Chapter 1

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sudden sound of squealing interrupted Minjoo's daily conversation with her best friend, Yujin. The two of them were lightly chatting away at their lockers while waiting for their class to start until the quiet atmosphere of the school halls turned into a hectic one.

   "OMG! It's Kim Chaewon!" One of the girls in the hall yelled a little too enthusiastically much to the two best friends liking. However, it certainly caught the attention of the shorter one of the two as her eyes lit brightly at the mention of the name.

   Ahn Yujin or Yujin for short could only sigh at her best friend’s expected reaction. “No need to look so excited, Minguri,” The latter’s words however were met with deaf ears as Minjoo completely ignored the presence of her bestie and instead focused on the group of girls who were surrounding a certain girl. Unsatisfied with the lack of sight from the overcrowded group of students, she stepped closer to take a better look.

   “Please give way! We need to go to class,” a soft but strict plead was heard from the centre of the crowd. Minjoo recognized the voice to be Jo Yuri, the school council’s treasurer and one of her classmates although they rarely talked with each other.

    “Chaewon-sunbaenim!” Shouts were heard as the girls tried getting closer to the said girl while the student council members were trying their best to fend them off. The only part of the girl Minjoo was able to take a glimpse of was her obvious red hair.

    Although she wanted to see the girl closer, she didn’t want to get into trouble with the student council so she took a step backwards and returned to Yujin’s side.

   The taller girl was sulking while having her arms folded against her chest, “Finally realising I’m here, huh, Minjoo unnie?”

   Minjoo chuckled at her friend’s sulking attitude, earning a slap on her forearm from the latter. The two were about to head to class with the frog-like girl still reluctant to leave the scene. It was rare to see Chaewon since she was never around that much. Even she herself didn’t know how could she fell head over heels over someone she barely met although they were in the same grade. The only time they talked was when Chaewon helped carried her to the nursery when she was hit by a ball during basketball practice. And that was when they were freshman, over three years ago.

   Why couldn’t she see her crush often? Well that’s because the said girl basically had a super packed schedule. Ever since freshman year, she has been busy joining countless of activities whether it was physical or mentally involved. Her status as the school’s star athlete, her intelligence and super friendly and kind personality made her the most sought for girl in the whole school. Since last year, she was elected as school president which made her ten times more busier and gives less time for Minjoo to see her. Chaewon rarely goes to class since she has to attend various school competitions and needs time to practice so she was always excused.

   As usual, Minjoo sent Yujin back to her class which was on the first floor since the short haired girl was a junior, being a year younger than her while she herself was a senior. She still can’t believe she has been in the school for that long and never had the courage to befriend her crush. She sighed as she dwell on the matter on her way to her class on the second floor.

   “Yuri! Geez. Wait for me!” An angelic voice pierced through the girl’s ears as she suddenly stood still at the middle of the staircase, stunned. She turned her head to see Yuri a few steps behind her, looking at the red head tailing behind her.

   “Yah! You’re an athlete. How can you be so slow?” A hint of annoyance was heard in the shorter girl’s voice as she turned her head around, shocked to see Minjoo still standing there.

   Yuri greeted the still stunned girl cheerfully, opposite to how she treats the red head, “Oh! Hello there Minjoo,”

   The girl was frozen at her place when she saw her crush at such a cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter