Chapter 3

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day......

   Minjoo arrived in class as usual and was about to sit on her seat beside Yena but her tracks halted when she saw a certain hamster in her seat instead. She looked like she was helping Yena with her homework while the duck was struggling to answer them.

   As she got closer to the two, she immediately gained their attention as they greeted her. Yena’s face showed a trace of guilt and she knew there was trouble for her.

   “Sorry Minjoo... Yuri is going to sit here for now to tutor me, “ Yena explained as she rubbed the back of her head. A habit she does when she did something wrong.

 

Yesterday...

   Yena and Yuri was called out suddenly by Miss Park after their class ended. The two didn’t know what they did to be called but they headed out to her room anyway.

   Miss Park eyed Yena sharply as she asked, “Do you know why you’re here, Miss Choi?”

   Yena shook her head, completely clueless.

   “Your grades from the first exam this year basically showed a huge difference from last year’s exam. You realized that, right?“

   Yena could only nod her head weakly as the teacher brought up her worst fears. Yuri, beside her could only watched with pity.

   “If you don’t bring your grades up by mid-term, I don’t have a choice but to stop your involvement in your club activities,”

   The blonde girl immediately widened her eyes as she bursts into a panic frenzy, “What? I can’t do that! I love dancing,”

   Miss Park exhaled loudly as she looked at the girl, “I know, Yena... But if this keeps up, you don’t exactly gave me a choice here,”

   Yuri saw how Yena’s fists clenched tightly as she kept her emotions in place.

   “That’s why I decided to assign a tutor for you, Yena,”

   Both of the girls perked up at the mention of tutor and they looked at each other simultaneously. Yuri pointed at herself as she questioned the statement.

   “Yes, you, Yuri.”

   She continued, “I checked your files and it looks like the two are not only in the same class but also live in the same neighbourhood so it’ll be easier for you two to meet up,”

   Before Yuri could say anything, the older woman added, “If you're saying you’ll be too busy with the student council activities and club, let me remind you, Yuri, that you’re a bit short on extra curricular points since you deliberately refuse to participate in any sports competition for the last three years,”

   Yuri huffed at the sudden comment while Miss Park smiled as she continued, “Even Sakura who’s horrible in sports always join, you know?“

   “I just have to tutor her, right?” In the end, Yuri gave in as she glanced at the smiling duck beside her.

    “Yup. Make sure she doesn’t fail her midterms and I’ll give you those extra points,”

   She eyed Yena this time, “Listen Yena. If you don’t pass this time, I’ll revoke your participation in your clubs, understand?“ Yena nodded and they left the room afterwards.

 

   “So that’s what happened,” Yena grinned as her hands continued to write while being observed by Yuri.

   “Wait what? Where am I supposed to sit then?” Minjoo asked, defeatedly as she knew her friend needs all the help she can get.

   “You’re sitting next to Chaewon,” One statement. It was only one statement. Yet, it made Minjoo’s eyes widen at the fact that she was told to sit next to her crush. Minjoo stood there frozen at the thought.

   “YENA! YOU LITTLE DUCKLING,” Minjoo was about to tackle the grinning duck but was hold off by Yuri who was quite amused by Minjoo’s sudden outburst.

   Yuri chuckled at the two while trying to prevent Minjoo from choking the poor duckling, “Oh come on, Minjoo. Chaewon’s nice,” Minjoo huffed as she took a step back not before throwing a glare at the duck who was winking at her.

   “It’s not that.... “ Minjoo mumbled incoherently as she paced back and forth at the table, avoiding any reason to actually sit with the red head.

   Yuri asked Yena quietly about Minjoo’s sudden anxiety, “What’s with her?”

   “Oh you’re basically telling her to sit next to her cru--,” Yena was interrupted when the taller girl pulled her collar and was about to strangle the poor girl.

   “DON’T JUST SAY THAT!” Yuri immediately caught what Yena was trying to say and couldn’t help but laugh out loud at the duo.

   After a few minutes, Minjoo calmed down even though she looked like she might actually kill Yena again. Minjoo never understood how she was even friends with her. Yuri gave her a teasing stare, “It’s fine. Chaewon won’t notice. She’s actually dense with these kind of stuff,”

   Hearing that, Minjoo slumped down on the floor in despair, earning the attention of the other students. She was lucky there wasn’t that many and the red head was still at her seat. It was a good thing the distance of the front row and back row was actually wide so there’s no way the girl could listen.

   “Don’t worry. I won’t tell,” Yuri placed her finger on her lips and winked at the girl.

   Minjoo actually wished she died there instead.

   As class was about to start, she slowly but nervously moved towards her new seat. She was about to sit when she heard light snores coming from the red head. Minjoo hesitantly leaned closer to the girl and saw how she was actually sleeping while sitting still and with a pen in her hands, her head nodding off cutely.

   ‘How can she be so cuteee?’ Minjoo cooed silently as she stared at the sleeping figure.

   The sound of bells ringing, signalling the start of class, woke the president from her slumber. She jolted in shock, shaking her head in the process to get rid of her drowsiness. Minjoo immediately averted her gaze from the latter as if she wasn’t staring at her the whole time. Chaewon noticed Minjoo’s presence beside her but before she could say anything, their teacher came in.

   There was only ten minutes left before recess and Minjoo just wanted it to end fast. She absolutely had no idea what she just learned for the last three hours in class as she was busy admiring the cold beauty beside her. Her side profile was enough for Minjoo’s heart to make backflips.

   As Minjoo wanted, recess finally came and students gushed out of the class to have their break. Minjoo stood up promptly and was about to head to the back to get Yena so that they can go to the cafeteria together just to be greeted by empty desks.

   A message suddenly appeared on Minjoo’s phone as she turned it on to check.

From : Ugly Duckling

Yuri wanted to go to the washroom first so you two go on without us. Yuri said keep Chaewon safe from her fangirls too. Including you XD

   Minjoo’s face fell after she read the text. She was certainly, absolutely going to hit them. She expected it from Yena but who knew Yuri could join in?

   Minjoo turned around and was greeted by Chaewon’s a few meters away. The girl had her phone on her left hand as she glanced at hers.

   “Yuri sent me a text too. Let’s go?“ she offered. Minjoo could only nod as she followed the girl from behind. It wasn’t helpful how everyone kept pushing her around just to get closer to Chaewon. Usually Yuri had it under control but since Yuri wasn’t there, they thought it was the perfect opportunity to try and grab the star’s attention.

   Chaewon managed to pass through smoothly since she was used to it but Minjoo had a hard time passing through with the crowd getting bigger. The red head turned her head to see Minjoo lagging behind and being pushed around.

   Worried, Chaewon quickly moved towards Minjoo and reached for her hand. Minju thought some random person caught her hand but when she turned to look at the owner, her eyes were met with Chaewon’s worried gaze. Chaewon intertwined their hands as she pulled Minjoo out of the crowd to walk beside her until the prefects came and dispersed the students.

   It was much calmer now since everyone had leave them alone. Minjoo was still shocked as she stared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter