Fate, Love & Pain (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did she just....” Eunseo who comes out from her hiding exchange look with SinB who seems stunned with what just happened “Rejected you??” 

Coming to her sense again, SinB cracks a smirk and answer nonchalantly “Yeah... She did” 

“So what you’re gonna do now?” 

“Gonna act like it never happened” 

“That’s it??” Eunseo raises her voice, a bit surprised with the answer she’s gotten, because it is so unlike the Hwang Eunbi she knows

“What do you expect me to do then?”

“I don’t know? Wait.. How about you chase her more? Or maybe you can do better to convince her that your feeling is genuine? Or maybe you can stop being so damn annoying?” Eunseo blurts out all of her thoughts that are running in her mind in which SinB choses to ignore and starts to walk away before Eunseo is able to finish her nagging 

“You, heyy, Hwang Eunbi! I’m not done yet!” Eunseo strikes forward towards SinB who is getting further and further away from her

“Save the nagging for yourself, Juyeon!” 

 

Not having the mood to do anything, as soon as SinB enters her studio, she throws her bag onto the floor, before she lie down on her bed releasing a huff immediately after. 

 

“Would you like to go out with me?” 

“I’m not interested in you, Hwang Eunbi”

 

A sudden flashback on the rejection she’s gotten from Sojung at the office just then. It’s not like this is her first time getting rejected - well, with Sojung it is - being a what other’s called as a playgirl, it shouldn’t hurt her, but this time, it did. It hurts her a lot. 

Does it means, she really really like Sojung then? 

Huh...

There’s always a first in everything...

*****

SinB is finalizing her artworks when she hears a ruckus coming over from Sojung’s office. All of the employees stop what they are doing and all of their eyes shifted towards Sojung’s office waiting for the drama to make its weekly debut outside of the room. Everyone knows what’s going on inside, pretty much the same drama that has been happening once every week at least, but sometimes it could be more than once, if they are lucky. 

“Go home, Eunha. I’m not gonna entertain your request” Sojung’s voice becomes clearer when the door finally opens. Not wanting to get scolded by Sojung, everyone’s eyes quickly diverted to their own works or laptop or whatever other than Sojung’s office, but they can already imagine the scene even by listening with their ears. 

“But you promise to bring me out for dinner last week” Eunha stomps her feet as she makes her way out of Sojung’s office, pouting.

“No, I didn’t promise you anything. Stop being delusional and spared your time for something better instead of coming here” Sojung grabs Eunha’s wrist as she drags the latter out of their main office.

 

“Hey, Juyeon” SinB calls her cube mate out who is playing around with her phone

“Do you think I should interrupt them now?” SinB takes a peek at Sojung’s office, her fingers keep on tapping her desk. 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” 

“I know it’s not but I think it’d be fun. Don’t you think?” 

“Fun for you, yes. For Sojung? No” 

SinB suddenly stands up from her seat 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Eunseo asks the moment she sees the sly smile forming on SinB’s lips 

“Something fun” And SinB headed towards Sojung’s office even after getting a warning from Eunseo.

“Yahh, Hwang Eunbi, waitttt” Eunseo hurriedly chase SinB, and stands in front of her trying to stop the latter from pursuing her plans “Did you forget what happened yesterday?”

“Which is??” SinB moves to her left and so does Eunseo

“She rejected you, remember??” Eunseo almost raises her voice but gladly, she didn’t 

“Oh. Yeah, I remember that part. And?”

“I thought you already gave up?”

“After giving it much thought last night, nope, I won’t. So if you please, step aside, Juyeon” SinB pushes Eunseo lightly, making herself a way to walk to Sojung’s office.

 

“Heyy, Miss Eunha, someone is waiting for you at the lobby” SinB suddenly interrupts their conversation, ignoring Sojung’s death stares 

“Who?” Eunha shifts her attention to SinB

“He doesn’t say who he is. But he did tell me that it’s something urgent”

“I’ll be back” Eunha says to Sojung “Where is he again?” She asks SinB

“Downstairs, at the lobby, the receptionist is with him. Eunseo will show you the way!”

SinB raises her voice so that Eunseo can hear her loud and clear. Baffled with the sudden call of her name, Eunseo even drops her phone on the floor when she stands up quickly to present herself to the three.  Exchanging gaze with SinB, Eunseo kinda gets what SinB is doing but phew, she has a lot to lie when they arrive at the lobby. Giving a death stare at SinB to which SinB just gives light squeezes and taps on Eunseo’s shoulder, the two make their way to the lobby giving SinB the chances to pull Sojung into her office and locks the door immediately.

“What do you think you are doing?” Sojung crosses her arms.

“Saving you from another headache. You’re welcome” SinB grins although deep inside she’s actually praying that Sojung won’t get mad like really mad at her for interrupting. 

“I thought I made myself clear yesterday, SinB” 

“Yeah, yes you did” 

“You don’t think that I’ll change my mind after what you did just now right?”

“Wait... You think I did this so that you’d date me?” Although that is one of the cases but hey, that’s now how Hwang Eunbi plays the game 

Sojung releases a chuckle before she answers “I won’t date you, ever. Not in a million years”

As SinB is about to respond, her phone suddenly beeps 

“She’s freakin angry right now and we’re on our way back to Sojung’s office” Eunseo texted her. SinB quickly closes the drapes and locks the door that almost causes Sojung to raises her voice only to be warn by SinB to keep her voice low

“She’s on her way back so stay silent, Sojung. Or else she’s not going away” SinB walks towards Sojung and whispers slowly. A few seconds later, knocks on the door can be heard. 

“Kim Sojung, are you in there??” 

“Why is your door lock?”

“Hello! You never lock the door before”

Eunha bombards them with tons of questions.

SinB takes out her phone to send a text to Eunseo hoping that she’ll be able to bring Eunha away from there the second time

“Tell her Sojung is out for an emergency meeting. Bring her out for a lunch or something. Go use this opportunity” 

“Are you kidding me? It’s not even lunch hour. Miss Sojung will kill me if I did” Eunseo replies to her 

“Don’t worry about Sojung. I got you covered. Now gooooooo. It’s not always you got to go out with your crush” 

“Fine. You owe me lunch”

Not long after that SinB gets a text from Eunseo telling her that Eunha is no longer there. SinB takes a peek through the closed drapes to check on the situation outside and when she’s sure that Eunha is not there, she opens back the drapes and unlock the door. Not giving the chance for Sojung to nag at her, SinB quickly bids her goodbye

“I’ll bring you out on a date with me for real later, Sojung” and she makes her way out of the office, leaving Sojung behind the close door, annoyed and confused.

*****

“So, how was your lunch date yesterday?” SinB who has just arrived at work asks Eunseo who arrived at the same time as hers

“Awkward as hell” Eunseo answers once they step inside the elevator 

“Well, at least you’re one step closer. Are you gonna thank me now or?” 

“Shut up” Eunseo hisses “I had to hear her non stop nagging you know”

“Ahh come on, you like her. Her voice gotta be like a music to your ear. And stop lying Juyeon, your eyes are certainly bad at it”

“Whatever, you still owe me lunch. And by the way, whose that flowers are for?” Eunseo who has been eyeing on the bouquet of flowers SinB is holding drops her question once they arrived at their office floor. This is definitely the first time she sees SinB holding one. And she doubts SinB bought it for herself. 

“You’ll know it soon” And just by looking at the smile forming on SinB’s lips that early in the morning, Eunseo can already guess whom the flowers are for. There can only be one person, no one else. Yeahh, you got that right. Their boss, Sojung, who else SinB is having a crush on right now 

“Hey, your flowers owner is here” Eunseo elbows SinB a little as she whispers to SinB who isn’t paying attention to the office surrounding, focusing too much on the flowers, somehow looking nervous as well. 

SinB quickly takes a peek towards Sojung’s office to see if Eunseo is teasing her or Sojung is really here. Swallowing her saliva as the answer is the latter, SinB grabs the flowers bouquet and lands a look at Eunseo, with the eyes that asks Eunseo to pray for her, before she makes her way towards Sojung’s office.

This time, after knocking once, Sojung’s responded 

“Who is it?” 

SinB opens the door a little to show her face 

“It’s me, Sojung. Can I come in?”

Sojung nods. Getting the permission to come in, SinB takes a deep breath before she walks inside, with her hands behind her back to hide the flowers.

“What do you want so early in the morning?” 

Sojung asks while she takes off her coats and hangs it behind her chair.

“And no, I’m not gonna go out on a date with you”

SinB scratches the back of her head a few times, taking another deep breath to find her lost words. 

“I’m not interested either Sojung. Am just here to give you these” She puts the bouquet of flowers she’s holding on top of Sojung’s table

“Thought that you might need a new one since the one in your vase are already dying” SinB points towards the wilted roses in the white glass vase at the corner of the table “Aite, that’s it. Have a good day ahead, Sojung” 

Not having the chance to say thanks since the latter is already out of her office, Sojung holds the bouquet of baby breath flowers that SinB just gave her. 

It reminded her, vaguely, on a certain someone that she knew when she was little, but face is unclear, voice disrupted, name seems to be long forgotten. If only she can remember...

*****

“Is Eunha mad at you?” Yerin who’s reviewing Sojung’s schedule for the day in Sojung’s office suddenly asks 

“That’s so random. I don’t know” Sojung shrugs “Why?”

“Hah it feels weird not seeing her for a week”

“Don’t jinxes it, Jung Yerin” Sojung warns.

Her days has been pretty much more calming and happier ever since Eunha stops coming over. Plus she doesn’t even remember when the last time she sees the latter, not until Yerin reminds her just then. But perhaps, Sojung’s life without a drama is really not her life to begin with, yeahh, you guess it right, Yerin just jinxed it.

“Hellooo” Eunha steps inside Sojung’s office without getting the permission 

“Oppss” Yerin lets out a grin, feeling bad that her words just ruined Sojung’s happiness. She quickly closes her notebook and headed out of the office towards her own cubicle.

“What do you want, Eunha?” Sojung’s voice is as cold as the ice, maybe even colder.

“A lunch date with you, is what I want” Eunha walks closer towards Sojung

“I’m sorry but I’m not available for lunch” Sojung grabs her coat and wears it. Taking her purse from the table, fixing her hair, before she makes her way out. Eunha follows her closely from behind. 

“You aren’t lying again, right Sojung?” And the drama began for the entire office to see.

“No. I’m not lying” Sojung stops and turns herself around “I have a lunch date already”

“Oh yeah? With who?” Eunha crosses her arms, trying to mock Sojung. She knows how bad Sojung is at lying. Her eyes don’t know how to hide it.

“Why do you need to know anyway?” Sojung doesn’t budge 

“Ahah, you’re lying, aren’t you? Still making some excuses to escape from me?” 

“Who says I’m lying? I’m really going out on a lunch date with someone” Sojung has to keep on trying to perfect her lies. Although of course, she doesn’t have any lunch date, not even planning to go out for a lunch either actually 

“So, with who?” Eunha keeps on asking although she knows, there’s no way Sojung will agree to go out with her, but it’s worth trying

“With me” A voice breaks the silence between the two “She’s going out with me” All eyes are on SinB who is walking towards the two.

“So, if you excuse me, Miss Eunha. I’m taking Sojung out for lunch” SinB lets out a smile, before she casually slips her fingers in between Sojung, holding them tight, as she walks the latter out of the office. She knows Sojung will be mad at her, she knows the entire office will not stop talking about it, she knows the consequences but she also knows, that’s the right thing for her to do at the moment, for someone that matters to her.

*****

“You really expect me to eat this food heavily packed with chemicals??”

It takes SinB a while to understand what Sojung is saying before she looks at the food both of them is holding

“Ahhh... You meant ramen?” She laughs “Come on. Don’t tell me you have never eaten one?” She asks before taking a big slurps of the seafood flavored ramen, her all time favorite.

She almost chokes herself when Sojung replies her with a “No” 

“Damnn, so do all rich kids only eat healthy food cooked by renowned chefs or what?” 

Getting that death stares from Sojung, SinB kinda able to guess that the answer is yes

“It ain’t gonna kill you if you eat it only this time. Try it, Sojung. I promise you, it tastes really good” Immediately after that, both of them hear someone’s stomach grumbles “Guess you got the signals you’ve been waiting for?” SinB teases her boss.

Sojung hesitates a little before she makes up her mind to try taking a bite of the instant ramen SinB bought her. One bite, two bites, three bites... From the corner of her eyes, SinB can see that Sojung is indulging herself with the so called food heavily packed with chemicals. 

 

“At least try not to make your cheesy smile that obvious, Hwang Eunbi” Eunseo interrupts her daydreaming with a fingers snap

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” She quickly open her tablet, exposing the draft artworks she’s been working on “Who’s smiling? Can’t you see I’m frowning over here?” She continues as she pretends to work on the artworks.

“Yeah right. Had a blast during your lunch date yesterday?”

Her cheeky smile begins to take over her lips once again

“Not really but better than nothing, although she scolded me a little”

“She did? What did you do?”

“Ahh... I served her food packed with chemicals”

Eunseo looks confuse 

“Ramen. I served her ramen” 

“Don’t tell me you didn’t know that our boss don’t eat those kind of food?”

“Am I the only one who really doesn’t know that?” 

“It seems like it” 

*****

“You aren’t gonna go home yet, Eunbi?” Eunseo asks as she packs her bag

“Nahhh, have a few things to finalize before the meeting tomorrow” She yawns a little 

“Meeting? What meeting?” Eunseo halts her movement trying to remember what meeting is going to be held tomorrow 

“Uhh nothing” SinB almost stutters “You should go now, your dinner date is waiting” She pushes her friend towards the exit

“What meeting? Am I involved? Yahh, Hwang Eunbi, what meetinggggg” Eunseo continues to bombard SinB

“You aren’t involve so now shuhhh” 

Finally catches what meeting SinB is referring to, Eunseo smiles goofily before she bids her goodbye and disappear from SinB’s sights 

And soon after that, one by one of her officemates leave, bidding their goodbye to each other, only SinB is left alone in the office. 

“Hello?” The voice that startled SinB. She almost drops her tablet onto the floor as she quickly stands up revealing herself to the other person

“Yes, Sojung?” 

“Huh? Why are you still here?” 

“Uhhh...” She scratches the back of her head a little “Finalizing some of the artworks for the new advertisement” She lies although not entirely “And you?”

“Just done signing all the documents for our next project”

“Ahh... You’re done for the day then?”

“Yes” She nods

“If that’s the case, would you like to go out for a night snacks with me?” 

“Don’t tell me it’ll be another round of chemicals packed food?” 

SinB lets out a large grin, putting her tablet inside her slings bag, switching off her table lamp, and she makes her way towards Sojung 

“If the chemicals packed food you are referring to is ramen, then the answer is no. So shall we?”

**

“I’m telling you, the combination of these 3 will makes you crave for more” SinB grabs a packet of seafood dumpling, seaweed and a string of cheese as she tries to convince Sojung to believe her. 

“What if they don’t?” Sojung asks, voice full of doubt 

“Well, if they do, you have to tell me one thing that you like about me” 

“And why are you so confident that I’ll like them?”

“I didn’t disappoint you with ramen the other day didn’t I? Nor does with the instant tteokbokki right? And let’s not forget about the convenience store sushi” 

SinB doesn’t allow Sojung to mutter a word as she quickly grabs two cans of milk yoghurt and walks towards the cashier. 

And as much as Sojung hates to admit, turns out eating the dumpling with cheese is really good. Well, guess cheese isn’t only good with pizza” 

“Told ya you gonna like it” SinB smiles proudly “So now you have to tell me one thing that you like about me”

“I’m telling you nothing” Sojung says as she tries to grab another dumpling 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter