Is It Still Fake or Real?

I Fell In Love with My Butler

Dylan, who just finished taking a bath, just got out of his bathroom when his phone vibrated. He saw that his private investigator is calling him. He answered the call. "Hello, this is Prince Dylan.", he said.

 

"Young Master, I have something to tell you.", his private investigator said. "What is it?", he asked. "I'm afraid we won't be able to find Sun Sun's parents. I tried my best to find them, but the luck isn't with me this time.".

 

"Oh... Thank you for your hard work.", Dylan said then he ended the call. He gazed at the floor with a worried look. "How will I say this to her?", he asked in his thoughts.

 

---

 

Sunnee had just finished dressing up and was now preparing her things that she will be needing today. It was her last day as a girl, she needs to come back at the mansion as Sun Sun again so she won't be fired from her work. She was putting her things in her bag as she sings a song.

 

"I can't always predict the weather

So I keep missing the chance I'm waiting for

To say I love you whenever the rainbow appears

 

You must have understood my intentions

Know what I'm thinking of,

That's why you never rush home when it rains

 

If this still does not mean we have some kind of connection

At least it means we are intelligent enough

 

Not to ask why, not to say anything

We both know, understand, we have always been in love

There's no need to worry, no need to be afraid

We are both tired, sleepy,

Let's enter our dreams together holding hands."

 

That's what Dylan heard when he entered Butler Jin's house. He heard Sunnee singing, and he felt mesmerized at her voice. "Her voice is like a voice of an angel.", he thought as he smiled to himself. "Aiyo, what are you thinking Dylan? Focus!", he scolded himself.

 

"I didn't know you can sing.", Dylan said as he approached her. Upon hearing that, Sunnee turned to him with a surprise look on her face. "What the? You almost scared the living daylights of me!", she said to him. That only made him laugh.

 

"By the way, I have some bad news to tell you.", Dylan said as he stopped laughing. Sunnee looked at him nervously. "What is it?", she asked. "My private investigator said that he couldn't find your parents. He did all his ways and what he can, but...", he said.

 

Hearing that made Sunnee sad, but she smiled at him. "I understand. Thank you for trying to help me find them.", she said. He looked at her smiling, but he could see the sadness in her eyes. "How about we go to the night market later?", he asked, trying to change the topic so she won't be sad.

 

"But I have to go somewhere...", she said as she took her bag. "Where are you going?", he asked. "To the orphanage.", she said. Dylan gave her a confused look. "I used to work there when I wasn't working as a butler at your mansion yet.", she explained. "Ah, I see. Do you want me to take you there?", he asked.

 

Sunnee raised an eyebrow. "You're being nice today, huh? Are you on your period?", she asked. Dylan let out a chuckle. "I've always been nice. And I'm not a girl, and I don't want to be one. Now let's go.", he said as he grabbed her hand.

 

As soon as their hands touched, both of them felt a spark. Sunnee blushed at that, but she shrugged it off. The same goes for Dylan. Both of them remain in silent when they got on the motorcycle.

 

---

 

Chao Yue was in the kitchen of Xiong's Mansion when Cassandra noticed her. "What are you doing here, dear?", she asked. She turned to her with a smile. "I wanted to cook for Dylan.", she said.

 

Cassandra smiled at that. "Dylan likes pork steak.", she said. "Thank you, Your- Mom.", Chao Yue said with a smile. With that, Cassandra left the kitchen leaving Chao Yue alone.

 

---

 

Dylan and Sunne just got in Embertown's Orphanage. As soon as Sunnee entered the field, a group of three girls hugged her. "Nee jie jie!", they exclaimed. Sunnee smiled as she looked at the girls. "Aiyo, you guys missed me, huh?", she said in a cutesy voice.

 

Seeing that scene made Dylan smile. "I wonder if she'll treat our kids like that in the future.", he thought. He blushed at that. "Dylan, what are you thinking?! Stop daydreaming.", he scolded himself.

 

Then a lady in her 30's came up to them. "Aiyo, long time no see Sunnee! How have you been?", she said. Sunnee smiled and gave her a hug. "I'm okay, Pets jie.", she said. Then Pets saw Dylan, then looked back at Sunnee. "Who is he?", she asked.

 

"Oh, this is Dy- Dave. My friend.", Sunnee said. Pets looked at him and extended her hand. "Hi Dave, it's nice to meet you.", she said. Dylan shaked hands with her with a smile. "Hello.", he said politely.

 

"What brought you here, Nee?", Pets asked as she looked back at Sunnee. "I just wanted to visit you and the kinds. I've been feeling lonely lately.", she said. Pets smiled at her. "I see. Let me clean up first alright? These kids have been noisy and dirty lately.", she said. Sunnee nodded her head, then Pets left.

 

Dylan turned to her with a raised eyebrow, making her confused. "What?", she asked. "'Dave'? Really, Kitty?", he asked. "Hey, you're still on your disguise right? At least use another name.", she said.

 

Dylan stared at her, then flicked her forehead. "Ouch! What was that for?", she asked with a frown. "Nothing.", he said. She pouted at that.

 

After a while, Pets came back saying that the orphange is ready and neat. Dylan and Sunnee went in with her, with a lot of kids happily greeting them.

 

---

 

It was 6 pm when Sunnee finally decided to go. She and Dylan were now in front of the orphange, saying goodbye to Pets. "Thank you for visiting the kids.", she said as she bowed. Sunnee and Dylan bowed too. "I'll see you and the kids again.", she said.

 

They got on the motor and drove off. Soon, they reached the night market. They parked the motor and left. "So what do you want to eat?", Sunnee asked. "I want to eat... Gua Bao!", he said happily. "No drinks?" she asked. "A lemon juice would be fine.", he said.

 

"Alright.", Sunnee said as they both started to walk around the night market. When Sunnee found the Gua Bao stall, she mmediately went in line. "Six Gua Bao please.", she said. While she was buying it, Dylan was buying lemon juice for them.

 

When their order was served, they went to an empty bench near where they parked the motor. As they eat their gua bao, Dylan spoke. "You know, that's my first time seeing kids that happy.", he said.

 

"Don't be fooled by their laughs and smiles.", Sunnee said. "Why?", he asked. "Those kids tends to hide their sadness and pain. They're looking for a family that will love them.", she said. "How did you know?", he asked.

 

Sunnee looked up at the night sky and sighed. "Because I know how it feels like.", she said. Dylan went quiet after that. After they finished eating, he remembered her singing a song to the kids earlier.

 

"Hey, can you sing the song that you sung earlier?", Dylan asked. "Why?", she asked. "I just want to hear it again.", he said. Sunnee stared into the sky again as she started singing.

 

"Thinking of when I was young, before sleeping and after turning off the lights

I sneakily stayed awake with a light under the covers

Perhaps I would squint to read a book or a letter, and light up the universe

I flew across starry skies in my imagination

Fantasizing about all the different versions of me, going to every corner of the world

Stumbling around my imagination was no problem

When I tired myself out, I really fell into a dream

 

I fell down a lonely dark hole in my dreamscape

Where a beast lurked in that endless night

Sometimes when I was a little lonely

After crying, I suspected that no one understood me

Even though I fumbled with hesitation and trembled with fear

I had only myself to push me, to keep walking on

I discovered there was still someone accompanying me

I gazed at the far end of the darkness ahead, where there was light waiting for me."

 

As soon as Sunnee stopped singing, she turned to look that Dylan was staring at her. She stared back at him, as silence fills the air. Then Dylan started inching his face towards hers, with his eyes looking at hers.

 

Sunnee felt her heart beating fast again as she looked back at his eyes. As she closed her eyes, she felt his lips upon hers.