A Prince's Confession

I Fell In Love with My Butler

Dylan broke their kiss and he stared into Sunnee's eyes. He smirked when he saw her blushing. "Why did you do that?", she asked in a small voice.

 

"You're beautiful... and besides, we're dating right?", he said. "You mean, 'fake dating'.", she retorted. Dylan let out a smile at her.

 

"How about we make it real?", he asked.

 

---

 

Dylan shot his eyes open as he had that dream again. It's been a week since he kissed Sunnee, and now he's having a dream of it with different endings before waking up.

 

He hasn't been going out with Sunnee as a girl yet this week. She returned back in the mansion as Butler Sun. But whenever they see each other, she would greet him like nothing happened between the two of them.

 

But after days of not seeing Sunnee as a girl, he thought he just missed her as her normal self. But with the help of his father's advice, he realized that he actually loves her.

 

Flashback

 

"Xiao Qi? Are you there?", Qin Yang asked as he opened the door of Dylan's room. "I'm here dad.", he replied as he was covered in his blanket.

 

"You haven't been going out lately, and you're getting black under your eyes. Is there something wrong?", Qin Yang asked as he sat on his bed. Dylan let out a sigh as he sat up.

 

"I don't know Dad... I've been thinking a lot these days...", he said. "What is it about?", he asked. "About Sunnee...", Dylan said as he looked at his hands. "What about her?", he asked. "Dad, there's something I need to tell you. But I'm afraid that you'll get mad at me.", he said.

 

"Say it, I won't get mad.", Qin Yang said. Dylan took a deep breathe before speaking. "Actually, Sunnee and I are just fake dating.", he started to say. Qin Yang was surprised, and he raised his eyebrow. "You mean to say, your relationship with her is fake?", he asked. Dylan nodded his head.

 

"I did that because I don't want to get married to Princess Chao Yue. That's the only thing I can do to avoid this arranged marriage.", Dylan said. Qin Yang let out a sigh. "I understand why you're doing this. But if your mom finds out about this, you'll be done for.", he warned him. "I know that, but that's not the problem.", Dylan said. "Then what is it?", his dad asked.

 

"When we were out on our last date last week, I...", Dylan tried to say but no words came from his mouth. "You what? What did you do?", Qin Yang asked. "... I asked her to sing a song for me, then after she sung I... I kissed her.", he said. "You what?!", his dad exclaimed.

 

"Dad, keep your voice down!", Dylan said. "Alright, sorry sorry.", Qin Yang said. Then he looked at his son. "But I thought you guys are only fake dating? Why did you kiss her?", he asked.

 

Dylan blushed at that, making his father grin. "I... I don't know. She just look so beautiful that night, when she sung, I was mesmerized by her voice. I don't know what came to me, but I just kissed her.", Dylan said.

 

"What was her reaction when you did that?", Qin Yang asked. "She broke the kiss shortly, and she stood up saying that we should head home. But she blushed, her cheeks were so red even though it's pretty dark that night. And whenever I touched her hand or hold it, I will feel some spark. Sometimes, I would find myself thinking of what we'll be like in the future, and what are kids will be like. I'm so messed up.", Dylan said.

 

Qin Yang smiled at him. "Xiao Qi, have you heard yourself? No one thinks of a person that way, unless you love that person.", he said. Dylan looked at him in surprise. "Dad... Are you saying that I'm in love with her?", he asked.

 

He smiled at him. "You are in love with her, believe me. I was like that when I was about to ask your mom to be my girlfriend.", he said.

 

Dylan smiled to himself. "If I'm in love with her... then I'm glad that happened.", he thought.

 

End of Flashback

 

---

 

Sunnee let out a shriek as she burried her face in her kitten stuffed toy. She had just woken up with the same dream as Dylan.

 

"Why can't I just forget it?!", she demanded to herself. "Because Young Master stole your first kiss.", she heard Butler Jin say.

 

"Stop reminding me!", she said as she pouted. "Well, I didn't expect that Young Master will kiss you either, considering that you guys are just faking dating.", he said. "That's why I'm confused too! Why would he kiss me if our relationship is fake?!", she complained.

 

"If you want an answer, then ask him.", Butler Jin said. "Hell no!", Sunnee exclaimed. "I can't even look at him in the first place now, how can I ask him 'Why did you kiss me? Aren't we just fake dating?'"., she complained.

 

"Do you plan on avoiding him and not ask that question to him? While you're getting confused with what you feel about him.", he said. "I'm not even sure if I like him or not.", she said. "Because you don't like him. You love him.", he said.

 

"I don't love him! He's a devil.", Sunnee said. "A devil that tried to help you find your parents and kept your secret for a long time.", Butler Jin said.

 

With that, Sunnee let out a sigh as she stared at her stuffed toy. "Maybe I do love him...", she thought.

 

"But what if he doesn't feel the same way?", she asked. "That's for you to find out.", Butler Jin said.

 

---

 

Days passed by with Sunnee avoiding Dylan at the mansion. This went unnoticed by Queen Cassandra, except for Butler Jin, King Qin Yang and Dylan himself.

 

Dylan was at the terrace of the mansion. He just asked Butler Jin to call Sunnee to meet him at the terrace. He heard footsteps behind him, he looked to see Sunnee in his butler suit. 

 

"Is there anything you need, Young Master?", she asked in a formal tone as she tried to put a normal expression. "Can we talk?", he asked. "About what, Young Master?", she asked. Dylan sighed. "I told you to not call me 'Young Master' when we're alone.", he reminded her. "But-", she tried to say but he cuts her off. "No 'buts', Sun Sun.", he said.

 

With that, Sunnee shut . Dylan walked closer to her with a serious face, making her nervous. "I want to talk to you as yourself, as Sunnee.", he whispered to her. Hearing that made Sunnee nervous as she looked away from him.

 

"What is it?", she asked in a low voice. "Why are you avoiding me?", he asked. She let out a shaky breathe before speaking. "I'm not avoiding you.", she replied. "Then why aren't you looking at me?", he asked.

 

This time, Sunnee couldn't answer him as her heart started beating fast again. She didn't know if it's because  she's nervous or if it's something else. "Kitty, tell me. Why are you avoiding me?", he asked again.

 

Sunnee remained in silent as she looked at the floor. She couldn't bring herself to tell him, because she's afraid. Dylan sighed at her. "Fine, if you won't tell me that's ok. But I have something to tell you.", he said. "What is it?", she asked.

 

"About our fake relationship...", he started. Upon hearing that, Sunnee was nervous again. "I planned to continue that relationship. But this time, it won't be fake anymore.", he continued. Sunnee looked up at him in shock with wide eyes. "W-what?", she asked in surprise.

 

"I don't know where to start. And I don't known how it started but... Lately, I've been feeling sad because it's been a long time since we dated. Whenever I see you in the mansion, I have to control myself not to hug you out of nowhere because you are here as our butler. I know it's weird but... I've been missing you lately. You as Sunnee. Before, I wasn't sure of what I feel about you. Now... I realized that I love you.", he confessed.

 

Hearing that made Sunnee stare at him in shock. Only three words kept replaying in her mind and that is the words 'I love you'. He loves her, she loves him. What the hell are they doing? Both of them were playing hide-and-seek with their feelings.

 

"I... I don't know what to say...", Sunnee started. Dylan gave her a smile. "I understand.", he said. "But... ever since the day that you kissed me... I've been confused of my feelings as well.", she said. This made him shock and confused.

 

"With Butler Jin's help trying to talk out my confusion... He made me realize that...", she tried to say but no words came from . "That...?", he asked. She swallowed hard before speaking. "I feel the same way towards you.", she whispered as she blushed.

 

Dylan smiled widely upon hearing that. He hugged her tight. Sunnee was debating if she would hug him or not, but she hugged him nonetheless. She was happy because both of them can finally show their real feelings towards each other, but she's also sad because she knows that a prince and a commoner always don't end up together.

 

"Sunnee, can I ask you one thing? For assurance.", Dylan asked. "What is it?", she asked. "Can you be my girlfriend, for real?", he asked. Sunnee pulled away from the hug and nodded head at him with a smile. Although at the back of her mind, she's afraid of what will happen in the future.

 

Dylan hugged her again. "Can we go out on a date tomorrow?", he asked. Sunnee smiled at that. "Okay.", she said. Dylan kissed her forehead as he still hugged her.