Lies & Us Pt. 1 (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m tired…” SinB says to her best-friend, Eunseo, as she takes a sit on the sofa inside the dance practice room. The rest of her dance crews have just left after practicing for 10 hours since the morning for their upcoming tour with one of Korea legendary duo, Choi Yuna and Jung Eunbi, that’s about to happen in 2 months. Though 2 months seem far away, but SinB ain’t gonna wait till the clocks run out before they started everything. She has her own reputation to take care off and never once she failed any of the projects given to her ever since she started her dance company 5 years ago.

But somehow, today, everything doesn’t seem right to her.

“Tired of what?” Eunseo asks, passing a bottle of water to SinB, reminding the latter to stay hydrated. SinB takes a sip of the drink before giving her answer

“My life. My company. Dance” SinB’s voice becomes lower and lower “Everything…” to the point she’s almost whispering.

“Why so sudden though? The last time I heard you said things similar to this was when we both were in high school” Eunseo sounds surprise. Well, of course she is. It has been years since she last saw her best-friend being this gloomy and for the past 5 years, ever since SinB started this dance company, never once she heard SinB complains almost about anything. Something must have trigger SinB to the point she looks so down today.

“Nothing. I just feel tired with the things I do. Not that I hate it, it’s just, I feel tired for doing it non-stop, one thing after another. I love it when I dance, I do, but today, I think I did it pretty badly though” SinB confessed.

To be honest, she isn’t really sure why she feels that way either. Of course, something triggers it but when she thinks again, perhaps, maybe that’s what she really feels and the triggers only make it worse “Do you think it’s wrong to feel that way?” SinB lands her eyes towards Eunseo, waiting earnestly for an answer that could at least help her feel better.

“I don’t think it’s wrong, Eunbi. Besides, we are all human, aren’t we?” Eunseo returns SinB’s gaze with a smile. She knows SinB too well that even simple words can help SinB to be on her right state of mind and emotion “You have been running for the past 5 years non-stop just to get you and your company to this point. Feeling tired with what we do isn’t something that occurs only to you, even those who have been in their respective field, be it for 20, 50 years even, at one point of their life, I’m sure they face the same situation as you. Feeling something that comes out of the blue. So, don’t feel bad about it” Eunseo gently pat SinB’s back, assuring the latter that what she’s feeling right now is normal.

“On a scale of 1 to 10, how doom do you think we would be if I disappear for a few days?” SinB blurts out the sudden question from that almost catch Eunseo off guards. Eunseo ponders for a while before answering

“I would say 4 for the tour preparation, 10 if you didn’t, but probably infinity for that one person?” Eunseo chuckles feeling amuse by her own answer “4 for the tour because you have already taught all of the choreographies, me and Chungha would be able to take over perfecting the crews for a while when you are not here. 10 if you didn’t disappear and get yourself back in the game because when you are not at your right state of mind, you’re gonna bring the whole crews down with you. We all know how grumpy you can be when you’re moody” Just Eunseo being the her straight-forward self because she knows SinB isn’t the type to feel offended that easily, especially with her “And we all know why infinity is my answer for that person”

Hearing Eunseo’s final answer, they both burst out a laughter when their eyes met, knowing perfectly what’s in each other’s mind at that moment.

“Say, do you think you can handle it?”

“Handle who?” Eunseo raises one of her eyebrow “That person?” and SinB nods as her answer

“Well, nothing that me and Chungha can’t handle especially that person. Can’t wait to annoy her though” Eunseo gives out a naughty playful smile as ideas running around in her head.

“I know I can count on you” A sense of relieve takes over her feelings knowing that she has someone she can trust when she’s gone.

“So when and where are you planning on going?”

“I’ll leave the day after tomorrow. As for the where, do you still remember the secret hideout I told you last time?” Eunseo nods “I might be going there though” SinB continues.

“Alright then. Let’s just do your very best tomorrow before you leave. I’ll come up with something to cover you up for a while” They ended their conversations and packing their stuff before heading back to their home.

 

 

 “Umji yaa” Sojung calls out her little sister while she finishes up restocking the croissants that just come out fresh from the ovens at the display counter.

“Yes unnie?” Umji comes out from the kitchen as soon as she hears the call from Sojung.

“Can you take over my place for a while? Or are you guys busy in the kitchen?”

“Nahh, I can cover you up. Eunwoo is currently finishing up our last batch of oreo cheesecake and he can do it alone. Where are you going anyway?” Umji asks as she changes her apron to a new one that is much more presentable to be wear since the one she’s currently wearing is full with flours stain all over.

“Namjoon forgot his music notes. I don’t know how it ended up in my bag instead of his” Sojung shows Umji the file that contain pieces of music sheets that she found inside her bag this morning and too bad Namjoon has already left the house when she realizes it “and his class is in another hour, so he asks me to help him out. Why do I have such a forgetful twin, erghhh” Sojung grunts while she gets herself ready, taking off her apron and hangs it at the back of the chair over the counter.

“And he’s still your twin and my brother. There’s nothing we both can do about that, don’t we?” Umji chuckles feeling amuses by her sister’s behavior

“I know. He should be glad that I still love him no matter how much he annoys me” Sojung says, slinging her bag across her shoulder “I’ll be back in an hour. Ring me if anything happens!” Sojung shouts as she heads herself outside “And Somi yahh! Stop daydreaming and give Umji a hand will you?” Sojung manages to awaken her part time employee from her never-ending daydreaming who also happens to be Umji best-friend to which the latter only grins as her responds.

The rains just stop so the pavements are wet with pools of water everywhere. Sojung walks cautiously towards the bus stop that’s situated a few shops away from her café not wanting to get her shoes wet. There’s no one at the bus stop when she arrives and she looks at the watch, it’s 10 in the morning which means the bus will arrives at any minute now and so she waits outside at the open area closer to the road.

When Sojung is browsing through her bag and isn’t paying attention to the cars on the road, a splash of water hits her and causes her shoes and the bottom parts of her pants drenched in wet that leaves her shock and dumbfounded because of how sudden it all happens. Only a few seconds ago she told herself to be careful not wanting to get herself wet and look at what happen a few seconds after. Sojung quickly checks Namjoon’s music notes making sure that they aren’t ruined and she feels glad that they are okay or else her twin won’t stop annoying her as his revenge.

And that’s when she sees a shadow of a car appears right in front of her.

“Are you okay miss?” The driver asks Sojung with a concern voice.

“Do I look okay to you?” Sojung answers sarcastically as she points her finger towards her shoes and her wet pants.

“Look, I’m sorry. I’m new here and I was looking around for a shop someone recommended me so I didn’t pay attention to the road that much and I didn’t see that pool of water as well. If I did, I would have already avoided it” The driver explains “I really am sorry though. Where are you going by the way? I can drive you there”

“Well, next time pay more attention, will you?” Sojung replies and she sounds annoyed “And I don’t ride with a stranger, so I gladly decline your offer. Goodbye!” Sojung ended their conversation, and she decides to head back to the café to change her pants and her shoes. Luckily, she always prepares extra pair of her clothes and she has her sport shoes that she always leaves there in case if she wanted to go out for a jog in the evening, so those really come in handy at time like this.

When she walks into her café, Umji and Somi who’s having a conversation at the counter look confound because of how fast Sojung comes back, and it has only been 10 minutes since they last say goodbye.

“Did you go there by formula 1 car, unnie?” Somi blurts out a random nonsense question

“Well, unfortunately, no. More like a formula 1 car race on the road, hits the pool of water and makes me looks like I just take a shower?” Sojung walks towards their small office located at the corner of their kitchen, takes her new clothes out and heads to the ladies to changer her clothes. When she’s done, she gets ready to head outside again.

“What happened?” Umji asks as soon as she sees Sojung coming out from the kitchen

“Ergh, someone just makes me pisses off this early in the morning. Now I had to change my pant and my shoes, not to mention I missed the bus. I don’t know if I can get the music sheets to Namjoon before his class or not” It irks her when she remembered the sudden incident

“Emm, maybe that someone didn’t mean to do that to you unnie” Umji tries to calm her sister down

“And how would you know that?” Sojung asks, crossing her arms. Umji points towards the outside of their café, where all three of them could clearly see a person wearing an all-black outfits from top to bottom, is leaning against their café’s window, waiting for someone.  

“Erghhhh” Sojung growns “What is she doing here?”

“For a cup of coffee, a vanilla muffin, a glazed donut and a chocolate croissant” Somi blatantly answers to which she’s gotten a glare from Sojung for not being able to catch Sojung’s sarcasm.

“You better hurry up unnie, Namjoon’s oppa class is in 30 minutes” Umji points at the clock reminding Sojung about her original task. Sojung takes a deep breath before making her way out for the second time of the day and she hopes she could catch a taxi since the next bus will be arriving only in another 30 minutes and there’s absolutely no way she’s gonna arrive at Namjoon’s studio right on time if she waits for the bus.

As soon as she steps outside, Sojung immediately takes a left turn, avoiding the stranger who’s still there waiting for her. But of course, there’s no way she could avoid the latter and in no time, the stranger is already walking right next to her.

“I know you’re still mad, and I’m really sorry though” The stranger still hasn’t given up, perhaps she really is sorry, Sojung thinks “Here, the barista told me that you like your coffee black, double shot, with no sugar and she also said you haven’t eaten your breakfast, so I bought you a muffin, a donut and a croissant” The stranger says as she quickly exchanges possession of the coffee and the foods to Sojung who doesn’t get a chance to refuse to because of how fast the latter does it.

“And my offer is still open. You seem like you’re in a hurry, so let me drive you to wherever you’re going but you need to show me the way since I’m new here” Much to Sojung surprise, the directions she took just now is directing her towards the stranger’s car, and now they are only 2 steps away from it.

“Fine. I’ll take your offer just because I’m really in a hurry and just so you know, I’m still mad at you even after we’ve arrived at the destination” Sojung makes up her mind and decides to accept the offer because the clock is ticking and she knows Namjoon is waiting for her to arrive soon.

“That’s the least I can do for the mess I did” The stranger walks towards her car and open the door at the co-driver side, signaling Sojung to get into the car.

On their way to the destination, the stranger tries to initiate a conversation with Sojung just to ease off the tension that’s building up in the car.

“What’s your name?”

“Why do you want to know?” Sojung’s reply with a derisive face.

“Am I not allowed to ask?” The stranger takes a short glance to Sojung before fixing her eyes back on the road

“You ain’t getting any answer for that from me, that’s for sure” A wry grin makes its way to Sojung’s lips. Upon hearing Sojung’s reply, the stranger hits out a small chuckle and a cunning smile slowly takes over.

“What?” Seeing the changes in the stranger’s expression irks Sojung much more than before

“What about what?” The stranger tries to act nonchalant

“That smile”

“Why? Is my smile that attractive?” The stranger starts to be mischief.

“Do you really have to be this annoying?” Yet Sojung doesn’t find it entertaining, not even for one bit.

“I’m sorry for being an annoying person to you ever since this morning, but your reactions amuse me” The corner of the stranger’s lips raises a bit.

“Another word from you, I’m getting out of this car” Sojung threatens, not finding the situation amusing at all. And for the rest of the car ride, none of the two let out any single sound from their mouth.

 

 

When they arrive at Namjoon’s studio, he’s already waiting for Sojung anxiously outside, walking back and forth, so when the stranger parks her car, Sojung quickly gets out from the car and runs towards her twin with the music notes in her hand.

“Kim Namjoon! I swear, if this happen again in the future, I’ll beat your for it” Sojung flicks her twin’s forehead before passing the music notes to him.

“My life saver. I’ll treat you to good foods later. I promise!” Namjoon lets out a cheeky grin before giving Sojung a quick hug for helping him out, and that’s when he realizes that he has never see the car that Sojung is riding in before and he doesn’t recognize the driver either.

“And by the way, who’s that?” He points towards the car with his pouty mouth and a curious look.

“Long story. I’ll tell you later. Now go, your students are waiting for you” Sojung pushes his brother towards the inside of his studio, not wanting to entertain him any further and plus she has to go back to the café soon before it gets hectic during lunch time that’s in another 45 minutes.

“Fineeeee. I’ll see you and Umji at home later today! Thanks again for this Sojung! Love you!” Namjoon run backwards towards the room where his students are waiting for him while he gives tons of heart gestures to Sojung which causes the both of them to chuckle. When Namjoon is out of her sight, Sojung heads outside towards the stranger who’s still there, waiting for her inside the car. But instead of walking towards the co-driver side, Sojung goes towards the driver side and asks the stranger to roll her window down.

“Thank you for the ride and you’re forgiven. I’ll be taking the bus home now” Sojung says straight to the point, only giving the stranger a tiny smile for a short second, before excusing herself and walks towards the bus stop that’s a few blocks away from her.

“Wait!” The stranger shouts as she gets out of her car and walks towards Sojung who’s putting a halt on her steps. 

“Are we really doing this again?” The stranger asks when she’s finally standing in front of Sojung

“Do what?”

“Both of us being stubborn?”

“It’s in my blood”

“Look, let me drive you back to the café since I’m heading towards that direction anyway”

“Thanks, but no thanks. You’ve help me enough. Plus, no mean to offense you, but I feel much more comfortable riding the bus home. I’ve forgive you, alright? So, we’re equal now”

“Wait – ” But before the stranger could finishes her sentence, Sojung cuts her out. The sight of the bus incoming saved Sojung from having to deal with the stranger any further.

“The bus is here. I’ll better keep going. Thanks again!” Sojung quickly ends their conversation before running towards the bus that has just arrived, leaving the stranger alone.

During her ride home, while looking at the outside enjoying the view, Sojung unconsciously forms a tiny smile on her lips when she remembers what happened this morning and how slightly amusing the stranger’s behavior is to her especially during the time the stranger kept on saying how sorry she is, and all the unexpected things she did just to get Sojung to forgive her. Sojung has always been quite skeptical to the people who come from the city, because she has met tons of city people who lack in manners, but the stranger might be an exception. Would she ever be sure about it? Maybe yes, maybe no, I guess we have to see what happen the next time they bump onto each other.

 

 

Later that night, SinB has a video call with Eunseo.

“The practice just ended?” SinB asks once Eunseo picks up her call.

“Nahh. It ended an hour ago. Me and Chungha stay back for a while, but she went home 5 minutes ago” Eunseo answers as she rests her back against the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter