Forever is Never (WonB)

Gfriend Random Shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, SinB?” 

“Hmm?”

“Isn’t that her?”

SinB moves her gaze towards the sidewalk at the other side of the road, her eyes follow the direction the girl is walking. She doesn’t say anything, only a little nods is given as her answer 

“You don’t wanna say hi to her?”

“What for tho? She’s no longer a part of me, and I’m no longer hers” 

 

It , you know, falling out of love. It hurts when you think that everything will go well, you have everything planned out perfectly, but in the end, nothing happened as you wanted them to. She doesn’t know how their love life crumpled, no, scratch that, she knows why, but she doesn’t want to remember, because it hurts, so bad. 

 

As much as remembering the other person hurts her, she can’t seemed to forget how she first fall in love with the other, their first hello, their first date, their first kiss. And it . Because she still loves her. The reason why she moved here is because of her. It took her mom years to convince her to come back home but it only took that person a second to persuade her. How she wished she doesn’t listen to her.

 

*****

 

As she’s coming closer to the cafe Sojung is at, her heartbeats start to become irregular. The worse it becomes when she sees Sojung from outside of the cafe, and she immediately retreat from walking towards the entrance. SinB hides herself behind the wall but still allows her to take a peek inside the cafe through the clear windows. Seeing Sojung who’s sitting at the corner of the cafe, in her white red roses blouse, makes her heart throb even more. Smile quickly takes over her lips, when she realizes that she’s really finally meeting Sojung, seeing her eyes to eyes, getting to see the smile that never fail to melt her, hearing the voice, her favorite melody, for real this time. 

 

Knowing that she shouldn’t waste her time no more, SinB takes a deep breath before she makes her way inside the cafe.  And the deeper it gets when she’s only a few steps away from Sojung who seems nervous as well, stirring her drink non stop and at the same time, she keeps on checking her phone, probably waiting for the right time to give SinB a call. 

Standing behind Sojung, SinB covers the latter’s eyes with her hands, leaning her face closer to Sojung’s and whispers 

“Guess who?” 

And the way Sojung replies to her, makes her heart shivers. 

The first time their hands touch each other’s, when Sojung casually intertwines her fingers with hers, the first time their eyes found one another’s when Sojung turns herself around to face SinB with the loveliest smile Sojung ever gave her, this would be the moment, SinB wants to remember, forever.

“Hi there” 

SinB’s cheeks turn rosier. She quickly shoves the bouquet of baby breathe in front of Sojung’s face to hide her embarrassment. And when Sojung accepts it, SinB immediately rubs her cheeks that causes Sojung to release a tiny chuckle

“Are you gonna keep on standing there or?” Sojung asks while pointing towards the empty sit in front of her. SinB lets out a grins and she takes a sit while scratching the back of her head. She tried, of course, try to land her eyes on Sojung. From the corner of her eyes, SinB knows Sojung is looking at her dearly, with her hand supporting her chin, biting her lower lips, and her smile starts to turn goofy, as she finds SinB’s behavior amusing. 

“This reminds me to the first time we had our video call” Sojung pauses a bit “Remember when you covered half of your face with pillow the moment I pick up the call? You couldn’t even say a word back then” Sojung lets out her laughter, and finally feeling a bit at ease, SinB joins her 

“I did say a word, nope. Not a word. 3 words”

SinB defends herself

“Good Night, Sojung. Yeah, I remember. My favorite lullaby” 

And suddenly both of them are at lost of words, when their eyes met. Both couldn’t believe that they are really in front of one another. You know the feeling when you first fall in love? That’s how they feel right now, as if today is the first day they fall in love with each other.

“So, shall we?” SinB gains her courage to break the silence between the two “Let’s go out on our very first date” 

 

*****

 

Walking towards the car SinB rents, despite her nervousness and shyness, there’s one thing SinB wants to do the most and she used almost all of her courage to do it. The moment she slips her fingers in between Sojung’s and holding them tight, and when she sees the lovely smile that’s carved on Sojung’s lips, she knows, falling in love with the person right next to her, is the best thing that will ever happen to her. 

As they come closer to the car, SinB suddenly stopped herself from taking another step forward which brings Sojung to a stop as well. Perplexed with SinB’s sudden action, Sojung asks “What is it, Eunbi?”

It takes a few seconds before SinB gives her answer, an amusing one, for sure

“Nothing. I just don’t want to let go of your hand” Her thumb brushes against the back of Sojung’s hand she’s holding 

“Silly” Sojung chuckles “You can always hold my hand inside the car” She continues before she drags the bashful SinB with her towards the car. 

“Give me the flower” SinB says after she opens the door for Sojung to enter. When Sojung passes the flower to her, SinB opens the door to the passengers' side at the back, and she puts the flower inside the vase she has prepared beforehand. What causes Sojung to release her laughter is the way SinB sets up the vase, putting it in a box that the size is just perfect for the vase, not forgetting to put bubble wrap to fill in the empty spaces, what’s even funnier is the box is wearing the seatbelt. She knows SinB loves to think outside of the box, but sometimes she forgot that SinB’s ways of thinking can be absurd and funny most of the time. 

“We just met in less than an hour, but I keep on being reminded why I keep on falling in love with you, Eunbi” Sojung says the moment SinB enters the car

“What do you mean?” SinB asks as she started the engine

“You and your way of thinking” Sojung points towards the vase at the passenger seat behind her.

“Whaaaaat. You don’t think that’s romantic?” SinB puts on her seatbelt “You know, making sure your flowers stay alive before you bring them back home?” She tries to explain herself while changing the gear to drive mode

“It is romantic, Eunbi” Sojung lightly pinches the tips of SinB’s nose “So thank you, for being the most silly romanticist person I ever know” 

“You are welcome, sweetheart” SinB grabs Sojung’s hand and kisses the back of it before she intertwines their fingers once again “You said I can hold your hand, so no nagging, since I’m not gonna let it go till we arrive at our destination” 

“Not gonna complaint, but if you let it go, you have to grant me one wish when we arrived” Sojung replies with an unreadable smile

“It’s a deal” SinB seals their deal with another kiss on Sojung’s fingers before she starts driving towards their next destination 

 

*****

 

Realizing that SinB is slowing down the car, as she gives a right signal before she enters the empty parking slot right in front of a pink rose-colored building, Sojung looks at SinB, somewhat looking confused because she thought that they are going somewhere else you know like having a picnic since the weather is really lovely. 

“Where are we?” 

“Remember last time you told me you wanted to learn baking?”

Sojung nods. 

“Look at the name of the shop” SinB leans herself forward and points towards the shop sign board that Sojung had missed. 

“Sweet baking studio”

A smile forms on Sojung’s lips. She knows she told SinB about her interest to learn baking before but as far as she could remember, it has been at least a month since she last mention about it to SinB. It’s amaz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter