The Beginning

Artificial Soul

“So what do we got Solar”~Moonbyul asked as she got dressed.

 

“Just got a message from Dr. Wheein, well there is a way for us to find more information on her abduction”~Solar said while her eyes glowed

 

“And what is that”~Moonbyul said putting on her a plain white shirt

 

“Well, Dr. Wheein said that JooE’s synth had a neural chip but was completely fried. Worthless to try and plug into another synth, who wouldn’t be able to-to put it together, to make sense of it, but if plugged into me I could try make those connections manually. Which would allow us access to JooE’s synths memory.”~Solar said, pulling out a little memory card that looked burnt.

 

“Uh are you fine with doing that?”~Byul questioned

 

“Yes detective, it shouldn’t be hard to make the connections”~Solar stated

 

“Ok my terminal is over here”~Moonbyul said gesturing towards a computer in the her living room.

 

“Thank You detective”~Solar said as she sat down in front of the monitor. She flicked her wrist like a lighter making a wire pop out of it. She plugs herself into the terminal as Moonbyul’s login screen showed up. Byul ran up and typed in the password quickly trying to not letting Solar see it

 

“Your password is ‘Hamstar’, why is it that?”~Solar asked

 

“Shut it, just get to working”~Moonbyul said as she plugged the synth memory card into the terminal. The monitor lit up with many confusing lines of code. Solar’s eyes glowed blue when she began accessing information. The lines of code started disappearing as a new login screen now showed up, saying ‘JooE Login’.

 

“I can’t get past this, I don’t know the login”~Solar 

 

“Try ‘Nancy’ “~Moonbyul said as Solar nodded in response. The password was entered as the screen disappeared. 

 

“I’m in now, Accessing short-term memory now.”~Solar said as the screen shifted to a video screen. It showed the first person view of JooE’s Synth.

 

(Stand by. I’ll be back. ...coffee... sugar.~JooE said as screen began to be filled with static.)

 

“I lost video but I still got audio”~Solar said as the sounds continued to play. A car could be heard screeching to a halt in the background.

 

(Officer JooE. It’s good to see you again.~An unknown female voice began to say)

 

(Who the h*ll are you~JooE)

 

(A while ago, you logged something into evidence that doesn’t belong to you. You may remember it as case number 89. No? Well, your precinct has been kind enough to hold it in evidence, but we’re gonna get it back, and you’re gonna help us do it.~the voice said as a scuffle can be heard, then an explosion followed by a few gun shots and a manly voice.)

 

(Wait don’t leave me!!!!!!~Jackson yelled as a gun shot could be heard)

 

(A moment of silence happens before a bunch of shuffling is heard again. “Where’s officer JooE?! Where’s the rest of you?!”~Moonbyul)

 

“End of recording”~Solar said as her eyes returned to normal

 

“Evidence Locker!! JooE was trying to say that before she died”~Moonbyul shouted

 

“The data and information on case 89 was deleted but the physical evidence should still be there”~Solar said as Moonbyul’s phone rang.

 

“You got Moon, Hello?”~Moonbyul answered the phone

 

“It’s Wheein. We found out what happened to JooE”~Wheein said over the phone

 

“What is it Whee-pup”~Moonbyul

 

“So all police in the department are required to have mandatory implants designed in police labs for officers only. Those implants are meant to keep you gals safe. It also allows for use of police weaponry, police cruisers and such. We found ethanol in JooE’s blood, combined with a programmable substance. The gas targeted JooE’s implant directly. Poisoning her from the inside out, but if this gas were used on non-police officers it would have no effect”~Wheein 

 

“That’s why her body reacted in the way that it did. That’s why she died. Officer JooE was a test subject. Whoever we’re up against........”~Solar muttered as Moonbyul looked at her in unison.

 

“They’re targeting cops....”~Moonbyul said as the both of them rushed towards the car. They charged through the streets making their way towards the precinct. The duo parked on the side and rushed in as fast as they could. They ran through the hallways downstairs to the evidence room. Hwasa emerged behind them looking confused.

 

“Whats up with you two”~Hwasa

 

“We’ve got something they want. Look for evidence on case 89 Anh, we need to go into lockdown!”~Moonbyul said as Hwasa began helping

 

“We’ve got to go through every piece by hand. We don’t even know what we’re looking for.”~Hwasa said as Solar’s eyes glowed yellow.

 

“Detective! Commissioner! There are three unknown people on the roof!”~Solar yelled as Hwasa activated the emergency intercom.

 

“They’re on the roof! All officers on deck, now. Go, go, go, go, go!”~Hwasa’s voice boomed over through the precinct. The intercom was cut off as the same metallic voice from the JooE incident spoke.

 

“Lets turn your toys off officers”~The monotone voice said as the lights and monitors flickered. A large boom was heard as every synth fell over limp and lifeless.

 

“Do feel the air thickening”~The voice said as the ventilation began to start up.

 

“Evacuate building. Evacuate building. Theres poison in vents!!!!!”~Hwasa yelled over the intercom as many officers evacuated. 3 masked women in black charged through the precinct’s front door in the chaos shooting everyone in their way, slowly making their way towards the evidence room. 

 

“They detonated a localized electromagnetic pulse and started gassing the building”~Solar stated as she gave Hwasa and Moonbyul gas masks. 

 

“Why are they shutting down and not you?”~Moonbyul questioned pointing to the fallen synths

 

“I run on a kinetic generator, rather than electrical. Guess I’m not so outdated?”~Solar said, smiling as she continued her search. The evidence room door burst open as the three masked women in black enter aiming their rifles. Hwasa quickly opens her own evidence locker grabbing a grey ball and tossing it towards the 3 assailants. 

 

“Pulse grenade! Get down!”~Hwasa shouted at Byul and Solar. The ball detonated with a loud sound wave as soon as it hit the ground, causing everyone in the room to be blown to the floor. Solar got up and plugged herself into a nearby terminal.

 

“I gotta purge the gas”~Solar mumbled to herself while her eyes glowed blue. Byul got up and noticed one of the masked women running at Solar.

 

“Not on my watch!”~Byul screamed tackling her away

 

“You shouldn’t have come back Byul”~The woman said slowly pulling out a knife

 

“Who are you?”~Moonbyul

 

The woman swung up with the knife as Moonbyul dodged it. Byul continued to back up; the woman in black continued advancing.

 

Then Byul countered with a punch. In which the woman in black caught her arm, throwing Moonbyul over her shoulder. She quickly flipped her knife to her other hand going in for a stab. Byul caught the sharp blade as it punctured her mechanical hand. She smirked as she twisted her arm clockwise disarming the woman, following it up with a hard strike to the woman’s face. As Byul’s fist made contact with her face the mask shattered and the woman was sent sliding across the evidence room floor. 

 

“I got it!!!! Officers, the vents are dispersing the gas now”~Solar said over the radio as the vents away the gas. Officers began to storm back into the precinct with full force. Byul stood up, took off her gas mask, and yanked the knife from her hand. The woman slowly got up as her mask crumbled from her face. As their gazes met Byul gasped in horror at who it was.

 

“Momo?”~Moonbyul uttered as Momo tore off the rest of the broken disguise.

 

“Well nice to see you again unnie”~Momo said backing away slowly

 

“Why....... “~Moonbyul asked as she pulled out her gun

 

“Always so nosy Byul.........Just like Seulgi”~Momo said making Byul grit her teeth, listening to hundreds of police men and women upstairs

 

“You’re under arrest then”~Moonbyul commanded pointing her gun at Momo, making her put her hands behind her head

 

“Oh Byul, you’re so funny....”~Momo said drawing a small knife, throwing it at Moonbyul.

 

“Detective!”~Solar yelled as she ran in front of Byul catching the knife in her shoulder. Solar fell back clutching her arm as the wound showed torn wiring.

 

“Solar!!!”~Moonbyul yelled turning back towards Momo shooting 4 shots. The bullets sailed as Momo tried evading them. She flipped back dodging 2, but the other 2 struck her thigh.

 

“! You don’t know who your messing with Moon”~Momo said throwing down a smoke bomb, completely disappearing with the other two. The police searched the entire building for hours to no avail. Hwasa walked around talking to many other officers about the situation. Wheein began the long process of reactivating every synth manually. First things first though as Wheein took a few minutes to repair Solar. They finally found the evidence they were looking for. Inside the box was a synth data chip, nothing more. The chip was heavily locked with no way of opening it. 

 

“Commissioner Hwasa!”~Officer Nancy called out making Hwasa turn around.

 

“What is it Nancy”~Hwasa

 

“They took Jackson Wang, he’s gone M’am”~Nancy reported as Hwasa followed her. Solar finally made her way back to Byul after the whole incident, noticing the huge cut in her hand.

 

“Oh my! You’re injured! Who was that woman?”~Solar asked while she tended to Moonbyul’s wound.

 

“That was Momo, formerly Officer Momo”~Moonbyul said as Solar began spraying her hand with a layer of synthetic skin

 

“What did she want?”~Solar

 

“Don’t know, she and the rest of the Twice Unit disappeared after they were caught smuggling evidence”~Moonbyul said as Solar went vacant for a moment.

 

“We will find her, no matter what”~Solar said finishing the repair

 

“We have to, so no good officer will have to suffer again”~Moonbyul uttered, clutching her hand tight

 

“Yes we must find out why and how she did all this”~Solar 

 

“That was some quick thinking there though Solar”~Moonbyul said gesturing towards the vents.

 

“It was nothing, just trying to save lives”~Solar said playing with a strand of her hair

 

“Well I should thank you for saving mine”~Moonbyul said bowing her head down

 

“I should thank you detective for saving me”~Solar said bowing back

 

“Not necessary, and please, Call me Byul”~Moonbyul said as she gave Solar a small hug.