Jennie Kim | Chaos

Truth Be Told

 

 

 

"Dr. Park... Where do you think you're going?"

 

 

I asked like the spoiled brat I am. To be honest, I'm only like this to her and I don't know why. I've always been aloof towards my parents, not that they cared though. I admit that she's my type but... love? Nope, I've decided not to waste my time with that. It's just all fun and games for me.

 

 

"I've got other patients too-..."

 

 

"But I'm your top priority, am I not?" I said back more aggresively than expected.

 

 

"Y-You are. I'm sorry Ms. Kim." She said with her head down.

 

 

Aish... Me and my stupid temper.

 

 

"Come with me." I said calmly this time but maybe a little authoritative?

 

 

"What?" Chaeyoung asked confusedly.

 

 

"I can go out for a week, right? I want you to assist me."

 

 

She was giving me a look like "what the hell are you saying" and I honestly I think I'd laugh if she answered few seconds late.

 

 

"Ms. Kim, I think that's already beyond my-..."

 

 

"I know. It's for precautions. I already told my Dad about it and he approves."

 

 

Of course I didn't tell my father. Would you see through my lie, Park Chaeyoung?

 

 

"Oh... If that's the case, then please just let me know your schedule." She said as she held her phone for her to take note of my desired schedule.

 

 

Of course you wouldn't... and I think I'll hate you for that.

 

 

"It's fine, you don't need to do that. I'll just call you, and make sure your time is all mine for a week."

 

 

"Understood, Ms. Kim." She said and bowed before speaking again. "May I go now, Ms. Kim?" Chaeyoung can't look at me straight in the eyes but I can see her dismay, or sense it at least.

 

 

"Yes you may, Dr. Park. Thank you."

 

 

I watched until the door clicked close. "What was that Roseanne? Are you that disappointed to be with me?" I muttered bitterly and decided to rest these unsettling emotions away.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"Is this okay? Nope, definitely not." I looked at the clock and tossed away the dress that I was just wearing out of frustration.

 

 

"Just how many clothes I've tried on already?! What the hell Jennie Kim, are you going on a date?! Compose yourself!" I said as a mantra because I think I'm about to lose my mind with clothing that I never had trouble with like... ever.

 

 

I hovered the mountain of clothes I kept tossing away on the bed and found a plain dark blue casual dress. "This. This should be fine." I said as I look at the mirror, contented... but I face-palmed myself few seconds after because I realized that this dress was the first one I tried on.

 

 

I moved on with my very difficult life decisions and started to fix my make-up and hair. I checked the time again and in just about ten minutes, Chaeyoung will be here to pick me up.

 

 

As expected, the doorbell rang, and thank goodness I was already ready. I opened the door and there she is... wearing slightly baggy jeans, sneakers, and a sweatshirt. Oh, thank you for making me look like I'm overly-dressed, Park Chaeyoung.

 

 

She reached for the organizer I was carrying on my left hand before she spoke. "Let's go." She said and she smiled at me. She turned around and went towards her car.

 

 

Did she just smile sweetly at me? What the hell did she eat? Those freaking bag of avocadoes? I stared at her momentarily and started to follow suit. She opened the passenger's for me and handed the organizer before closing door.

 

 

It was few minutes later that she was driving already.

 

 

"Okay... What happened to you?" I asked, finally breaking my curiosity.

 

 

"What do you mean?" She asked back while she keeps her eyes on the road.

 

 

"You just... don't feel like a robot unlike when you're in the hospital."

 

 

She chuckled. Was that the first time I heard it? It's angelic. Well, like I care.

 

 

"Maybe there's just a lot of pressure in the hospital..." She paused. "...and you're sort of look a little harmless on that dress to be honest." She chuckled again and I just felt my cheeks warm up.

 

 

"Yah are you mocking me, Park Chaeyoung?"

 

 

"Ani... just a little... comfortable." She looked at me this time as she sported another smile. Aish jinjja... stop that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And... we're here at... the Immigration Office?" Chaeyoung asked.

 

 

"What? You drove here and you just found out?"

 

 

"I thought you were just after the convenience store nearby." She answered innocently.

 

 

"What am I? Five?" I said as I opened the door. I realized she was following me and I went into a halt.

 

 

"I can do this on my own. You can just wait for me here, Roseanne." I said and she just nodded while her eyes roam around the area.

 

 

"Take care, Ms. Kim." I stopped on my tracks when I heard that annoying 'Ms. Kim' again.

 

 

"Rosie... I thought you're not a robot today?"

 

 

"W-Wha-... So what?"

 

 

"'Jennie' would be well-appreciated."

 

 

"Oh... Then, take care... J-Jennie."

 

 

My eyes widen, my cheeks burned up and I suddenly turned my back because I wasn't able to handle that... that... non-robotic human named Roseanne Park.

 

 

What the actual f-... Okay, okay. Breathe, Jennie. You don't care and wont care. Okay, now walk. 

 

 

I strut my way inside the building like I owned it, pressed the elevator, went up, and already saw my friend by the door of her office, waiting for me.

 

 

"Took you long enough." She commented sarcastically.

 

 

"Whatever, Chahee-onni."

 

 

"Aish! I told you to stop with the 'onni'!" She said and I just laughed. I everytime and I can say she's the only person I trust.

 

 

"So... What is your surprise for me this time, Jennie Kim?" She started as we both sit down, facing each other between her desk.

 

 

I handed her the papers of my transfer and scholastic documents in New York. "I want to leave Korea as quietly as possible."

 

 

Chahee's reaction was really a surprised one. I know it seems impossible but with a few tricks from an inside job, I know it would suffice.

 

 

"Are you serious? It's Kim Hyunsuk, multi-millionare, owner of the most prestigious hospital in Seoul, your father, we're talking about here." She said almost in a panic.

 

 

"Can you stop over-reacting? You could do this."

 

 

"Jen... I don't think I can. Like right now, don't you think there's no security following you?"

 

 

"I got that handled." Well, I actually do. Just mention the name 'Dr. Park Chaeyoung' to the head security and poof... problem solved.

 

 

"Aish... you're really full of surprises." She said and I chuckled at the remark. She smiled and that was the sign that she'd do the best she can. She always does, and I'd do the same for her.

 

 

She took all the documents I gave her and secured it in a folder. "I'll get back to you once I found a way."

 

 

"Got it. Thank you, onn-..."

 

 

"What is that again, Jennie?" Chahee cut me off, threatening me not to this time.

 

 

I chuckled again before continuing my sentence. "Thank you, Chahee." I smiled and she stood up and reached for a hug. I obliged and returned the gesture.

 

 

"Don't get yourself into any more trouble when you get there, you understand?" She whispered through the embrace and I smiled at her genuine concern.

 

 

"I won't. Please visit me often."

 

 

"Aish... you little dumpling." She tightened the hug and I gave it back too before we both pull away.

 

 

"I'll be going."

 

 

"Right... who's the hottie by the way?" She asked, a smirk forming into her lips.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"That blonde I saw who went out from the same car you did."

 

 

"What? She's just my doctor."

 

 

"Oh... a doctor huh? Interesting. Could you introduce-..."

 

 

"NO!" I blurted out subconsciously and I was surprised too because it wasn't meant to be that way... Aish I said compose yourself!

 

 

"Woah chill, Jen... I was just messing with you. I know you like her!" She said as she laugh, so entertained with my reaction.

 

 

"W-What? No! I don't do that kind of thing! It's a waste of time!" I said while waking out hastily towards the door.

 

 

"Whatever you say Jen!" I heard Chahee shout and yes, she annoys me sometimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Roseanne." I said to get her attention. She was staring blankly but in deep thought at the trees while her back rested against her car.

 

 

She flinched a little and turned around to face me. "Yeah?" She said with a small voice. Wait, was she... tearing up?

 

 

"Let's go." I commanded softly and she pressed the keys to unlock the car. We went in and I was thinking about if I should ask what's bothering her but realized that we aren't on that level yet.

 

 

"Where should we go next?"

 

 

"Did you already have lunch?" I asked

 

 

"Yeah before I went to pick you up, it's already past three now."

 

 

"Then... let's go drink."

 

 

"What? You know you can't-"

 

 

"Relax, Dr. Rosie. I'll just drink ginger ale, and you get to drink all of the alcohol. Sounds good?"

 

 

She stared at me, probably wondering what got into my head that I suddenly asked her for a drinking session. Well, it seems like she needed it more than I do.

 

 

"O-Okay then." She accepted the offer and drove off.

 

 

"Do you know a good place?" I asked, wondering where she's headed to.

 

 

She slowed down a bit then went to a full stop on shoulder. "I'm sorry, I... there's this chicken and beer restaurant Jisoo and I always go for a drink. I was going there out of habit. I'm sorry... is there a place you would suggest?"

 

 

"It's fine. Let's go there instead." I said half-heartedly. Part of me wanted to go because I want to see what kind of place they hang out or how would they share memories, and another part of me doesn't want to because... well, because of the same reason, I guess. I didn't want to see it. I settled with myself that I'm just curious, that's just it... nothing more.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"We could sit here. Is it okay?" Chaeyoung asked.

 

 

 

i just nodded and sat down on the couch she gestured for me to sit. "Is this your spot?"

 

 

"Hmm not really. It's on the other side." She answered. Oh, no stranger is allowed there is it? Only you and Jisoo, I suppose?

 

 

"Okay, I'll order you a bucket of beer, chicken, and ginger ale for me. My treat." I said and Chaeyoung ordered. I was playing with my fingers; tapping it to a seemingly anxious beats until I had enough of the silence. I decided to start a small talk.

 

 

"So... Why aren't you and Jisoo dating already?"

 

 

"W-What? Why should we?" Chaeyoung nearly panicked but composed it altogether.

 

 

"Why not? You two looked like a couple anyway."

 

 

"N-No... She... I... I don't-..." As if she was saved by the bell, our orders came. She quickly popped open a beer and drank out of frustration, I guess.

 

 

But you can't escape from me just like that Park Chaeyoung. "You were saying?" I asked.

 

 

"I... I don't swing like that." She said blankly... but it was more like a scripted lie.

 

 

"Seriously Rosie?"

 

 

"Seriously."

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

 

"Jisoo is beautiful, she's perfect I know... but once you get to know her, she's more than that..."

 

 

 

It's about two buckets of beer until I get her to talk like this, and it's about twenty minutes since she's been admiring her Jisoo. Aish... you're too enthusiastic and it's starting to annoy me.

 

 

 

"So... you do like her, don't you." I asked.

 

 

"No, I don't..."

 

 

Just spill, Park Chaeyoung!

 

 

"... I don't like her. I'm so undoubtedly and madly in love with her." She finished, followed by finishing her last bottle.

 

 

Speechless. 

 

 

That's what I am right now. This feeling... what is this? This is so foreign to me. It's like my chest was being gripped tightly and violently that I'm putting pressure on it. What is this? It feels like I've lost at something I wasn't even planning on fighting for. What are you doing to me?

 

 

"Dr. Park, I think you've had enough. Let's go and take me home."

 

 

"Okay, your majesty!"

 

 

"What? What did you just say?"

 

 

"Princess! I meant princess!" She said and chuckled while she struggled to find her balance as she stood up.

 

 

She offered her hand to me like a prince as a way of mocking me. I swatted it away in annoyance. "Forget it. I'll ing drive."

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"Yah Park Chaeyoung! You're a ing giant, you know that right?" I complained as I pull her out of my parking space. She's half asleep walking and finally we made it to the elevator. It's somehow a rellief that it's late already because the elavator came on an instant and it's empty. I dragged Chaeyoung inside and I kept dragging her until we were inside my unit, and I threw her on the couch.

 

 

"Ouch!" She complained as she sat up, caressing her head.

 

 

"Serves you right!"

 

 

"What did I do?!"

 

 

I got so irritated with her that I kneeled on the couch so I would be looking down to her and I grabbed the collar of her sweatshirt with both of my hands.

 

 

"Listen, Park Chaeyoung! You! I've never-..." Out of my anger, I kept pushing her and we both lost our balance. Hence, I was lying on top of her and she guided my waist so I won't fall down.

 

 

My heart kept beating erratically while we look at each other... but surprisingly enough, it wasn't just me. I can feel hers beating the same way as mine did. It was an unknown gust of emotion when she looked down on my lips and her hands started to tighten its embrace, pulling me closer to her.

 

 

I wanted to object, to ask what was she doing but... do I really want that? Or... do I want this beautiful being right in front of me to do whatever she's planning to do?

 

 

Each milisecond feels like a lifetime and it's irritating. Everything about her and whatever she's making me feel are irritating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I hate you, Park Chaeyoung." I muttered near her lips before I closed that excruciating gap. Our lips kept returning the intensity as she pull me closer... and closer, violently closer. We were frantic, excited with each other's touch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were chaos.