Last First Love (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Touche” Yerin comes and elbow Sojung a bit, waking the taller girl up from her daydream

“Ouch” Sojung hisses “What are you talking about?” Sojung asks as she pretends to check out her tiny notebooks to see her next schedule after lunch

“Do you really think telepathy is real?” Sojung sees a smirk forming at the corner of Yerin’s lips

“I still don’t get what the hell you are talking about, Yerin” Sojung continues to ignore her best friend 

“Say someone who has been checking someone out since the last two weeks” Yerin takes a peek at the person Sojung is eyeing on

“I didn’t check anyone out” Sojung answers nonchalantly before taking a sip of her mixed berries drink

“Oh really?” Yerin acts surprised “Mind telling me since when do you enjoy hanging out at this cafe a few blocks away from our office during lunch hour? I thought the Kim Sojung I know always spend her lunch hour in her own office?”

“Well, I thought of trying out new things. It gets boring spending my time in the office” Sojung pauses a bit before she continues speaking “Life is too short for me not to enjoy exploring”

Yerin lets out a chuckles “Glad that you know life is really short. But I can’t believe you’re dumb not to use your remaining lifespan wisely. Just imagine how it would be if you go and confess to her” Yerin points her finger towards the said person but Sojung quickly slaps it away

“And you don’t know how I wish, I were you” Sojung release a deep sigh, she sounds disappointed with her own self

“Technically, anyone can be me. You just need to be brave and makes the first move” 

How Sojung wish, she can be like Yerin. It is sooo easy for her friend to confess to anyone she likes. Perhaps, because of how cheerful and easygoing Yerin is, her confession is never a disappointment. Totally the opposite of Yerin, Sojung on the other hand, tend to be a bit awkward when it comes to confessing to the person she likes. Even before, with her past fling, Yerin is the one who ended up confessing for her. And maybe that’s why the relationship didn’t last long because her partner ended up falling for Yerin instead. Funny huh? But that’s the sad truth. 

One would think Sojung is a confident woman, well, being the CEO of her own beauty company, of course, she is. But her confidence level goes down to 0% when it comes to love. And when someone else’s confesses to her, Sojung panicked mode will automatically activated. 

So how did the said person they are talking about caught her eyes? 

Easy. 

Her arts did. 

*****

Sojung is accompanying her mom to a new art gallery her mom’s friend suggested. Well, her mom has always been in love with arts, growing up with a father who owns an art gallery, and later on falling in love with someone who also makes arts for a living, guess it shows how much arts means for her isn’t it. Her mom would always find any new art exhibitions every weekends to go to no matter how far they are and most of the time she will always come back home not empty handed. The arts she has been collecting and showcases in her house keep on changing every months and she will always donated the arts she bought to schools and rehabs places. 

Perhaps, it passes down to Sojung as well, loving arts, that is. Sojung found herself enjoying doing what her mom is doing too and that’s why she will always try to find some times to accompany her mom to visit new art gallery no matter how busy she is.

Walking inside the art gallery, Sojung feels a different vibe this time around. Something she never feels when she went to the other galleries. The art style is different from the others, the way the owner showcase her arts are also something Sojung never see before. Abstract but in the most abstract kind of way one would ever see.

Sojung is lucky because she arrived just on time for the live showcase where the artist will show how her arts come to life.

A big white canvas, on a spinning top, and a square bucket hanging from the ceiling with combination of paints filling it in, one may wonder, can arts be born from such set up? 

Sojung doesn’t have a proper view of the artist from her place since the artist is back facing her, even when the artist is moving around, Sojung eyes are fixed onto the canvas that is now no longer white in color. She finds it amazing how the artist makes it seems so easy for such art to be made, you know, spinning the canvas non stop, and filling in the bucket with paints of different colors, spilling the paint everytime the artist lets the bucket to swing over the canvas, everyone can do it, right? Yes, of course, everyone can, but the outcome won’t be the same. It would be a mess if Sojung were to do it, but the artist, turns it into a masterpiece. 

A masterpiece that Sojung fall in love with.

Sojung only get a proper look of the artist at a distance when the latter has a conversation with Sojung’s mother. Well, her mom decides to buy quite a number of the arts that are up for sale despite knowing that there are many more waiting for her back at home. And to show her gratitudes, perhaps that’s why the artist, who now Sojung knows her name is Hwang Eunbi, comes out to greet her mother personally. 

Her smile is quite charming, in Sojung’s eyes, she thinks. 

*****

“You know that someone is eyeing on you right?” Yuna suddenly breaks the silence between her and SinB. 

SinB who’s playing around with her sketchbook puts down her pen and looks at Yuna briefly as she answers “Yes, I know” before resuming her sketch

Yuna almost chocked on her drinks when she heard what SinB just says “And you don’t find it creepy?” Yuna is left aghast 

“Nope. Not at all” SinB answers and a curve is forming at the end of her lips

“Seriously, Hwang?”

“Yes, Yuna. Why would I?” SinB closes her sketchbook, as she rests her back against the chair, giving her full attention to her friend who is still dumbfounded with the answers she’s gotten 

“Why would you?! She’s a stranger, SinB. And she can be a stalker, who knows?” Yuna raises her voice a bit only to tone it down when she remembers where she’s currently at

SinB finally lets out her laughter before she says “She’s not a stranger, Yuna. I know who she is”

“Wait, how did you know her?”

“She came to my gallery with her mother a few weeks ago”

“Okay so you know who she is and it seems like she knows who you are, why don’t you two just, I don’t know, get a table and talk to each other??” 

“Well, the thing is, I don’t think she knows that I know her” SinB steals a glance towards the said person before quickly moving her gazes away when she realized that the latter is looking at her. She tries to hide her smile when she remembers how the other is behaving the same way as she was when she came to her gallery the other day. The other girl always keeps her distance, just like at the art gallery when SinB was talking to her mother but from the corner of her eyes, SinB knows that the girl had her eyes on her. And so does she.

*****

An hour till the closing time, SinB walks throughout her art gallery, a habit she always does ever since she opened her gallery a few months ago, her way of ending her night by appreciating her own self for coming this far after all the struggles she faced in the past. It’s not easy, convincing her parents to allow her to change her major back in university, from someone who is supposed to go to the medical pathway following the footsteps of her parents and her elder brother, but suddenly decided to follow what her heart truly wanted.

There are still a few people inside the gallery, and SinB decides to personally greets them to say thank you for showing their loves to the arts she made but when she sees this one particular person, her steps suddenly freeze. She knows that this might be the only chance she’s gonna get to finally talk to the person, but her heart is throbbing and she is suddenly at lost of words. At first she’s planning to just walk pass by the person but remembering what Yuna told her the other day, SinB braces herself and starts to make her way towards the other who’s immersed in her own world.

“Hi...” 

The other person is startled by SinB sudden greets that she takes a few steps back, almost letting out a scream. Only when she realizes that SinB is the one who greets her, she says “Hello...” and returns the smile she’s gotten.

“Liking that art?” SinB points towards the art that resembles the starry sky. 

The other person nods “But it looks different from the other arts you made though” She says

“Ahhhh...” SinB looks around, scanning the arts at the area “This is one of the earliest art that I made before I decided to fully focus my career in this field. That time I haven’t learned a lot of new techniques still” 

“No wonder it looks different but it is still amazing” SinB is embarrassed with the compliment she gets that her cheeks almost turning red.

“What makes you come here tonight?” SinB continues the conversation just because she enjoys listening to the soothing voice of the other’s

“I’m waiting for my friend to pick me up and I saw that your gallery is still open, so I decided to come by for a while” 

“Is your friend arriving anytime soon? The gallery is about to close in another 10 minutes though” 

“Well, she should. But even if she doesn’t, I can always go home by myself” 

“You know, I can give you a-” But before SinB could finish her sentence, the other person’s phone rings 

“Speaks of the devil” She forms a smile on her lips looking at the caller ID before she picks it up “You are here? Alright, I’m coming” She ends the phone calls “I’m sorry, but you are saying?” She asks SinB to finish what she wants to say before the call interrupts them just then 

“Nothing. Is your friend waiting for you outside already?”

“Yes, she is” The other person nods “I better get going then” She bows a bit  “I really enjoy all of your arts though. Looking forward for more!” She says with a lovely smile plastered on her lips before making her way out of the gallery

“Maybe next time Hwang Eunbi, maybe next time”

*****

Sojung just got back from her board meeting. When she steps inside the elevator, her heart almost stop beating when her eyes landed on the other’s who is just as surprised as her.

“You work here?” The other person asks when the elevator’s door closes

“Yes, I am” Sojung looks at the latter briefly before moving her gaze back to the front “And what are you doing here?” 

“Art delivery” The latter shows the big square item wraps inside a brown paper right next to her. But before Sojung could ask who’s the art for, the elevator arrives at her office floor. And much to their surprise, both of them exit on the same floor.

“Miss Sojung!” Someone immediately calls her name out from afar. It’s from her secretary who’s walking towards her in a hurry

“Your mom just called, she said someone name Hwang Eunbi is coming over to deliver something for you” 

Hearing her name suddenly being called out, SinB introduces herself, finally

“Hey, hi. That would be me” SinB waves towards the two who turn themselves around to face her at the same time “I guess this art is for you then, Miss Sojung” A sheepish smile plastered on SinB’s lips as she finally knows the name of the latter. Honestly, she doesn’t even know who ordered it since it’s her staffs who manage all the booking and delivery. And today she volunteered to do the delivery because her staffs are occupied with much more important task for the gallery, and perhaps she has chosen the right day to help out after all. If you ask if she knows beforehand that the delivery is for Sojung, the answer is no. All that her staff tells her is to deliver the art here and that the staff here will let her know who the art is for.

“Mom” Sojung mutters as she shakes her head in disbelief “Thanks Mia. I’ll take it from here then” Her secretary excuses herself afterwards. 

“Let me show you the way to my office then, Miss Eunbi” Sojung takes a step forward towards her office before suddenly making a rush stop “or would you like to me to call you SinB instead?” She turns herself around to face SinB who almost bumps onto her

“Call me Eunbi would be nice. Without the miss”

“Eunbi... I can get used of calling you that” Sojung flashes a smile to the latter “And you can just call me Sojung then” 

“Ahh... That’s a bummer” SinB sounds disappointed 

“I’m s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter