from the side, Minjoo saw how the girls had their heads turned. Their faces looked like they ran out of blood. Yujin and Nako hastily skated back towards Sakura and Chaeyeon to prevent them from being caught. The rink was big but it didn’t mean Sakura’s screams couldn’t be heard till the end.

   Yujin cupped Chaeyeon’s mouth while Nako did the same to Sakura, urging the two to be quiet.

   However, when Minjoo turned towards Chaewon and Wonyoung’s direction... She only saw Chaewon. Chaewon, with her hands tucked into her pockets, staring right at the girl’s direction. Minjoo could literally feel the coldness rising as she rubbed herself. She knew they were dead at this moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

   “Are you sure you’re not going too, unnie?” Wonyoung asked again. Her hands gripping onto the steel rails as she entered the rink.

   Chaewon nodded, giving a small smile to the latter, reassured, “I’ll just watch you from here,”

   Wonyoung only pouted but nodded anyway before waving as she started skating around.

   The red head wanted to join the girl but she never had any talent in skating despite her athletic skills. She had been there a couple of times with Wonyoung but she rarely skated. The last time she did, she remembered how she fell on her bum the moment she stepped into the rink, causing Wonyoung to get worried and herself getting first hand embarrassment. She didn’t mind. She was already content just by seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter