A date with me (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“To my office obviously?”

“And you think I’m gonna let you go as simple as that?”

“What do you want exactly?”

“Go out on a date with me”

 

 

“Perfect. So, I accidentally stained someone tshirt and now I have to go out on a date with her?” Sojung throws her handbag onto the sofa and takes a sit, trying to calm herself down. Just when she’s about to slam her face with a small pillow, someone knocks on her door.

“Come in” She replies short “What do they want so early in the morning, I swear if it has something to do with that girl from this morning, I-” She monologues with herself

“What’s up with the door slamming and the scream unnie?” Luckily it’s just her little sister, Umji and her girlfriend who happened to be her bestfriend who’s also her employee, Yerin.

“Nothing” She sighs as she slams her face against the pillow and let out a small scream.

“Yeah right. Spilled it Sojung. We all know by now that your nothing always means 1000 different things” Yerin comes closer to Sojung and takes the pillow away.

“Let me guess, it has something to do with the girl from this morning? I heard our employees gossiping about the incident though” Umji tries to dig out the real story

“It has everything to do with that girl”

“What does she want? A new outfit?”

“Already settled that”

“A job?”

“Nope, she’s not interested in that”

“So, what does she wanted that make you so damn miserable this early?’

“Me”

“Me as in you?”

“Yes, me…She wants a date with me”

“And you said no?”

“Yes?”

Both Umji and Yerin say at the same time, but contradicted to each other’s

“Yerin, babe” Umji glares at her girlfriend

“What? What’s wrong with going out on a date with a stranger?”

“I can give you 1001 different answers with what can possibly go wrong with dating a stranger, choose a number”

“Aite, I almost forgot that my girlfriend can be quite too protective of her grown up sister but let’s not forget, that stranger wasn’t really a stranger to Sojung”

“And that stranger has a name, right Sojung? Let me recall, since I’ve been accompanying you to the café quite a few times, if I’m not mistaken, her name is Hwang Eun-”

“Shut it you two. I didn’t say yes” Umji smirks to her girlfriend as her sign of winning “And I didn’t say no either” Too bad her smile doesn’t last longer than 5 seconds.

“Yewon, honey, I love you but I also love your sister as her bestfriend. And I personally think she should go out on a date with the stranger whoever she is. Sojung has been spending most of her time for the company and she hasn’t got the chance to enjoy her own personal life like the two of us. She’s not getting any younger and it’s about time she goes out and perhaps find someone to love?” Yerin starts lecturing her lover.

“I can’t believe I’m gonna say this but… I kinda agree with what Yerin says, unnie. Maybe- urghh. Maybe you should go out on a date with her but bring Mingyu with you in case she tried to kidnap you or something”

“Nope, she’s going alone, just the two of them. Where’s the fun in having a bodyguard with them throughout the date?”

“Yahhh, I didn’t say I’m going” Sojung cuts the both of them out of their arguments

“Sojung-ah, listen to me, just go out and have fun, will you? Doesn’t mean that you have to keep on going out on a date with that person afterwards, but can you forget about your work and enjoy your precious life, for once?”

“And Yewon, babe, I don’t think I can convince her alone, so be my girl and help me please. Minus the bodyguard thingy”

“Why do I have such a workaholic sister and a crazy girlfriend. Urgh, fine. How about this unnie. If you go to the date, Yerin’s gonna clean up your room for one month. I’ll make sure she does that”

“Yes!” Sojung suddenly jumps up in joy.

“Baby!” Yerin shoots a glare at her girlfriend who is enjoying the situation

“Either that, or Mingyu is going with her” And Umji knows Yerin ain’t gonna agrees with the latter.

“Fine, I’ll clean up your room for a month” Yerin grunts “But you better enjoy the date like you never have before”

 

 

“Well, someone looks happy. That’s new. Where did your Monday tantrum goes?” SinB is humming to her favorite love song and smiling like a fool while cleaning up the café before they are open for business for the day when Eunha suddenly comes out of nowhere.

“Can’t you let me be happy for once?” SinB rolls her eyes as she speaks in an annoyed tone.

“Too bad that I can’t” Eunha sticks her tongue out teasing the latter “So, what’s the tea here?”

“Say, what did you and Yuju do during your first date?” SinB stops mopping the floor and asks

“Wait… Hwang Eunbi got a date? You? You got a date?!” Eunha gasps, feeling surprise by the unexpected unofficial confession from SinB, her friend that she least expected to go out on a date.

“Nevermind. I’ll ask Yuju instead later” SinB walks away not wanting to entertain Eunha’s teases, but Eunha quickly stands in front of SinB, preventing the latter from taking any step forward.

“Trust me, she would be the last person you wanna ask when it comes to dating someone. Did you forget where she brings me to during our anniversary? Hello? Rock climbing on our first date, really?”

“Right. So, you’re saying that when you take her out for a date at a hamburger shop is definitely better than that. How can I forget. Maybe I shouldn’t ask any of you any advises when it comes to dating someone” SinB grunts. She sometimes forgets that her two best-friends are hopeless when it comes to this, no wonder they both suit each other so well.

“Ergh, come on Hwang. Who’s that unlucky girl?” Eunha pleads, giving SinB her bunny eyes.

“Who says I’m dating someone?” SinB averts the shorter girl’s eyes

“Then why did you ask?” Eunha cutely pouts, still trying to dig the truth out from SinB’s mouth.

“For research” SinB answers nonchalantly.

“Yahhh, you are this close in losing your job. Luckily you’re my only best-friend and I’m used to getting annoyed by you”

“I know, I love you too” SinB can’t help but to tease Eunha for her cute reactions. When they are about to bicker, they hear the sound of someone clearing .

It’s Yuju. Eunha’s partner.

“I’m the only one who can love her. Take your love back for someone else will you” Yuju walks towards them and get Eunha into her hugs before landing a smooch on Eunha’s cheek.

“Go and get a room or something you two” SinB pretends to feel displease by the affections shown by her two best-friends.

“I heard almost everything, come on SinB, spill it” Yuju loosens her hug and shifts her attention towards SinB.

“Here’s the tea” The other two get closer to SinB, as their curiosity build up “There’s no tea to spill. End of story” SinB runs away while laughing at the two as soon as she finishes up her sentences. She decides to keep it as a secret for now and only gonna tell the two about it once her date is over.

 

 

It was finally the day for their date, and here SinB is, waiting for Sojung at the coffee shop nearby Sojung’s office, though herself isn’t sure if Sojung will come. But, hey, it’s still early to give up, right? SinB purposely sit at the corner of the café, right next to the window, facing the entrance, so that it will be easy for her to see if Sojung comes – if she ever will.

While waiting, SinB tries to distract herself from thinking about Sojung too much. Her eyes sometimes wander outside of the café, observing the road that is empty half an hour ago, but as time passes by, more and more moving objects fill up her sight. Getting bored, SinB takes out her sketchbook and began drawing whatever things that pop-up in her mind.  Halfway through, she looks at her watch and the clock struck at 10, which means she’s been sitting there for almost an hour. Noticing that she is out of her daily hot chocolate booster, SinB is about to get up from her sit to get another one, when a tall slender body stands in front of her, blocking her way. A sneaky smile creep on SinB’s lips when her eyes land on the person’s face, knowing that her wait, is truly worth it. 

“How long have you been waiting for me?” Sojung starts their conversation to remove her awkwardness.

“I’ve waited longer” SinB puts up a smile on her face

“Sorry. I couldn’t decide what to wear” Sojung explains as she bites her lower lips.

“I can see that” SinB tries her best to hold in her laughter but couldn’t when she accidentally let out a tiny chuckle in front of Sojung.

“Anything wrong with my outfit?” Sojung asks while she scans herself, looking at her outfits from top to bottom. What’s wrong with wearing a white shirt, black long-suit and black slacks? She wonders.

“You know that you’re going out on a date, like a normal date not an office-meeting- kind of date?” SinB asks, just wanted to reconfirm if Sojung knows what their plan for the day is.

“I know. But…this is the best outfit that I can find in my closet” Sojung confesses.

Hearing the confession, SinB wonders just how boring Sojung’s life must be if she says her best outfit is the typical office outfits. Although SinB has to admit, Sojung really looks good in it but she knows she gotta do something about it as well.

“Alright. Let’s go” SinB keeps her sketchbook in her sling bag before grabbing Sojung’s hand and heads outside.

“Wait, where are we going? And why are you holding my hand?” Sojung stops SinB from dragging her even further, and removes her hand from SinB’s possession.

“Out for our date obviously? And uh, sorry, this hand of mine can be out of control sometime” SinB grins when she realizes that she’s been holding Sojung’s hand on an impulse as she keeps her hand inside her pocket.

“I know that we’re going out for our date, but where?”

“Say, you’re gonna ask me that question everytime we go to someplace new? Because if you do, let me be honest. I don’t have a plan for our date today because I’m not sure if you’re gonna come or nope. But thanks to you, we’ve one place we definitely need to go before we head out to other places wherever it is” SinB turns around, and begin to take a step forward towards their first destination but Sojung manages to grab a hold of SinB’s arm, halting SinB’s from moving forward.

“You’re seriously no fun, Kim Sojung ssi” SinB turns herself around facing Sojung’s direction and takes a step closer to Sojung “We’re gonna find you a much better outfit for today’s date and if you’re about to ask me what’s wrong with your outfit again, I-“

“Ergh, fineeee. Stop teasing me will you” Sojung covers her ears, not wanting to be tease for her outfits once again, as she starts to lead their way.

When they arrive at the clothing store, SinB grabs different kind of clothes for Sojung to try, from the sky blue skinny jeans to the light brown khakis, the black off shoulder tops to the plain red tshirts and black leather jackets. Basically, SinB just takes whatever outfits that she comes across with, no matter which one Sojung chose to wear, it will definitely be better than the office outfit Sojung is wearing right now. SinB is willing to bet on it.

SinB waits for Sojung outside of the fitting room area and tells Sojung to come out when she decides which one she wanted to wear. It takes Sojung a whole 15 minutes before she finally come out from the fitting room and reveals the outfits of her choice to SinB who almost doze off at the sofa. Sojung in that white turtleneck tshirt with that brown trench coat in that light blue skinny jeans are definitely a sight SinB never thought of seeing. Sojung has always been beautiful and gorgeous in SinB’s eyes ever since she first landed her eyes on Sojung when she came to Eunha’s café a few months ago. But today, right now, at this moment, SinB wonders on how can someone’s beauty be too ethereal? 

“You’ve got to be kidding me if you say there’s something wrong with this outfit” Sojung breaks the awkward silence. She almost gives up in choosing what to wear for their date today. Not that she takes the date seriously but perhaps maybe she did? Seeing how unresponsive SinB is to her chosen outfit, frustrates Sojung for a little bit.  

“Wait, uh. Yes- Uh, I meant no. There’s nothing wrong with that outfit” Sojung who is walking back towards the fitting room suddenly make a stop when she hears what SinB just says to her that get her to smile “It’s just that you look way too good in it, way too good that my heart can’t handle” The words that got her heart flatters.

____________________________________________________________________________
 

 

“So, where are we going next for our date?”

“Anywhere particular you wanna go?”

And that’s how they both ends up at Coex aquarium right after. And honestly, SinB is kinda regretting asking the question to Sojung instead of deciding the next place for their date herself. Why?

You may ask?

Easy.

SinB is afraid of being underwater.

Well. Though she’s not really in the water, but due to the traumatic experience when she was a child, almost getting drowned in the sea, she would have been if her brother wasn’t nearby her when it happened. Being surrounded by the water that is slightly higher than her, and being in an aquarium that certainly makes she feels like she really is underwater, brings back all of her fear and trauma that her heart begins to quicken the pace and she begins to sweat. SinB even has to excuse herself to the ladies to calm herself down while Sojung goes to the counter to purchase the ticket. She stands in front of the vanity, looking at herself in the mirror, taking deep breaths in between while washing her face with the cold water, telling herself repetitively to get her mind to be normal and stop thinking nonsense.

When SinB gets back to the aquarium, she hesitates if she should proceed with their date or should she just run away and never to be seen in front of Sojung anymore – though the chances of Sojung not appearing in front of her is very low – but, running away from her fear would be better, right? SinB stands at the entrance for quite a while, staring blankly at those fishes in the fish tank being displayed at the entrance to attract people, her mind is almost empty and the only thing that’s running in it is her plan of running away from that place but Sojung beats her to it.

“SinB?” Sojung wakes SinB up from her day-dream “You okay there?” She asks, her face looks concern when she sees how pale SinB looks.

“Ahh- Uhh” SinB hesitates “I- uh…” The words are not coming up from “I’m- I’m okay” She manages to end her sentences after a few trials.

“Are you sure? You look pale and you certainly don’t look okay” Sojung bends herself down a little to get a better look at SinB who’s looking down at the floor “Look, if you aren’t feeling well, we can always cancel today’s date and do it some other time” Sojung continues, feeling worried for not getting any response from the latter. Sojung has always wanted to come here ever since the aquarium is open to the public, but often she is either too busy with her works or when she’s not, she doesn’t have anyone to accompany her. Of course, she’s a bit sad that she might not gonna have the chance to come here any sooner, but seeing how pale SinB looks, it’s not fair if she still insists on going inside.

Hearing how Sojung’s tone changes from bright to gloomier, and seeing the frustrated looks on Sojung’s face, SinB knows there’s only one thing she gotta do. It’s their first date, and it’s her who asks Sojung to choose their first date destination, surely, she doesn’t want to break the latter’s heart just because of her fear. Well, they won’t be in the aquarium for the whole day, so she just gotta toughen herself up for a few hours and everything will be over sooner or later, right…

“Nope, I’m definitely okay. In fact, I feel better now” SinB hides her fear with a smile, assuring the taller girl that she’s perfectly fine, perfectly faking her fineness “Let’s go in before it gets crowded” SinB grabs Sowon arm and walks the both of them towards the inside of the aquarium. 

So much of her “definitely okay and I feel better” SinB freezes when they are about to enter the deep-water area section. Not to mention the tunnels she has to go through to get there, with fishes and waters on top and at both of her side, her fears come back to haunt her just when she’s feeling much better. Sojung who is walking ahead of her doesn’t notice that SinB isn’t right next to her for a moment as she’s enjoying her childhood world. Only when she says something but not getting any respond from SinB, Sojung realizes that SinB isn’t anywhere near. So, she looks back and that’s when she sees the unmovable frozen statue of SinB who’s leaning herself against the wall with her eyes close.

Sojung walks towards SinB and stands in front of the latter hoping that SinB would notice that she’s there but minutes go by and SinB isn’t opening her eyes nor saying any single words.

“I was right when I said you aren’t okay” Sojung opens to get the latter’s attention.

Hearing Sojung’s voice, SinB lifts her head up, only to be greeted with the concern looks of Sojung’s, but she couldn’t say anything, too busy analyzing the situation she’s currently facing in her mind, too busy calming down her heart again.

Sojung takes SinB by her arm and walk towards the sofa nearby, telling the latter to take a sit right next to her, so that SinB feels much more comfortable to talk.

“Want to tell me what’s wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter