Prologue

I Fell In Love with My Butler

A guy frowned as his stylist made him wore multiple suits. It wasn't just any suits, it's suits for his wedding day. Yes, at the age of 18, he'll get married. He can't do anything about it, as he is the heir of the Xiong family.

 

 

"Prince Dylan, what do you think of this suit?", his stylist, Lucia Chen, asked. Dylan looked boredly at the suit, "It's not bad.", he said. Lucia got a tick mark on her head. "You've been saying that to all the suits you've tried! How can you pick the best suit?", she whined.

 

 

"It's not my fault that all the suits kinda looks the same.", Dylan said. Lucia sighed at this. As on cue, someone with a short blonde hair came in a butler suit. "Young Master Dylan, the Queen is looking for you.", he said. Dylan gave a small smile at him, "Thanks, Butler Sun.", he said. He then went to his parent's room.

 

 

As he left, Butler Sun looked at the bunch of suits that was now on the floor. "Do you need help?", he asked. Lucia nodded her head. Butler Sun let out a chuckle and helped Lucia to clean up.

 

 

At the Queen's room, Cassandra Xiong, Dylan was frowning as he heard his mother's lecture again. "Xiao Qi, I know you don't have any feelings for her. But trust me, as time flies by, you'll learn to love her. Qin Yang and I are getting old, we want to see our grandchildren before we leave.", she said.

 

 

Dylan's eyes widened at this, "Mom!", he whined. He doesn't want to talk about having his own family yet. And thinking of having children with the girl he doesn't love made him even more uncomfortable. He forced a smile to her, "Mom, I already accepted the marriage. I chose not to find the girl who'll make my heart beat, now can I leave?", he asked.

 

 

Cassandra gave him a stern look, but her features softened. "I'm sorry son. I'm only doing what's best for you.", she said. Dylan sighed and gave her a small smile, before leaving the room. As he closed the door, he glared at the floor hard. "Why am I born as a prince? I want to live like a normal person.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

---

 

 

At the balcony in Xiong's mansion, Butler Sun, or Sun Sun, is taking a break with Butler Jin, Jin Bao San. They were having a tea party while looking at the sky.

 

 

"Hey, Sun Sun. Did you see that airplane that passed by?", Butler Jin asked. Sun Sun looked at the plane that just passed, "Yeah, what about it?", he asked. Butler Jin made a grin, "Instead of airplanes, what if flying carpets are real? Imagine seeing people at the sky waving at us.", he said.

 

 

Sun Sun took a look in the sky, and imagined what he told him. He let out a loud laugh and hitted Butler Jin's back. "Why do you have a wild imagination?", he asked in between his laughs.

 

 

As on cue, Dylan passed by the balcony and saw the two butlers laughing. He wondered what made them laugh like that. He went to them without making a noise. He stared at the laughing duo, then coughed.

 

 

The two stopped laughing and was shocked to see Dylan. They stood up and bowed. "Young Master!", they exclaimed. Dylan smiled at their reaction. "May I ask what's funny that made you two laugh?", he asked.

 

 

Sun Sun and Butler Jin looked at each other and sweat dropped. "Why would Young Master ask this? Someone as mighty as him wouldn't laugh at this lame joke.", Butler Jin thought. He then decides to tell Dylan what he told to Sun Sun. He was expecting Dylan to have a plain normal face. But he was shocked when he heard him laugh.

 

 

Sun Sun looked at Dylan in shock. He too, wasn't expecting Dylan to laugh at this. He found himself smiling, but dropped his smile. Butler Jin then shouted, making Sun Sun to cover his ears. "Hey!", Sun Sun exclaimed. "I forgot that the King ordered me to do something! I'll see you later, Sun- Sun!", he exclaimed before running away.

 

 

Sun Sun could only sigh at this, knowing that Butler Jin's 'I-forgot-my-duties' sickness is acting up again. He then sat down and drank his tea. Dylan sat across him, making Sun Sun look at him in shock. Dylan could see the uncomfortable look on his face and gave him an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry. Am I invading your privacy?", he asked.

 

 

Sun Sun gave him a smile, "It's okay Young Master. This is your mansion. You could sit as you please.", he said. Dylan smiled and sighed. "Can I ask you something?", he asked. Sun Sun nodded his head, "What is it, Young Master?", he asked. Dylan let out a chuckle, "You don't have to call me Young Master when we're talking to each other alone.", he said.

 

 

Sun Sun gave him a confused look. "You can call me by my name, Dylan.", Dylan said. Sun Sun gave him a shy smile, "Aiyo, I don't think I have the right to call Young Master by his name.", he said. Dylan smiled, "It's okay. Just call me by my name, please?", he pleaded. Sun Sun gave him a smile, "As you wish Young- ... Dylan.", he said shyly.

 

 

Dylan smiled at him then looked at the sky. "Is it fun living a normal life?", he asked. Sun Sun looked at him. "What makes you ask that?", he asked. Dylan sighed, "I want to know how it feels like living like one of you guys.", he said.

 

 

"It's okay. It's just that everyone has a loud mouth in the city, but it's good too. You get to walk around the place freely and stroll anywhere.", Sun Sun said. Dylan looked at him and saw the happiness in his eyes as he talked about his life.

 

 

Dylan then sighed, "I envy you.", he muttered. Sun Sun heard this and looked at him with a confused face, "Why?", he asked. "Being a heir of a kingdom is tiring. I see the same thing everyday. I'm getting bored just walking around the same place everyday.", Dylan said.

 

 

Sun Sun was shocked to hear this. He never expected to hear the Young Master complain about his duties as the heir. "I also want to live a normal life like you. I'm pretty sure I haven't experience things that you probably experienced already.", Dylan said.

 

 

Sun Sun gave him a small smile, "Is this about your arrange marriage?", he asked. Dylan nodded his head. Sun Sun could see the sadness in his eyes. "Let me guess, you haven't experienced falling in love?", he asked. Dylan blushed in embarrasment. Sun Sun chuckled at this.

 

 

"Don't worry. Maybe one of these days, you'll find your princess.", Sun Sun said. "But I also want to travel the city.", he whined. "Well, me and Butler Jin are planning to go around the city on our day off. Do you want to go with us?", he asked. Dylan looked at him with hope in his eyes, "Really? Can I go?", he asked. Sun Sun nodded his head, "Only if you want to.", he said.

 

 

Dylan smiled widely at him. "Thank you!", he said. Sun Sun smiled at him, "But, you have to disguise yourself. People might recognize you.", he said. Dylan nodded his head, understanding what he meant. He couldn't believe it, after so many years, he will finally get to go around the city. And he was too excited that he hugged Butler Sun in happiness.