Lies & Us Pt. 2 (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day when SinB decides to stop by Sojung’s café after taking her morning walk, her phone rings. And when she looks at the caller ID, it’s from Eunseo.

“Yow? What’s with the sudden call so early in the morning?” SinB asks as she feels weird getting a phone call at 8 in the morning from Eunseo, well, her best-friend isn’t the type to wake up that early and as far as she remembers, their practice for today starts at 10 and Eunseo usually wakes up 30 minutes before since her house isn’t that far from the dance studio.

“Hwang Eunbi! Thank God you pick up. Where are you by the way?” Eunseo sounds urgent

“Relax Eunseo. It’s still early in the morning, you need to chill out a bit” SinB tries to calm Eunseo down, it’s too early to sound this hurry in the morning “I’m on my way to Sojung’s café. In fact, I’m only a few blocks away from hers now. Why?”

“Do not take another step forward, Hwang. Don’t” Eunseo warns SinB “Wherever you are right now, stop and take a u-turn. Do not go to Sojung’s café. Don’t” Eunseo raises her voice a bit more and she sounds firm.

“And why should I? It’s not like I’m planning on confessing to her or something?” SinB continues to walk towards Sojung’s café not bothered to follow Eunseo instruction.

“Wait, you wanted to confess to Sojung?”

“Yahh, Son Jooyeon. Back to your main purpose of calling me please. What just happened this morning?” SinB quickly changes the topic realizing she just had a slip of her tongue.

“Yerin…”

“Okay, what’s wrong with her?”

“She’s on her way there…”

“She what?! How? Did you tell her my where-about?”

“No, I didn’t tell anyone where you went. Eunha texted me while I was still sleeping saying that Yuju will be coming to the studio alone today because she’s accompanying her sister to the café you’re going. Apparently, according to what Eunha said in her message, someone saw you there yesterday and Yerin is going there to find out where you’re at”

“Oh s” SinB curses as soon as Eunseo finishes her explanations because right at that moment, SinB sees the black Mercedes she has always been trying to run away from whenever it arrives at her studio back in Seoul and she sees two familiar figures walking towards the café. Luckily SinB covers herself from top to bottom with her white Adidas cap, her oversize black sweater, wearing a mask and that she manages to hide herself behind a large tree just a few hundred meters away from them.

“Don’t tell me they are already there?”

“Too bad, they are. And I saw them walking in but they didn’t see me” SinB whispers.

“I think this would be a perfect time for you to come back here Eunbi” Eunseo gives her advise

“But, Sojung – I didn’t tell her who I really am yet and it’s not fair if she’s the one who has to face Yerin because of me” SinB hesitates whether she should go into the café or listen to Eunseo’s advise

“Hwang Eunbi. You can tell her who you really are later. But I think it’s better if you don’t go in now. Listen to me for once, Hwang. We all know how far Yerin would go”

Of course, she knows how far Yerin would go… She doesn’t know why the latter feels possessive when it comes to her. Not that they are a couple, they never were. SinB has never confessed to Yerin, why would she when she doesn’t have any feelings towards the latter at all? And because of how well she knows Yerin, SinB decides it’s better for her not to run away from the situation

“I call you back, Jooyeon-ah”

 

 

They have just open up the café, Somi is sweeping the floor, Umji has just turn on the coffee machine and is currently pouring the coffee bean into the grinder to be use later on, Sojung is in the kitchen helping Eunwoo to take out the fresh croissants out from the oven while the latter preparing a new batch to bake when Yerin and Eunha walks into the café.

“Good morning! Welcome to Zzan café” Somi greets the two with her bright smile but as soon as her eyes land on Eunha, Somi let out a tiny scream “Wait! Aren’t you Eunha?!”

“Oh, hi. Yes, I’m that Eunha. And good morning to you too” Being the cheerful self, Eunha greets her fan and returns the smile she’s gotten from Somi. But before Somi could say anything else, Yerin grabs Eunha’s hand and drags her towards the counter.

Umji who sees the incident, keeps her composure and wears a smile on her lips as she greets the two “Hi. Good morning. What can I get you this morning?” Umji asks politely

“Is there anyone with a name Kim Sojung here?” Yerin goes straight to her point of her being there. From what she knows, she was told that someone sees SinB with the person she’s looking for here, yesterday.

“Yes, she’s my sister. Anything that I can help you with?”

“I need to talk to her. It’s urgent” Yerin looks restless

“Oh, can I also get a caramel macchiato and a glazed donut please?” Eunha interrupts

“Jung Eunbi…” Yerin shoots a glare towards her little sister

“I’ll get you my sister miss…”

“Yerin. Jung Yerin”

“I’ll get you my sister miss Jung, and also the macchiato and a glazed donut for you, miss Eunha” Umji says before excusing herself into the kitchen. A few seconds later, she comes back with Sojung following her from behind.

“Anything that I can help you with, miss Jung Yerin?” Sojung puts out her hand waiting for Yerin to return her handshake. And as Sojung expects, Yerin ignores her friendly gestures as she crosses her arm instead and says “Someone told me that you are with SinB yesterday” giving Sojung a deadly gaze.

“SinB?” Sojung asks because she never know someone with that name before but it does sounds familiar somehow

“Yes, SinB. Look, you can stop pretending not knowing who SinB is. Right now, I only wanted to know where she is”

“I’m sorry Miss Jung. I really don’t know this SinB you’re talking about. Well, that name does ring a bell if that famous choreographer is the one you’re talking about and if she is, I’m really sorry because I really haven’t seen her around” Sojung is being honest. She knows a SinB doppelganger but SinB herself, it will be a miracle if she really does know someone as famous as the person this lady in front of her is looking for.

“Are we really going to play this game?” Yerin is already on her nerves

“I’m not starting any game here, Miss Yerin. I’m only telling you the truth which is I don’t know a person with the name of SinB here. And I’m sure a person as famous as her wouldn’t go unnoticed” Sojung isn’t going to back off anytime sooner. This isn’t the first time she faces such an arrogant customer.

“You’re really gonna keep on pretending after seeing this?” Yerin shows the photo of Sojung with SinB that her informer sent her yesterday.

“Well, too bad that person in the photo isn’t SinB though”

“Let me guess, she goes by the name of Eunbi?” Yerin gives a sly smile and her words catch the taller girl by surprise

“How – how did you know?”

“Of course, I know. Eunbi is SinB’s birth name that she rarely uses. And now we have that settled, tell me where can I find her” Yerin keeps the photo back into her handbag, waiting for the answer she has been waiting for from Sojung

“Even so, why should I tell you where she is?” Sojung chuckles while hiding her disappointment towards SinB for not telling the truth to her “Clearly she doesn’t want you to know about it, isn’t she?” And now she purposely wanted to get to Yerin’s nerves even more than ever

“She’s my girlfriend, now– ” And before Yerin is able to finish her sentence, someone cuts her

“Jung Yerin!”

“Well, look who’s here. I’ve been looking everywhere for you, SinB” Yerin smile as soon as she sees SinB walking towards them  “No, Hwang Eunbi” She corrects her words, leering her eyes to Sojung, purpose mocking the latter.

“We’ll settle this back in the studio” SinB lands her eyes towards Sojung for a second to which the latter averts. She wanted to explain the situation to Sojung but at the same time, SinB doesn’t want to keep Yerin there for long or else things will wreck in havoc and it will become the talk of the town if they don’t leave the place sooner. So, she grabs Yerin by her arms and forcefully drags her towards the Mercedes park outside and Eunha follows closely from behind.

Throughout the drive, whenever Yerin tries to say something or ask question pertaining to SinB hiding herself at the previous place, SinB will firmly reminds her that they will only talk about it when they arrive at her studio. Eunha who has only been an observer since the situation at the café tries to say something to ease the tension that’s building up in the car but only to be brought back to silence when SinB cuts her out “Eunha. No” before she could say anything.

 

 

Once they arrive at SinB dance studio, SinB parks the car at the designated space and leave the two behind as she makes her way into the building and goes straight into her office not even bother to say hello to Eunseo, Chungha and the rest of the dance crews who are already there, along with Yuju, having their dance practice. Eunseo who sees SinB walking in quickly run towards the latter but Eunha stops her before she could do that

“You don’t want to be in that mess. Trust me” And as soon as Eunha finishes her sentence, Yerin walks in and goes towards SinB’s office.

“Yeap, maybe I shouldn’t. Let’s just go back to practice” Eunseo agrees with Eunha’s idea and closes the door, heading back to her dance crew.

Meanwhile in SinB’s office…

“What makes you think that you can simply barge into someone’s life like that, Jung Yerin? Where’s your manners?!” SinB scolds Yerin as soon as the latter steps her foot inside SinB’s office

“Wow, someone blew off. Why are you being too protective towards the person you barely knew anyway?” Yerin glowers at SinB, feeling unsatisfied with the latter’s behavior

“It’s my choice to protect whoever I want. And knowing you, even if that person is a stranger, I would do the same thing” SinB stands firms on her action.

“I do what I had to do. You are the one who suddenly went missing and not telling us where you go. Do you know how worried I am?” Yerin walks towards SinB, trying to hold the latter’s hand in which SinB immediately avoids it by moving a few steps further away from her, signaling Yerin not to come any closer.

“I don’t care how worried you are when I went missing and I don’t even want to know. Can you stop being possessive towards me? We are not in any relationship for you to be this possessive, Jung Yerin”

“Wait, say that again? We’re not in a relationship?” Yerin couldn’t believe what she just heard coming out from SinB’s mouth.

“Yes, we aren’t. We. Are. Never. A. Thing” SinB lays it out words by words so that she makes it clear to Yerin about their status “If you think the way I treated you in front of my parents and your parents is because I have a feeling towards you, you better think again”

“So, all this time, you’re just pretending in front of them?” Yerin keeps on asking as she still couldn’t believe everything that she just heard. SinB release a deep sigh, trying to keep her composure, because she knows Yerin is purposely bombarding her with questions despite knowing that her stand is unchangeable.

“Can’t you see how different I treated you when we are with them and when we aren’t? I’m only being nice to you because my mom asked me too. Your mom tells her that you like me and being such a good friend to each other and the fact that your mom is always with my mom through ups and downs, she asks me to be nice to you, and so I did. And I don’t mind, for real, at first the very least. But you get the whole situation wrong and started acting like we’re partners when the fact that I’ve never confessed anything to you. And I’ve made it clear to my mom, that I will never be in a relationship with someone just because she feels indebted towards her friends and wanted to make her friends happy without even thinking about mine” SinB lets out all the truth that she has been hiding away from Yerin.

She pauses for a short while, taking a deep breath in between her sentences “And right now, I’m gonna make myself clear to you. Starting from today onwards, I don’t want to see you, ever again and stop hurting other people around me just because I feel comfortable being around them and how friendly I am towards them. Take my words seriously, Jung Yerin. The moment you landed a hand towards the people that I care because of what I said today, you’re one step closer in bringing your career down. Let’s not forget that people in this industry is already sick and tired of your attitude, so if you still don’t want to change and be just like your little sister who is thousands times better than you, I don’t know what else to say to you” SinB warns Yerin because it is needed.

“Fine, if this is what you want. I’ll get Eunha out from here as well”

“Well, be my guest. You can try but I doubt Eunha will listen to you. I knew her ever since kindergarten and she may look timid, but you haven’t seen your little sister went off like I have” SinB opens her office door, showing the exits to Yerin. Yerin let out a groan as she feels dejected and walks herself towards the practice room, calling out her little sister who is in the middle of the practice.

“Jung Eunbi! Let’s go. We’re going to terminate the contract” Yerin barges in and grabs her sister’s hand, dragging the latter out of the practice room. But halfway through, Eunha manages to escape her hand from Yerin’s possession causing the two of them to stop taking another step forward.

“No! I’m not gonna follow your order anymore, unnie” Eunha stands her grounds, and her voice is raises a little which caught everyone in the room by surprise except SinB who is casually leaning herself against the door, with a cunning smile on her face knowing perfectly where this will lead them to.

“What do you mean no? Look, Eunha, Yuju, we’re still more than a month away from the tour, there are other dance company that can do better than this place”

“Of course, there are, but I stand with my answer, and my answer is no. Look, unnie, I love you as my sister but you really gotta keep your personal and professional life separated. And you are not my manager, nor the owner of my agency, so the decision isn’t yours. Not mom’s either”

“Are you seriously going to embarrass me in front of all of these people?” Yerin’s ego is being torn apart by her little sister.

“I’m sorry unnie, but I might have just did it. If this makes you feel embarrassed, try to put yourself in my shoes and then you will know how I feel. I’ve build up my name from the bottom without your help, no one even know that I’m your little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter