Fake Dating

I Fell In Love with My Butler

"That young girl...".

 

Yi Ling thought as she looked at Sunnee. She doesn't know why, but she felt happiness seeing her. It feels like she is someone very close and important to her.

 

"Mom... Why are you staring at her?", Chao Yue asked. Jack sighed, "Your mom misses your eldest sister. She will be in the same age as that Sunnee girl if she was still here.", he said. Yi Ling smiled. "I don't know why, but I see my eldest child in her.", she thought.

 

---

 

Cassandra glared at Dylan and Sunnee who were now sitting across her and Qin Yang. She wanted to drag Sunnee out of the mansion, and never wanted to see her again. But she has to control it because she knew that Dylan would be mad at her.

 

"Where have you met my son?", Cassandra asked. Sunnee looked at her, while Dylan held her hand beneath the table to make her feel at ease. "At the mall, where he was out with his butlers.", she said. Cassandra looked at Dylan sternly. "You have been going out with them?! Since when?", she asked. "Almost a month now.", he said.

 

"Why did you went out with Butler Jin and Butler Sun?", Qin Yang asked. "I wanted to go out and go to some places that I've never been to before.", Dylan replied. "But you shouldn't-", Cassandra started but Qin Yang cutted her off. "I understand. It's important for you to be familiarize with our city since you will be a king soon.", he said.

 

"But I don't want to marry Princess Chao Yue.", Dylan said. "Why?", Cassandra asked with an evil tone. "Because I don't love her. The person that I love and I want to marry is sitting right beside me.", he replied. Cassandra frowned. "Fine, you don't mind if I'll ask her some questions, right?", she asked. Dylan nodded his head.

 

Sunnee could feel the tension get heavy as Cassandra stared at her with cold eyes. She had never seen the queen this mad, and to her of all people.

 

"What do you like about my son?", Cassandra asked. "Dy- Prince Dylan is caring, kind, and is fun to be with. When I first met him, I didn't think that I was with a prince. Because he wasn't wearing his prince clothes. And he acts like a normal citizen that's why I mistook him as one.", she started.

 

"Then every Wednesday, we always met at the mall. I was shocked when he can buy expensive things. That's when his butlers told me that he is a prince. Since then, I tried to avoid him because I'm not comfortable with him when I learned that he's a prince. But he proved to me that he isn't those kind of prince who will use their power to do bad things to his people. And I admire him for that.", she said.

 

"Prince Dylan is really kind. When I found out that he's sneaking out just to go to the city, I was mad at him. He was supposed to be informing you guys that he's going out. But he was afraid that you guys won't allow him. He found happiness in the city, and he don't want to lose his happiness.", Sunnee ended.

 

Qin Yang sighed while Cassandra looked at Dylan. "What makes you think that we won't allow you?", she asked. "Because you guys think it's bad. You think that all the people in our city only wants our money and power. You think bad things about them. When in reality, most of them doesn't even want money and power. They only want a simple life. All of them are working hard for themselves.", Dylan said.

 

"You don't understand-", Cassandra tried to say but Dylan cuts her off. "No, you don't understand. Not all people are the same. And Sunnee made me realize that we should be thankful for what we already have, not crave for more material things. She thought me how to be contented with what I have. And with her, I felt love.", he said.

 

"So you're saying that she's your first love?", Cassandra asked. Dylan nodded his head. "But you don't know her that well yet!", she demanded. "I do. And I'm not saying anything yet, since it's confidential.", he said.

 

"What are your parents like?", she asked. Sunnee looked down as sadness fills her eyes. Dylan could feel that she was getting uncomfortable at the question. "Mom, I told you. It's confidential.", he said. "Is it because her parents are criminals, drug users perhaps?", she asked. Qin Yang scolded her. "Cassandra!".

 

Sunnee felt a tear fell from her eye as she closed her eyes. "I... I haven't met them... I don't know what they look like. Or if they are still alive.", she said softly. Cassandra looked at her in shock and went quiet. "See, look how insensitive you are.", Qin Yang whispered to her.

 

"You made my girlfriend cry mom.", Dylan said with a frown as he and Sunnee stood up, and he hugged her. "I-I'm sorry Sunnee...", Cassandra said. "The reason why I fell for Dylan is that he never judged me for who I am and for what my past is. I feel safe and happy whenever I'm with him. He is the kindest guy I've ever met in my life. So if you'll ask me to break up with him, my answer is no.", she said as she walked away.

 

Dylan looked at her mom with a hurt and sad look before following Sunnee outside. Qin Yang sighed at his wife, "You're a queen. You should be the one who's making people happy. Not making them feel bad.", he said. "Shut it.", Cassandra said.

 

---

 

Dylan found Sunnee crying at the garden of their mansion. He went up to her and puts his hand over her head. "I'm sorry about my mom.", he apologized. Sunnee sniffed and took a deep breathe. "It's okay.", she said softly.

 

Dylan could feel the pain and sadness in her voice. "Are you okay?", he asked. Sunnee nodded her head and faced him with a small smile. "I am. Now stop talking about my problem. Let's talk about yours.", she said. "What problem?", he asked.

 

"I'm sure you hurted your mom when you told her that we're dating.", she said. "Well, she can't do anything about that.", he said. Then he smirked at her, "But what you said to her the last time before you walked out surprised me. That wasn't part of our plan.", he said.

 

Sunnee blushed and looked away from him. "Hey, I was hurt by the fact that I don't have parents. You should be grateful that I still carried on with our acting even if it's unplanned and despite me, crying.", she reasoned out.

 

Dylan inched his face towards hers until their foreheads are touching. "Really? Then what's with that blush on your face? Don't tell me you have fallen for me for real?", he asked. He looked at her with half-lidded eyes. And Sunnee could feel her heart beating fast as she stared back at him with shock. She couldn't move, because her crying earlier made her body feel numb.

 

Unknown to them, Chao Yue passed by the garden and saw them in that position. She felt sad looking at the two stare at each other for a long time.