Blind Date (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do I have to do this, Ryujin?” SinB walks over to the table with two cups of hot coffee.

“Yes, you have to” Ryujin takes a sip of the hot coffee, carefully “We made a deal, remember?” 

“What deal? I don’t remember making a deal with you about this?” SinB darts her eyes to someplace else hoping she’ll get to run away

“I know you’re going to pull this stunt so I come here prepared” Ryujin smiles slyly as she takes out a piece of laminated paper out of her bag and put it in front of SinB “And no, this black and white deal isn’t fabricated, we can go and check the authenticity if you want” 

Seeing the agreement that she playfully signed when they were 18, SinB bumps her head agains the table lightly. She couldn’t run away.

“You even got this laminated huh?” 

“Yeap. All thanks to you, I finally get to do this show that I always wanted to do” 

“But must it be me? I know I made a deal with you but I bet a lot of people applied to be on this show, you can choose someone else?”

“You’re right” Ryujin nods “We’re having a hard time trying to choose two people to be on this show but then it got me thinking, why bother trying to match two people I don’t know when I can just help my best friend finds someone that might have the chance to be the lover of her life?”

“You know, I’m really thankful of that thoughts that you have but have you ever wonder why I never wanted to fall in love?” 

“I’m your best friend, Eunbi. Of course I know. But your parents failing in their relationship doesn’t mean that yours will” Ryujin takes a look at her watch “Just give it a try. You can pull yourself out of the show if you think it won’t do any good for the both of you. I’ve stated it in the agreement. The other person agreed to it as well” She gets ready to leave “I’ve a meeting with the team. Your first shoot starts Monday next week. I’ve checked your other schedules with your manager and you don’t have any recording for your cooking programs as well. See you later!”

 

*****

 

“Okay, whose idea was it?”  Sojung locks the door of her office room when her friends come in. Instead of answering, Bona and Nayeon only exchange gazes with each other.

“I’m guessing, Nayeon comes up with the idea and Jiyeon is the one who submitted the application?” Another silence is given as an answer.

“I’m not mad guys, I just wanted to know” Yeap, Sojung’s words don’t match her expression “I’ll go to the shooting scheduled next week if you two come clean”

“You guessed it right. I came up with the idea and Jiyeon submitted it at the last minute” Nayeon speaks up

“We contemplated a lot about it too, Sojung but we thought if not now, when?”  Bona speaks up too finally

“I know you guys are just trying to help me to truly move on but you can just set me up on a normal blind date, must it be for a show?” 

“The thing is... We only thought about that after Jiyeon submitted the application. We’re truly sorry, Sojung” The two couldn’t lift their faces to look at Sojung eye to eye.

“Apology accepted” Sojung finally breaks her laughter that she’s been trying to hold in for so long “Oh gosh, you two should see how you look like just then” Tears almost rolling out of her eyes 

“Oh? You really aren’t mad at us?” Bona asks, both look dumbfounded 

“No. I’m not mad at all” Sojung takes a breath “The moment I know the show is looking for applicants, I already placed my bet that you two are going to apply for me without telling me”

 

*****

 

“If you two are ready, you can walk in and take a sit on the chair. We will remove the divider after the self-introduction session” Ryujin speaks through the megaphone. Following that, SinB walks towards the chair designated for her with a few pieces of flash cards. Once seated, SinB lands her looks on Ryujin and asks with a gesture whether her soon to be partner is at the other side or she still isn’t. Ryujin shakes her head but as soon as Sojung walks in, Ryujin changes it to a nod.

Trying to lighten up the mood, SinB gives a light knock on the divider and she receives a tiny chuckle as a reply.

“Oh? Someone’s there?” SinB jokes “Hellooo”

“Hi there” Sojung replies. 

Hearing that sweet voice from the other side for the first time, SinB’s heart skips a beat. Her cheeks started to turn red, barely visible on the camera but Ryujin couldn’t hide her smile either seeing the changes on her friend’s expression, from being cheeky now to being bashful. 

Silence fill in the air in the studio for a while, both not knowing what to say after they exchanged their hi and hello. Ryujin has to step in, reminding the two through their in-ears to use the flash card given to them.

“Would you like to go first?” Sojung asks “Or should I?”

“You may go ahead” 

“This one should be easy. It says to introduce our name, age and occupation” Sojung read the first flash card given to her “Sojung. 30. A scientist” 

“That was short” SinB chuckles “Eunbi. 27. A chef” 

“So you’re younger than me...” 

“It seems like it. Why? You aren’t interested with someone younger than you?”

“Age doesn’t matter to me” Sojung answers “Your turn now”

“Why did you choose to join this show?” 

Sojung laugh a little hearing the question “I didn’t” She says

“Hmm?”

“My friends applied it for me without telling me. I was dumbfounded when I got the call from the production crew. How about you?”

“I guess we’re the same” SinB scoffs and she darts her eyes to Ryujin “You see the person who’s wearing the black cap with P.D written on it?”

“Shin P.D. I’ve met her once before today. Why?”

“She forced me into this”

“You two know each other?”

“She’s a friend of mine for 15 years. A close friend I would say. Too close that I made a playful deal with her when we were 18 and she kept the agreement for today”

“Should we say ourselves are lucky?” 

“For what?”

“For having friends like them who cares more about us than ourselves?”

And the two burst out a laughter. 

“What’s your next question?” Sojung asks SinB to continue their conversation 

“Your first impression of me?” 

“Someone who’s funny, I guess?” 

“Oh? That’s new” 

“The way you knock on the divider just then. It’s funny to me. Why? You actually aren’t?” 

“Most of the jokes that I pulled on my friends are lame, so they never see me as a funny person though. Right, Ryujin?” 

Both directs their gaze towards Ryujin and the latter nods, agrees with SinB’s statement

“I like lame jokes so that’s a plus for you” Sojung confess “And you? What’s your first impression of me?”

“Emm...” SinB thin her lips thinking the right word to say “Someone who’s calming” She takes a deep breath, her heart somehow raced when she remembers how she felt when Sojung first say hi to her a moment ago “Your voice, when you said hi to me, it calms me” 

Now, two pairs of cheeks start to turn light pink “Got any more questions for me, Sojung?” SinB quickly changes the topic before they set a fire in the studio.

“Tell me your thoughts on falling in love with a stranger in one word”

“One word huh. Hmm...” SinB takes her time to answer “Impossible”

“Ahh you never fall in love with a stranger then?”

“I’ve never been in love with anyone. That’s the key words. How about you? What’s your one word?”

“Love. That’s my one word”

“Love?”

“Emm. Be it with someone that I’ve known for a long time or someone who is a complete stranger to me, love is love”

“This is bad” SinB suddenly sigh 

“Huh?”

“Your words just made my heart flutters” 

“Ahhh” Sojung chuckles “Are you always this straightforward?” 

“Sometimes?” SinB joins in the tiny laughter. At that moment, Ryujin decides to interrupt.

“Okay guys, this is something I haven’t told you both before but right now, I’m giving you two a chance to run away if you want. The door behind you are open. We will remove the divider in 2 minutes” She says through the in-ears. 

“What happened if one of us run away?” SinB suddenly asks 

“We will introduce a new person to the one who stay” Ryujin answers “Your two minutes starts now” 

During the first minute, both hearts race. Thinking hard if they should stay or leave. Whether they are ready to date a stranger for a few months, spending most of their time together. If they are ready to get their life filmed for almost 24 hours a day. 

For the whole 2 minutes, no sounds are made. None of the two knows whether the other person stay or they have left their sit. 

“2 minutes are up. We’re going to move the divider now” Ryujin says and one of the crew walks towards the studio and he slowly removes the divider. 

Guess what happened? 

Both decided to stay.

And the two couldn’t hide their smile when their eyes meet for the first time. 

“Hi Sojung” SinB greets Sojung properly this time, she bows a little, and when Sojung smile back at her, SinB couldn’t land her gaze to Sojung anymore. Her cheeks are turning redder and redder. SinB tries to hide it but Sojung starts to .

“You should cover your ears too, Eunbi. They are turning red faster than your cheeks” 

“It’s your fault though” 

“Huh?”

“You’re too pretty for my heart to handle” SinB straightforwardness appears “Oops, yours are turning red too, Sojung” SinB returns the tease.

When both of them have calmed down, Sojung asks the question she’s been meaning to ask since the first time her eyes lays on SinB.

“Why do you look so familiar?” 

“Hmm?”

“I think I’ve seen you somewhere” Sojung ceases her eyebrows “Don’t tell me you’re the host of midnight dinner? You are right? I’m quite confident that’s you”

“Oh? You watch that show?” SinB reveals her true occupation “Emm, I’m the host for the show. And a few others too” 

“Ahhh that’s why your name sounds familiar when you introduced yourself earlier” Sojung vibes of a smile “I'm a huge fans of all of your cooking shows” 

“And what’s your favorite recipe of mine so far?”

“The creamy crab pasta. I tried making it once but I don’t think it tasted as good as yours” 

“I can make it for you one day” SinB says “In fact, I can cook for you every day. Just tell me what you want to eat” 

“Emm. That sounds nice” Sojung nods sheepishly

“You don’t mind, right?” SinB asks, notices the hesitation in Sojung’s word

“Hmm? Oh. Yes, I don’t mind” Sojung smiles “It’s just, I never thought this day would come. Who would have thought I’d meet a chef that I’m a fan of”

“You’re not helping me to tone down the redness on my cheeks, Sojung. See” SinB points towards her cheeks that are still red. 

Just as their conversation is about to continue, two staffs walk towards them carrying a small table. Once placed in between them, one of the staff takes out 8 envelopes, 4 colored purple, another 4 in red, and she put it on the table. Before she leave, she passes a gold envelope to SinB. 

“Oh? Is this a mission or something?” SinB lands her gaze to Ryujin for a second and the latter nods.

“What does it says, Eunbi?” Sojung asks when she sees SinB is smiling as she read what’s written inside.

“These envelopes will decide what we will do tomorrow for our first date” SinB’s lips curve a little “It also says, we can’t exchange our phone number until we are at our 3rd date” She shakes her head, both of their expressions turn gloomy a little and SinB doesn’t forget to shoot a glare at Ryujin “So, shall we? Which color of envelope you wanted to pick?” She asks Sojung in which the latter grabs a purple colored envelope.

“Your favorite color, I guess?” 

“Emm” Sojung nods 

“Open it and see what it says”

Sojung opens the envelope and her gloomy face lits up seeing what’s written on the card inside “Hwang Eunbi’s studio” She shows SinB the card “Your turn to pick the red envelope” 

Not taking anytime to think, SinB grabs the one at the most left 

“Oh. It’s a chance card” She shows it to Sojung “We could either stick with the date you just picked or we can decide on our own” SinB keeps the card inside the envelope back “What would be your choice?” She lets Sojung to decide.

 

*****

 

While waiting for her manager to arrive, SinB waits for him at her waiting room. She takes the time to google who Sojung is and that's when Ryujin comes in after knocking. 

“You’re gonna thank me or?” Ryujin asks as she sits herself right next to SinB on the leather sofa 

“Thank you” SinB says nonchalantly and she continues her browsing. 

“You should look at yourself in the mirror during the shooting. I should’ve placed my bet on how long you’re smiling” 

SinB tries to ignore the teasing but her cheeks start to turn pink showing her true emotion “You’re really liking this more than you think you will, don’t you, Eunbi?” Ryujin elbows SinB a little

“I don’t know. Yes? No? Maybe?” SinB shrugs 

“So much of your so called straightforwardness” Ryujin rolls her eyes upwards 

“Whose idea was it of not letting us to exchange phone number till our 3rd date?”

“Let me think” Ryujin pretends to think hard “Me?” She points towards herself before her laughter explodes “Come on. Where’s the fun of letting you guys contacted each other this early? Trust me, you’re going to thank me for this” SinB is about to head choke Ryujin when her manager shows himself at the entrance.

“Miss Eunbi if you’re ready. You have a schedule to attend in an hour”

“Coming” SinB answers “You’re safe for now, Ryujin. See you later!”

 

*****

 

“How was your first meeting?” Bona asks through the phone call. She put it on a loudspeaker so Nayeon can hear it too.

“It went well” Sojung answers short

“What do you mean by went well?”

“We need more details, Sojung”

“Hello?”

“Kim Sojung are you there?” 

Sojung gets swayed from the phone call when her eyes landed on SinB who’s walking out of the building, while reading the script given to her. The latter is too immersed in her reading that she doesn’t realize Sojung is nearby.

“Kim Sojung”

“Hellooooo”

“Do we need to call the police?”

“Huh? Police? No” Sojung realizes she’s on a phone call after SinB exits the building “You guys won’t believe who my partner is”

“Who is sheeeee?”

“Tell us now, Sojung!”

“Not going to do that. I’ll let you guys know when I’m back at the office”

 

“Who is it?”

“Your partner, who?”

Both Bona and Nayeon immediately pull Sojung into her office when Sojung arrives 

“Can you guys let me take a breath at least?”

“No” The other two say “So whooooo”

Sojung takes off her jacket and hangs it, taking her sweet time, making her friends restless. 

“Kim Sojung tell us whooo”

“Okay, okay” Sojung finally gives in “Hwang Eunbi”

“That name sounds familiar. Very familiar” Bona tries to remember where she has heard the name

“Wait, don’t tell me” Nayeon interrupts “The Hwang Eunbi from our favorite cooking show?”

“Yeap. That Hwang Eunbi” Sojung nods

“No wayyyy” Bona's eyes widened

“Yes wayyy, mam”  

“You’re liking this, aren’t you, Sojung?”

“We can see that from your face anyway if you’re thinking of lying”

“Emm. I guess I am liking this”

 

*****

 

“Am I at the right place?” Sojung stares at the building in front of her. It looks like someone’s house but at the same time it doesn’t due to it’s location. She takes out a piece of paper from her jacket pocket confirming the address written on the paper is the same with the building she’s standing in front at. Convinced that she’s at the right place, she walks towards the door and rings the bell. 

Not long after that, someone opens the door for her. Who else would it be if not SinB ^^

“Hi Sojung” A smile is blooming on SinB’s lips

“Hello Eunbi” And Sojung returns it

“Come on in” SinB steps aside a little giving Sojung some space to enter “You don’t have to take off your shoes” SinB says as she closes the door before she leads the way inside 

“What is this place? I thought it was someone’s home at first” Sojung asks as they walk further inside passing through a hallway with arts hanging on the walls. 

“A studio I shared with a friend of mine. Pretty much a studio with our interests combined” SinB takes a stop once they reach the end of the hallway “Would you like to have a look around or shall we eat dinner first?” 

“A tour would be nice” Sojung replies 

“Okay. If that’s the case, let’s go upstairs first then” 

Reaching the second floor, Sojung’s eyes are immediately hooked onto a group of vintage cameras that are neatly displayed in a glass cabinet. At the opposite corner, a few easels and canvases can be seen, some are still white, others already colored. And when she turns her back, she’s greeted by a mini arcade filling in the whole area opposite of the other two sections. 

“I really wanted to ask you, what is this place again?” Sojung still couldn’t decipher the purpose of this studio. Seems like too much is going on in just one level for her to guess.

“Well, this level is multipurpose. Aside from showcasing my friend’s hobby, we also rented this place for photoshoot. There are more set-up in those room” SinB points towards the rooms with close door “I can’t show you what’s inside since those are rented by SJ-mags, have to keep it top secret they said” SinB then walks towards the arcade area with Sojung following her from behind “Would you like to have a match?” She asks once they stand in front of the basketball machine 

“Loser get a flick on her forehead?” Sojung suggests

“On it” SinB agrees 

 

Sojung is browsing through the vintage cameras collection when she hears footsteps coming closer to her. When she turns around, she couldn’t contain her chuckles seeing SinB is massaging her forehead with an ice pack.

“Does it still hurts?” Sojung sounds concern 

“Emm, a little?” SinB removes the ice pack showing the redness on her forehead “I’m never gonna bet on any form of physical punishment with you, perhaps forever?” 

“Sorry...” Sojung grins 

“Are you into cameras as well, Sojung?”

“Used to but not anymore” 

“May I asked you why?” 

“Emm, just those phase of life when I lost my interest over things that I used to love?” 

“Ahh, understood. Been there” SinB agrees “Shall we go downstairs?” 

 

“You enjoyed puzzles too?” SinB walks towards Sojung with a glass of lemonade. 

“Sometimes?” Sojung put the piece of puzzle she’s holding to its’ match “Thank you” She says when SinB passes her the drink 

“Sometimes?” SinB takes a sit opposite of Sojung 

“Emm” Sojung nods “When I got stuck with my experiment, I’d try and solve the puzzle. It helps me to think” Sojung answers as her eyes scan through the puzzle pieces “Just like how I’d eventually find where each piece of this puzzle belongs, I’d find the missing piece that I need to make my experiments to work” And she place another piece to the puzzle that’s starting to get its shape.

For the first time, SinB find Sojung, adorable...

“What about you?” Sojung lifts her face to match SinB “When do you enjoy solving puzzle?”

“Me? Hmm...” SinB takes a sip of the lemonade “When I need a peace of my mind. Puzzle takes my worries away, you know when life gets hard and you have all kinds of problems struck at you at once, puzzle is my escape” SinB plays with a piece of puzzle, moving it in between her fingers. 

“Does it helps you to solve those problems?” 

“Emm, not always but I preferred having a calm mind and unsolved problems rather than a messed up mind and unsolved problems” 

Sojung’s lips curve a little hearing SinB’s answers, and her eyes that are glued on SinB are immediately avert to the puzzle when SinB lifts her face. 

“Shall we go to the kitchen, Sojung? I’ve a feeling we both are for sure gonna skip dinner if we stayed here” 

“Maybe we should” 

 

SinB pulls out the chair over at the kitchen island for Sojung to have a sit. Once Sojung is seated she serves the latter a glass of water before she wears her apron. 

“Thought that this would be interesting to do while I cook” SinB takes out a wine glass with pieces of folded paper in it and put it in front of Sojung 

“What is this?” 

“Let’s just say questions that might help us to know each other better?” SinB answers as she takes out some groceries from the fridge. 

Right at that moment, Sojung’s stomach growls.

“Would you like to snack on some fruits while waiting? It won’t take long for the appetizer” 

“I’m good, Eunbi. Guess my stomach makes the sound since it can’t wait to taste the food you make” Sojung answers with her cheeks pink 

“I’ll be fast” SinB quickly fills in a pot with water and brings it to a boil. While waiting she takes out a small grinder and adds mayonnaise, walnuts, a little bit of honey, a drizzle of lemon and salt. Once she’s done grinding them, she blanched the spinach for a quick seconds and immediately soaked them in the ice water before she mixed the spinach with the sauce she just made. She lastly pan fried the rice ball to get the top and bottom crispy and served it as the base of the appetizer. To make it tastier, she tops it with the deep fried laver and there, she’s done for the appetizer. 

“You aren’t lying when you said you’ll be fast” Sojung chuckles. She forgot how to talk seeing SinB cooks in front of her, someone she’s used to see cooking in the tv. 

“Is this new recipe of yours?” Sojung takes a whole bite of the canapés 

“Emm, it is” SinB nods “I’m going to make it for the upcoming episode since I’ve to use spinach, that's if, it tasted good” SinB looks at Sojung with that hopeful eyes “How was it?” 

“You know that I’m going to say it tasty, no matter what, right?”

“Because you look up to me that much when it comes to cooking?”

“Emm” Sojung nods as she takes another bite 

“I’m thankful for that but you can be honest, Sojung. That’s how I can improve my recipes”

“If I’m being honest. I don’t really like spinach in the first place but this food you make might have just turn me into a fan” Sojung wipes the corner of her lips “Does that answer your question?” 

“Emm, it does” SinB couldn’t hide her smile that’s going from ear to ear “I should proceed with the next meal while you finish that” She cleans up the aisle and takes out another set of grocers from the fridge. 

“Would you mind?” Sojung suddenly asks 

“Huh?” SinB turns to face Sojung “Oh, go ahead” She says when she sees Sojung is about to pick a folded paper from the glass 

“Would this be a question for me to answer or?” 

“Mainly you” SinB walks back towards Sojung with a new set of grocers “But I’ll answer it too if you want me to do so” And Sojung nods.

“Hmm, this one is easy” She says once she read what’s written in the now unfolded paper

“It will always be summer over winter for me. You?” 

“The opposite. Why summer?” 

“Because I like to do outdoor activities. Couldn’t do much of it during winter. What about you?”

“I will always choose snow over the scorching sun. Plus, I hate bugs. There are more bugs during summer, so yeah, nope” SinB continues to prep the food while she answers 

“Next one, sunrise or sunset?” 

“Sunrise for me” SinB answers “Even if I had a bad night, when I see the sun rises, I’d automatically smile. A fresh start for a brand new day”

“Another opposite this time” 

“Why sunset for you?”

“I just like the color of the sky when the dusk falls” 

“Maybe we should go and watch sunrise and sunset together one time” SinB proposes as she grills the steak

“That’s a good idea but I can’t promise you for the sunrise” 

“Couldn’t lose your precious sleeping time?” 

“Emm” Sojung grins “Most of the time I’ll leave my lab late at night, sometimes at 1 or 2 in the morning if I’ve a project ongoing, so sleeping time is really precious to me”

“Do you like your food spicy?” SinB interrupts, before she starts slicing the peppers 

“Emm, nope. I’ve a weak stomach” 

“Okay, I’ll put this aside then” She removes the peppers from the slicing board “Anything else that you don’t like or less preferred when it comes to food?” SinB asks for her future references since she already planned to cook for Sojung a whole lot more later. She’s pretty sure Sojung skips her dinner sometimes too after knowing the kind of schedule Sojung had most of the time.

“I don’t really enjoyed bread, dumplings and rice cakes. What about you, Eunbi?” 

“I don’t eat raw foods, at all. That would be it” 

“So you aren’t a fan of sushi?”

“Only if the meat or seafood are grilled or battered, then I’ll eat them. I’m guessing you’re a big fan of sushi?” 

“Emm, I am” Sojung nods eagerly “We are really the exact opposite of each other huh?”

SinB grins before she answers “Well, not really. At least our interest with puzzle is mutual. Plus, I find it rather enjoyable. The opposites we have. As a person who never gone out on a date before, knowing someone who have different preferences, is definitely a lot more fun, I guess, if I have to put it in words” 

 

***

 

“You purposely lost the basketball match, didn’t you?” Ryujin asks on the one to one interview with SinB after their date ends 

“I lost the match fair and square” SinB refuses to tell the truth and Ryujin smirks can be seen only by the two.

“What do you think about Sojung after your first official date?”

“My answer remains the same plus I’d add adorable in the vocabulary” 

“What side of her that makes you think of her as someone who’s adorable?”

“The way she makes me feel at ease”

 

***

 

“How was the date today?” Ryujin asks Sojung once her interview with SinB ends

“I like it” Sojung answers with a smile on her lips

“Your view on Eunbi is still the same or has it changed?”

“It changed. I found her rather charming tonight” Her smile widened.

“Charming in what way?”

“The way she speaks” Sojung’s heart suddenly flutter

 

*****

 

“You aren’t going home yet, Sojung?” Bona who’s hanging her lab coat after she’s done cleaning up her bench sees Sojung staring blankly at the incubator over at the corner of the lab.

“Huh?” Sojung is startled “Oh, I am” She finally realizes she’s been staring at the incubator for a while. After she does her final check up on the cell culture, Sojung walks towards Bona who’s waiting for her. 

“What were you thinking just then?” Bona asks as Sojung cleans up her benchwork 

“Eunbi” Sojung answers short

“What’s up with her?” 

“Am just thinking how to introduce my life to her”

And Bona suddenly release a chuckle

“Whattttt” Sojung shoots her eyes to the latter 

“Nothing” Bona shakes her head “This has got to be the first time you look this serious trying to figure out how to introduce yourself. Why are you being too careful this time?”

“Because I’m going out with someone who has never been in love”

“Yeah, you told me that before but there’s no thrill and fun if you’re being too careful. Why don’t you bring her here?”

“Here? You mean here? This lab?” Sojung's eyes widened 

“Emm, here” Bona nods

“Are you kidding me? I’ve never bring anyone here. Not even my exes”

“And that’s how your relationship failed, am I right?” Bona’s words hit deep “They don’t understand your line of work, Sojung. You never help them to understand” 

“Hmm...” Sojung bites her lips “But I don’t think Eunbi will survive being here” 

“Well, you will never know till you try. Anyway, coming over?”

“What for?” Sojung takes off her lab coat and hangs it

“Your show, premiere tonight”

“Ahhh, I’ll passed. You two will tease me non-stop” And the two walk out of the lab “See you tomorrow then” Sojung bids goodbye to Bona before they go separate ways 

 

*****

 

SinB is in her waiting room, around 10 minutes left before her recording started when she receives a call from her father. Contemplating whether to pick up or to ignore, SinB let it rings for a while. 

"What is it?" She picks up and straightforwardly ask without any proper greetings 

"Why am I seeing you in this kind of show, Hwang Eunbi?"

"What show?" SinB pauses "Ahh, that show" She remembers her blind date reality show is currently airing at this moment "Why is it a concern to you?"

"You know where this can lead to, and your mom already found someone suits for you"

"Huh" SinB chuckles "It's funny how the two of you can communicate this well when it comes to choosing my future partner yet you two can't communicate well enough to maintain your relationship with each other"

"Hwang Eunbi!" Her father raises his voice

"The moment you two separated, and left me with grandma, I'm no longer your daughter. And I wish for it to stay that way forever. You can asked your other children to marry whoever you guys wanted for the sake of your business" SinB ends the call abruptly and at that moment, someone knocks on her door.

“Come in”

“Your recording is starting in 5” Hyuk, one of the production crew, shows himself at the door

“Oh, okay. Coming” SinB walks outside and passes her phone to her manager “Decline whatever calls you get from my parent” She reminds him.

 

***

 

“Wanna come over?” 

 

“What’s up with that face of yours, Eunbi?” Ryujin asks as soon as she opens the door 

“Make your best guess” SinB says as she walks inside

“Oh, hi Eunbi. Catch” Eunseo throws a can of soda to SinB from the pantry “Had your dinner yet?” She asks

“Not in the mood to have one” SinB throws herself onto the sofa at the living room 

“Your dad?” Ryujin gives her answer, well knowing SinB for so long, she only look the way she currently is because of her parent, if not her dad, it’d be her mother.

“Emm” SinB nods as she takes a sip of the soda

“Ahh, he watched the show already?” Eunseo walks over with a bowl of fruits and place it on the table next to SinB

“Yeahh, even warned me to pull myself out of the show”

“Ohh? Why is that?”

“He said that it’ll ruined their plans on marrying me with someone they knew”

“So will you? Pull yourself out of the show?” Ryujin asks

“Have I ever listen to them?” SinB returns the question 

“Well, you never but I thought that you will from your gloomy expression”

“Hmm… I’m thinking on how to tell this to Sojung, that’s all” SinB leans herself against the sofa, one arm rests on her forehead “Do I have to tell her? Would you guys tell her if you were me?”

“I would” Says Ryujin

“I wouldn’t” Eunseo answers

“Will I?” SinB asks herself one more time…

 

*****

 

SinB is waiting for Sojung nervously in front of the cafe Ryujin told them to meet at. Since she’s used to being on camera, having the cameraman wherever she goes this time is not a big deal. The nervousness she’s feeling is all because of Sojung. And her nervousness melts when she catches the sight of Sojung in her light purple fleece top, white pants with her brown trench coats.

Unlike her, Sojung is a bit nervous because of both. She couldn’t hide her awkwardness trying to pretend as if the camera isn’t recording her every actions. But the awkwardness goes away when her eyes land on SinB in her white silky shirt with her dark blue jeans. 

SinB waves to Sojung, couldn’t contain her excitement. Her smile gets lovelier the closer Sojung walks towards her. And when they finally stand in front of each other, somehow, to both of them, the cameras disappear. 

“Hi” 

“Hello” 

Their short greetings towards each other causing the both of them to laugh and smile ear to ear. 

“Shall we?” SinB opens the door towards the cafe, giving Sojung a way for the latter to enter the cafe first, and she follows from behind.

 

***

 

“Where are we going today?” SinB asks Sojung after taking a sip of the strawberry milkshake 

“You’ll see” Sojung looks at her watch “We have another 30 minutes to kill” 

“Is it somewhere near here?” 

“Emm” Sojung nods, still trying to keep it a secret whilst SinB’s eyes start to wander around the area “You won’t be able to guess” She chuckles 

“And if I do?”

“I dare to bet that you won’t”

“If it’s another flick that you’re betting, I surrender” SinB back off that easy remembering the redness she got back at her studio that night on their first date 

“Did you watch the first episode?” Sojung asks out of the blue 

“Nope” SinB shakes her head “I was in the middle of my cooking show recording when it aired. But I did see some clips. You?” 

“No, I didn’t. Feels embarrassed seeing myself on tv” 

"You should try and watch the clips. Especially those times when your cheeks turn pink" SinB begins her teasing

"Right, as if your cheeks aren't as pink as mine, Eunbi" Sojung returns the teasing back to SinB "Anyway, your family members didn't say anything?" 

SinB almost choked on her drinks when Sojung asks her that. She did see that coming but at the same time she hopes Sojung won't ask her that. 

"My grandma is long gone, but I think she's happy"

"Your parents?"

"Emm, I don't have a good relationship with them ever since they divorced. But my dad did called me and told me to pull out from the show" SinB tells Sojung after contemplating for a few days. 

"I'm guessing that you won't?"

"You guessed it right. I won't" 

 

**

 

“Ahhhh, I’m glad I decided not to bet earlier” SinB says as she opens the door for Sojung to enter the pottery workshop. It’s situated at an alley not far from the cafe they both were at just then.

“Oh? No one is here?” SinB finally realizes after taking a few steps in

“The owner is a close friend of mine, thought of asking her for some privacy and she said okay” Sojung walks over towards a wooden shelf and brings two aprons with her

“You’re going to need this” She passes one to SinB. Already used to wearing an apron, SinB gets it done in a second. 

Seeing Sojung is having a hard time t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter